PDA

View Full Version : Bashing Grossman!?

LEWCWA
08-23-2007, 06:47 PM
I guess, I just don't understand all the bashing this guy takes. Wasn't last season really his first as a full time starter? This guy, like many young talented QB's showed flashes of brilliance, but ultimatley was very inconsistant. Not unlike, our state treasure in his early days. Wasn't Brett so inconsistant that it was no sure thing that he was going to be resigned and many wanted to go with Brunell? I would say be carefull with the lashings, because if this kid finds any sort of consistancy he could be very good!

Bretsky
08-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Favre is no brain surgeon, but I just don't think this guy has the mental edge.
IMO he's not a winner. And he doesn't have the arm strength or talent Favre had at an early age.

Bear fans rail on him because they grossly overestimate every player on their roster and have to bash something for their failings.

Packer fans, we bash him because we hate Da Bears and have a couple Bear Trolls who keep rubbing our faces in their success. What else can we do :lol:

OS PA
08-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Umm.. something about three fumbles and one interception in the first twenty minutes of last weeks pre-season game, doesn't bode well for the guy.

esoxx
08-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Grossman scares me a lot more than Kyle Orton or Brian Griese. Let's just put it that way.

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Grossman scares me a lot more than Kyle Orton or Brian Griese. Let's just put it that way.

I'd agree with Orton. Not so sure about Griese. I think Griese has kind of gotten a bad rap--for being a decent QB. I've never been sold on Grossman. I think he could be good enough to win a Super Bowl with the talent around him, but I wouldn't bet on it. He played 2-3 years before last year, so it's not like he was a rookie (see Aaron Rodgers now compared to his rookie year). He had plenty of time to practice and learn the playbook. A big problem with Grossman is that he is short and fragile. He made it through last year healthy, but he's an injury waiting to happen.

esoxx
08-23-2007, 07:16 PM

I'd agree with Orton. Not so sure about Griese. I think Griese has kind of gotten a bad rap--for being a decent QB. I've never been sold on Grossman. I think he could be good enough to win a Super Bowl with the talent around him, but I wouldn't bet on it. He played 2-3 years before last year, so it's not like he was a rookie (see Aaron Rodgers now compared to his rookie year). He had plenty of time to practice and learn the playbook. A big problem with Grossman is that he is short and fragile. He made it through last year healthy, but he's an injury waiting to happen.

I agree Griese is better than Orton and is a decent QB. Grossman does have moxy and is talented. He is just too eratic right now. Does Dr Jekyl show up or Mr Hyde? As he gets more seasoned, he may settle down with less turnovers but still big plays. That is my fear.

I also agree he is somewhat fragile and doesn't have ideal size.

Scott Campbell
08-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I guess, I just don't understand all the bashing this guy takes.

What the hell are you talking about? We all LOVE Grossman! He's my favorite Bear.

:P

BEARMAN
08-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Ya all know it is illeagel to bait BEARS ! :evil:

But, if we must, ....

Compairing Rex to Bret is not fair at all, as I recall, it took Bret what 8 or 10 years to get to the SB? It took Rex ONE ! (the first two seasons don't count, he was hurt) As I recall Bret was almost traded in his 2nd or was it his 3rd year ? Rex is staying put. Yes Bret will most likly go to the HOF, it is way too soon to say that of Rex. The most important thing is, Bret is on his last go around, last season, Rex is just getting started, Da BEARS, with Rex at the helm, will dominate the pack for years to come ! Now that the shoe is on the other foot, ... I LIKE IT ! :twisted:

cpk1994
08-23-2007, 11:35 PM

But, if we must, ....

Compairing Rex to Bret is not fair at all, as I recall, it took Bret what 8 or 10 years to get to the SB? It took Rex ONE ! (the first two seasons don't count, he was hurt) As I recall Bret was almost traded in his 2nd or was it his 3rd year ? Rex is staying put. Yes Bret will most likly go to the HOF, it is way too soon to say that of Rex. The most important thing is, Bret is on his last go around, last season, Rex is just getting started, Da BEARS, with Rex at the helm, will dominate the pack for years to come ! Now that the shoe is on the other foot, ... I LIKE IT ! :twisted:

I see, making up the rules to fit your argument. Holmgren threatened to BENCH Favre, not trade him. Yes those seasons Rex didn't play count because he was expected to be the leader. Even going by your rules. It was the defense that got the Bears to the SB, Wrecks just managed not to screw up to much. You are an idiot of the highest order.

GrnBay007
08-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Now really!! Can you honestly say Wrex had all that much to do with them getting to the SB? Took Wrex one year.....omg.....that's actually funny!

