PDA

View Full Version : Thinking back

pack4to84
08-26-2007, 07:10 PM
I was thinking about when it was reported that A.Rodgers would have been traded for Randy Moss. After watching the preseason. Would you have made that trade if you where TT?

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 08:49 PM
There is no way Moss is worth AR. Especially after the way he seems to have developed mentally and physically this year. He actually looks like a QB that could lead this team into the playoffs. I think AR is playing better than we've ever seen him play before. Maybe studying and holding the clipboard for Favre helps QB's become better players. Think of how many decent to good starters that have benchwarmed behind Favre. To trade for a receiver past his prime for a QB not even in his prime (isn't he still only like 23 or 24?) would've been a horrible move, especially the way our young WR's have looked through preseason.

4and12to12and4
08-26-2007, 09:43 PM
How has Moss looked this preseason, the only thing I've heard is that he hasn't even played. Is that true?

Partial
08-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Looking at things now, no way. Rodgers looks like he'll be alright and Moss is over the hill.

LEWCWA
08-27-2007, 03:44 PM
If the deal could have been done during the draft b4 greenbay picked in the first round Rodgers would have been in Oaktown and Brady Quinn would be wearing Green and Gold!

The Leaper
08-27-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think anyone was really gungho about dumping Rodgers for Moss, except for those who hate Rodgers and would readily trade him for a box of donuts.

4and12to12and4
08-27-2007, 05:10 PM
If the deal could have been done during the draft b4 greenbay picked in the first round Rodgers would have been in Oaktown and Brady Quinn would be wearing Green and Gold!

Interesting. Didn't think about that. I may want to change my vote. I think I would've liked the trade knowing we'd get Quinn. But, the bottom line to that is how well Harrell plays. If he's just another body, Moss and Quinn sound good. If he helps this line be dominant, and makes it virtually impossible for teams to run against us, to hell with Moss. Time will tell.

LL2
08-27-2007, 05:45 PM

That is an interesting point. You will not know the answer for a few years to this one. I say glad we kept Arod. If Moss was in GB would we find out if we got a potential future star in JJ?