PDA

View Full Version : Robinson could be reinstated

Him8123
08-25-2007, 11:41 AM
robdizzle3
Recruit Join Date: Aug 2007

Robinson could be reinstated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Koren Robinson who was suspended one year last year for violating the leagues substance abuse policy can be reinstated after one year and guess what its almost a year and i heard that he put in the papers to the commisioners office and he will know next week.The indication around the league is he will get reinstated because he has met all the guidelines set for reinstatement and yes the packers do want him back because of his undeniable ability and athletisism and he can definetely help them out.if reinstated he can play either their first game but thats doubtful but most likely it would be between week 2 and 3.he was suspended september 8th"

found this on another forum, not trying to steal so I made sure the author`s name was still there. This is the latest news I`ve heard of this though. 1st or 2nd week??? that seems really soon I was thinking he wouldnt be back til october if he does in fact get reinstated.

BallHawk
08-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Is Ariggo using multiple aliases now?

Lurker64
08-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I would actually be surprised if Robinson got reinstated this year. It just doesn't seem in keeping with the M.O. of the comish.

LL2
08-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Do we really need him? I think we will do fine with Driver, Jennings, JJ, and Ruvell.

Him8123
08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
I think if i remember correctly if he did get reinstated we could bring him in and it wouldn`t count against our 53 man roster for a certain amount of time. Then I guess if he looked good someone would have to go to P.S. or get released.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Do we really need him? I think we will do fine with Driver, Jennings, JJ, and Ruvell.

Sure as hell would hurt. As you can see anyone can get injured, so why not have some insurance?

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 12:24 PM

Doesn't Krob have some decent speed? Honestly, I forget. They could use a guy to stretch the field. Their recieviers (including TE's) lack speed.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 12:29 PM
He filed his papers this week as mentioned. Since he's been clean it's quite possible they will let him back. He hasn't played much since 2005 so I doubt he'll make much of an impact. He's pretty fast but drops alot of balls, at least that was his MO in Seattle. He was mainly a returner in Minnesota until his 120 mile an hour chase. He did a great job returning kicks.

woodbuck27
08-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Is anyone reading or observing otherwise any dirt on Greg Jennings attitude this TC?

James Jones has been given the shot and really stepped up to appear now as our #2 WR.

Am I seeing this correct and if so may this be affecting Jennings?

Comments PLEASE.

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 12:32 PM
until his 120 mile an hour chase. .

Say, he does have some speed. The packers need the guy, they got too many possession recievers: Jennings, Jones, Ruevel

GrnBay007
08-25-2007, 12:54 PM
He filed his papers this week as mentioned. Since he's been clean it's quite possible they will let him back.

I agree with the commish hard stance on suspending players that are breaking the law......however, he also needs to recognize those that have kept things clean during their suspension period. In fact, IMO he should knock off a lil time at the end if they've been good......kinda like the prisoner getting good time credit. :D

retailguy
08-25-2007, 02:02 PM
He was suspended Sept 8th, but appealed and was permitted to play during the appeal. I think his suspension actually started October 17th.

Not sure whether he could return before that or not, however, he hasn't (as previously mentioned) played much football since 2005, missed both training camps, wasn't permitted to have contact with the team nor workout at their facility, and spent at least two stretches of time in the clink.

Really, what are the odds he's in football shape and could contribute? Do we really need a #4 WR, that's 28 with a drug/alcohol problem instead of holiday or Martin? Also, yeah, he's a great returner, but is he better than Blackmon?

This is just the lot that Thompson has dealt the Packers. Win or lose, we play by Ted's rules this year. There is NO magic pill to make this team appear better on paper. There is NO magic trade in the offing that'll bring some superstar to GB, and there is NO magic suspension fairy that's going to bring a pro bowl performing receiver to our receiver corps.

He might get reinstated (that'd be the miracle), so we're likely not getting a second miracle that he'll contribute. More likely, he gets reinstated, then gets cut.

BallHawk
08-25-2007, 03:07 PM

Doesn't Krob have some decent speed? Honestly, I forget. They could use a guy to stretch the field. Their recieviers (including TE's) lack speed.

Not to mention, he could also play KR opposite Blackmon.

FritzDontBlitz
08-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I would actually be surprised if Robinson got reinstated this year. It just doesn't seem in keeping with the M.O. of the comish.

and what IS the m.o. of the commish, anyway? is it the death penalty for everything, even if you meet the terms of your suspension? i think not, but i'm curious to see how goodell deals with this since krob's suspension started under tagliabue and not goodell....

MJZiggy
08-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Well which player was it that he allowed to practice with the team this offseason because he hadn't shot anyone yet this year?

Him8123
08-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I dont see why he would not be reinstated. The guy has stayed clean as far as we know and we certainly haven`t heard of him getting in trouble.

falco
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
I dont see why he would not be reinstated. The guy has stayed clean as far as we know and we certainly haven`t heard of him getting in trouble.

