PDA

View Full Version : Packers Versus Jaguars - Official Preseason Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Partial
08-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Well, last week we had a dominating preseason performance. Tonight, we're squaring up against the NFL's #2 defense from last season, returning all its starters.

One starter for the Jaguars will not be suiting up tonight and that is right guard Chris Naeole.

This week will be a HUGE test for the Packers because the Jags like to play physical football. They like to run the ball right up the middle, and win the battles in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

The Packers are beginning to adopt a similiar style of play and tonight will be an excellent test for our young offensive line and our deep defensive lines.

Can we stop the running game of Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew, the best 1-2 punch in the NFL? Can we continue to get pressure off the edge and force turnovers? Will our offensive line be able to hold up against the best tandem of tackles in the NFL? We will be able to move the ball in the red zone?

Tonight will be very telling of how the Packers rebuilding plan is going. If we win both battles in the trenches, then this team will be pretty competitive during the regular season. If we lose them both, it looks like it could be another long year without the playoffs.

Partial
08-23-2007, 01:20 PM
FIVE THINGS TO WATCH

Mirror image: The Jaguars play the kind of football the Packers hope to play this season: good, physical defense complemented by a strong running game. Jacksonville ranked second in the league in defense last year and will punch the Packers in the mouth if they don't come ready to rumble. This will be the best test for the Packers' run defense thus far even though Naeole won't be in the lineup and it's questionable how many carries starting running back Fred Taylor will receive. Jacksonville ran for a franchise-record 2,541 yards last year.

First things first: The Jaguars intend to play most of their starters through the first three quarters of the game, but the Packers won't match them. Because of injuries at running back, fullback and offensive line, coach Mike McCarthy wants to limit the exposure of the starters and risk losing any more depth at those positions. What's more, he wants to put players who are on the fence - such as ends Larry Birdine and Jason Hunter, safety Charlie Peprah, linebacker Desmond Bishop and defensive tackle Daniel Muir - a chance to play against the Jaguars' No. 1 units.

Crunch time: So far, neither Dave Rayner nor Mason Crosby has flinched. Both have hit 2 of 2 attempts in exhibition games and roughly the same percentage in practice. Kickoffs could be a determining factor. So far, their distance has been almost equal (Rayner is averaging 70 yards per kick and Crosby is averaging 69.8). But Rayner has two touchbacks to Crosby's one and returns off his kickoffs have averaged 21.2 yards to Crosby's 28.0. The battle continues.

Block and tackle: Rookie Korey Hall has the team made, the only question is whether he'll start at fullback. Veteran Brandon Miree suffered a setback due to a neck stinger and will be playing for the first time. Either Miree is going to have to play lights out or Hall is going to have to fall flat on his face for there to be a change in the depth chart. Hall's play on special teams continues to be a plus in his favor and he's definitely the fullback of the future.

Feet first: Rookie free agent running back Corey White is being given an opportunity to show he belongs, but he's clearly on the fence and needs a big game to solidify his spot. White has the second most carries behind Brandon Jackson with 21, but is averaging just 2.2 yards per attempt. Jackson, Morency and Hall are guaranteed roster spots. White could serve as a swing man at halfback and fullback. If he plays well, then the Packers could keep him and either one or two more halfbacks to go with the other three.

Tom Silverstein

Rastak
08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Week 3 of the preseason is the main one. Are the starters supposed to play the whole first half?

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 01:41 PM
We're calling them discussions now? :?:

CaliforniaCheez
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
The Jaguars plan to have their starters play 3 quarters.

The Packers will play their starters for a half.

Betting line has Packers getting 3 points(3 point underdog). Over and under is 37. I'd bet the under.

1) Corey Williams should be have a good night going against lesser talent.
2) Pickett will have more opportunity also.
3) Rodgers will feel a lot of pressure in the third quarter. If he doesn't screw up the Packers could win.

The Packers will have the halftime lead. A couple of third quarter drives will be nice. Ingle has to not turn the ball over late.

Bottom line: Much of the games outcome depends on Aaron Rodgers making plays and not screwing it up. Post game threads will be about his play good or bad.

