PDA

View Full Version : NFC a TWO TRICK PONY ??

Bretsky
08-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Let's leave GB out of the debate. Who are the Super Bowl contenders from the NFC ?

I've been listening to ESPN radio on this topic several times. Most feel it's Da Bears and the Saints.

Dallas has been the #3 team thrown out most of the time. Today somebody brought up Phily as his #3 team (I debated with another poster that threw them out there as well)

Curious as to who everybody sees from the NFC as candidates to represent us in the Super Bowl.

HarveyWallbangers
08-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if any of these teams won the NFC:

Philadelphia
Chicago
Dallas
New Orleans
Seattle
St. Louis

I'd throw Carolina, San Francisco, and maybe the Packers in a next group of longshots.

Bretsky
08-26-2007, 01:20 PM

Philadelphia
Chicago
Dallas
New Orleans
Seattle
St. Louis

I'd throw Carolina, San Francisco, and maybe the Packers in a next group of longshots.

Seattle would not surprise me either; I hope you are right about the Rams

Joemailman
08-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree with Harvey. I see the NFC as an 8-10 trick pony. With a number of good teams, but no outstanding one, anything can happen. Injuries and special teams play, 2 things really tough to predict, could be really important in determining the winner.

RashanGary
08-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I think the Bears, Packers and Saints. Cowboys and Philly next tier down. Seattle, San Fran next tier. There will probably be some suprises after that.

I think we are right in it this year. I'm giving my pick to the Packers because I follow them but I think we are right at the top of the NFC class. St Louis isn't in the conversation IMO. They have less than zero defense.

MJZiggy
08-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Carolina is seeming to me like they could do something. No real reason to feel that way, just a gut thing. Maybe I just need some antacids...

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 04:27 PM
My pick for the SB all offseason has been Dallas and Sand Diego (which would be a nice home field advantage for the Chargers).

Dallas has a formidable defense, and Tony Romo has studied Favre his entire career, and looks and plays just like him. I think Dallas wins the NFC. BTW, this in not a heart call, I HATE the Dallas Cowboys. By the way, am I the only one sick and tired of having to play against the Cowboys at their house? I swear we've played them once at Lambeau in the last 15 years. I know it has to do with previous seasons records, but jeez.

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 04:27 PM
My pick for the SB all offseason has been Dallas and Sand Diego (which would be a nice home field advantage for the Chargers).

Dallas has a formidable defense, and Tony Romo has studied Favre his entire career, and looks and plays just like him. I think Dallas wins the NFC. BTW, this in not a heart call, I HATE the Dallas Cowboys. By the way, am I the only one sick and tired of having to play against the Cowboys at their house? I swear we've played them once at Lambeau in the last 15 years. I know it has to do with previous seasons records, but jeez.

Bretsky
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
I think the Bears, Packers and Saints. Cowboys and Philly next tier down. Seattle, San Fran next tier. There will probably be some suprises after that.

I think we are right in it this year. I'm giving my pick to the Packers because I follow them but I think we are right at the top of the NFC class. St Louis isn't in the conversation IMO. They have less than zero defense.

Wish I had the spiked Kool Aide to get drunk on; I don't think we are in the second tier. Maybe the third as HW had stated. Maybe

Partial
08-26-2007, 11:40 PM

Philadelphia
Chicago
Dallas
New Orleans
Seattle
St. Louis

Tampa Bay for the next group, too. They're a team that could surprise some people.

BEARMAN
08-27-2007, 12:59 AM
This one is easy ! 8-)

" Da BEARS ! " :tup: :bclap: :bump:

Another round of Kool-Aid, please, ..... :glug:

Spaulding
08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
This one is easy ! 8-)

" Da BEARS ! " :tup: :bclap: :bump:

Another round of Kool-Aid, please, ..... :glug:

Good Wreckx, maybe. A bad Wreckx?? As they say in Vegas "good luck on that."