PDA

View Full Version : Driver injury?

BlueBrewer
08-24-2007, 10:53 AM
Just wondering if there are any updates on Driver's foot?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I was scanning other forums to find out any extra information that I could and I this guy named Arrigo said that he was running after the game. I have no idea were he got his information from, but I hope he's right.

Here's the link.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156108&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Rastak
08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
I was scanning other forums to find out any extra information that I could and I this guy named Arrigo said that he was running after the game. I have no idea were he got his information from, but I hope he's right.

Here's the link.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=156108&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

What was chasing him?

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I'd feel better--if this hadn't appeared in your post.

Arrigo

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
That Driver was running lol

BlueBrewer
08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
That is good news, but Arrigo's sources have been terrible in the past, hope he's right here.

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
If the Packers didn't know the extent of the injury until they get the MRI today, why the hell would Driver be running? Gotta love Joe Arrigo.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM

Arrigo

I have no idea who this guy is or were he got his infoo from, I just thought I would post it.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2007, 11:24 AM
that's ok, gossip is always welcome here.

"running" :lol: why did that pussy need a cart to get off the field?

Packnut
08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
MRI being done today. I doubt we get the results until late this afternoon.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2007, 11:29 AM
that's ok, gossip is always welcome here.

"running" :lol: why did that pussy need a cart to get off the field?

It does sound made up because even if Driver could run after the game why would they let him risk further injuring himself.

cpk1994
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM

Arrigo

I have no idea who this guy is or were he got his infoo from, I just thought I would post it.Arrigo is infamous around these parts for posting insider information that always seems to end up false.

Rastak
08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Maybe he had to ice his foot after he ran by Arrigo.....

Donald Driver, Green Bay's Pro Bowl wide receiver, likely will miss the Packers' final preseason game with a sprained right foot. Driver sustained the injury late in the second quarter of Green Bay's 21-13 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday night.
"It's classified as a foot sprain," said Packers coach Mike McCarthy afterward. "He's in good spirits. We'll have more information tomorrow..."

Driver was injured as he was tackled by safety Sammy Knight after catching a pass over the middle and breaking a tackle for a 12-yard gain. Driver was helped off the field and carted to the locker room.

McCarthy said he spoke briefly with Driver, whose foot was covered with a bag of ice, after the game, and Driver said he "felt pretty good."
Driver finished the game with three catches for 27 yards.

"If he is out, if his injury is serious, definitely the guys got to step up and we're going to be a good football team," said wide receiver James Jones, who led the Packers with six catches for 80 yards. "I'm thinking Driver is going to be all right, sprained ankle or whatnot, and he'll be back. Maybe

woodbuck27
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070824/PKR0201/708240693/1947

Posted August 24, 2007

Driver's injury is only a scare

By Tom Pelissero
tpelisse@greenbaypressgazette.com

The scariest moment in an injury-filled month for the Green Bay Packers came late in the second quarter Thursday night, when an ankle tackle put Pro Bowl receiver Donald Driver on a cart to the locker room.

Driver sprained his right foot on the play. Coach Mike McCarthy said the ninth-year pro was in good spirits after the game. Driver was to undergo further tests today to determine the severity of the injury, but McCarthy said indications were it's not serious.

Quarterback Brett Favre had left the game before Driver slipped a Terry Cousin tackle and was wrapped up low by Jaguars safety Sammy Knight near the Packers sideline with a little less than 3 minutes to play in the first half. Driver stayed on the ground briefly, then hopped to the sideline and rode into the locker room.

"It's natural to say, 'Geez, I wish I'd have took him out with Brett.' And I did, to myself, and now I'm saying it here in front of a microphone," McCarthy said. "That's part of the game. It's unfortunate. Hopefully, it's not serious."

Driver was not available to reporters after the game.

McCarthy said all week he wouldn't play his starters the customary three quarters in the team's third preseason game, in part to avoid injuries.

Driver was injured on what probably would have been his final series.

The starting offense also lost right guard Jason Spitz, who left after only one drive because of a recurring calf problem. McCarthy said he removed Spitz as soon as the second-year pro reported a problem.