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
It's going to be hard to judge--since McCarthy is going to sit a lot of his starters and Jacksonville plans to play their starters through 3 quarters.

From JSO:

First things first: The Jaguars intend to play most of their starters through the first three quarters of the game, but the Packers won't match them. Because of injuries at running back, fullback and offensive line, coach Mike McCarthy wants to limit the exposure of the starters and risk losing any more depth at those positions. What's more, he wants to put players who are on the fence - such as ends Larry Birdine and Jason Hunter, safety Charlie Peprah, linebacker Desmond Bishop and defensive tackle Daniel Muir - a chance to play against the Jaguars' No. 1 units.

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM

I don't even know if they'll play that long. Where did you read that? I had read that many of them won't even play 2 quarters, and it sounds like they'll even put borderline guys in with the first team to see how they do against the Jags #1s.

CaliforniaCheez
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Why the heck is the game so early??

Five o'clock PDT!! That's before Happy Hour!

Partial
08-23-2007, 02:25 PM

I don't even know if they'll play that long. Where did you read that? I had read that many of them won't even play 2 quarters, and it sounds like they'll even put borderline guys in with the first team to see how they do against the Jags #1s.

I predict they keep the playmakers in a quarter and then the rest of the starters in a half at least. I guess we'll know in 4.5 hours.

CaliforniaCheez
08-23-2007, 02:29 PM

Sorry, it was an AP(Associated Press) story. All I've seen is that McCarthy will not be playing starters in the second half.

Why can't the gme start an hour later?

5:00 in the afternoon is a bit crazy and hurts the national audience.

packinpatland
08-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Now you know how it feels to be on the east coast........in reverse!
Try watching MNF game when it gets over at 12:30, and there's still Tues. morning to deal with.
Or even worse, trying to watch a Sox game that starts at 10pm, when they play on the west coast.
What I'm trying to say is.........................no pity for you! :lol:

MJZiggy
08-23-2007, 02:55 PM

Sorry, it was an AP(Associated Press) story. All I've seen is that McCarthy will not be playing starters in the second half.

The could just delay it on the west coast...

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 03:09 PM
The could just delay it on the west coast...

That is until a rabid fan of [insert team here] calls up bragging about beating the Packers......but in the West Coast it's still in the 1st quarter. :wink:

Not to mention the confusing game thread's it would cause. :D

CaliforniaCheez
08-23-2007, 03:18 PM
When MNF started at 6pm and was done by 9:15 it was great.

Now ESPN has 35% fewer viewers than on ABC.

Sundays games start at 10 and 1. Sunday night games get over at a good time.

Usually the West Coast has the best times for football. Tonight if a person gets home from work at 6 the game is already in the 2nd quarter.

ESPN by bumping MNF up has lost many casual fans who won't join a game in progress. Kornhoser could be part of of why rating are down also.

MJZiggy
08-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Kornhoser could be part of of why rating are down also.

COULD???

rpiotr01
08-23-2007, 03:32 PM

Cause 50% of the US population is in the eastern timezone, 80% in eastern + central. It doesn't hurt the national audience as much as one might think.

Sorry west coast and mountain people, but you're SOL ;)

Cheesehead Craig
08-23-2007, 03:34 PM

Cause 50% of the US population is in the eastern timezone, 80% in eastern + central. It doesn't hurt tha national audience as much as one might think.

Sorry west coast and mountain people, but you're SOL ;)
Yeah, and you get to live out west in wonderful weather. That's your consolation prize.

Partial
08-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Don't they normally just replay shows for the Western time zone?

Eastern time zone sucks. Central is where its at. You get all the same quality of entertainment but are in bed earlier, and I do love my sleep.

rpiotr01
08-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Eastern time zone sucks. Central is where its at. You get all the same quality of entertainment but are in bed earlier, and I do love my sleep.

Hey, at least we have an ocean over here. With striped bass and tuna fishin' galore.

Then again, you have Northern pike and Muskie. It's a toss up there...

Packers4Ever
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Why the heck is the game so early??

Five o'clock PDT!! That's before Happy Hour!

