DE - DeVon Hicks
DB - Tramon Williams
FB - Ryan Powdrell
OL - CJ Blomvall
WR - Chris Francies
RB - PJ Pope(Injury Settlement?)

Maybe:
LB - Abdul Hodge
LB - Rory Johnson(had high hopes for this guy)

Carolina_Packer
08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Link for your avatar please? Wowser!

I don't think Hodge, Rory, or Pope for this cut. I think they have to give the two linebackers some more reps to help build depth for LB. Same with Pope, unless they trade for someone, then he's probably gone. I guess it depends on his injury status.

Do you think Hodge could be put on IR?

Brohm
08-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Hodge hasn't done well this preseason. If he get's cut because of his knees, I'd say someone in the medical department hadn't done their due diligence.

MJZiggy
08-24-2007, 10:14 AM
I thought Blomval, coming from Europe, automatically went on the PS...and I don't know if Tramon gets cut either...isn't Pope on the PUP? (Pope on the PUP has an odd ring to it....)

woodbuck27
08-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Who will they be? Here are my guesses:

P - Ryan Dougherty
WR - Carlton Brewster
WR - Calvin Russell
S - Alvin Nnabuite
DB - Antonio Malone
OL - Pat Murray
DE - DeVon Hicks
DB - Tramon Williams
FB - Ryan Powdrell
OL - CJ Blomvall
WR - Chris Francies

Maybe:
LB - Abdul Hodge

Comment:

Both C. Brewster and A. Hodge have actually shown me something in the Pre-Season games.

I don't see either cut just yet.

Certainly we are concerned about DD today and that may play to Carlton Brewster's advantage. He hasn't looked too bad on kick returns. Right?

Abdul Hodge has served us very well the last two games in a back-up role just given the stat's.

GO PACKERS !!

Spaulding
08-24-2007, 02:53 PM

P - Ryan Dougherty
WR - Carlton Brewster
WR - Calvin Russell
S - Alvin Nnabuite
DB - Antonio Malone
OL - Pat Murray
DE - DeVon Hicks
DB - Tramon Williams
FB - Ryan Powdrell
OL - CJ Blomvall
WR - Chris Francies

Maybe:
LB - Abdul Hodge

Comment:

Both C. Brewster and A. Hodge have actually shown me something in the Pre-Season games.

Certainly we are concerned about DD today and that may play to Carlton Brewster's advantage. He hasn't looked too bad on kick returns. Right?

Abdul Hodge has served us very well the last two games in a back-up role just given the stat's.

GO PACKERS !!

Are you watching the same games I have with regard to your statement on Hodge? Bishop has looked quite a bit better and since both are pretty much only suited for mike there is a very high chance Hodge gets cut even as a 3rd rounder last year.

woodbuck27
08-24-2007, 03:02 PM

P - Ryan Dougherty
WR - Carlton Brewster
WR - Calvin Russell
S - Alvin Nnabuite
DB - Antonio Malone
OL - Pat Murray
DE - DeVon Hicks
DB - Tramon Williams
FB - Ryan Powdrell
OL - CJ Blomvall
WR - Chris Francies

Maybe:
LB - Abdul Hodge

Comment:

GO PACKERS !!

Are you watching the same games I have with regard to your statement on Hodge? Bishop has looked quite a bit better and since both are pretty much only suited for mike there is a very high chance Hodge gets cut even as a 3rd rounder last year.

Zool
08-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Hodge:

Pitt
1 tkl

Seattle
7 tkl 1 sack

Jacksonville
1 tkl

Rastak
08-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Hodge:

Pitt
1 tkl

Seattle
7 tkl 1 sack

Jacksonville
1 tkl

I guess he's due next game.....

BallHawk
08-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Ted is having a weekly press conference. Will he announce the cut players at the conference or will that be made public later?

woodbuck27
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Hodge:

Pitt
1 tkl

Seattle
7 tkl 1 sack

Jacksonville
1 tkl

Jacksonville
1 tkl

places A. Hodge in the category as the following in last nights game.

A. Hodge 1-0 0.0 0 0

R. Johnson 1-0 0.0 0 0
M. Manuel 1-0 0.0 0 0
D. Muir 1-0 0.0 0 0

A. Rouse 1-0 0.0 0 0
F. Walker 1-0 0.0 0 0
T. Williams 1-0 0.0 0 0
L. Birdine 0-0 0.0 0 0
K. Hall 0-0 0.0 0 0
C. Harris 0-0 0.0 0 0
C. Jenkins 0-0 0.0 0 0
A. Kampman 0-1 0.0 0 0
T. White 0-1 0.0 0 0
C. Williams 0-0 0.0 0 0
C. Woodson 0-1 0.0 0 0

He had a great Statistical game Vs. Seattle.

Maybe next game he's really back on. :)

He deserves another game.

vince
08-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Packers Release Eleven Players
posted 08/24/2007

The Green Bay Packers released 11 players Friday. The transactions were announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

Released Friday were center C.J. Blomvall, wide receiver Carlton Brewster, fullback Erryn Cobb, punter Ryan Dougherty, defensive end DeVon Hicks, cornerback Antonio Malone, quarterback Ingle Martin, guard Pat Murray, running back P.J. Pope, linebacker Juwan Simpson and tight end Joe Werner.

OS PA
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/08/24/1/

Released Friday were center C.J. Blomvall, wide receiver Carlton Brewster, fullback Erryn Cobb, punter Ryan Dougherty, defensive end DeVon Hicks, cornerback Antonio Malone, quarterback Ingle Martin, guard Pat Murray, running back P.J. Pope, linebacker Juwan Simpson and tight end Joe Werner.

Center - C.J. Blomvall
WR - Carlton Brewster
FB - Erryn Cobb
P - Ryan Dougherty
DE - Devon Hicks
CB - Antonio Malone
QB - Ingle Martin
G - Pat Murray
RB - PJ Pope
LB - Juwan Simpson
TE - Joe Werner

GBRulz
08-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Thought that Thompson would for sure be cut. Or at least wishful thinking. I'd much rather go with 2 QB's and Holiday as the emergency #3

Partial
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Thought that Thompson would for sure be cut. Or at least wishful thinking. I'd much rather go with 2 QB's and Holiday as the emergency #3

They are probably going to give him another chance and cut him on the final cutdown. Keep in mind they have like what 20 more cuts to make? I think they're at 75 now and have to go to 52

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2007, 04:25 PM

I agree with the end result you want, but Thompson has some ability. If they let him go now, it would be less likely that they could get him on their practice squad.

Actually, I like Thompson's potential enough that I wouldn't be too bothered if they kept him as the third string QB. In a way, the emergency QB is a bonus active roster spot on gameday.

If Sherm can keep two punters, TT can stash a QB with potential on the roster.

Fritz
08-24-2007, 04:26 PM
The guy could be practice squad material.

No surprises. I did kind of like "DIngleberry" Martin, just cuz of the name, though.

woodbuck27
08-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Packers Release Eleven Players
posted 08/24/2007

The Green Bay Packers released 11 players Friday. The transactions were announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

Feel bad for C. Brewster but the rest. . .nawwww.

CaliforniaCheez
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Ingle Martin (talk about invisible) was selected with picks obtained trade for the original received from Javon Walker trade.

There still is Colledge, Blackmon, Jolly, and Culver(this week) from that trade.

Though some may not agree I think Blomvall might get a practice squad spot.

Next week I think the culutative injury situation to Hodge puts him on the IR. I don't think they will give up on him yet.

Merlin
08-24-2007, 08:31 PM
They may very well cut Thompson but they may also sign him to the practice squad as well. McCarthy said he was going to keep the best 53 players regardless of position. I wonder then why Manual is even on the team anymore?