In other news RE: Injury:

Montgomery has scope

Defensive end Michael Montgomery is expected to miss four to six weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery Wednesday on his injured right knee.

Montgomery was one of four players to sustain medial collateral ligament injuries against Seattle. His was believed to be the worst, but the scope showed the injury isn't as serious as feared, McCarthy said.

Another reserve end, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, was the most notable among 11 Packers who didn't dress for Thursday's game. He didn't practice this week and is nursing a bruised knee.

McCarthy said Gbaja-Biamila likely will sit out next week against Tennessee as a precaution, as well.

BEARMAN
08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Is it season ending ? :taunt:

Freak Out
08-24-2007, 05:12 PM

Keep dreaming Huggy....he'll be hauling in plenty of TDs on October 7th just for your viewing pleasure.

BallHawk
08-24-2007, 05:14 PM

Donald Driver hurting his foot is not season-ending.

However, having Rexy as your starting QB could qualify as season ending. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Packers 'dodged one' with Driver's injury
By Bob McGinn

Wide receiver Donald Driver's foot injury doesn't appear to be serious and he is expected to play for the Green Bay Packers Sept. 9 in their regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

"That's what we think will probably happen," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said today. "Pat (team physician Patrick McKenzie) thinks we dodged one. He said everything looks good. We'll do some additional scans just to make certain."

Driver, the team's best player the last two seasons, suffered a right foot sprain late in the second quarter last night in the Packers' 21-13 loss to Jacksonville at Lambeau Field.

He was driven from the field on a motorized cart and was unavailable to reporters after the game and today.

If this is true, I feel a lot better about last night's game.

BallHawk
08-24-2007, 05:17 PM
By Bob McGinn

Wide receiver Donald Driver's foot injury doesn't appear to be serious and he is expected to play for the Green Bay Packers Sept. 9 in their regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

"That's what we think will probably happen," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said today. "Pat (team physician Patrick McKenzie) thinks we dodged one. He said everything looks good. We'll do some additional scans just to make certain."

Driver, the team's best player the last two seasons, suffered a right foot sprain late in the second quarter last night in the Packers' 21-13 loss to Jacksonville at Lambeau Field.

He was driven from the field on a motorized cart and was unavailable to reporters after the game and today.

Definitely. For the rest of the game I couldn't enjoy a single thing, I was too damn worried.

Joemailman
08-24-2007, 05:25 PM

Donald Driver's foot is healthier than Rex Grossman's brain. :pack: :cow: :pack:

RashanGary
08-24-2007, 05:35 PM

:five:

RashanGary
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't be too disappointed if he's out for two weeks. The young guys would be forced to step forward and then when Driver gets back it would be like a bonus probowler.

Bretsky
08-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Would be nice to have him back for Phily; I still think that game is very key if GB is to be successful this year. They match up well against the Giants. If they beat Phily a 2-0 start before the chargers would be huge.

Dammit I need to stop; I'll now PUT THE KOOL AIDE glass down :lol:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
By Bob McGinn

:wave:

BallHawk
08-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Would be nice to have him back for Phily; I still think that game is very key if GB is to be successful this year. They match up well against the Giants. If they beat Phily a 2-0 start before the chargers would be huge.

Don't stop drinking, B. You know you want to. It tastes good, doesn't it?

Freak Out
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM

I think we need to do away with the whole Kool Aide thing and start experimenting until we come up with the official "Green Bay Packers Ultimate Optimist Cocktail" or something to that effect. I'll be starting soon, you Central and East Coasters should be way ahead of me by the time I get home today. :lol:

Bretsky
08-24-2007, 10:04 PM

Tastes alright, but I'm suffering from some split personality disorder as I keep hearing conflicting voices in my head :lol:

Partial
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM

I think we need to do away with the whole Kool Aide thing and start experimenting until we come up with the official "Green Bay Packers Ultimate Optimist Cocktail" or something to that effect. I'll be starting soon, you Central and East Coasters should be way ahead of me by the time I get home today. :lol:

Vodka tonic w/ a twist of lime?

