PDA

View Full Version : Lance Briggs crashes car - runs off

digitaldean
08-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Easy to speculate, but maybe ol' Lance may have been DUI? Thankfully, no one hurt.
______
BRIGGS' LAMBORGHINI FOUND CRASHED, ABANDONED

WSCR radio in Chicago reports that a black Lamborghini owned by Bears linebacker Lance Briggs has been found crashed and abandoned.

Briggs reportedly was seen running from the scene of the one-car accident.

Though we don't know whether Illinois law imposes hit-and-run liability for a one-car crash (and we invite any members of the Illinois bar to let us know what the rule is there), Briggs' motivation to leave the scene was greater than was his desire to remain with a car that costs slightly more than the average horseless carriage.

Video of the wrecked car, which Briggs supposedly bought right before the start of training camp, is at - http://wgntv.trb.com/news/local/morningnews/?track=nav.
____

SkinBasket
08-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh I'm sure of his "crew" will take the fall for this. You know, "I went out to get Lance some milk from the corner store and accidentally crashed his $350,000 car because I didn't want to hit a box of kittens and orphans in the road and then I had to split because Lance really wanted his milk."

Patler
08-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, before we jump to conclusions, it could have been stolen and crashed.

Rastak
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM

It hadn't been reported as stolen. Maybe he doesn't keep track of his 350k car......... :shock:

Partial
08-27-2007, 11:56 AM
What type of Lambo was it?

They actually do have a long history of malfunction. They're cheaply built considering the cost. They don't even use stainless steel screws anywhere.

http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghini_murcielago_crash.html

very eye-opening site as many have died because of similiar problems that go unfixed.

MJZiggy
08-27-2007, 11:58 AM

They actually do have a long history of malfunction. They're cheaply built considering the cost. They don't even use stainless steel screws anywhere.

very eye-opening site as many have died because of similiar problems that go unfixed.

Malfunction, sure, but then why did he run?

Partial
08-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Malfunction, sure, but then why did he run?

Touche. Plus most of the malfunctions come at high enough speeds that people aren't walking away.

Patler
08-27-2007, 12:03 PM

It hadn't been reported as stolen. Maybe he doesn't keep track of his 350k car......... :shock:

Do we know that?

My point was it could have been stolen, crashed and found by the cops before Briggs even knew it was gone. Reporters are so anxious to get stories out that they do little checking before they publish. I tend to wait at least a day before I start guessing what might have happened.

FritzDontBlitz
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/529891,lambo082707.article

local coverage as of noon cst.

LL2
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
The news I saw said it was run into a pole on 94 going north by the Devon exit...I wonder if it's still there and I can take and fix it up for a quick buck.

BEARMAN
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
The only thing running off is your mouth, ... :evil:

No DUI, No running off, No charges (yet).
"IF" any are filed, they are mistormeanors(sp) and maybe a small fine, so what ! Quit :beat:

Scott Campbell
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM

"IF" any are filed, they are mistormeanors(sp) and maybe a small fine, so what ! Quit :beat:

The wheels might be coming off more than the Lamborghini.

BallHawk

Spoke too soon.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2992847

Charges are failure to give immediate notice of an accident and improper lane usage.

MadtownPacker

"IF" any are filed, they are mistormeanors(sp) and maybe a small fine, so what ! Quit :beat:The good ole commish doesnt seem to give a shit about the "crime". If he feels like laying down the hammer then that is how it is gonna be.

Of course if you where really a cop you would not be defending his illegal actions.

Come to think of it, you probably are one since they (law enforcement) only seem to protect their own!!! :x

Packnut
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Well this piece of garbage learned how to screw the system. He crashes his car and runs away cause he's loaded. THAT is the ONLY freakin reason you run. So now he gets a few minor charges and avoids the hammer from the commish.

There is no other reason on earth why you would crash a $350,000 car and then RUN away. Anyone saying he was'nt drinking is a liar or a fool........

CaliforniaCheez
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
I am reminded of Adam Timmerman.

When he signed his first contract he bought a piece of farm machinery for the family farm. The boys in the locker room were laughing at him.

After a fine career starting over 200 consecutive games who is laughing now.

Character matters.

Zool
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM

OK Before I thought you were actually dumb. You might have just tipped your hand with this spelling error. A cop would know how to spell misdemeanor.

I call BS on these spelling issues.

:bs2:

Freak Out
08-28-2007, 11:20 AM

OK Before I thought you were actually dumb. You might have just tipped your hand with this spelling error. A cop would know how to spell misdemeanor.

I call BS on these spelling issues.

:bs2:

He could be a stupid cop. There are loads of them out there.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
He did it because he was drunk. He apparently will get away with it. Any cop could see through this.

Briggs: I panicked, reported car stolen

LAKE FOREST, Ill - Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs said he panicked after he crashed his new Lamborghini along a highway early Monday morning and initially reported his car stolen after abandoning the mangled vehicle.

Briggs, speaking to reporters after practice on Tuesday, said he called a tow truck after leaving the scene and then reported his car was stolen.

"When it happened, the first thing I did was, obviously, I panicked," Briggs said. "I didn't want there to be a big scene there. And so I left the scene. When I left, I called the tow truck. I also was startled, and I called to report that my car was stolen. Within probably 10 minutes, I called back and accepted responsibility for what I did because it was ridiculous in the first place."

Illinois police found the abandoned vehicle, which had hit a light pole and a concrete bridge support, alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side around 3:15 a.m.

Partial
08-28-2007, 02:39 PM
^ Yep. Anyone who doesn't see this is ignorant. He saw his 7.9 or however many millions flash before his eyes and he bolted. Ultimately it was probably a smart move for his bank account.

oregonpackfan
08-28-2007, 03:27 PM

Darn you, Partial!

I was just about to take out a second mortgage on the family home to buy a new Lamborghini. Now, my wife won't let me buy it! :)

Partial
08-28-2007, 03:38 PM

Darn you, Partial!

I was just about to take out a second mortgage on the family home to buy a new Lamborghini. Now, my wife won't let me buy it! :)

:lol: but its a good thing for your wife and kids!! We like you here and don't want to be reading about OPF's lambo malfunction in the newspapers.

SkinBasket
08-28-2007, 08:16 PM
He did it because he was drunk. He apparently will get away with it. Any cop could see through this.

Briggs: I panicked, reported car stolen

LAKE FOREST, Ill - Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs said he panicked after he crashed his new Lamborghini along a highway early Monday morning and initially reported his car stolen after abandoning the mangled vehicle.

Briggs, speaking to reporters after practice on Tuesday, said he called a tow truck after leaving the scene and then reported his car was stolen.

"When it happened, the first thing I did was, obviously, I panicked," Briggs said. "I didn't want there to be a big scene there. And so I left the scene. When I left, I called the tow truck. I also was startled, and I called to report that my car was stolen. Within probably 10 minutes, I called back and accepted responsibility for what I did because it was ridiculous in the first place."

Illinois police found the abandoned vehicle, which had hit a light pole and a concrete bridge support, alongside the Edens Expressway on the city's North Side around 3:15 a.m.

I, for one, would like to see filing a false report added to the charges. That's kinda serious shit to be telling the cops that someone ganked your $350,000 car. I don't care if your agent told you 10 minutes later to call again and tell them it wasn't stolen, you're a drunk liar who can't even drive worth a shit.

MadtownPacker
08-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Filing a false report should be added for sure. Some scumbag bear loving cop is behind all this crap.