Bretsky
08-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Now really!! Can you honestly say Wrex had all that much to do with them getting to the SB? Took Wrex one year.....omg.....that's actually funny!

LMAO AT THAT MUCK BEARMAN

THE BEARS GOT TO THE SB DESPITE GROSSMAN

FAVRE GREATLY HELPED GB WIN THE SUPERBOWL

Brohm
08-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Farve was traded in his second year for one of our firsts in 92, was third string in Atlanta. Won a SB in 96. 5 years from draft to hit SB/4 with GB. Definatelya HOFer.

BEARMAN
08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
WoW, did I touch a nerve ? :shock:
So, in your opinion, Rex didn't have anything to do with the first five wins last season ? *cough* BS ! :roll:
I am not attacking anyone personely here, true, I may be an idiot, but do I point out that your family tree has no branchs ? :doh: No, I do not.
Please, had nothing to do with Da BEARS going to the SB, now YOU must be sniffing glue, or that rotten cheese on your head. :bs:
NO other QB had the amount of preasure on him like Rex did and he still got us to the big game !

hoosier
08-24-2007, 11:23 AM
So, in your opinion, Rex didn't have anything to do with the first five wins last season ?

I don't think anyone is denying he had a role in some of the Bears early wins. The problem is, even when he's healthy he's predictably inconsistent, and when he's been bad (Arizona, Miami, Indy) it's very bad. In contrast, when Favre's has been bad he can sometimes still pull out wins. If you give me the choice between saying the Bears got to the SB because of Grossman and saying they got there despite Grossman, I think it's definitely closer to despite than because.

cpk1994
08-24-2007, 11:32 AM
So, in your opinion, Rex didn't have anything to do with the first five wins last season ?

I don't think anyone is denying he had a role in some of the Bears early wins. The problem is, even when he's healthy he's predictably inconsistent, and when he's been bad (Arizona, Miami, Indy) it's very bad. In contrast, when Favre's has been bad he can sometimes still pull out wins. If you give me the choice between saying the Bears got to the SB because of Grossman and saying they got there despite Grossman, I think it's definitely closer to despite than because.You forgot one game - GB when he had a 0 Passer Rating Also, the fans were chanting Griese in that game very loudly. Of course, BEARFAN's continues to make excuses for that game.

hoosier
08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
You forgot one game - GB when he had a 0 Passer Rating Also, the fans were chanting Griese in that game very loudly. Of course, BEARFAN's continues to make excuses for that game.

Nah, can't forget that one. Just figured if I left it out of the list it would stand out even more :wink:

packinpatland
08-24-2007, 11:41 AM

But, if we must, ....

"as I recall, it took Bret what 8 or 10 years to get to the SB? "

That's Mr. Brett to you.

Not that it matters, but Brett (with 2 t's) was drafted in 1991, the Packers won the SB in 1997. Do the math!!!!!

Rex was hurt........couldn't play. Never stopped Favre :wink:

MadtownPacker
08-24-2007, 11:55 AM
:bow: Nice PIPL! I bet bearman feels like his mom just sent him to his room. :doh:

MJZiggy
08-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Never mess with PIPL.. :lol: :lol:

Lurker64
08-24-2007, 12:24 PM
"as I recall, it took Bret what 8 or 10 years to get to the SB? "

That's Mr. Brett to you.

Not that it matters, but Brett (with 2 t's) was drafted in 1991, the Packers won the SB in 1997. Do the math!!!!!

Rex was hurt........couldn't play. Never stopped Favre :wink:

Not to mention the relative strength of the NFC as a conference comparing the early 90's to now. Back then, the NFC was loaded with talent and outclassed the AFC as surely as the AFC is loaded with talent and outclasses the NFC now. Back then you had to continually fight your way past juggernauts loaded for bear like Dallas, San Francisco, and Washington who combined 8 out of 9 superbowl victories from 1988 through 1996 (the year before the Packers victory.) Currently the NFC has lost 8 of the last 10 superbowls and realistically, any NFC team with a pulse has a shot at getting there these days, whereas good AFC teams regularly miss the playoffs due to the logjam near the top.

Favre was drafted in 1991, joined the Packers in the offseason following the 91-92 season, and the Packers ended their playoff drought in the 1993-94 season, where up until the 96-97 the Packers were eliminated by: Dallas (eventual champion), Dallas (lost a tight NFC championship to San Francisco the eventual Champion), Dallas (the eventual champion, in an NFC championship), and the Packers won the superbowl the following year.

So between Favre joining the Packers in 92, they made the playoffs three times before winning the superbowl in the 96-97 season, each time losing to the Cowboys team featuring Aikman-Smith-Irvin in their primes opposite a dominating Dallas defense, which both Packers fans and Bears fans can admit was a pretty damn good team at the time.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Yes Bret will most likly go to the HOF...........

Gee, do ya think? Way to go out on a limb Bearman.

............. it is way too soon to say that of Rex.

Too soon? TOO SOON???

LOL

The only way Rex ever gets into the HOF is by buying a ticket just like the rest of us. He won't get a bust - he is a bust.

Partial
08-24-2007, 03:56 PM
That's Gross, Man.

BEARMAN
08-24-2007, 05:01 PM
I am crushed, I am demoralized, I trod off to my room with my tail between my legs, .... You packer fans are so mean, ... :cry:

HA ! In your dreams, ...
Da BEARS dominance has just begun ! :twisted:
All you Rex haters will eat crow before it is over ! :eyes:

If Rex can't win it, the special teams will, and if they can't git-er-done then the "D" will do it ! It's a team effort boys, there is no cheese in team ! :shock:
The lovefest with lord farve is almost over, his final curtin call will come sooner then later ! :duel:
green an gold must giveway to the Blue an Orange ! :bclap:

Him8123
08-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Bearman, it only took Favre 5 years not 8 dumbass get it straight. It took Grossman 4 now going into his 5th. Only he has spent most of his career injured. And also it wasnt Grossman who got the Bears to the SB, it was defense and special teams who saved his ass. And if I remember correctly it was Grossman who threw the 2 int`s to lose the SB. Get your facts straight before you start blabbering your idiotic mouth asshole. oh and by the way.

http://maddox.xmission.com/yeah_d55.jpg

Him8123
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
you and your beloved Grossman have something in common your both fags who love the pole

LEWCWA
08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Now this is some intelligent banter! I was in no way trying to say Grossman is the next Farve, only that the kid has talent and if he gets more consistant he will turn into a nice player....and all you dipshits have to turn it into a Bears vs Packer thing. Obviously I root against the guy, but hell.

Him8123
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Well you did bring up a comparison of both. And as you well know, on a Packers site, that would cause a fire. Especially with the well less educated "Bearman" who keeps sticking his dipshit nose in here.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Now this is some intelligent banter! I was in no way trying to say Grossman is the next Favre, only that the kid has talent and if he gets more consistant he will turn into a nice player....and all you dipshits have to turn it into a Bears vs Packer thing. Obviously I root against the guy, but hell.

Talent? He had a passer rating of 0 in one game last year.

LEWCWA
08-25-2007, 12:12 AM
What was Farves in the St. Louis debacle? Anyhow I wasn't trying to compare Grossman and Favre, just pointing out that Favre was a bit erratic as well( to the point that there was discussion of going with Brunell instead). To compare the 2 is just stupid. One is on the short list of the best ever and the other is trying get consistent. If he does he will be a good QB, and he has shown flashes of considerable potential.

LEWCWA
08-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Just because it is a Packer board doesn't mean everyone has to be irrational about opposing players!

esoxx
08-25-2007, 09:43 AM
You must have missed my posts on this thread.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Just because it is a Packer board doesn't mean everyone has to be irrational about opposing players!

It's not irrational - it's traditional. It's like celebrating the 4th of July in my household. It approaches patriotic duty. And it's not all opposing players. Just that scum sucking team/city down south.

But Grossman really does suck.

packinpatland
08-25-2007, 10:25 AM
"green an gold must giveway to the Blue an Orange ! "

I just couldn't have alot of faith in a team that changes it's colors.

packinpatland
08-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Yes Bret will most likly go to the HOF...........

Gee, do ya think? Way to go out on a limb Bearman.

............. it is way too soon to say that of Rex.

Too soon? TOO SOON???

LOL

The only way Rex ever gets into the HOF is by buying a ticket just like the rest of us. He won't get a bust - he is a bust.

Too soon? TOO SOON???

Now do that in your best Jim Mora voice. :lol:

Him8123
08-26-2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:1726859/context/user:39810

Him8123
08-26-2007, 07:10 PM
http://0.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/3/4/collegehumor.94bb32d3d03e3dca686fe034566d6894.jpg

Him8123
08-26-2007, 07:11 PM
http://0.content.collegehumor.com/d1/ch6/3/4/collegehumor.94bb32d3d03e3dca686fe034566d6894.jpg

proof that Grossman is a bitch

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 09:34 PM
You wanna hear something funny? I went to Soldier Field last night with two Bears buddies (free tickets, half the stadium was empty), and when Greise and Orton came on the field in the third and fourth quarter, there were more cheers at those moments than any other during the entire game. I was laughing my ass off, and while wearing my Favre jersey made a comment to all those sitting near me that it's pathetic how much cheering there is for your 2nd and 3rd string QB, and reminding them that I've NEVER heard that at Lambeau the last 15 years. It was a couple of nice moments for me, pissing off some Bears fans.

Partial
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
I will probably get flamed for this but an inexperienced Rex Grossman kind of reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

People give Grossman wayyy more shit than he deserves. Let's not forget that our very own BF is rarely mediocre he is usually dynamite or terrible. Rex was much of the same last year.

I like the way he plays the game. He takes a lot of risks and plays to win.

Mazzin
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Can't beilve no one has pointed out.....ONLY 3 time, count it 3 time leauge M.V.P.

Grossman will never get ONE.

Wanna take that bet? I'm sure you don't.

Lurker64
08-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I will probably get flamed for this but an inexperienced Rex Grossman kind of reminds me of a young Brett Favre.

People give Grossman wayyy more shit than he deserves. Let's not forget that our very own BF is rarely mediocre he is usually dynamite or terrible. Rex was much of the same last year.

I'm not sure if it's my homerism making my memory selective, but the thing that Grossman does that Favre didn't do is make a lot of excuses. "I didn't play well because I was preoccupied with New Years Eve", "I kept fumbling because the field was wet", "I dropped the ball because I was nervous", etc.

Partial
08-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Can't beilve no one has pointed out.....ONLY 3 time, count it 3 time leauge M.V.P.

He never will is probably a true statement. He'll never be as good as Favre in his prime. But he can be a good player that plays the game in a very similiar way. I think he'll be an effective quarterback this year.

Partial
08-26-2007, 11:20 PM

I'm not sure if it's my homerism making my memory selective, but the thing that Grossman does that Favre didn't do is make a lot of excuses. "I didn't play well because I was preoccupied with New Years Eve", "I kept fumbling because the field was wet", "I dropped the ball because I was nervous", etc.

He's an idiot, don't get me wrong. He'll never be as good as Brett was, either.

But, he plays similiar with his balls out style. I kind of like him as a QB. Someday, he'll refine his skills and get comfortable enough with his game to be effective with his gunslinger attitude.

BEARMAN
08-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Bearman, it only took Favre 5 years not 8 dumbass get it straight. It took Grossman 4 now going into his 5th.; This is his fourth year, Get it streight!;
Only he has spent most of his career injured. And also it wasnt Grossman who got the Bears to the SB, it was defense and special teams who saved his ass. And if I remember correctly it was Grossman who threw the 2 int`s to lose the SB. Get your facts straight before you start blabbering your idiotic mouth asshole. : Potty mouth ? This will not get you on my xmass list !
oh and by the way.

http://maddox.xmission.com/yeah_d55.jpg ; Your I.Q. ?

cpk1994
08-27-2007, 06:49 AM

Of course Brett never made any excuses. Mike Sherman made them for him. :)

Zool
08-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Bearman, it only took Favre 5 years not 8 dumbass get it straight. It took Grossman 4 now going into his 5th.; This is his fourth year, Get it streight!;
Only he has spent most of his career injured. And also it wasnt Grossman who got the Bears to the SB, it was defense and special teams who saved his ass. And if I remember correctly it was Grossman who threw the 2 int`s to lose the SB. Get your facts straight before you start blabbering your idiotic mouth asshole. : Potty mouth ? This will not get you on my xmass list !
oh and by the way.

http://maddox.xmission.com/yeah_d55.jpg ; Your I.Q. ?
Is it 11 or 2?

Him8123
08-27-2007, 03:15 PM
its 1 1/2 tool

The Leaper
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Grossman can be effective...especially when combined with the Bear defense. He didn't have much experience coming into last year...and I expect him to take some kind of step forward this year. How much of a step forward will determine how far the Bears go in 2007.

Zool
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
its 1 1/2 tool

So its in inches then?

Him8123
08-27-2007, 03:56 PM
cant get nothing by you tool

4and12to12and4
08-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, for all you on this site that are trying to be civil to "bearman", save it. If he wants to come onto this site and start shit, I say we give it to him. If thats what he gets off on, so be it. He suddenly disappears when things go bad, such as when we kicked the Bears ass last year, and after the Superbowl through most of the offseason until about a few weeks ago.

I actually went onto the Bears chat forum and started shit for a while, but just didn't get a thrill out of invading their happy place. I just felt out of place, and realized I was wasting my breath as it simply made the Bears fans clan together even more against me, so I dropped out of there.