Go EAST, young man, go east ! It's 7:00 here, :P

Rastak
08-23-2007, 04:21 PM

Not sure I agree with this approach. I'd play all starters for one full half. Then again, I usually don;t agree with teams (and almost all do) that only play their starts for a series of two in the 4th game.

That's just my opinion. I'd prefer to get guys in synch leading into the season. Yes, injuries are the danger.

I actually get to watch the game live tonight.

Joemailman
08-23-2007, 04:29 PM
We're calling them discussions now? :?:

I don't see the word official in the title, so this can't be the game thread.

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2007, 04:34 PM
crap, did the game start already? What period are they in? Has Bubba caught a pass?

Freak Out
08-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, last week we had a dominating preseason performance. Tonight, we're squaring up against the NFL's #2 defense from last season, returning all its starters.

I thought they had two new starters at safety?

Rastak
08-23-2007, 04:41 PM

Yea, and are they #2 so far this preseason?

edit:

They were #10 against the pass last year
and #4 against the rush

Not bad....

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 05:22 PM

One new starter, Reggie Nelson. He's out tonight--which means Sammy Knight might start. I believe Gerald Sensabaugh is still starting at the other S spot.

Bretsky
08-23-2007, 06:15 PM

One starter for the Jaguars will not be suiting up tonight and that is right guard Chris Naeole.

This week will be a HUGE test for the Packers because the Jags like to play physical football. They like to run the ball right up the middle, and win the battles in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

The Packers are beginning to adopt a similiar style of play and tonight will be an excellent test for our young offensive line and our deep defensive lines.

Can we stop the running game of Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew, the best 1-2 punch in the NFL? Can we continue to get pressure off the edge and force turnovers? Will our offensive line be able to hold up against the best tandem of tackles in the NFL? We will be able to move the ball in the red zone?

Tonight will be very telling of how the Packers rebuilding plan is going. If we win both battles in the trenches, then this team will be pretty competitive during the regular season. If we lose them both, it looks like it could be another long year without the playoffs.

Time to Patlerize you :lol:

Deon Grant was the starting safety for the Jags last year so they do not return all their starters

Rastak
08-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Should be a good test though.....they did put up very good numbers last year.....offense isn't the greatest in the world but they aren't bad either...should be a good test for the first half.

retailguy
08-23-2007, 06:27 PM

Time to Patlerize you :lol:

Deon Grant was the starting safety for the Jags last year so they do not return all their starters

And Donovin Darius was the other starting safety and he is in Oakland.... so I doubt he's a returning starter either. :wink:

Rastak
08-23-2007, 06:28 PM
If this is the badly named official thread, it sure is dead.....

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 06:34 PM
And Donovin Darius was the other starting safety and he is in Oakland.... so I doubt he's a returning starter either. :wink:

Not really--since Darius only played 2 games last year. Gerald Sensabaugh took over, and hasn't looked back since.

MJZiggy
08-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Maybe we need an appropriately named thread...

Rastak
08-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Maybe we need an appropriately named thread...

Wasn't there a rule about the gam after a win where the same guy has to start the next weeks thread? Mad chewed my ass for that last year.

MJZiggy
08-23-2007, 06:56 PM
I guess it only applies toward regular season games because "the preseason don't mean shit."

esoxx
08-23-2007, 06:58 PM
I guess it only applies toward regular season games because "the preseason don't mean shit."

Correct.

Doesn't matter who starts a preseason game thread.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 06:59 PM
National TV game makes it all the better.........

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Kenny Albert's head is bigger then Ryan Pickett's ass.

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Speaking of Pickett....

Who's bigger, Ryan Pickett or Tony S?

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Kenny Albert's head is bigger then Ryan Pickett's ass.

I've never studied it....LOL...so I'm not sure....actually either.

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Technically, Justin Harrell should be starting this thread.

If we lose or a player gets hurt, I suggest banning Partial.

wpony
08-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Well here we go lets go pack :cow:

Oscar
08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Just turned on the tube..Been lookin forward to watching the game all week..I live in the Kansas City area so guess what??? The K.C. game is on regular TV instead....Shit!!!! NFl Net. is blocking the game here....Guess I'll have to wait for the regular season..Via the Sunday Tic.... :roll:

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:10 PM
They sent at least two guys on that blitz....

BallHawk
Just turned on the tube..Been lookin forward to watching the game all week..I live in the Kansas City area so guess what??? The K.C. game is on regular TV instead....Shit!!!! NFl Net. is blocking the game here....Guess I'll have to wait for the regular season..Via the Sunday Tic.... :roll:

Ouch.

Rastak

Can't have been a big shock but it sure would be disappointing....

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Jones sure is grabbing alot of passes...

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
In 007's absence.

JJ :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lurker64
08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Holy crap, the Packers converted a first down after second and long. I can't remember the last time that happened.

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:13 PM
OL looking good.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:13 PM
OL looking good.

Not bad....

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Favre trusts Jones.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Favre trusts Jones.

Seems that way.

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:15 PM
That wasn't how it's supposed to work.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice drive but they sure are having trouble running the ball.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Long FG?

Freak Out
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Kick a long one baby!

BallHawk
Can't blame 'em for going for it.

Rastak
Why the hell would you go for it on 4th and 5?

I figured it was punt or FG?

Oscar
08-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Since I can't see the game I'll read everyones take on things later..Enjoy all.. :) Think I'll get some work done.

BallHawk

Meh, it's preseason.

Freak Out
Can't blame 'em for going for it.
Work the kickers dude..it's pre.

Lurker64

I figure it's preseason, and there's games in the regular season where you'll need to convert a fourth and a five to keep a drive alive. Good to get reps some time.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Meh, it's preseason.

True......

pack4to84
with a good D I think MM would go for it more often when around the 40. Which is to long for field goal and to short for punt.

Rastak

I figure it's preseason, and there's games in the regular season where you'll need to convert a fourth and a five to keep a drive alive. Good to get reps some time.

Yea, but you should almost never go for it on 4th and 5.....

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Nice play by Barnett.....

Bretsky
08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Leftwich could have smoked a joint back there he had so much time

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:22 PM

You might be exagerating slightly Bretsky....LOL.....

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Was that call on Barnett?

BallHawk

I think so....

gbgary

no...harris i think

Rastak

You might be exagerating slightly Bretsky....LOL.....

Actually he does have some time, coverage downfield must be good....

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:24 PM
What a stupid call......

gbgary
08-23-2007, 07:25 PM
now THAT...was a bad play call. lol

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Nick Barnett can't keep his hands to himself on the field and off the field.

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Can't say our LBs don't have passion.

gbgary
no punting tonight. go for it on 4th down the rest of the night.

esoxx

Since GB is allegedly only playing their starters the 1st quarter, I don't see the harm. Probably a factor in the decision.

ZachMN
08-23-2007, 07:27 PM
boy our running game is bad
we need a rb in the worst way

both of these teams look slow to me

Him8123
08-23-2007, 07:27 PM
man our D is nasty

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:28 PM

Since GB is allegedly only playing their starters the 1st quarter, I don't see the harm. Probably a factor in the decision.

I got the impression it would be well into the 2nd.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Packers defense looks pretty good this preseason. Offense isn;t all bad either although they can't seem to run much today.

woodbuck27
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Opening Drive:

Green Bay Packers at 15:00

10-J.Scobee kicks 75 yards from JAX 30 to GB -5. 11-D.Clowney, Touchback.

1-10-GB 20 (15:00) 32-B.Jackson left end to GB 21 for 1 yard (29-B.Williams).

2-9-GB 21 (14:24) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 80-D.Driver to GB 32 for 11 yards (21-T.Cousin).

1-10-GB 32 (13:41) 4-B.Favre sacked at GB 25 for -7 yards (97-R.Hayward).

2-17-GB 25 (13:05) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 32-B.Jackson to GB 30 for 5 yards (21-T.Cousin, 27-R.Mathis).

3-12-GB 30 (12:22) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 89-J.Jones to GB 45 for 15 yards (26-S.Knight; 43-G.Sensabaugh).

1-10-GB 45 (12:22) PENALTY on JAX-92-R.Meier, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at GB 45 - No Play.

