PDA

View Full Version : Ingle Gone

Partial
08-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Ingle is gone. So long. Don't let the door hit you on your ass.

The Green Bay Packers released 11 players Friday. The transactions were announced by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations.

Released Friday were center C.J. Blomvall, wide receiver Carlton Brewster, fullback Erryn Cobb, punter Ryan Dougherty, defensive end DeVon Hicks, cornerback Antonio Malone, quarterback Ingle Martin, guard Pat Murray, running back P.J. Pope, linebacker Juwan Simpson and tight end Joe Werner.

BF4MVP
08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya

GBRulz
08-24-2007, 04:04 PM
I can't say any of these were a surprise. I wonder if we are going to list Holiday as our ER #3 QB? Seems more teams are just going with 2 QB's.

Yup BH - already is a discussion of this under the Aug 24 cuts thread.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=7819

BallHawk
08-24-2007, 04:04 PM
I'd retitle this thread. Otherwise, we are going to have a barrage of cut list threads.

BallHawk
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Not really any surprise there.

rpiotr01
08-24-2007, 04:13 PM
I thought they'd try to keep Joe Werner around. Other than that no surprises.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2007, 04:19 PM
running back P.J. Pope

How bad was he injured? Maybe he'll get another sniff midseason. wait - maybe they can't return after an injury settlement.

Joemailman
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
As a good Catholic, I think the release of an injured Pope is an outrage. May TT burn in hell.

Him8123
08-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Thank God they cut ingle martin. His performance looked a little rex grossmanish, both smoke poles

Merlin
08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
I personally would have kept Thompson over Martin as well. However, that isn't based solely on Martin's performance last night as many many posters here have done. If you look at Rodgers with the scrubs, he didn't look all that good now did he. Blaming Martin for the lack of talent around him is kind of stupid. Kind of like saying "yeah but Rodgers was with the scrubs so his poor play is dismissed" then saying Martin sucks because he didn't play any better with less of a team around him. That's what being a cake-eater is my friends.

All too often people get wrapped up into who they like instead of what that person can contribute. I hate Randy Moss, but I think he would have been a good addition to our team. I like Ingle Martin. When he came out last season he looked like he had a strong arm but was very raw. He looked like he wanted to play but was relegated to scrub duty. This year, he looked like he wished he was somewhere else. Thompson made some bad decisions but the kid has better raw skills then either Martin or Rodgers for that matter. Thompson seemed like he was the person in charge when he got behind center. Rodgers doesn't look like he is in charge, just there to do a job. We may never know what he had in Martin because I think he just didn't give a crap. He was tagged as a slacker and sometimes hard worker coming out of college and it appears by his demeanor that he just didn't care.

Finally, for anyone to be like "thank god they cut him" and compare him to Grossman, apparently you haven't been watching Rodgers the past three seasons. Anyone who pipes up and defends Rodgers isn't watching either. The kid has a very long way to go.

Him8123
08-24-2007, 08:30 PM
yeah but we`re not talking about the last three seasons we are talking about right now. This year. Rodgers overall has looked pretty good. Martin has not had a good camp at all this year. Coaches, writers everyone has seen and said that.

Merlin
08-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Can you replay the last few series for me that Rodgers was in last night? Look at his performance and tell me it was PRETTY GOOD. If you say it was, you really need to get your head examined. Although Rodgers is making strides, he isn't picking up the hardest part of the game, reading the defense and leading the team. It it takes a #1 draft choice three seasons to look just OK (which is better then the proverbial over-generalization of "overall looked pretty good") then I think there may be a problem.

Oh, you meant the first series he played, the first throw he made. You mean the one where is misread the safety over the top and threw what should have been an interception? We are talking about right now right?

That's right, dismiss anything pertaining to reality and focus on a few positives but ignore the glaring negatives. When will fans learn that it takes more then a couple of "nice throws" to make an NFL QB?

We all know that writers spew what they hear from the coaches. You really think any coach is going to come out and say our backup QB sucks? They haven't said that about the guy once in any season. They are always saying good things. But yet they never seem to amount to anything on the field.