Rastak at least is civil to the point that we joke that he's a closet Packer's fan. He knows how to be on this site and not piss people off.

So, for those here who want to be civil to this prick who comes here just to get off on starting shit, that's your perogotive. I, however, choose to take the road traveled by "Him" and tell "Bearman" to go **** himself and his stupid banter here, and get his ass back on the Bears forums.

Bearman, I appreciate you're devotion to you're team and it's shitty QB, but do yourself a favor and stay the hell off this site. You're every post sickens me, and you can kiss my ass.

Scott Campbell
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I think Bearman cleaned up his act to be here. And I'll admit he spews a nauseating amount of rhetoric. But he contributes sometimes, and is moderately respectful.

I think he's harmless. And he obviously likes being around Packer fans. Well, outside of after crippling losses to the Packers, or in the Superbowl. I guess I can't blame him. I don't like people to see me crying either.

BEARMAN
08-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Thank you Scott (I think?). I have "cleaned-up" my act, kindasorta. I poke fun at you all, and you poke fun at us, isn't that what it's all about? I do not make personel attacks,(as some in here do to me). As Scott pointed out, at times I accualy have something relivent to say, not often, but some times. The bantering and the rivalry is what is fun. "IF" one of you Mods think I am stepping over the line, just say so before you ban me.
Mr. 4/12&12/4, You sir are an arse. You come to the BEARS sites and cause all kinds of trouble. You know little about football and alot about stirring the pot. Your infamitor remarks are geared to set people off and play into your adilesent games. Like it or not, you have to be "sickened" all season, 'cause I am staying right here ! :twisted:

Go BEARS Go ! :wave:

Scott Campbell
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Thank you Scott (I think?).

Your a Bear fan. The best you can ever expect to get from me is a backhanded compliment.

]{ilr]3
08-27-2007, 08:53 PM
I think Bearman cleaned up his act to be here. And I'll admit he spews a nauseating amount of rhetoric. But he contributes sometimes, and is moderately respectful.

I think he's harmless. And he obviously likes being around Packer fans. Well, outside of after crippling losses to the Packers, or in the Superbowl. I guess I can't blame him. I don't like people to see me crying either.

Sorry, but i dissagree! He is nothing but a classless troll. What is a Troll? (http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp)

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While he tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of other forum members to provide evidence that what forum is all about is legitimate science.

I have seen turds like this destroy other Packers Forums because the mods tolerate this crap.

This Forum says Green and Gold Talk, not trash talk or anything of the sort. There should be a Trash Forum if your looking to host turds like this. I feel the same way about any Packers fan who posts on a Bears/Vikings forums. Although from what I have seen anything that is commonly accpeted here is an instant ban on thier forums even in the Trash Talk section.

Him8123
08-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Im sticking with 4and12 and say we Packer fans need to defend noone but our own. Anyone else is a tool.

GrnBay007
08-27-2007, 10:41 PM
An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him.

So then I guess we have a few Packer Trolls on our Packer forum as well. I've seen Packer fans be more disrespectful to other Packer fans that don't share their view on players or the GM then the two bear fans that post here.

GBRulz
08-27-2007, 10:58 PM

Well, I've always thought that Wrex deserved the SB MVP more so than Manning! Guess that doesn't count though :wink:

GBRulz
08-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Wrex would injure himself just trying to carry Brett's jockstrap.

Bretsky
08-27-2007, 11:36 PM
An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him.

So then I guess we have a few Packer Trolls on our Packer forum as well. I've seen Packer fans be more disrespectful to other Packer fans that don't share their view on players or the GM then the two bear fans that post here.

we argue about the GM ?? :?:

Bretsky
08-27-2007, 11:40 PM
{ilr]3]

Sorry, but i dissagree! He is nothing but a classless troll. What is a Troll? (http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp)

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a skeptic. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While he tries to present himself as a skeptic looking for truth ... his messages usually sound as if it is the responsibility of other forum members to provide evidence that what forum is all about is legitimate science.

I have seen turds like this destroy other Packers Forums because the mods tolerate this crap.

This Forum says Green and Gold Talk, not trash talk or anything of the sort. There should be a Trash Forum if your looking to host turds like this. I feel the same way about any Packers fan who posts on a Bears/Vikings forums. Although from what I have seen anything that is commonly accpeted here is an instant ban on thier forums even in the Trash Talk section.

These guys behave alright, in general, in here. They've been warned that they cannot behave like they did at an old stomping ground (JS) and they have agreed to not do that.

