PDA

View Full Version : Not that I know any more than you do, but......

PackerBlues
08-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Again, preseason games dont mean much. They are glorified practices for the most part, with neither the Offense or the Defense showing all of what they have. Everything is watered down, so as not to show off to much of what the team will be bringing to the games that will mean something.

I think we saw last night that our two starting TE's should be able to carry the load at that position. Hopefully we have a backup TE that will be able to learn enough of the playbook/offense to contribute in the event of an injury to one of our starters sometime during the season.

At RB, I am worried. I am hoping that the reason that our running game looks so pathetic, is because perhaps our Offense in the preseason is in fact heavily "watered down". Otherwise, I find myself again wishing that more effort had gone into signing Green, or in looking for a (big name?) veteran RB. In my opinion, our line was not giving the RB's anything to run through, or maybe it just looked that way because our young running back didnt seem to be running through anything, lol.

At this point, I myself have not seen anything that points to Donald Drivers injury as being serious or (hopefully) not. What I have seen in the preseason though, points out that behind Driver, we have a lot of inexperience. With Favre at the helm, the bad route running will only be a large concern if our Defense is unable to keep the other team from running away with the game. Thankfully, our Defense looks good enough to keep us in games that we have trouble scoring in offensively.

I again, find myself wishing that more effort had been put into getting us some veteran help at the WR position. I think that with our Defense, things won't be as bad as they seem, but still, a veteran reciever behind Donald Driver would sure as hell make me feel a lot better in the event that we find ourselves without him for any length of time.

Tell me that when Driver went out, that you were not thinking "Oh Shit, Oh Shit, Oh Shit.........."

cpk1994
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I wasn't thiniking it. It didn't look bad to me and I figured he has two weeks to get ready for the RS, so I just kept focus on Rodgers an his progress and would think about Driver later.

MJZiggy
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
I was not thinking Oh shit oh shit oh shit. I was SAYING Awww F***,

HarveyWallbangers
08-24-2007, 12:11 PM
How many fans of teams wouldn't go "Oh Shit" if they lost their Pro Bowl receiver?

If Javon Walker went down, Denver would start Brandon Marshall and Brandon Stokley.

If Chris Chambers went down, Miami would start Marty Booker and Ted Ginn (maybe).

If Randy Moss went down, New England would start Donte' Stallworth and Wes Welker.

If Chad Johnson went down, Cincinnati would start T.J. and Tab Perry.

If Braylon Edwards went down, Cleveland would start Joe Jurevecius and Travis Wilson.

If Marvin Harrison went down, Indianapolis would start Reggie Wayne and Anthony Gonzalez.

If Terrell Owens went down, Dallas would start Terry Glenn and Patrick Crayton.

If Reggie Brown went down, Philadelphia would start Kevin Curtis and Hank Baskett.

If Santana Moss went down, Washington would start Antuan Randle El and Brandon Lloyd.

The list goes on and on. Not many teams are 4 and 5 deep at WR.

PackerBlues
08-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I thought it was kinda funny how the name of Koren Robinson started coming up in these forums directly after Driver left the field. That alone speaks volumes as to what some people would think of going into the regular season without Driver. Hoping for help from K-Rob, because of our lack of experience behind Driver........that is desperation!

Ballboy
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
***********News Flash*************

Brett Favre makes the receivers, the receivers don't make our passing game.

cheesner
08-24-2007, 02:32 PM
. . .

I again, find myself wishing that more effort had been put into getting us some veteran help at the WR position. I think that with our Defense, things won't be as bad as they seem, but still, a veteran receiver behind Donald Driver would sure as hell make me feel a lot better in the event that we find ourselves without him for any length of time.

Tell me that when Driver went out, that you were not thinking "Oh Shit, Oh Shit, Oh Shit.........."If TT had signed a veteran WR like Moss, JJ would not have gotten as many reps as he has and he would be no where near where he is now.

I am happy with the potential this kid has shown and the production he is currently going to give us.

Noodle
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
***********News Flash*************

Brett Favre makes the receivers, the receivers don't make our passing game.

I've never bought this. Robert Brooks absolutely sacrificed his body to make tough catches, as did Freeman, as did Walker, as has Driver.

My view is that Favre has often puts his receivers in vulnerable positions with high throws that require them to stretch out and expose themselves to getting whacked. Yeah, that's part of their jobs, but you can't say Favre's amazing stats are the product of his greatness alone -- the Pack has been blessed with some tough receivers who ran good routes and weren't afraid to take a hit.

SkinBasket
08-24-2007, 08:59 PM
If Reggie Brown went down, Philadelphia would start Kevin Curtis and Hank Baskett.

Gotta love the momma that named her baby Hank Baskett.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2007, 09:01 PM
. . .

I again, find myself wishing that more effort had been put into getting us some veteran help at the WR position. I think that with our Defense, things won't be as bad as they seem, but still, a veteran receiver behind Donald Driver would sure as hell make me feel a lot better in the event that we find ourselves without him for any length of time.

Tell me that when Driver went out, that you were not thinking "Oh Shit, Oh Shit, Oh Shit.........."If TT had signed a veteran WR like Moss, JJ would not have gotten as many reps as he has and he would be no where near where he is now.

I am happy with the potential this kid has shown and the production he is currently going to give us.

The news out of New England is that all Moss has been doing since camp opened is ice his hammy. I'm not sure how that would have cut into JJ's practice time.

Rastak
08-24-2007, 09:03 PM
. . .

The news out of New England is that all Moss has been doing since camp opened is ice his hammy. I'm not sure how that would have cut into JJ's practice time.

Which, I believe I explained might happen during the Randy mania that swept this board.

I miss Mad's Viking graphic in his sig....

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-24-2007, 09:49 PM
I wanted Moss during that time the trade was possibility and I still wouldn’t mind having Moss. Jones and Jennings are awesome, but that doesn't mean they can't get better playing behind two great WR's. People act as though if Jones doesn't start as a rookie that his career is over or something and that he can't get better. I would rather be loaded at Wr than be one injury away from being weak and short handed. TT knows how to draft and no one can take that away from him, but sometimes I wish he would be a little more aggressive. I agree that you shouldn't over pay for old players, but Moss would not have cost much and the potential impact he could have had with Favre to me made the trade worth it. Are defense is very good, if we had just a little more on offense we would be a threat in the NFC.

Bretsky
08-24-2007, 09:57 PM
I wanted Moss during that time the trade was possibility and I still wouldn’t mind having Moss. Jones and Jennings are awesome, but that doesn't mean they can't get better playing behind two great WR's. People act as though if Jones doesn't start as a rookie that his career is over or something and that he can't get better. I would rather be loaded at Wr than be one injury away from being weak and short handed. TT knows how to draft and no one can take that away from him, but sometimes I wish he would be a little more aggressive. I agree that you shouldn't over pay for old players, but Moss would not have cost much and the potential impact he could have had with Favre to me made the trade worth it. Are defense is very good, if we had just a little more on offense we would be a threat in the NFC.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: