PDA

View Full Version : NFC North in action tonight

Rastak
08-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Detroit in Indy (got it tivo'd)

SF in Chicago

and of course, Minnesota playing the Seahawks. The team Green Bay crushed. In Seattle instead of at home. Obviously that's the game I'm watching live. Here's some stuff from Paul Allen on KFAN's site on the game tonight brtween the Vikings and the Seahawks.

very cloudy and chilly at 11:02 a.m. Cappucino Capital time.

new radio analyst Pete Bercich has done some extensive film work of the vike's first two games and offered these opinions last night at dinner:

chad greenway is playing extremely well. very instinctive, well studied. EJ is handling the middle well, too. hutch and birk are getting along nicely and mckinnie's pass rotection is solid. bryant, though, "won't mix it up" on run plays to the other side of the field and doesn't seem interested in getting down the field in case a play cuts back. right side of the o-line is still a problem but pete feels they can work around it.

kenechi udeze is struggling. he's looking like nothing but a run-stuffing DE, which would not have been worthy of a first-round pick. ray edwards is playing pretty well but does not have an arsenal of moves, so his preseason success may not parlay to the speed of the regular season.

teams are picking on ced. griffin. they are passing to his side and running at him and his tackling has been porous. he needs to play better this evening.

winfield is off-the-charts good and reads pass/run better than anybody on the team.

for seattle LT walter jones (seven-time pro bowler) will miss his third consecutive game tonite and SLB julian peterson also is out. the 'hawks plan to play their starters well into the third quarter and coach childress is convinced they will be all out to right the wrongs of that debacle at GB. too, childress is excited to see what erasmus james brings tonite and told me yesterday he was playing "at a very high level when he got hurt last year." you'll hear that back on the pregame interview with brad about 10 min. before the game.

very much looking forward to tonite's tilt.

Him8123
08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
all the games on tonight and not one on cable t.v. I`d have to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch Indy vs. Detroit so I`m renting movies.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 06:51 PM
Yea, Lions might be a reply on NFLN.....set the tivo but didn't look at the time....actually I thought that was live......lemme check.....

Lions game is LIVE on the NFLN.

You are in luck....

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
It seems like the Lions could be a challenge this year.

Bretsky
08-25-2007, 07:11 PM

Explosive offense; and DL that could abuse our OL.

But our WR's should be able to overmatch their secondary if the QB has time.

I think we are slightly better, but neither game will be a given.

Come to think of it, were are not there yet where we can really bank on any game.

Rastak
08-25-2007, 07:12 PM

Explosive offense; and DL that could abuse our OL.

But our WR's should be able to overmatch their secondary if the QB has time.

I think we are slightly better, but neither game will be a given.

Come to think of it, were are not there yet where we can really bank on any game.

I like the Packers better than the Lions......but if that offense outs it together.......ouch....

pack4to84
08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Man 49ers can't tackle.

pack4to84
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
still bears don't do 5 or 7 step drops without playaction

hoosier
08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
I like the Packers better than the Lions......but if that offense outs it together.......ouch....

Not putting it together tonight, but that's probably cuz Kitna's out and JT O'Sullivan's in. Hard to do something with nothing. Williams and Johnson look good Also hard to judge Det's defense too: Indy's unstoppable but that's probably just Indy.

On a side note, Brian Calhoun goes down easier than any running back I've ever seen. I'm glad the Pack didn't draft him.

Him8123
08-25-2007, 08:45 PM
grossman 1 int and 1 fumble again.wow thats shocking

RashanGary
08-25-2007, 08:48 PM

Good to hear.

Bossman641
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Good to hear.

I'm not one to stick up for Grossman but he also had 211 yards and 2 TD on 13/20 passing. So it's not like he stunk up the joint....like he usually does :D

pack4to84
08-25-2007, 10:08 PM

Good to hear.

I'm not one to stick up for Grossman but he also had 211 yards and 2 TD on 13/20 passing. So it's not like he stunk up the joint....like he usually does :Dagainst the 26th rank d of the 49ers