They get just as much or more as they give out. There is no reason for anybody to be personally mean to each other in here and I don't think they are doing that. They take plenty and they give some as well. And you can bet they both know that the mods will step in way way before they've ruined this forum.

Cheers,
B

Bossman641
08-27-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't really have a problem with Bearman or DaBaddestBear. DBB actually posts some actual football talk once in a while. Bearman basically just comes to talk trash but he has at least gotten a little better about that.

Yea it's annoying when they talk it up and then go running off and hide, but what are you gonna do about it. It's what all Bear fans do.

retailguy
08-28-2007, 01:53 AM

Quoted for Truth.

Zool
08-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Quoted for Truth.
Re quoted in case someone wasn't looking.

]{ilr]3
08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I was not trying to slam the mods with my post. I think you guys do a great job over all. As a matter of fact thats why i came here because you guys do a such a great job. I am just offering my input on how to keep it that way.

If there are Packer fans that post this manor then i think they too should pay the price the same as any other troll.

SkinBasket
08-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Bearman, I appreciate you're devotion to you're team and it's shitty QB, but do yourself a favor and stay the hell off this site. You're every post sickens me, and you can kiss my ass.

Don't tell other people not to post here. It's very poor forum etiquette (or edikwet as Bearman would say), and unless it's your site, you have no right, standing, or justification to do so. If you don't like what he posts, prove him wrong, or don't read it. Either option is rather easy in this case.

retailguy
08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
{ilr]3]I was not trying to slam the mods with my post. I think you guys do a great job over all. As a matter of fact thats why i came here because you guys do a such a great job. I am just offering my input on how to keep it that way.

If there are Packer fans that post this manor then i think they too should pay the price the same as any other troll.

Here's the reality. If Bearman, or anyone else for that matter steps out of line, they're gone with the click of a checkbox. It's that simple.

We don't do that often. Why? Because we don't need to do that.

People have thoughts and opinions, that's what it is all about. Let them express those thoughts and opinions.

If they become trouble then we'll look at it, but if not, then why bother?

As to criticizing me, you'll have to get in line because Scott Campbell seems to have exclusive rights to that role, but for the rest of the mods I couldn't stick up for a better group of people. They work hard, and bend over backwards to be more than fair to people.

Any criticism doesn't bug me, keep on criticizing, but you'll have a tough time arguing with the camp that would say if you're happy with our work, you wouldn't be talking about it in the first place. :wink:

oregonpackfan
08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
{ilr]3]I was not trying to slam the mods with my post. I think you guys do a great job over all. As a matter of fact thats why i came here because you guys do a such a great job. I am just offering my input on how to keep it that way.

Here's the reality. If Bearman, or anyone else for that matter steps out of line, they're gone with the click of a checkbox. It's that simple.

We don't do that often. Why? Because we don't need to do that.

People have thoughts and opinions, that's what it is all about. Let them express those thoughts and opinions.

If they become trouble then we'll look at it, but if not, then why bother?

As to criticizing me, you'll have to get in line because Scott Campbell seems to have exclusive rights to that role, but for the rest of the mods I couldn't stick up for a better group of people. They work hard, and bend over backwards to be more than fair to people.

Any criticism doesn't bug me, keep on criticizing, but you'll have a tough time arguing with the camp that would say if you're happy with our work, you wouldn't be talking about it in the first place. :wink:

Well stated, Retailguy.

Put me down as one poster who appreciates the special effort you and the other moderators do for this forum.

As we are all human, we will not have the same opinions of others but we need to respect the rights to opinions differing from our own.

MadtownPacker
08-28-2007, 11:57 AM

If there are Packer fans that post this manor then i think they too should pay the price the same as any other troll.No I think you are on the right track. The mods do suck. :lol:

But about the bear fans...

For every positive there is a negative, for every ying there's a yang, for every hero there has to be a villain. Well bearman and DBB are the villains. They are like the TOKEN bears fans!! They live up to our expectations of bear fans.

I would be a liar if I said I haven't busted out laughing from some of bearman's ridiculous comments.

Zool
08-28-2007, 12:24 PM

If there are Packer fans that post this manor then i think they too should pay the price the same as any other troll.No I think you are on the right track. The mods do suck. :lol:

But about the bear fans...

For every positive there is a negative, for every ying there's a yang, for every hero there has to be a villain. Well bearman and DBB are the villains. They are like the TOKEN bears fans!! They live up to our expectations of bear fans.

I would be a liar if I said I haven't busted out laughing from some of bearman's ridiculous comments.

Agreed. Some of us like having a whipping post around now and then. I'd rather take it out on a Bear fan than a Packer fan.

Plus, if we get the added bonus of a W in Chi-Town this year, think of the abuse.

Start the bets now.

Retail put it very well. The TBB and Bearman are pretty decent guys, and they dont get to crazy except for Packer/Bear week. Hell if my team hadn't sniffed the Superbowl in 21 years, I woulda been ruffling some feathers too.

4and12to12and4
08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Thank you Scott (I think?). I have "cleaned-up" my act, kindasorta. I poke fun at you all, and you poke fun at us, isn't that what it's all about? I do not make personel attacks,(as some in here do to me). As Scott pointed out, at times I accualy have something relivent to say, not often, but some times. The bantering and the rivalry is what is fun. "IF" one of you Mods think I am stepping over the line, just say so before you ban me.

Mr. 4/12&12/4, You sir are an arse. You come to the BEARS sites and cause all kinds of trouble. You know little about football and alot about stirring the pot. Your infamitor remarks are geared to set people off and play into your adilesent games. Like it or not, you have to be "sickened" all season, 'cause I am staying right here ! :twisted:

Go BEARS Go ! :wave:

See, this is why I have a problem with you. I guarantee my knowledge of my team and your team is superior to yours. I follow both teams on a daily basis, and I played football through highschool and a bit in college. So, for you to say i "know little about football" is the exact kind of remark that makes me dislike you and you're posting here. As far as you're knowledge of me causing trouble on the Bears site is simple BS banter, you don't even know my screen name over there and I haven't posted there for a long time. I don't use my same screen name over there, so it would be impossible for you to even know what I have said on that site. So, once again, you're the one judging and spewting BS irrelevant crap on this site. I have no problem with "thebaddestbear", he's much more civil and doesn't post things just to stir things up just as you accused me of.

I've posted enough here, that the moderaters know I'm usually a peaceful guy who just wants to talk Packer football. I just don't want to have to read your biased crap saying how great you're team is, and how crappy our team is. That in itself shows your ignorance of the current status of the NFL and our two teams. We have obviously closed the gap defensively with you guys to the point that many would say that we are superior in many positions. You say we have weak corners. That is laughable. Woodson is one of the best shutdown corners in the league and had 8 picks last year. Harris has been one of the top ten CB's in the league the last 6 to 7 years. We obviously have an edge in that category, and if you knew anything about the depth and individual players we have on our d-line would have to at least make you admit we are as good if not better than the Bears at this position. I am a realist, and agree that Urlacher is the best of all the backers on both teams, but Hawk isn't far behind, and has the tools to become just as good. This is only his second year in the NFL and if you compare his tackles, sacks, and interceptions to Urlacher last year, they are very close, which shows how good Hawk is considering he's not a middle backer. And I also at least agree that you're safeties are better than ours, I've never read a positive thing from your posts regarding our team.
So, I'll read your posts, but when provoked expect to get shit on in return, if that turns you on, so be it. Go Pack.

So, I'm not asking you to leave this site, I'm just asking you to tone it down a little and give credit where credit is due. I'm tired of reading how you guys are gonna dominate us for years to come. That is homerism, but ignorant writing. You have no idea how good our defense is coming along, and it's very possible we will have a top 5 defense this year, if our offense can stay on the field and give them rest during the game. I don't hate you Bearman, I would just like you to post less provoking posts, otherwise, be ready to deal with the wrath that guys like me and "Him" will be slinging at you. It's you're choice.

Just promise me that come win or lose, you'll still post here and take your lumps when bad things happen to your team, otherwise you're just a coward who comes here to talk shit when all goes right for DaBears.

BEARMAN
08-29-2007, 09:24 PM
That is a promise for sure ! 8-)
Win, Loose, Draw, I will come in here and glote some, eat crow or say WoW, what a game.
Slinging the BS in here is fun, but I will Never attack anyone personely ! That is a promise !
"IF" the bantering gets carried away, I would hope a Mod would put a lid on it asap.
"IF: Da BEARS are doing well this season you can bet I will come let you all know about it.
"IF" the pack is doing poorly you can bet I will be in here letting you all know what is going wrong.

Why we have to rehash this subject every year is beyond me, but I would like to take this time to thank all the mods in here for their fair play !

Oh yea, Da BEARS rule ! :twisted:

4and12to12and4
08-29-2007, 09:33 PM
That is a promise for sure ! 8-)
Win, Loose, Draw, I will come in here and glote some, eat crow or say WoW, what a game.
Slinging the BS in here is fun, but I will Never attack anyone personely ! That is a promise !
"IF" the bantering gets carried away, I would hope a Mod would put a lid on it asap.
"IF: Da BEARS are doing well this season you can bet I will come let you all know about it.
"IF" the pack is doing poorly you can bet I will be in here letting you all know what is going wrong.

Why we have to rehash this subject every year is beyond me, but I would like to take this time to thank all the mods in here for their fair play !

Oh yea, Da BEARS rule ! :twisted:

Ok, Bearman, I'm willing to call a truce with you, if you're interested, just don't disappear if the Chargers kick you guy's ass. All I ask of you is if you can give it, then be willing to take it to. I said before, I respect you're devotion to your team, but noone here wants to hear positive shit about the Bears, but it's cool as long as you don't provoke and come off as an asshole.

4and12to12and4
08-29-2007, 09:36 PM
By the way, wouldn't you be having more fun just chatting with fellow Bears fans at the Bears forums? What inspires you to come in here and talk to us Packer fans anyways? You know you got no love here, so what good comes from it?

Bretsky
08-29-2007, 09:37 PM
By the way, wouldn't you be having more fun just chatting with fellow Bears fans at the Bears forums? What inspires you to come in here and talk to us Packer fans anyways? You know you got no love here, so what good comes from it?

Don't overlook the obvious

There is no intelligence to be found in Da Bear Forums :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-29-2007, 09:45 PM

Exclusive??? ROFL

I agree with the rest 100%.

BEARMAN
08-29-2007, 09:52 PM
LOL, ... oouucchy. To be honest with you I have more fun over here. I am a homer just like you all are, I luv Da BEARS just as much as you all luv the, .. the, ... oh ya, Packers. Believe me I drink Kool-aid too, but sometimes it is nice to see what the enemy is saying about you. Some one once said, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. Besides, I garner great enjoyment out of poking fun at you alls pack. Why do you come to Da BEARS forums? I see you over there alot. It's all water under the bridge, let's just enjoy a new season full of hope and possabilities. As long as we are letting it all out, why do you all make so much of a game that ment nothing to Da BEARS ? It was last year, get over it allready. :roll:

Scott Campbell
08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
As long as we are letting it all out, why do you all make so much of a game that ment nothing to Da BEARS ?

Are you talking about the Superbowl?

I thought the Bears played it like the game meant nothing to them.

Iron Mike
08-29-2007, 11:09 PM
As long as we are letting it all out, why do you all make so much of a game that ment nothing to Da BEARS ?

Are you talking about the Superbowl?

I thought the Bears played it like the game meant nothing to them.

At least one Bear did. :P

http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/i/msnbc/Components/Art/SPORTS/070205/AP_SB_PLAY_OF_GAME.gif

BEARMAN
08-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I still say he stepped out of bounds ! His heal touched the sideline ! :evil:

oregonpackfan
08-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Bearman lives in Walla Walla, WA, right next to the Blue Mountains.

Perhaps we Packer fans could take up a collection and pay the local Game Warden to shoot Bearman in the butt with a tranquilizing dart.

When Bearman falls asleep, the Warden can put him in a cage, ship him to Chicago, and open his cage door when he wakes up! :)

packinpatland
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM

Perhaps we Packer fans could take up a collection and pay the local Game Warden to shoot Bearman in the butt with a tranquilizing dart.

When Bearman falls asleep, the Warden can put him in a cage, ship him to Chicago, and open his cage door when he wakes up! :)

Too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OP, I've been foolishly thinking all along that you're a nice guy!!!! :lol:

BEARMAN
08-31-2007, 07:31 PM

You would do that for me? :hrt:
I'm getting that warm fuzzy feeling again, ... :alc:
When the enemy starts treating you like a freind, what ya supose to do ? :oops:

Wait a minute, ... shoot me in the butt, .... put me in a cage, ...you aint my friend ! :evil:

oregonpackfan
08-31-2007, 09:16 PM

Wait a minute, ... shoot me in the butt, .... put me in a cage, ...you aint my friend ! :evil:

You know, shooting a Bears fan in the butt with a tranquilizer gun just might be unethical.

I would hate to see the dart cause irreparable brain damage! :)

packinpatland
08-31-2007, 10:02 PM

You know, shooting a Bears fan in the butt with a tranquilizer gun just might be unethical.

I would hate to see the dart cause irreparable brain damage! :)

When you're on a roll, you're on a roll!! Good one. :lol:

MadtownPacker
08-31-2007, 10:07 PM
I would hate to see the dart cause irreparable brain damage! :)Hahaha, got em there you ole skool player!!! :lol: :lol:

You need to teach some of these youngsters how to have a good time!