SkinBasket
08-24-2007, 08:54 PM
I like Ingle Martin. When he came out last season he looked like he had a strong arm but was very raw.

I right. I actually laughed at this. Strong arm? Compared to who? Gumby? I know Partial has accused you of not even watching the games, and now I'm really starting to think there's a great deal of truth to this.

Thompson made some bad decisions but the kid has better raw skills then either Martin or Rodgers for that matter.

And you're basing this off what? The 1 quarter of preseason football you've seen, or not seen, of Thompson? His 10 attempts, 2 of which were INTs? I'm drunk when I'm reading this nonsense, but you'd have to be stupid to post it.

We may never know what he had in Martin because I think he just didn't give a crap. He was tagged as a slacker and sometimes hard worker coming out of college and it appears by his demeanor that he just didn't care.

Then why the fuck would we want him on the team? He was an untalented backup, you claim he didn't care about playing, yet you were ready to walk through the fires of hell to shout that he was better than Rodgers.

Finally, for anyone to be like "thank god they cut him" and compare him to Grossman, apparently you haven't been watching Rodgers the past three seasons. Anyone who pipes up and defends Rodgers isn't watching either. The kid has a very long way to go.

Finally, you're an idiot. Thank God, Jesus, Baby Jesus, the Holy Spirit, Mary, Tom Cruise, Ghandi, the dog from the Taco Bell commercials, and Oprah they cut the loser.

SkinBasket
08-24-2007, 08:56 PM
That's right, dismiss anything pertaining to reality and focus on a few positives but ignore the glaring negatives.

Goddamn if you aren't the funniest fucker I know without even trying.

falco
08-24-2007, 09:02 PM
That's right, dismiss anything pertaining to reality and focus on a few positives but ignore the glaring negatives.

Goddamn if you aren't the funniest fucker I know without even trying.

I'll second that.

Him8123
08-24-2007, 09:05 PM
haha I`ll third that right on by the way Rodgers had a hard time last night because the 2nd string offensive line was breaking down and he had 2-3 defenders right in his face or sacking him the whole time.

Bossman641
08-24-2007, 09:06 PM
That's right, dismiss anything pertaining to reality and focus on a few positives but ignore the glaring negatives. When will fans learn that it takes more then a couple of "nice throws" to make an NFL QB?

You're doing the exact same thing with Rodgers. I don't think you'll find anyone, except perhaps yourself and Wist, that doesn't think Rodgers has improved a huge amount from last preseason to this preseason.

At least Rodgers has positives you can point to and say "yes he's improved, that's a throw he probably doesn't make last year." What positives do you have about Martin, other than the fact that he's someone other than Rodgers.

Scott Campbell
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I'll pile on and 5th it.

Fred's Slacks
08-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Anyone who pipes up and defends Rodgers isn't watching either. The kid has a very long way to go.

Let's see, what is his passer rating this preseason? He led the offense to their only touchdown of the game against one of the best defenses in the league with all their starters in. If he has a long ways to go then he is going to be AWESOME!!!!

And yes, I did watch the game. And yes, he made a mistake and the safety should have picked him. Other than that he had zero time to do anything on the last three drives. All other games he has been accurate, and made good decision even under pressure. He has looked very good so far. I don't see how you can say he hasn't.

Him8123
08-25-2007, 05:17 AM
:tup:

Him8123
08-25-2007, 05:22 AM
Anyone who pipes up and defends Rodgers isn't watching either. The kid has a very long way to go.

Let's see, what is his passer rating this preseason? He led the offense to their only touchdown of the game against one of the best defenses in the league with all their starters in. If he has a long ways to go then he is going to be AWESOME!!!!

And yes, I did watch the game. And yes, he made a mistake and the safety should have picked him. Other than that he had zero time to do anything on the last three drives. All other games he has been accurate, and made good decision even under pressure. He has looked very good so far. I don't see how you can say he hasn't.

Could`nt agree with ya more Fred. Last year I was very nervous at the thought of Rodgers being the possible heir to the throne. So far in what I`ve seen this seaon I`m starting to get a little more comfortable at thinking of him as being a pretty good starting QB. But its only preseason we`ll have to wait and see. Only time will tell

cpk1994
08-25-2007, 06:31 AM

Merlin will say he hasn't becuase 1)He doesn't watch the games closely, and 2)He has such a deep seeded hate of Rodgers that he simply refuses to give Aaron any credit. Arron could lead GB to a Super Bowl and Merlin still woud say "Aaron is a bust". Merlin is a complete waste of space.

falco
08-25-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm not sure its been discussed at all, and maybe its obvious to everyone, but the QB Thompson may not really have a shot at the roster anyway. If Favre isn't playing game 4, then they will need someone to take over when Rodgers is done. Thompson could be headed for the practice squad shortly after fulfilling those duties.

Carolina_Packer
08-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Aaron Brooks, anyone? Sure, I wouldn't want him starting, or perhaps not even as a number 2, but as a number 3 insurance guy, why not? Or, do you think TT would want someome more developmental? He's familiar with the Packers and the offense.

Brohm
08-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Aaron Brooks, anyone? Sure, I wouldn't want him starting, or perhaps not even as a number 2, but as a number 3 insurance guy, why not? Or, do you think TT would want someome more developmental? He's familiar with the Packers and the offense.

I think TT still realizes that we go as Brett goes (especially given our ground attack). If the unthinkable happens and Brett goes down, we'll sink or swim with Rodgers and pick up another #2. Other than that, he would just go develomental.

MadtownPacker
08-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Merlin is taking a beating in this thread and after reading through it I have to say it is well deserved. Martin looked like crap and if he doesnt feel like trying harder then he aint worth a shit and needed to go. Why the hell have some slacker when a hungry player like Thompson wants his chance. Even if it isn't Thompson it should be a young guy that could someday develop into the top dog.

No to brooks!

falco
08-25-2007, 11:07 AM
All we need on the roster now is Favre and Rodgers. If one of them goes down, I can see us picking up another "Todd Bouman" type for an emergency situation, but why waste on spot on someone now. We potentially have two starting QB's on the team (I hope we do at least).

packrulz
08-25-2007, 11:18 AM
TT said Martin is eligible for the practice squad, and they want a closer look at Thompson, so don't throw Ingle under the bus yet. He might keep one on the PS, or cut both, I think Thompson will end up on the PS. MM still has one more cut to make, maybe TT is trying to swing a trade?

Deputy Nutz
08-25-2007, 11:39 AM
First off anyone eligible for the practice squad is already thrown under the bus.

Marlin thought he was so slick bashing me for my take on winners and losers, defending Martin and this and that, well looks like I am right(as long as everyone thinks the packers are right) and Mr. Merlin was wrong!

Martin was having a terrible camp, he was a low round draft pick last year, and he had all year and OTAs to improve when he was the only healthy QB that was on the roster last year. Favre and Rodgers both missed time in mini camp because of injury, and Martin didn't do anything with the opportunity.

Most importantly he looked like shit on Thursday night when he wasn't handing the ball off to White. His pocket presence was not good, he wasn't getting the Packers in and out of the huddle when time was a factor, and his footwork was a bit shady.

I never compared Martin to Rodgers but there is a huge difference between the two, Rodgers was a first round draft pick that organization has huge expectations for. Martin's expectations were hopefully to be traded in the next couple of years for a higher pick than what he was select. The organization is going to be a little more patient with Rodgers than are with Martin. The fact is Rodgers has improved a great deal from last year, he as a good work ethic and character, two things that have been questioned about Martin.

Iron Mike
08-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I fail to see why everyone is getting so torqued up about a 3rd string QB.

It's not like Holiday couldn't serve as an emergency QB.

Anyway, if the game situation got to the point where we'd need the 3rd string QB, I'd be willing to bet all of you Martin/Thompson lovers would be here on Monday a.m. to T.J. Rubley his ass.

I don't really have a point with this post......I just wanted to mention T.J. Rubley. 8-)

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/0306/image/vikingsb5/rub.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Merlin is taking a beating in this thread and after reading through it I have to say it is well deserved.

Well, Merlin offers some, shall we say unique opinions.

But that makes the forum more interesting!

I don't like reading people call him a douche bag and a waste of space etc. Its juvenile, boring, enforcies conformity. Leads to a bland forum. See JSO.

Stick to arguing about the stuff, not ripping the poster.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Merlin is taking a beating in this thread and after reading through it I have to say it is well deserved.

I don't like reading people call him a douche bag and a waste of space etc. Its juvenile, boring, ends up enforcing conformity/blandness.

There's been alot of that lately.....

falco
08-25-2007, 12:57 PM

I don't like reading people call him a douche bag and a waste of space etc. Its juvenile, boring, enforcies conformity. Leads to a bland forum. See JSO.

Stick to arguing about the stuff, not ripping the poster.

Whats wrong with conformity???????

run pMc
08-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm with Iron Mike...it's the #3 QB spot. They're going to give this Thompson kid a chance in game 4 to see if he's worth keeping. If not, there's a chance they bring ingle back on the PS. Doubt it though, if the kid hasn't shown accuracy.

Harlan, I agree with you also about the posts...I don't know Merlin, so I can't say whether he resembles a douche bag, but I do disagree with his opinion of Rodgers and Ingle. I think ARod has shown much more potential to be a starter than Ingle thus far, although I'm not 100% sold on Rodgers as the "heir apparent" yet.
IIRC from the OTA/early camp reports, when Ingle took split snaps with the Rodgers with the #1's (when Favre missed practice) it didn't sound like he was doing well then, so I'm not convinced he'd suddenly turn it on in a real game with the #1's.

My two cents...hopefully that doesn't make me a douche bag. ;)

cpk1994
08-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm with Iron Mike...it's the #3 QB spot. They're going to give this Thompson kid a chance in game 4 to see if he's worth keeping. If not, there's a chance they bring ingle back on the PS. Doubt it though, if the kid hasn't shown accuracy.

Harlan, I agree with you also about the posts...I don't know Merlin, so I can't say whether he resembles a douche bag, but I do disagree with his opinion of Rodgers and Ingle. I think ARod has shown much more potential to be a starter than Ingle thus far, although I'm not 100% sold on Rodgers as the "heir apparent" yet.
IIRC from the OTA/early camp reports, when Ingle took split snaps with the Rodgers with the #1's (when Favre missed practice) it didn't sound like he was doing well then, so I'm not convinced he'd suddenly turn it on in a real game with the #1's.

Look, the only reason this has become an issue is becuase of Merlin. He is the one that brought up Martin, trying to show that "Rodgers is a bust" so he can continue to justify his irrational hate of Rodgers. The board is jumping on him for his lack of brain power accordingly.

retailguy
08-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Look, the only reason this has become an issue is becuase of Merlin. He is the one that brought up Martin, trying to show that "Rodgers is a bust" so he can continue to justify his irrational hate of Rodgers. The board is jumping on him for his lack of brain power accordingly.

Nah, the board isn't jumping on Merlin because of his lack of brain power. The board is jumping on Merlin because he doesn't share the "rosy outlook" of the majority.

When you don't share the "rosy outlook" you will be reminded of that at EVERY turn, because no one want to think of their prediction as wrong, and NO fan wants to think that their team won't be competitive.

Merlin makes some here think, and they don't like that. Merlin got this one wrong, big time, but he's always had tunnel vision with Rodgers. He despises Ted, so he desperately wants him to fail with a 1st round pick, but Merlins points are not all bad.

You win some, and you lose some. Merlin gets picked on, not for losing, but because he doesn't share the "majority opinion".

When you majority opinion guys get it wrong, you don't beat each other up, do you? Nope.

Guiness
08-25-2007, 02:51 PM

Nah, don't bring in a vet for 3rd string. If you get to that point, you're screwed anyways.

Bring in a develpmental guy, if anything. If not, and Favre and Rodgers get hurt *shudder* Holliday finishes the game, and pick up Brooks (or Nall, or...) during the following week...