Iron Mike
08-24-2007, 10:28 PM

My vote: mojito (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RFxGn6C6ak)

Joemailman
08-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Or we could call the optimists Blitz drinkers

http://www.packerpalace.com/palace05/beerbarrelgirls.jpg

Iron Mike
08-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Looks like someone's been visiting the Rockwood Lodge!! :wink:

the_idle_threat
08-24-2007, 10:43 PM

Arrigo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree ...

the_idle_threat
08-24-2007, 10:45 PM

They ran the tests and it turns out it's an elbow injury after all.

Source: Some guy called "Arrigo"

Partial
08-24-2007, 10:56 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

swede
08-24-2007, 11:15 PM

Classic!

wutwlol

(Woke up the wife laughing out loud)

the_idle_threat
08-24-2007, 11:30 PM
My apologies to the wife. :D

MJZiggy
08-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Tastes alright, but I'm suffering from some split personality disorder as I keep hearing conflicting voices in my head :lol:

Come to the light side, B. You know you want to. There's free flowing kool-aid over here (just watch out for Mad's with the tequila in it) and no one goes thirsty.

Bretsky
08-24-2007, 11:40 PM

Come to the light side, B. You know you want to. There's free flowing kool-aid over here (just watch out for Mad's with the tequila in it) and no one goes thirsty.

The closer we get to the regular season, the more the homerism kicks in
We feel revived hope; maybe Favre can have one more great year. Maybe the D is that good. Maybe the RB and OL is better than we think.

Then the season starts on reality kicks us in the face and stomps on us when we are down.

I've seen Packnut weakening.

I'm dumping the Kool Aide out for now.

Need to see measured results in the regular season before I mix up another bowl of it.

GrnBay007
08-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Well, back to Driver......

He's been such a Rock on the team, I think we all expect him to bounce back....like Favre. It was cool to see the concern look on Brett's face at the time of DD's injury and how he stepped forward like he wanted to go out on the field. DD has to play this season.........who else will Brett throw over his shoulders for a lil ride??? :D

the_idle_threat
08-25-2007, 01:14 AM

He's been such a Rock on the team, I think we all expect him to bounce back....like Favre. It was cool to see the concern look on Brett's face at the time of DD's injury and how he stepped forward like he wanted to go out on the field. DD has to play this season.........who else will Brett throw over his shoulders for a lil ride??? :D

Pickett?

GrnBay007
08-25-2007, 01:40 AM

Pickett?

:shock:

retailguy
08-25-2007, 10:36 AM

Pickett?

Pickett throws him over his shoulder and they're off to Burger King for Gilbert Burgers!

BallHawk
08-25-2007, 12:02 PM

Pickett?

Pickett throws him over his shoulder and they're off to Burger King for Gilbert Burgers!

Favre throws Pickett over his shoulders and he's off to the IR.

woodbuck27
08-25-2007, 12:34 PM

The closer we get to the regular season, the more the homerism kicks in
We feel revived hope; maybe Favre can have one more great year. Maybe the D is that good. Maybe the RB and OL is better than we think.

Then the season starts on reality kicks us in the face and stomps on us when we are down.

I've seen Packnut weakening.

I'm dumping the Kool Aide out for now.

Need to see measured results in the regular season before I mix up another bowl of it.

:)

Packnut isn't weakening he's likely just sick of informing in terms of the obvious, as a friend to the deluded.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
nfl.com

Posted: 1 hours 11 minutes ago

Packers GM: Driver appears to have avoided serious injury
Associated Press

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers are hopeful that wide receiver Donald Driver's foot injury is not too serious.

Driver was hurt on Thursday night in the Packers' 21-13 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars after making a 12-yard reception late in the second quarter.

Jaguars safety Sammy Knight rolled up on Driver's right leg and the Packers two-time Pro Bowler immediately reached for his foot. Driver was aided off the field and did not return.

Driver was not available in the locker room for comment on Friday, and general manager Ted Thompson remained quiet on the specifics of his top receiver's condition.

"He was feeling better today and the doctors are still fairly encouraged," Thompson said. "He's a remarkably tough professional football player who was also blessed with remarkable genetics. But we're hopeful, I don't know how you can predict this, but we feel fairly good that he's going to be OK."

Team doctor Patrick McKenzie also ordered more tests on Driver's foot.

"I talked to Pat this morning and he said everything looks good and we're going to do some additional scans just to make certain," Thompson said.

After the game, coach Mike McCarthy said that McKenzie didn't believe Driver's injury was the "long word, French thing," also known as a Lisfranc fracture, named after a French doctor and considered a career-threatening injury.

Thompson said Driver's injury was unfortunate because he was not expected to play much in the Packers' preseason finale against Tennessee.

"You don't go out (with the trainers) and get him very often," Thompson said. "He usually comes off on his own accord, even if he's banged up a little bit."

But Thompson didn't criticize McCarthy's decision to leave Driver in the game for the series. Brett Favre had left the game on the Packers' previous possession.

"That's the nature of the beast, that's the National Football League," Thompson said. "You're going to put your foot in the wrong spot sometimes and things happen, but fortunately we think we dodged something here."

Thompson also made it a point not to rule out that Driver could miss significant time.

He said he'd rather give vague information than something incorrect before finally conceding on the seventh question about Driver that doctors thought he would be ready for the opener against Philadelphia on Sept. 9.

"That's what we're hoping for," Thompson said. "That's what we think will probably happen, but you never know."

Driver, who was the Packers' last of two seventh-round picks in 1999, has developed into one of the top receivers in the league, setting career highs in receptions (92) and yards (1,295) for the third straight year in 2006 and earning his second Pro Bowl selection.

Driver played hurt in the final weeks last season with a shoulder injury that did not need surgery, but was held out of the opening days of training camp this year as a precaution.

He's also been extremely durable throughout his career.

Driver has appeared in all but four of the Packers' 114 games since 2000, missing three games in 2001 with a bruised quadriceps muscle and one game in 2003 with a sprained neck. He avoided missing a playoff game in 2002 despite having a bruised and strained right shoulder.

Driver is set to enter the season with a streak of 80 games with at least one catch, the second-longest in team history behind Sterling Sharpe's 103 games.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

FritzDontBlitz
08-25-2007, 06:57 PM
has anyone seen a quote from driver yet?

BallHawk
08-25-2007, 07:02 PM

Zilch.

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM

this is an excellent point.

I hate hearing from the GM or coach that so-and-so is gonna be OK. What does the guy with the aching foot think?

Well, of course you rarely get to hear from the player.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 07:04 PM

I haven't but he's wearing that %^^$$% boot I had to wear the last 3 weeks.....got it off a week ago actually. Dr indicated when he ordered it for me they'd re-evaluate after three weeks. This sounds less serious but with a foot sprain you tear the connective tissue that holds the bones together in the foot, so the only treatment is to completely rest it, hence the boot.

FritzDontBlitz
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM
i was just wondering if there was any conversation at all from dd about the injury. that nasty storm that blew through here thursday knocked out my power so i missed the game. i wasn't able to get back online until this morning, so i'm late getting the news....

Rastak
08-25-2007, 07:13 PM
i was just wondering if there was any conversation at all from dd about the injury. that nasty storm that blew through here thursday knocked out my power so i missed the game. i wasn't able to get back online until this morning, so i'm late getting the news....

I think GB has a news blackout on DD talking....

Lurker64
08-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Probably at this point the doctor is a more reliable source than Driver is. He knows more about the extend of the injury and can do a better job estimating recovery time, knowing that DD is a world class athlete.

What's Driver going to say? "My foot hurts, and the Doctor tells me not to walk so much on it without wearing this boot. It feels better than it did?" It'll probably be after the Tennessee game at the earliest that we'd actually be able to get something useful out of Driver on this, unless he has some amazing recuperative powers that lets him be 100% tomorrow.