PDA

View Full Version : Concussion for Jackson

b bulldog
08-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Just when the Packers running game couldn't afford to get anymore bad news, Packers rookie Brandon Jackson suffered what appears to be a concussion today at practice. His availability against the Titans is in doubt after the grogginess he displayed after practice today. The running game will be the achilles heal of the 2007 Packers imo.

RashanGary
08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Not good. On the bright side, Wynn is back and Morency is a week away. It might be a good idea to carry an extra RB if we only keep two QB's.

b bulldog
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Wynn is a underacheiver! He will be very lucky to be on the roster after all the cuts are made and Morency is average at best. I hope I'm wrong but this was a glarring weakness since camp opened and it still is!

GrnBay007
08-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Where's that nice Mr. Gado these days? :wink:

RashanGary
08-26-2007, 10:19 PM
If the Oline does it's job, we'll be fine. I think they will.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2007, 10:28 PM
If the Oline does it's job, we'll be fine. I think they will.

they still need a good running back. That offensive line is not going to blow defensive lines off the ball.

Well, there's always the fumblerooski play.

b bulldog
08-26-2007, 10:28 PM
An Oline can do much for a back but a back can also make an Oline look better than what it is. We are in trouble at the rb position, plain and simple.

GrnBay007
08-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I want Ahman back!! :(

RashanGary
08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
An Oline can do much for a back but a back can also make an Oline look better than what it is. We are in trouble at the rb position, plain and simple.

I disagree bulldog. I think we'll be OK in the run game.

FritzDontBlitz
08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I hope Teddy T was watching the Denver/Cleveland exhibition game. Denver has a dazzling rookie named Selvin Young who looks better than Jackson or anyone else on the Packers roster AND he's listed as their FIFTH running back on the depth chart:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7087

The guy looked amazingly fast turning the corner, and ran well between the tackles too. He kinda reminded me of a young Ahman Green. The downside is: after a game like the one he had against Cleveland, he won't stay a secret for long.

oh yeah. he can block too.

Bretsky
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I hope Teddy T was watching the Denver/Cleveland exhibition game. Denver has a dazzling rookie named Selvin Young who looks better than Jackson or anyone else on the Packers roster AND he's listed as their FIFTH running back on the depth chart:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7087

The guy looked amazingly fast turning the corner, and ran well between the tackles too. He kinda reminded me of a young Ahman Green. The downside is: after a game like the one he had against Cleveland, he won't stay a secret for long.

oh yeah. he can block too.

Good points; there may be several RB's getting cut that are better prospects that we are keeping. And ZBS would be a plus.

Bossman641
08-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Just when you think things couldn't get worse. So we're down to what, Wynn and White this week? Great.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have low hopes on Wynn. There's a reason a guy gets the label of underachiever. I really think we'll pick up a running back who gets cut elsewhere.

Lurker64
08-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, the fourth preseason game is for letting bubble guys show they deserve a spot. Right now Wynn's not even on the bubble, he'd better be thankful for his opportunity.

Partial
08-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, the fourth preseason game is for letting bubble guys show they deserve a spot. Right now Wynn's not even on the bubble, he'd better be thankful for his opportunity.

He's only still here because they are shorthanded. He's bound to be cut.

Joemailman
08-26-2007, 11:29 PM
I think this strengthens the argument that the Packers will keep 4 RB's. Wynn, White and Herron will be battling on Thursday Night for 2 spots.

Partial
08-26-2007, 11:38 PM
I think this strengthens the argument that the Packers will keep 4 RB's. Wynn, White and Herron will be battling on Thursday Night for 2 spots.

I don't doubt that by any means, but I am not so sure that 4th back comes from the Packers roster.

Lurker64
08-27-2007, 12:03 AM

He's only still here because they are shorthanded. He's bound to be cut.

Ceteris paribus he's absolutely going to get cut, but if he runs for 150 yards against the Titan's first stringers, he won't be. This gives him an opportunity that he should be thankful for.

LL2
08-27-2007, 10:39 AM
All the TT bashers will be out in full force if the running game tanks the first couple of weeks. Seems like some on the OL think the running game will be ok as they are doing vanilla schemes and haven't done cut blocking or anything else. I hope Jackson takes a week to clear his head and breaks out for 120 yds his first game.

Freak Out
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Just when the Packers running game couldn't afford to get anymore bad news, Packers rookie Brandon Jackson suffered what appears to be a concussion today at practice. His availability against the Titans is in doubt after the grogginess he displayed after practice today. The running game will be the achilles heal of the 2007 Packers imo.

Do we know if he has had any concussions in the past?

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2007, 12:12 PM

I don't think Wynn is in shape to do a lot battling. Herron has made the team. White is not good enough for NFL.

FritzDontBlitz
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
well, i had wynn as my pick to be the surprise of the draft. of course, by surprise i meant through his contributions not his inability to stay healthy. has he even suited up to play since the family night game?

getting back to jackson. i was watching the 1st half of the jax game last night. jackson has absolutely no burst around end. looks to me the sack of favre could be attributed to him as well. if you get a chance to watvch a denver exhibition watch out for this selvin young character. i haven't seen a guy with that kind of burst since.....well, since ahman was exploding thru the line on the way to one of his long td runs.....

Merlin
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I like the thoughts of Morency, Jackson, Herron and White in the backfield. Morency is a great ZBS runner although his duribility may come into question. Jackson is learning and will continue to do so. He should have a great season. Herron does what is asked of him and White, he just runs people over and we need that for short yardage.

Fritz
08-27-2007, 02:02 PM
How about Morencey, Jackson, Herron, and somebody else's cut?

wist43
08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
'07 RB = '05 OL

I'm sure Jackson will be fine, but it's a long season, and the cupboard is pretty bare.

Him8123
08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
we definitely need to bring another back in. I thought Corey white had a pretty good outing last game. Allthough it was my first time seeing him in action. Can anybody else say how good he has looked in other games if played at all?

Him8123
08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
also young maybe very good, an uncovered gem. But also Denver has a knack for making any RB look good.

4and12to12and4
08-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, just to cheer things up a little, do you realize that when the Bears got rid of Thomas Jones they left themselves with Benson and Peterson, and after that, their third string RB will be a little fella out of NWU that stands 5'7" and weighs 175 lbs. He looks like Maurice Drew Jones without the strong lower body. So, I think they messed up real good, if either Benson or Adrian go down.

Him8123
08-27-2007, 05:17 PM
very true. I just hope morency has a good year as well as jackson. Morency showed some flashes that he could be pretty decent.

4and12to12and4
08-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Him, you nailed it on the head. The success of our running game will have more to do with this new blocking scheme being successful. We have the young athletes to run it, now they just have to gel. And gel quick.

Bretsky
08-27-2007, 08:22 PM
'07 RB = '05 OL

I'm sure Jackson will be fine, but it's a long season, and the cupboard is pretty bare.

Be more specific

Who is our Adrienne Klemm and who is our Will Whittaker :lol:

Packers4Ever
08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, just to cheer things up a little, do you realize that when the Bears got rid of Thomas Jones they left themselves with Benson and Peterson, and after that, their third string RB will be a little fella out of NWU that stands 5'7" and weighs 175 lbs. He looks like Maurice Drew Jones without the strong lower body. So, I think they messed up real good, if either Benson or Adrian go down.

Thanks, 4and12, that does cheer me up a little just knowing we have
one less menacing RB when we play the Bears, lol....this whole deal of playing short hasn't bothered me all through pre-season,
but now that we have 16 games right ahead, it worries me that we won't be
able to stretch our RBs any thinner.
I've been a TT backer most all the way but how much longer do we have
to stick it out minus the help we need? And I do know the answer to that :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Morency highlights from last year. I love the redesigned NFL.com site. Usually, site redesigns blow. This one is good. You can choose a player, and it will show you any highlight clips it has of that player. The only problem is that it will only give you the four most recent highlights of that player. I wish it gave more.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vernandmorency/profile?id=MOR119103

Partial
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Morency highlights from last year. I love the redesigned NFL.com site. Usually, site redesigns blow. This one is good. You can choose a player, and it will show you any highlight clips it has of that player. The only problem is that it will only give you the four most recent highlights of that player. I wish it gave more.

http://www.nfl.com/players/vernandmorency/profile?id=MOR119103

Everyone should go and watch the 4th clip over (the cardinals clip) of Morency and you'll see why I am not worried about our running game. Jackson is a grind it out guy and Morency is very quick. Watch how fast he hits that hole. Holy moly.

Scott Campbell
08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Nice highlights Harv - thanks!

Partial
08-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Here are two clips of Morency on the same play.

From one angle, it looks like he does most of the work himself. See this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCCz-xlBrQ

Within this clip, we see how fast the OL jumps and how they ZBS works. It looks like the OL does a good job of blocking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSXO3njsmqk

It's very interesting to look at the same clip for different angles. Very eye-opening. That is a great example of a zone block, also.

RashanGary
08-27-2007, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OruQy-X32O0&NR=1

This girl is nuts. LMFAO. . .

I just clicked on that from Partials Mornecy link. What a little nut.

RashanGary
08-27-2007, 11:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8Jre9E5Ws&mode=related&search=

OMG, she is back. The beginning of this is funny as hell.

RashanGary
08-27-2007, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBoQbJ-L61A&mode=related&search=

This girl is a real hit.

Bossman641
08-28-2007, 12:10 AM
'07 RB = '05 OL

Be more specific

Who is our Adrienne Klemm and who is our Will Whittaker :lol:

Well Klemm ran a 5.08 40 going into the draft. Whitticker ran a 5.38 in his 40.

So Herron is obviously Whitticker. Does that mean Morency is Klemm and Jackson is, say, Grey Ruegamer?

There, all cleared up now. :lol:

CaliforniaCheez
08-28-2007, 01:20 AM
With the new NFL attention to brain injuries I'm sure he'll get the best medical attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQgF0pRkjMc

LL2
08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Him, you nailed it on the head. The success of our running game will have more to do with this new blocking scheme being successful. We have the young athletes to run it, now they just have to gel. And gel quick.

I think this is what TT is banking on and why he did nothing to bring in another RB. I think he's hoping we can be like the Broncos. Throw in any RB and off they go to a 1,000 yd season.

Merlin
08-28-2007, 09:50 AM

I thought Adrian Peterson was a Viking? I swear they drafted him in the first round.

SkinBasket
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/P/E/T/PET263012.jpg

Adrian Peterson | #29 | RB

Chicago Bears

Height: 5-10 Weight: 210 Age: 28

Born: 7/1/1979 Gainesville , FL

College: Georgia Southern

Experience: 6th season

Merlin
08-28-2007, 09:58 AM
AH, different Adrian Peterson, I get it. Same Number too.

Merlin
08-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Whoops, MINN AP = #28 I was reading CHI AP's Age.

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2007, 05:02 PM
if you get a chance to watvch a denver exhibition watch out for this selvin young character.

I kept my eye on this cat after you mentioned him. Apparently, the dude has beaten out Mike Bell and Cecil Sapp for the #2 spot for Denver. Sadly, it doesn't look like he'll become available.

Mike Bell might get cut instead. He might be worth looking at--if he gets cut.

vince
08-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Here's another decent looking back that could get cut...

Pierre Thomas (http://www.nfl.com/players/pierrethomas/profile?id=THO085535)