BTW there's a guy on the Bill's roster called CJ Ah You 8-)
Their own Taco Wallace, I guess

Rastak
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM

he has the right to his opinion. If you don't agree shoot it full of holes...no need to insult and name call......you don't want the board to fall to the level of usenet.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Nah, the board isn't jumping on Merlin because of his lack of brain power. The board is jumping on Merlin because he doesn't share the "rosy outlook" of the majority.

:bs:

RashanGary
08-25-2007, 04:40 PM
When you majority opinion guys get it wrong, you don't beat each other up, do you? Nope.

The world is out to get you :wink:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jHjFxJVeCQs

Fred's Slacks
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM

When you don't share the "rosy outlook" you will be reminded of that at EVERY turn, because no one want to think of their prediction as wrong, and NO fan wants to think that their team won't be competitive.

Merlin makes some here think, and they don't like that. Merlin got this one wrong, big time, but he's always had tunnel vision with Rodgers. He despises Ted, so he desperately wants him to fail with a 1st round pick, but Merlins points are not all bad.

You win some, and you lose some. Merlin gets picked on, not for losing, but because he doesn't share the "majority opinion".

I know I can be in the Kool Aid crowd some times. I want to believe this team is going to be good and headed in the right direction. I appreciate some of you who can give us the other perspective. You show us another point of view that we may be blinded to. But, as you pointed out, Merlin is just wrong in this case. Rogers may never be a great or even good quarterback but there is no way you can look at what he's done this preseason and not be at least somewhat impressed. I don't mean to pick on Merlin and I don't think he's an idiot or a douche. I am just curious, if we are wearing rose colored glasses, what color glasses are you guys wearing? As much as we may be blind to the bad things on this team, it seams some of you are blind to the good.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2007, 05:03 PM
I am just curious, if we are wearing rose colored glasses, what color glasses are you guys wearing? As much as we may be blind to the bad things on this team, it seams some of you are blind to the good.

Didn't you know? They're the persecuted minority whose perspective is without flaw.

One day all of us will know what they do - that Ted really Satan. And we'll accept Mike Sherman back into our hearts as our franchises true savior.

falco
08-25-2007, 05:08 PM
I am just curious, if we are wearing rose colored glasses, what color glasses are you guys wearing? As much as we may be blind to the bad things on this team, it seams some of you are blind to the good.

Didn't you know? They're the persecuted minority whose perspective is without flaw.

One day all of us will know what they do - that Ted really Satan. And we'll accept Mike Sherman back into our hearts as our franchises true savior.

shhhhhhh.... you've said too much already :shock:

Bretsky
08-25-2007, 05:13 PM
All this sarcasm from so many different people; I hope one day it goes away and we can all just debate about the Packers without the clever references

Scott Campbell
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM
All this sarcasm from so many different people; I hope one day it goes away and we can all just debate about the Packers without the clever references

Merlin makes some here think, and they don't like that.

It may never happen B. But if it were to, the Mod would be a good place to start.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-25-2007, 05:23 PM

Same here. It seems that people either hate TT and the direction of the team or love TT and the direction of the team. It's hard for people to debate because people are not being sensible and refuse to acknowledge the good with the bad or vice versa. Some here find it hard to believe that you can like certain things and dislike certain things. I for one like TT, but he does have weaknesses IMO.

Joemailman
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM

Gosh, brilliant post B. I'm just jealous because I couldn't say it so well. :wink: :P :taunt:

Bretsky
08-25-2007, 05:31 PM

It may never happen B. But if it were to, the Mod would be a good place to start.

I'm guilty of it; I've tried to get better but I'm surely not one to play the righeous card on this one.

Cheers,
B

Rastak
08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't mind some of it. Certain posters here have some pretty funny lines. I just don't like the high school stuff. It's very lame.

Bretsky

Same here. It seems that people either hate TT and the direction of the team or love TT and the direction of the team. It's hard for people to debate because people are not being sensible and refuse to acknowledge the good with the bad or vice versa. Some here find it hard to believe that you can like certain things and dislike certain things. I for one like TT, but he does have weaknesses IMO.