He was in jail most of the time anyway, wasn't he? Didn't have much chance to mess up.

If we have a healthy group of receivers when we have to make a choice to put him on the roster, I don't see him coming on.

Lurker64
08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
and what IS the m.o. of the commish, anyway? is it the death penalty for everything, even if you meet the terms of your suspension? i think not, but i'm curious to see how goodell deals with this since krob's suspension started under tagliabue and not goodell....

I think that, as someone else pointed out, the fact that Robinson was in jail for pretty much the duration of his sentence and thus couldn't mess up, he didn't really have the opportunity to demonstrate that he's responsible or capable of representing the NFL admirably.

What's more likely to happen is that Goodell will let Krob return after this season if he behaves himself in the interim.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Robinson's a real nice guy from everything I heard...the commish could go either way on this. He's completely unreliable so maybe the commish doesn't want to chance the midseason meltdown.

If he doesn't let Robinson back I won't feel sorry for him because he made his own damn bed and had several chances, if he does let him back I certainly wouldn't be upset and I hope he can stay sober.

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 07:06 PM
If he doesn't let Robinson back I won't feel sorry for him because he made his own damn bed and had several chances, if he does let him back I certainly wouldn't be upset and I hope he can stay sober.

Robinson is an unusual case. His reform campaigns seem as dramatic and complete as his falls from grace.

I'll be very upset if he doesn't get a shot this fall.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Robinson is an unusual case. His reform campaign seem as dramatic and complete as his falls from grace.

I'll be very upset if he doesn't get a shot this fall.

He knows how to rise and fall. He totally f's it up in Seattle. Show up for jail drunk. Get's cut. Vikings sign him. Tells everyone what a reformed guy he is. Plays great as a kick returner then goes to the pro bowl.

Rumor (nothing more than that) indicates he's getting toasted in Hawaii. He wins the Vikings good guy award . Gets long term deal. He is named #1 reciever. He gets drunk, then leads police on dangerous chase which ends when he stops next to training camp.

Up -- down ---- Up ---- wayyyy down.....

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 07:13 PM
He knows how to rise and fall. He totally f's it up in Seattle. Show up for jail drunk. Get's cut. Vikings sign him. Tells everyone what a reformed guy he is. Plays great as a kick returner then goes to the bowl.

Well ya, and as I recall he won awards with the Vikings during this period for ... I forget, sportmanship award or something. Some sort of character award that the team voted on. Anyway, it seems like he was a model citizen.

And then came the highspeed chase.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
He knows how to rise and fall. He totally f's it up in Seattle. Show up for jail drunk. Get's cut. Vikings sign him. Tells everyone what a reformed guy he is. Plays great as a kick returner then goes to the bowl.

Well ya, and as I recall he won awards with the Vikings during this period for ... I forget, sportmanship award or something. Some sort of character award that the team voted on. Anyway, it seems like he was a model citizen.

And then came the highspeed chase.

Indeed, you are correct.

Oscar
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
For whatever it's worth...It will be a year, Sept.12 for me..With out a drink! I thank god for all the second chances that I have had..This guy made it to the NFL with a bottle in his hand..If he feels as good as I do without it.......Go Pack :jig:

Rastak
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
For whatever it's worth...It will be a year, Sept.12 for me..With out a drink! I thank god for all the second chances that I have had..This guy made it to the NFL with a bottle in his hand..If he feels as good as I do without it.......Go Pack :jig:

Good man and congrats.

Oscar
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
One day at a time my friend. :)

MJZiggy
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Nice job, bro. Hope all's well.

footballfever
08-26-2007, 01:41 AM

5 years for me as of August 24th :D I hope K Rob can overcome his addiction, if he never plays a down again in the NFL or not I really hope he overcomes this.

Him8123
08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I love alcohol 8-) congrats on being sober though

Merlin
08-26-2007, 06:47 PM
I think Robinson gets re-instated but the Packers have to move on as if he isn't coming back. Robinson can provide some veteran leadership along with Driver in our WR corps. If we don't keep 3 QB's and we probably don't have more then 2 real TE's on the roster, who's to say we can't keep 6 WR's?

Him8123
08-26-2007, 06:58 PM
I think we could very well keep 6 wr`s. I like Jones, Driver, Jennings, Holliday, Martin, and to add K Rob for veteran leadership and if he`s still got "it" I can see it happening. Why not.

Green Bud Packer
08-26-2007, 08:55 PM
I wonder what kind of odds I could get in Vegas on K-Robs return?

I'd be willing to bet he is reinstated to the NFL and I'd bet even more he plays for the Pack this season.

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I will say that his talent does intrique me. I mean, he did make the probowl for special teams, and can be a deep threat. It would be nice to have him reinstated, unfortunately, I don't see how we can fit him in the 53 man roster. Too many good younger players have proven themselves and deserve the spot. I just don't see it happen, unless we actually do stay with 2 QB's which i doubt.