1-5-50 (11:24) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to 80-D.Driver.

2-5-50 (11:17) 32-B.Jackson right tackle to JAX 48 for 2 yards (52-D.Smith, 54-M.Peterson).

3-3-JAX 48 (10:32) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 89-J.Jones to JAX 45 for 3 yards (52-D.Smith, 54-M.Peterson).

1-10-JAX 45 (9:56) 32-B.Jackson left end to JAX 45 for no gain (54-M.Peterson). FUMBLES (54-M.Peterson), recovered by GB-35-K.Hall at JAX 45. 35-K.Hall to JAX 45 for no gain (93-B.McCray).

2-10-JAX 45 (9:10) 23-N.Herron left tackle to JAX 45 for no gain (99-M.Stroud, 54-M.Peterson).

3-10-JAX 45 (8:40) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 85-G.Jennings to JAX 40 for 5 yards (29-B.Williams).

4-5-JAX 40 (7:55) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete short middle to 85-G.Jennings.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Looks like a legitimate fumble.....I wonder if MM will challenge....

LEWCWA
CUBS LOSE, CUBS LOSE, CUBS LOSE, OH SHIT WRONG FORUM!!

Deputy Nutz
1st series there were some nice plays and some not so nice plays.

Jones made two nice catches for first downs. I loved the route on the second completion for a first down, he ran a quick out and then pivoted back towards the center of the field located the first down marker and then fought for it.

The oline is going to be tested by the Jag's tough and athletic defensive line, especially in the running game, Spitz, Colledge, and Wells all got shoved into the backfield on consecutive running plays.

GrnBay007
08-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Packer fans.

Just got the game on. Did I miss anything exciting???

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Packer fans.

Just missed a fumble!

GrnBay007
Hi Packer fans.

Just missed a fumble!

I saw that :(

Rastak
Barnett looks like he's on drugs....

BallHawk
Hi Packer fans.

Just missed a fumble!

By her boy, nonetheless.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi Packer fans.

Just missed a fumble!

I saw that :(

j/k 007.......Packers defense has been ok and Jones caught a couple passes.

BallHawk
Barnett looks like he's on drugs....

Doesn't he always look that way?

GrnBay007
Hi Packer fans.

Just missed a fumble!

By her boy, nonetheless.

I know!! That really hurt. :(

BallHawk
Stuffed.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
THAT was a nice play by the Packers....

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Now you go for it....

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Don't think the punters are enjoying this game so far.

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:36 PM
End of one....zip-zip

Packers
4 rushing
43 passing

Jags
opposite
34 rushing
9 passing

OS PA
08-23-2007, 07:38 PM
http://ustream.tv/channel/moho

Rastak
Nah, I'd kick....

edit: Nice run stuffing by the Pack...stoopid play call after what just happened.

OS PA
BARNETT!

pack4to84
nice stop

gbgary
nice!!!

BallHawk
Nick Barnett is a freakin' animal.

Brandon494
08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Barnett is the freaking man!

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Barnett is the freaking man!

He's fired up.

LEWCWA
08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I think these guys sense this D could be special and are raising thier level of play!

OS PA
08-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Jackson is not running hard. He's being stopped on first contact. The good thing for him is he doesn't seem to get tired, so if he's in there in the third and fourth you'll start seeing him break people down... too bad he can't do it all game.

LEWCWA
Not that I see anything since I am in Texas and at work!!!

BallHawk
Just a little overthrown.

Rastak
He was looking for Harry Potter under his invisibility cloak....

BallHawk
Actually, that was GJ's fault.

OS PA
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Better leave the firsts in there until they start doing shit.

Rastak
Favre pissed at Jones....and Jennings....great protection by the OL though.....

GrnBay007
That didn't go so well on O

Partial
08-23-2007, 07:45 PM

Touche. I didn't do my homework. I quickly glanced over the depth chart. I believe you are correct.

Rastak

I was saying before the game, I think you want to keep your starters in for quite a while in game 3 to develop chemistry but also 4 quarter stamina.

I thinkteams should play starters a half in preseason game 4...just my opinion.

retailguy

Ah.... It wasn't so bad, just need to fix a few things and we're super bowl bound baby! :P

We got 4 rushing yards in the 1st quarter. That's a start!

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Is it possible that Barnett is the best player on the defense?

And I'm not just over-reacting from tonight. I think he's every bit as good as AJ Hawk.

RIPackerFan
Good protection - I think Favre is winging it just to show everyone he can still throw it downfield.

O-line has to open some holes. While Jackson is not breaking a lot of tackles, he is making the proper cut - its just that there is no hole. This is different than last week, we there wasn't someone waiting in the hole for him.

Great to see a 3rd and 1 and 4 and 1 and have the D stop them both times.

OS PA
We need to start getting some push on running downs on both the O and the D.

And that play sucked.

GrnBay007
08-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Is it possible that Barnett is the best player on the defense?

Ask Wist. :lol:

Brandon494
what the hell Al Harris?

Rastak
Leftwich has a bit of time this drive....

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Packers coverage must be pretty damn good........

OS PA
We need better push. Are we playing our starters on the line? Or are they mixing it up with Birdine, and Hunter?

Brandon494
holy shit!

OS PA
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
HOOOOOO

pack4to84
monster hit 55

BallHawk
Are you kidding me?!!!!!

Partial
They don't look so good tonight.

No bar for me tonight.

Found a hole in the closet ceiling leaking water in Anna's apartment. Not good at all.

Jesus H. Bishop with a big f'in stick!

retailguy

Yep, they're rushing 4 and putting 7 in coverage. The good news - no one open.

Wow that was a hit!

Rastak
08-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Yep, they're rushing 4 and putting 7 in coverage. The good news - no one open.

Wow that was a hit!

hey, whatever works....and it is....

Harlan Huckleby
do you think its possible that Bishop is the best player on the defense?

Charles Woodson
Shit, that bishop hit was nasty

ZachMN
He held the ball
when he cut across I knew BF was going to go to him

Freak Out

:lol:

RIPackerFan
The Jags are keeping in 6 to block 4 - I will take those odds in coverage.

retailguy
08-23-2007, 07:51 PM

I think he's a sure fire HOF'er on this super bowl team!

GrnBay007

LOL u crack me up

esoxx
Bishop probably made the roster with that hit.

retailguy
The Jags are keeping in 6 to block 4 - I will take those odds in coverage.

Agree - it's what we endured all last year.

Partial
08-23-2007, 07:52 PM
The O needs to run more stretches and take it outside. I don't care if you've got Mike Wahle, Frankie Bag-O-Donuts and Marco Rivera at their prime you cannot run inside against STroud and Henderson.

Sounds kinda weak to take a Page outta Barry A's playbook, but it would work much better than keeping taking it up the gut against these guys.

Gameplanning MM. I know you know what that means and know how to minimize an opponents strength.

Brohm
Yeah they starting to make some substitutions. White and Bishop there, nice hit Bishop :twisted:

OS PA
God damn our coverage is nice.

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2007, 07:53 PM
I thought Al harris looked excellent on the play

pack4to84
08-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Bishop is battling Hodge for the backup MLB. So if Bishop makes it Hodge is out. Looks like bye bye Hodge.

OS PA
The good news - We're holding our own with 1sts and 2nds in against a surefire playoff team this year.
The bad news - We're not running well.

Edit: Jackson is finding the hole, no matter how little it is. That bodes well for his future, our line needs to start ripping open bigger holes.

ZachMN
I agree with running outside; I have seen at least three plays where it would have worked

RIPackerFan
It seems we are pretty vanilla on the D - few blitzes (I counted only three so far). Nothing too exotic either.

I wonder if that is one purpose or whether we plan on playing this way down the line.

Him8123
yea our coverage is pretty damn solid

BallHawk
Bishop is battling Hodge for the backup MLB. So if Bishop makes it Hodge is out. Looks like bye bye Hodge.

Well, they both can hit, except one doesn't have nagging injuries.

Charles Woodson
08-23-2007, 07:55 PM
New drive lets see some fire works

GrnBay007
I wanna see a Packer TD!!!

Him8123
now if we can get some offense going

retailguy

Maybe they can just take turns hitting each other, last man standing wins... :wink:

Harlan Huckleby
they still need some outside linebackers. haven't heard a peep from MM on my suggestion to move Rouse. Wait - i guess Bishop can play inside or outside.

Charles Woodson
08-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Heyy, Bubbaa, welcome back

OS PA
Bubba bubba!

BallHawk
There's no way Bubba isn't the starting TE on opening day.

pack4to84
bubba sighting 25 yards

retailguy
I wanna see a Packer TD!!!

How about a dozen rushing yards and a hole or two?

WTF? Bubba! He didnt' drop it!

esoxx
Dan Franks looking good.

Him8123
I hear ya Franks, I was thinking he was washed up, nice last 2 weeks though.

GrnBay007
BUBBA?? wowza!!

BallHawk
And Donald Lee will be the #2.....

Brohm
Bubba with the YAC :shock: and carrying a few with him.

pack4to84
Look at the time 4 is getting now

gbgary
ya know...he's been pretty darn good the last two games.

woodbuck27
End of one....zip-zip

Packers
4 rushing
43 passing

Jags
opposite
34 rushing
9 passing

Careful there, Rastak :)

I've got Brandon Jackson going 5 yards on 5 carries.

Noah Herron 1 carry and ZERO yards.

footballfever
Favres throwin to recievers he trusts to run the right routes

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:57 PM
This is what I like to see.

Rastak
Nice drive.

Charles Woodson
The slant routes have been working pretty well

pack4to84
4 has all day now

esoxx
Nice to see Jennings involved.

PackerTimer
Wow, a couple of nice plays by our TE's.

gbgary
gj wasn't tentative that time

Him8123
man that O-line is giving farve a minute back there. They keep that up Farve is gonna have a field day picking defenses apart

Freak Out
On fire....

retailguy
we don't need no stinking running game. we'll just throw it every down.

OS PA
08-23-2007, 07:58 PM
The last five passes have been to five different receivers.

PackerTimer
Nice to see see Jennings involved.

Agreed. I was hoping he would have a few balls thrown his way tonight. He is gonna be vital to the success of this team.

BallHawk
If Byron Leftwich can smoke a joint back there, Favre can smoke a joint and roll it, too.

Him8123
Farve`s getting that arm warm

Charles Woodson
C'mon driver, dont let him throw you around like that :D

Rastak
If Byron Leftwich can smoke a joint back there, Favre can smoke a joint and roll it, too.

Ummmm, ya gotta roll it first....

BallHawk
08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
1st down.

OS PA
Lol six for six

pack4to84
6 passes to 6 different people

Rastak
1st down.

Throw it on 3rd and 1?

woodbuck27
Screw the running game ! :worship: FAVRE.

esoxx

Is that a bong out there on the field? Nope, challange flag got loose.

BallHawk

I knew that. :satan: :satan:

pack4to84
08-23-2007, 08:00 PM
7 different ones no. Guess Jones for the TD here

gbgary
starting to rain

retailguy
1st down.

Throw it on 3rd and 1?

Have you seen the running game? :cry:

BallHawk
Almost had it.

OS PA
AAAAAlllmooost

OS PA
08-23-2007, 08:01 PM
God damnit, that was a James Jones Touchdown.

BallHawk
That's a TD to JJ if it isn't deflected. :evil:

Rastak
Wow, 5 reciever set?

esoxx
That pass to Driver was right on the money. Good coverage.

Him8123
damn he was wide open too

Brohm
1st and goal 3 pass plays :( I hate that.

woodbuck27
Wondering if Bubba's in the game now?

BallHawk
Well, at least we scored.

Charles Woodson
First blood

ZachMN
08-23-2007, 08:02 PM
BJack is too indecisive he needs to turn on the jets and run to frickin daylight wherever it is

BallHawk

Yup. Rasheen Mathis made a great play.

Him8123
I think Bubba might have won his spot back

Charles Woodson

well when your running back has 7 yards on 6 attempts, im fine passing it

Rastak

Yup. Rasheen Mathis made a great play.

Harvey's guy.....

Brohm
Yeah I was thinking Jackson should have taken that dump off outside and try to hit the marker.

BallHawk
How much longer can they drag Prison Break out for?

esoxx
08-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Damn, Prison Break with another season? Didn't they break out yet? Guess they're still trying. :lol:

Him8123
thats actually a good show, the 3rd season is gonna be the last. when they signed on it was for only 3 years

Rastak
Packers look pretty solid again I hate to say. This is my first live game but I watched both other games on NFLN. Offense looks better than my Vikes, defense about the same.....not as many big plays but solid as hell

DAMN IT!

Brohm

I suppose yah all our short-yardage backs are injured as well :evil:

PackerBlues
If this is what we can expect from our running game all season, Favre should have no problem getting all the records this year........cause he is gonna be carrying this Offense.

Defense still looking shit hot!

GrnBay007
08-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Damn, Prison Break with another season? Didn't they break out yet? Guess they're still trying. :lol:

They broke out and got caught....lol Don't dog those handsome boys. :P

Partial
The good news - We're holding our own with 1sts and 2nds in against a surefire playoff team this year.

Edit: Jackson is finding the hole, no matter how little it is. That bodes well for his future, our line needs to start ripping open bigger holes.

You aren't going to run inside against Stroud and Henderson. Nobody in the league is. It's like running against Pat and Kevin Williams. Not going to happen. Henderson requires like a triple team with his size. He's like 6'8". Scary!

Him8123
I`m waiting for a defensive turnover

Rastak

You aren't going to run inside against Stroud and Henderson. Nobody in the league is. It's like running against Pat and Kevin Williams. Not going to happen. Henderson requires like a triple team with his size. He's like 6'8". Scary!

Run outside?

retailguy
08-23-2007, 08:05 PM

we have short yardage backs? :?:

woodbuck27
08-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Wondering if Bubba's in the game now?

Looks like he may have been as he made one nice reception of 25 yards in the scoring drive?

Packers 3 - Jag's 0

OS PA
08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
I'll give you one guess at who made that special teams tackle.

MTPackerfan
08-23-2007, 08:07 PM
man, wish I could see this game on TV. Have to be content to listen to teh radio and computer

Brohm

Heh I was thinking that the second *after* I posted that :shock: When is Wynn coming back :P

esoxx

They broke out and got caught....lol Don't dog those handsome boys. :P

I thought that would get your attention. :)

They may be handsome but they sure don't seem to be able to break out of prison that well....not that it's easy....not that I've ever tried it.

Hell, I have trouble breaking into my house when I'm looked out. :lol:

Partial
1st down.

Throw it on 3rd and 1?

Have you seen the running game? :cry:

Seriously? This is like playing the vikes. You don't run against the Jags.

OS PA
man, wish I could see this game on TV. Have to be content to listen to teh radio and computer

Him8123
he should have never got that first down, missed tackle

RIPackerFan
The Jags are a tough team - in the AFC - we are holding our own.

While not as positive as last week - I think we are playing a better team.

I also didn't expect to be as positive as last week.

woodbuck27
08-23-2007, 08:08 PM

Backs? Backs ??. . .you mean running backs?

None of those in Green Bay. :)

Charles Woodson

http://ustream.tv/channel/moho'
its on national TV. Fox

Him8123
that would have been a nice pick

MTPackerfan

Thanks man, got it

Partial

Run outside?

That's what I suggested earlier. They should run some stretches because they have good blocking tight ends. They would be able to get some yards that way.

Brohm
08-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Nice shot on the QB..couldn't catch the number though

OS PA
luck there. We need to start rotating those lineman more.

Rastak
Man, Northcutt was open......

Charles Woodson
nice coverage on that last play

Him8123
nice stop D

esoxx
08-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Nice play by Bush.

Kampman was held.

Rastak
Very nice play by Bush....looks like neither QB can hit the long ball (not talking about this play)

Partial
Kampman is consistently getting pressure. Leftwich keeps stepping up, though. Here's hoping Kampy doesn't develop KGB syndrome.

Charles Woodson
lucky kick

Him8123
08-23-2007, 08:11 PM
got the 3 1/2 min. drill