I'm on the other pendelum; slight bias against TT. Solid drafter, I think, but IMO we should have been getting better much faster in this day and era; of course that requires some win now approaches with free agency. Overall he's been good for the Packers so far but I'm an inpatient one

Rastak

I'm guilty of it; I've tried to get better but I'm surely not one to play the righeous card on this one.

Cheers,
B

True, you'd need a mandate.

falco
08-25-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm on the other pendelum; slight bias against TT. Solid drafter, I think, but IMO we should have been getting better much faster in this day and era; of course that requires some win now approaches with free agency. Overall he's been good for the Packers so far but I'm an inpatient one

I'm in a funny situation. I liked Sherman, and agreed with much of what RG said when he defended him; I'm sure if you look back at some of the threads you'll see that.

However, I also really like what Thompson's done. I've disagreed with some of what he's done, but I also think this year many of his picks and street FA signings are starting to pay dividends.

I won't criticize anyone either way being pro or anti TT. But I ridiculous statements like "Harrell should earn a roster spot this preseason or be cut" need to be called out. I also think the constant sarcasm and persecuted mentality of some (or one) poster is silly.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2007, 05:43 PM

Cheers,
B

I think you could play the card. You do a great job, even though you're not wild about Ted.

Joemailman
08-25-2007, 05:44 PM

I actually agree. I've pretty much stopped responding to a couple posters rather than get into a war of words that have nothing to do with football.

RashanGary
08-25-2007, 06:54 PM

Cheers,
B

Believe it or not, I'm trying to clean it up too. It's hard though. Sarcasm gets to me. It's my little pet peeve so I try to get even rather than taking the high road.

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 06:57 PM

This reminds me of when I was a little kid, wandering through one of my parents' cocktail parties. The adults would be drinking and talking, using words I didn't understand, laughing at remarks that made no sense.

I have zero idea what people are talking about. What's wrong with sarcasm or clever references? "the Mod would be a good place to start"? What do you want the Mod to do? Or are you gonna do something to the Mod? (i'm for that!)

And what's this talk of a persecuted minority? And what's this rightousness card? Is this a reference to my speech?

Nothing wrong with arguing, fussing or fighting; just keep it above the level of personal insults. Or so I say.

Actually I don't care. I'm just going to wait for the Big People to leave so I can get to the leftover snacks.

RashanGary
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I should take the blame for 20% of it. I think there is a troll who has multiple names who deserves 50% of it and the other 30% is probably split up between a few others.

Guiness
08-25-2007, 09:12 PM

Oh, fuck off (was that clever?)

:P :P

Anyways, I think this is just :beat:
Get a community the size we've grown to, and there's going to be a few

SkinBasket
08-25-2007, 10:04 PM
You all feel better now after your group hug you lot of douche-bags?

Spaulding
08-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Everybody's entitled to their thoughts on this board and rightfully so, but it's the posts stating something like it's a fact when it's just really an opinion that deserved to be ripped. It's an open invitation and fair game.

Posts should be intented to provide insightful news and/or debate perspectives, not state gibberish and force views upon others or belittle other's posts. That's why the JSO sucks. It's like movie Idiocracy over there.

swede
08-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm glad that this forum excites such passion about subjects as insignificant as Ingle Martin and his abrupt release. It's how we fill in the days and hours between games.

I was also taken aback when someone called Merlin a "waste of space." That was as harsh as a bong hit scraped out of a nylon rug.

I agree with Merlin only about 25% of the time, but he is a regular poster with stuff to say. I do not question his Packer fan credentials, and I do not question his right to say stoopid stuff along with the insightful stuff because I do not wish to lose my right to post stoopid stuff.

BallHawk
08-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Page 3 feels like an episode of 7th Heaven.

Partial
08-26-2007, 12:26 AM

That is not true. The board is jumping on Merlin because he clearly does not watch the games. Anyone with a brain can see these things he is being picked on for.

Partial
08-26-2007, 12:30 AM
You all feel better now after your group hug you lot of douche-bags?

Now that they've powdered their pussies they're ready to discuss TT over some tea.

Seriously, this is a FOOTBALL board. If somebody is being a jackass clearly just for attention let them know and they should deal with the consequences. People flame merlin because of the stupid shit he says. Same reason people flame myself or tank.

There is no need to turn this place into ABC Family.

Freak Out
08-26-2007, 12:33 AM
That was as harsh as a bong hit scraped out of a nylon rug.

That is some hard up shit brother. Damn.....

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Now that they've powdered their pussies

Do you really believe flaming somebody in an internet forum is macho or courageous?

Seriously, this is a FOOTBALL board.

Oooga, Ooooga! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I think the Keyboard Warriors are usually guys under 25. With little dicks.

Not you, tho Partial, I can tell from your Avatar that you pack a punch.

Partial
08-26-2007, 01:01 AM
I am so far from the great leonidas. More like the nerdyidas.

However, I don't get my sand in my vagina from somebody disagreeing with me and thinking i'm an idiot when I am deliberately saying stupid shit to attract attention.

No way does Merlin seriously believe this shit. If you're honestly that dumb I don't think you'd be capable of typing. It is just a straight-up ignorance of facts.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Partial, in my experience, people generally say what they think. Some people are just wierd, or really different from you, so it seems like they must be playing a game.

Uhhh, in a rare case where somebody is baiting, why take the bait?

falco
08-26-2007, 02:08 AM
never mind

Scott Campbell
08-26-2007, 09:07 AM
If you say it was, you really need to get your head examined.

When will fans learn that it takes more then a couple of "nice throws" to make an NFL QB?

Ok, so I re-read the thread. It was non-eventful until Merlin's post that contained these statements. People then began to react more strongly.

I think most people in this forum get what they give.

SkinBasket
08-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Do you really believe flaming somebody in an internet forum is macho or courageous?

Why does it have to be macho or courageous? Why can't it just be what it is? Satisfying and fun. Don't forget that a lot of the time it's not the people "flaming" that are the problem, it's the people who take what a complete stranger typed in an internet forum personally that are the problem.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2007, 03:07 PM
well, everybody has had there say now. Except falco, who started to call me a douche bag, but then changed his mind.

falco
08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
well, everybody has had there say now. Except falco, who started to call me a douche bag, but then changed his mind.

not quite Harlan, but close.

besides, you had nasty things to say about me back at JSO, then tried to claim LawyerJoe had stolen your identity. It broke my heart and I've never forgotten...

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
lucky that I remember that incident. Just barely, but I remember. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those were the days, my friend,
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance,
Forever and a day

We'd lead the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
those were the days,
oh yes those were the days!

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 04:32 PM
We are all Packer fans.

I know, simple statement, just thought some of you needed reminding.

packrulz
08-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Getting back to Packer football, I'm wondering who else is going to be cut, one more needs to be made by Tues. I don't really want Hodge to be cut, I still think he could be a good back up, and certainly not Rayner, not yet, I'm wondering if TT is trying to make a trade before Tuesday. Maybe Corey Williams?

SkinBasket
08-26-2007, 07:09 PM

I'm sorry. I didn't know you were waiting up for me or I would have just called you a douche so you could sleep at night.

Joemailman
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Getting back to Packer football, I'm wondering who else is going to be cut, one more needs to be made by Tues. I don't really want Hodge to be cut, I still think he could be a good back up, and certainly not Rayner, not yet, I'm wondering if TT is trying to make a trade before Tuesday. Maybe Corey Williams?

Hodge did not practice today because his tendinitis flared up again. I think he's going to end up On IR. I don't see the Packers trading Williams, especially with Harrell's slow start.

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Good riddance. He absolutely sucks.

Bretsky
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM

With Harell's turtle like progress we can not afford to trade Corey Williams

Partial
08-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Hodge did not practice today because his tendinitis flared up again. I think he's going to end up On IR.

Agreed. I would predict IR versus injury settlement and cutting him. He has a lot of potential to be a very good back-up MLB and one that can play the goaline very well.

With Harell's turtle like progress we can not afford to trade Corey Williams

:rs: