PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS CHAMBERS AVAILABLE!!! and other WRs.

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 07:48 PM
POSTED 8:32 p.m. EDT, August 28, 2007

PASS-CATCHERS AVAILABLE FOR PEANUTS

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a trio of Florida receivers are available to any interested takers.

Specifically Reggie Williams of the Jaguars, Michael Clayton of the Bucs, and Chris Chambers of the Dolphins are on the block.

But Schefter says that no serious talks have occurred regarding any of the three, which means that all three of them are in danger of being released on or before Saturday. Chambers, a second-round pick in 2001, has been the best of the three. Clayton and Williams were first-round picks in 2004. Williams was the No. 9 overall pick; Clayton was No. 15.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Many of you want to see Chris Chambers in a Packers' uniform, well, here is your chance. I strongly believe that TT should go after him and a vet. RB. Then, maybe our offense will have some punch. But we all know how this story is going to end. TT will sit on his hands and wait, and wait, and wait for the young guys to develop. Listen, I like James Jones too (and Greg Jennings) but with DD not being 100% and JJ being a rookie, Chambers would improve our receiving corp and give us a deep threat.

Spaulding
08-28-2007, 07:57 PM
If he's released - DEFINITELY. If they want to trade him for a draft choice, not so much given the players we already have at WR. Then again if they needed a kicker (which they evidently don't) - Rayner would Chambers would be sweet.

Joemailman
08-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I would want to know 2 things. First, what is wrong with Chambers that Miami doesn't want him? Second, what are they asking for him?

cheesner
08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
If he is cut, yes, bring him in. Anyone know why the Fins are willing to get rid of him? They don't have much receiving talent, just look at their starting TE.

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
If he is cut, yes, bring him in. Anyone know why the Fins are willing to get rid of him? They don't have much receiving talent, just look at their starting TE.

God knows we have the cap room to absorb a salary like Chambers. Honestly, this would be rough.

What if TT had the stones to go get Chambers ???

My Badger love and my Stoneless Turtle Mojo would certainly clash like Satan on one shoulder and an angel on the other.

Would I begin to like the Snapper ?

Ah, regardless, it'll never happen.

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
God, it is sooooooooo depressing to know that ANY TIME a player that isnt a rookie free agent gets cut or is available via trade, Ted Thompson WILL NOT get involved. He is always saying that he is looking to improve the roster but I can't believe that he really believes that. It would be exciting to have a GM that actually got involved in aquiring players outside of the draft. I am very depressed about the Pack right now.

How can TT believe that:

1. We have ANYTHING special at RB? How has he not improved this position?

2. Our offense scares anyone? Adding a guy like Chris Chambers would not only add some juice to our O but how happy would it make Favre? He wanted some vet. help.

BUT IN THE END, TT will do nothing. Very depressing!

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I would be more excited if these were TE's or RB's on the block, WR is in a lot better shape then those positions.

Fritz
08-28-2007, 08:40 PM
"ANY TIME a player that isnt a rookie free agent gets cut or is available via trade, Ted Thompson WILL NOT get involved."

Umm, GBPackFan, Vernand Morency was neither a rookie free agent, nor was he cut, and he was available via trade. You may not think much of that deal, but if you're going to capitalize ANY TIME, you might want to be sure.

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 08:42 PM
"ANY TIME a player that isnt a rookie free agent gets cut or is available via trade, Ted Thompson WILL NOT get involved."

Umm, GBPackFan, Vernand Morency was neither a rookie free agent, nor was he cut, and he was available via trade. You may not think much of that deal, but if you're going to capitalize ANY TIME, you might want to be sure.

Go ahead a nit-pick my statement if it makes you feel better. The fact remains that TT has done a HORRIBLE job improving our RB position. One could argue that we have taken a giant step back. But your right, TT did trade for an injury prone RB. NICE JOB!

Guiness
08-28-2007, 08:50 PM
CC, eh? That's a surprise. He was certainly their #1 or #2 last year. I wonder what's going on with that.

I can't believe Clayton and Williams are on their way out...that draft class was heavy with WR's at the top, and with 4 taken in the first 15 picks. Half of those can pretty much be classified as busts. Wow.

Clayton has shown flashes. I certainly wouldn't mind if the Pack had a look at him.

Fritz
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM

Go ahead a nit-pick my statement if it makes you feel better. The fact remains that TT has done a HORRIBLE job improving our RB position. One could argue that we have taken a giant step back. But your right, TT did trade for an injury prone RB. NICE JOB!

All I'm saying is that if you're going to capitalize those words, then you might want to check that they are factual. If you call paying attention to the truth "nit-picking," then I'm not sure what to say. I like a variety of opinions, and I enjoy reading those opinions. But I just don't care for blanket statements presented as fact if those statements are not fact. You can't have an intelligent discussion that way.

As for your general opinion that TT has done a lousy job in the running back department, well, you may well be right. I think it's a little early to say, but it doesn't look too promising at the moment. I'm just thinking that the running game might not be really good, but could be just good enough.

Lurker64
08-28-2007, 08:52 PM
If you're trying to sign one of these guys, I'm not sure what you tell him. "Well, we wouldn't put you ahead of Driver, and we really like our two young guys to contribute this year. Would you like to take the place of Ruvell Martin?"

A team that can promise a legitimate shot at the #1 receiver spot, like the Vikings did with Ferguson, has a much better chance of picking up one of these guys than we do.

Then again, if the Driver injury is serious, we could offer a legitimate shot at #1...

Fritz
08-28-2007, 08:56 PM
If you're trying to sign one of these guys, I'm not sure what you tell him. "Well, we wouldn't put you ahead of Driver, and we really like our two young guys to contribute this year. Would you like to take the place of Ruvell Martin?"

A team that can promise a legitimate shot at the #1 receiver spot, like the Vikings did with Ferguson, has a much better chance of picking up one of these guys than we do.

Then again, if the Driver injury is serious, we could offer a legitimate shot at #1...

Did the Vikes really promise Fergy a shot at the #1 spot? Dang, that's whacked. Poor Rastak. Fergy a #1 receiver? Man, maybe Carlton Brewster ought to head west. He could be their #2.

Lurker64
08-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Did the Vikes really promise Fergy a shot at the #1 spot? Dang, that's whacked. Poor Rastak. Fergy a #1 receiver? Man, maybe Carlton Brewster ought to head west. He could be their #2.

That was, as I understand it, the reason he chose Mn ahead of Houston. I mean, to be the #1 receiver in Minny he just needs to outproduce Bobby Wade and hope Troy Williamson isn't 300% better than he was last year.

Him8123
08-28-2007, 09:07 PM
I have mixed emotions about that, yea it would be great to have CC to have that security blanket. if for some God forsaken reason Driver gets injured (and I pray everynight he doesn`t). But I think JJ and Jennings have a tremendous upside with holliday and Martin backing them I like the recieving core we got they just need more time. But on the other hand Chambers would be a nice fit. Plus remember there`s still a chance K-Rob could come back. are we gonna have 6 or 7 recievers?? or would TT have to let go Martin or Holliday??

Fritz
08-28-2007, 09:10 PM

That was, as I understand it, the reason he chose Mn ahead of Houston. I mean, to be the #1 receiver in Minny he just needs to outproduce Bobby Wade and hope Troy Williamson isn't 300% better than he was last year.

It's just making me shake my head to think that there's an NFL team that could conceivably line up with Robert Ferguson as its #1 receiver.

Wow.

b bulldog
08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I guess I wasn't so off target a few months back when I stated that while CC is better than fergy, he is far from being a top notch WR and with hindsight, the best thing we should have done was pass on both players. That being said, I would bring him in but only if we could get him for next to nothing. I do like our WR corp.i

Harlan Huckleby
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Man, I can't believe more than half of you would trade for a declining WR.

This team has much bigger holes.

Lurker64
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
It's just making me shake my head to think that there's an NFL team that could conceivably line up with Robert Ferguson as its #1 receiver.

Wow.

Just think of our RB and TE situation and realize that the Vikings have a similar situation at Wide Receiver and Quarterback.

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 09:16 PM

All I'm saying is that if you're going to capitalize those words, then you might want to check that they are factual. If you call paying attention to the truth "nit-picking," then I'm not sure what to say. I like a variety of opinions, and I enjoy reading those opinions. But I just don't care for blanket statements presented as fact if those statements are not fact. You can't have an intelligent discussion that way.

As for your general opinion that TT has done a lousy job in the running back department, well, you may well be right. I think it's a little early to say, but it doesn't look too promising at the moment. I'm just thinking that the running game might not be really good, but could be just good enough.

No offense buddy, I could care less if you approve of the way I put together my posts. If you don't find them intelligent, then just don't respond. Spare me the lecture. Thanks.

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Fritz,

As for my last post, I am NOT trying to start something (see the caps :D ). Really, I am just upset with TT and his poor planning at the RB position. Lecture me all you want, I don't care.

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I guess I wasn't so off target a few months back when I stated that while CC is better than fergy, he is far from being a top notch WR and with hindsight, the best thing we should have done was pass on both players. That being said, I would bring him in but only if we could get him for next to nothing. I do like our WR corp.i

Your evidence is a report from the NFL network that something might happen ?
Well, that's a better source of information than the statistical numbers so go with it.

You should worship Chambers Bull; as a Wolverine worshipper you should remember he missed a pass in the corner of the end zone that most likely would have led to a Badger upset over the Great Blue

Truth is Chambers had a DUI, his character is being questioned, and he has a fat contract.

The talent is still there; he's make a great compliment to Driver

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Offensive weapons; those who want to win now and know we are very short of them would welcome the addition of Chambers

b bulldog
08-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Talent, I wouldn't start him over Jones. CC had two strong years, overrated!!!!Like most UW NFL skill players :lol:

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Talent, I wouldn't start him over Jones. CC had two strong years, overrated!!!!Like most UW NFL skill players :lol:

Are there any Michigan offensive skill players in the NFL ?? :?: :?:

Harlan Huckleby
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't think Chris Chambers would make the difference if they don't have TE's and RB's.

How much would you want to mortgage to get him?

I didn't read this thread, but I suppose the theory is that he comes cheap on a short term contract, the usual battle cry.

OK, go ahead and sign him, see what I care.

oregonpackfan
08-28-2007, 09:25 PM
I would want to know 2 things. First, what is wrong with Chambers that Miami doesn't want him? Second, what are they asking for him?

Very good points, Joe. I especially wonder why Miami is willing to part with a veteran WR with the regular season right around the corner.

BallHawk
08-28-2007, 09:26 PM

What do you define horrible as?

I can understand the view point that TT has not improved the RB position, as some see fit. If you look at it objectively, he brought in a decent RB in Morency and came out ahead in that trade. He's also bought a rookie RB that has the potential to be a 1,000 yard rusher in the future. I think most people agree that Jackson, over time, does have the talent to be a starting RB.

RB is our Achilles' heel, as of now. It could turn for the better in the future, it also could take a turn for the worse.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but, IMO, I find the sarcasm unnecessary and obnoxious. It can be witty at times, but if it's used over and over again, it gets repetitive and boring.

We're all concerned about the RB position. None of us will know until the seaon. Only time will tell.

b bulldog
08-28-2007, 09:26 PM
They are just as bad, actually where they have been drafted, worse but I'll hang my hat on the QB from New England.

b bulldog
08-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I'll give you credit for that comeback, you got me! :(

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:30 PM

Two years ??

In Six Seasons

He's had 7 or more TD's in four of the six seasons
He's averaged just over 7 TD's per season
He's averaged just under 900 yards per season
He's averaged 14 yards per catch
He's a deep threat with leaping ability

He's had terrible QB's throwing to him

I don't think he's superstar talent; but IO your generalizations about him are ignorant.

Maybe your anti Badger bias comes from the fear that we kick your tails this year ? :wink:

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't think Chris Chambers would make the difference if they don't have TE's and RB's.

How much would you want to mortgage to get him?

I didn't read this thread, but I suppose the theory is that he comes cheap on a short term contract, the usual battle cry.

OK, go ahead and sign him, see what I care.

Yes, the battle cry will be get him for free or for cheap; after all we don't have much cap space for this year. Only 13,000,000 :lol:

I'd sure hate it if the Queens found a way to get him

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I'll give you credit for that comeback, you got me! :(

DANG I forgot about Brady; you did get me there too :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
I'd sure hate it if the Queens found a way to get him

except it would be delicious to see him go mano-a-mano with Fergy

b bulldog
Once in a while even a blind badger can find his burrow. You won't kick blues butt although Bucky should beat them. I'm picking the badgers to win the conference with OSt taking second. Carr is awful!!!!!

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Once in a while even a blind badger can find his burrow. You won't kick blues butt although Bucky should beat them. I'm picking the badgers to win the conference with OSt taking second. Carr is awful!!!!!

Yes, we do need to keep Carr there; kind of like old Wayne Fontes. He's very valuable to the rest of the Big Ten :lol:

b bulldog
08-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Take 05 out of CC's numbers and he is not very spectacular. He is basicly a 55 catch guy that will get you around 800-850 yards per year. I guess he is slightly above average. I think I might steer clear of him after looking at him if he wants any $$ at all.

b bulldog
08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
831 per year and 58 receptions per year.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Take 05 out of CC's numbers and he is not very spectacular. He is basicly a 55 catch guy that will get you around 800-850 yards per year. I guess he is slightly above average. I think I might steer clear of him after looking at him if he wants any $$ at all.

Take the best year out of any players numbers and of course there will be a drop in his numbers. CC is good player with the ability to be DD good with the right QB.

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 09:51 PM

I can understand the view point that TT has not improved the RB position, as some see fit. If you look at it objectively, he brought in a decent RB in Morency and came out ahead in that trade. He's also bought a rookie RB that has the potential to be a 1,000 yard rusher in the future. I think most people agree that Jackson, over time, does have the talent to be a starting RB.

RB is our Achilles' heel, as of now. It could turn for the better in the future, it also could take a turn for the worse.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but, IMO, I find the sarcasm unnecessary and obnoxious. It can be witty at times, but if it's used over and over again, it gets repetitive and boring.

We're all concerned about the RB position. None of us will know until the seaon. Only time will tell.

I find the lack of a decent RB on this team unnecessary and obnoxious. I also find terms like "potential and "only time will tell" obnoxious. I'm not taking a shot at you, really I'm not, but my attitude isn't going to change unless TT brings in a PROVEN vet. at RB. I understand that LT wasn't available but there are options. A trade could be made. But TT would rather sit on his draft picks and yes, they MAY get better but not while Brett Favre is here. We need offensive playmakers in the worst way. Even Brett knows it and he has way more inside knowledge then any of us. Our running game is a joke and TT is to blame.

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:51 PM

And why are you ignoring 2005 ? Besides trying to doctor the stats :wink:

Chambers will get paid by someone.

That is why TT will not get into the running if he's cut and unrestricted. So you'll be happy.

Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if he gets cut. If he does it'll be a based on his contract; not on his NFL talent

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 09:52 PM

Take the best year out of any players numbers and of course there will be a drop in his numbers. CC is good player with the ability to be DD good with the right QB.

I couldn't agree more. Opposite DD and with Favre as his QB, Chambers would be a great weapon. Look at the QBs he has had to work with. Come on!

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 09:54 PM

I couldn't agree more. Opposite DD and with Favre as his QB, Chambers would be a great weapon. Look at the QBs he has had to work with. Come on!

Acquiring Chambers would take Stones; not in TT world this year IMO

Patler
08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
God, it is sooooooooo depressing to know that ANY TIME a player that isnt a rookie free agent gets cut or is available via trade, Ted Thompson WILL NOT get involved. He is always saying that he is looking to improve the roster but I can't believe that he really believes that. It would be exciting to have a GM that actually got involved in aquiring players outside of the draft. I am very depressed about the Pack right now.

Your contempt for TT causes you to forget what he has done. I'm not suggesting these guys are great, by any means, but in two seasons (since we don't know yet what he will do in 2007) at least the following veterans were acquired via trades or after being released:

Koren Robinson
Rod Gardner
Donald Lee
Vernand Morrency
Brandon Miree
Robert Thomas
Reshard Lee
Mookie Moore
Tyson Walter
Todd Franz
Todd Bauman

Three former 1st round picks KR, Gardner and Thomas), Miree and Thomas became starters, Lee might be. Again, we have only two years to look at here, because the "cuts" are just now happening and possible trades crop up at cutdown time as well.

Others like Ruvell Martin, Holiday, etc were not in their first NFL years, but had not been on active rosters in earlier years. I think the same applied to Gado.

Again, I'm not saying TT has done a top notch job, but it is not an area he has totally ignored either.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2007, 10:02 PM

I agree, I don't see TT doing this. I'm not sure how I feel about this myself, do we trade for a WR and strengthen a position that while is not weak, could use a player of CC caliber? Like I said earlier, I wish this were TE’s and RB's on the block instead of a WR.

Patler
08-28-2007, 10:03 PM

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him get Chambers if he is released, or available fairly cheap. But who gets released then, Martin or Holiday? Or do you keep both with only two QBs on the 53 man roster?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2007, 10:06 PM
If were talking 5th round picks and lower then I think it is well worth it. It becomes questionable if the price is to high.

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2007, 10:07 PM
I've maintained that Chambers is solid, but not as good as Bretsky thinks he is.
:duel:

I wouldn't mind him on my team though. I have a hard time believing Miami would cut him. If they did, I'm not sure how interested he'd be in Green Bay. We have Driver and two good, young receivers. He might be more interested in Minnesota's situation.

I don't mind going with Driver-Jennings-Jones either. That could be a nice threesome in the very near future.

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 10:07 PM

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him get Chambers if he is released, or available fairly cheap. But who gets released then, Martin or Holiday? Or do you keep both with only two QBs on the 53 man roster?

2 QB's
1 on Practice Squad

Driver
Chambers
Jennings
Jones
Martin
Holiday (#5/#6 WR and #3 QB)

But honestly Patler, do you see TT making a run at Chambers ? From my vantage point acquiring a player like Chambers and allowing a young guy to slowly develop seems pretty anti TT like.

Win now Baby !

Bretsky
08-28-2007, 10:09 PM
I've maintained that Chambers is solid, but not as good as Bretsky thinks he is.
:duel:

I wouldn't mind him on my team though. I have a hard time believing Miami would cut him. If they did, I'm not sure how interested he'd be in Green Bay. We have Driver and two good, young receivers. He might be more interested in Minnesota's situation.

I don't mind going with Driver-Jennings-Jones either. That could be a nice threesome in the very near future.

The Badger fan outjousts a Buckeye fan most of the time ....lol

TT would almost have to trade for him to get him, and I don't see TT giving up a draft pick. Without the trade I'd bet Chambers would choose to go elsewhere.

My guess, with that contract, is he could be had for a 5th round pick. We have the cap space.

Pipe Dreams IMO

packers11
08-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't like this idea, something is wrong in this situation... Miami doesn't have the strongest WR corps...

Also this means that Jones with be the #4 receiver and hardly see the field...

The upcoming and improving players like Holiday/Martin would not see field at all...

I say... PASS...

TRADE FOR A RB/TE INSTEAD :!:

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM

Your contempt for TT causes you to forget what he has done. I'm not suggesting these guys are great, by any means, but in two seasons (since we don't know yet what he will do in 2007) at least the following veterans were acquired via trades or after being released:

Koren Robinson
Rod Gardner
Donald Lee
Vernand Morrency
Brandon Miree
Robert Thomas
Reshard Lee
Mookie Moore
Tyson Walter
Todd Franz
Todd Bauman

Three former 1st round picks KR, Gardner and Thomas), Miree and Thomas became starters, Lee might be. Again, we have only two years to look at here, because the "cuts" are just now happening and possible trades crop up at cutdown time as well.

Others like Ruvell Martin, Holiday, etc were not in their first NFL years, but had not been on active rosters in earlier years. I think the same applied to Gado.

Again, I'm not saying TT has done a top notch job, but it is not an area he has totally ignored either.

Koren Robinson - Drunk
Rod Gardner - BUST
Donald Lee - Above average
Vernand Morrency - unknown, but appears to be injury prone.
Brandon Miree - Lost his starting spot to a rookie LB!
Robert Thomas - BUST
Reshard Lee - BUST
Mookie Moore - BUST
Tyson Walter - BUST
Todd Franz - BUST
Todd Bauman - BUST

That's quite a list there!

gbpackfan
08-28-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't like this idea, something is wrong in this situation... Miami doesn't have the strongest WR corps...

The upcoming and improving players like Holiday/Martin would not see field at all...

I say... PASS...

I would rather see a RB traded for too but this team needs offensive playmakers. I am wondering if Miami isnt cleaning house and starting over. Dumping all the high priced guys, like TT did with Sharper and Wahle, and building from the ground up.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2007, 10:20 PM

I say... PASS...

So what if Jones or Jennings is are forth WR. They can still get better playing behind two good vets. And as you can see with Driver injuries happen, nothing wrong with a little depth if the price is right.

But I agree, I wish we were talking TE or RB.

Harlan Huckleby
08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
I'd do a deal if they throw-in David Martin

Patler
08-28-2007, 10:35 PM

Well, Chambers was arrested on a DUI charge this summer. Could there be an underlying problem bigger than the single arrest?

Partial
08-28-2007, 10:41 PM
You don't trade for the guy because he doesn't have a lot of value to your team because he isn't any different from a Greg Jennings guy.

He'd be a solid #2 or #3 but you don't give up more than like a 5th for that imo. Especially after he got a dui.

Patler
08-28-2007, 10:46 PM

Koren Robinson
Rod Gardner
Donald Lee
Vernand Morrency
Brandon Miree
Robert Thomas
Reshard Lee
Mookie Moore
Tyson Walter
Todd Franz
Todd Bauman

Koren Robinson - Drunk
Rod Gardner - BUST
Robert Thomas - BUST
Reshard Lee - BUST
Mookie Moore - BUST
Tyson Walter - BUST
Todd Franz - BUST
Todd Bauman - BUST

Whenever you sign someones rejects, which most waived players are, you will get little in return. Do you really expect him to get all pros or long term starters off the waiver wire on a routine basis? Those types of players are generally temporary fill ins to improve a spot temporarily. Thomas and Miree did that, both became starters for the Packers the year they were claimed. Lee, possibly too, so TT effectively used the waiver wire, other teams cut players, to improve his team that year. If the next year he is able to find still better player, so much the better. After all, the idea is to continue to improve. He improved by getting them. He improved still more by replacing them.

Guiness
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM

You're right, but you take any opportunity you can to improve a position. If CC is better than what we've got, you go get him.

I like the idea of grooming 'the next guy' too, but Jennings, JJ, Holiday and Martin are first and second year players. I like all of them, but do we really want to bring along 4 guys at a time? I'd rather see another vet in there.

superfan
08-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Koren Robinson - Drunk
Rod Gardner - BUST
Robert Thomas - BUST
Reshard Lee - BUST
Mookie Moore - BUST
Tyson Walter - BUST
Todd Franz - BUST
Todd Bauman - BUST

If anything, this list seems to support the argument for building through the draft. Tough to find anything when dumpster diving through other team's castoffs. Sure, you might find a rusty blender that still works when you plug it in, but you will also find an awful lot of trash.

superfan
08-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Chambers for a 5th (I'm assuming we are just throwing out random possibilities at this point) seems like a no brainer. Plenty of cap space available, and you can't have enough depth at the receiver position - I remember a couple years ago Antonio Chatman getting far more targets than I would like to see. Jennings missed considerable time last year, and Driver has missed games over the last couple years and has already had a scare this year.

If you get Chambers and the receiver corps remains healthy, the talent at WR should allow the coaches to open up the offense more, which can create some tough mismatches for defenses. And it can help cover up the weakness at the tight end position. And the more teams have to focus on the passing game, the more it should open up the running game.

Might have to cut Ruvell Martin, but he certainly isn't at Chambers' level now, and I'm not confident that he ever could be.

And if we are somehow able to get him for a 5th, it's not like we won't have a 5th round pick next year, since TT would find a way to get three 5ths for our 3rd round pick. :roll:

Guiness
08-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Lots of talk about his big contract, but does anyone know off-hand if he has a large annual salary, or did he get a big signing bonus? 'cause if it's the later, Miami takes the hit

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Lots of talk about his big contract, but does anyone know off-hand if he has a large annual salary, or did he get a big signing bonus? 'cause if it's the later, Miami takes the hit

this just sounds like fools gold. Too good to be true.

I don't believe that Chamber is
1 healthy
2 more talented than what we got in Jennings, Jones
3 affordable
and
4 Miami is willing to part with him and, potentially, take a cap hit.

Doesn't make sense

Rastak
08-29-2007, 05:58 AM

He's not the #1 reciever. Geez, I can make stuff up too.....

Lurker64
08-29-2007, 08:27 AM

Nobody ever said he was. What I said, which is echoing what was reported on KFAN was that the reason he chose the Minnesota job was that he was offered an opportunity to win the #1 job, which he was not offered in Houston. He's been with the team 1 week, he clearly isn't the #1 guy yet.

Rastak
08-29-2007, 08:32 AM

Nobody ever said he was. What I said, which is echoing what was reported on KFAN was that the reason he chose the Minnesota job was that he was offered an opportunity to win the #1 job, which he was not offered in Houston. He's been with the team 1 week, he clearly isn't the #1 guy yet.

No, he was offered a chance to play. Houston wanted him to run with the scout team before deciding to do anything. Minnesota said, we'll put you in the rotation right away. I guess anytime you are on the field you have the opportunity to win the #1 job, even if it is highly unlikely.

woodbuck27
08-29-2007, 09:21 AM

How can TT believe that:

1. We have ANYTHING special at RB? How has he not improved this position?

2. Our offense scares anyone? Adding a guy like Chris Chambers would not only add some juice to our O but how happy would it make Favre? He wanted some vet. help.

BUT IN THE END, TT will do nothing. Very depressing!

If you are looking at the situation in Green Bay with frustration, that's related to really nothing for our 'O', and that clearly on the shoulders of our GM? Ted Thompson?? I

If your confused about the strange manner in which TT acts as our GM?

It makes it easier to understand, if and only if, you realize that TT only has one primary agenda. That is to ensure the wish's of others Other people. that don't represent the best interests of Packer fans in terms of being a winner or competitive amongst the best teams in the NFL.

As Packer fans. . the cheat is in.

It only appears that TT's primary agenda is based on:

Fiscal restraint or CAP management and establishing the TT train (his team) and only again, if one relates to and supports the other.

The primary objective(the BIG cash-in) is to re-coup all the money afforded to Favre. TT can't do that (or retire Favre) and give Favre an offense.

Favre is the most frustrated person always in all of Packerdom and that frustration is by design and with purpose.

SO.

No weapons beyond what Brett Favre had before TT and less and less for the table as Favre persists in delaying his exit.

Thus we have to deal with Ahman Green's exit this season without any REAL RESPONSE on behalf of our GM,Ted Thompson. We have to deal with the obvious deceits and or stupidity (slash) incompetence we obseve in TT as he doodles under the direction of. . . his commands ideals and wishs.

I really believe that until TT's boss issues to him a different agenda that his hands are tied. Nothing else makes any clear sense to me.

Why else would his ways persist as the GM of the Green Bay Packers? Most of our best players arrived before TT. That core of players with the additions we all knew that we needed on our offense could have served notice again in the NFL.

We only needed TT to step up and do his job.

So why has he maybe moreso this off season, than in his previous two off season's acted like he's not in the game? Why. . . in the face of his "he wants to win in 2007" have we had to endure his non-chalent - no show - carte blance approach, almost with a shrug?

He can't possibly be as stupid as he looks and be hired to manage one of the most noteable organizations in all of Pro sports.

It's so frustrating to those of us that own pride properly and love our Packers. Packer fans that just can't hide our heads in the sand as exposed as we are to the embarassment and deceit that underlies any Packer possible good fortunes.Packer fans that really see other Packer fans trust and believe in the ways and strengths of a GM that is clearly corrupted or incompetent.

As Packer fans we are being deceived and billed for a poor field of goods. As Packer fans we are mocked and suffer embarassment for our trials as mere observers of overall and in our faces mismanagement.

Lurker64
08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
We should really get [conspiracytheory] tags for Woodbuck, so that nobody is confused by his rants.

PackerBlues
08-29-2007, 09:44 AM
It's simply not Thompsons style to pick up a player like Chambers. Chambers is proven talent. He is a veteran Offensive weapon. He has a history of making big plays. Why in the world would Thompson want someone like that? :roll:

If Thompson were to make any trade, or pick up any free agent at this point, I am pretty sure that it would not be an Offensive weapon. That would not be Teds style at all. If anything, I would expect the jerk to pick up another DT long before he bothered with a veteran WR or RB (TE anyone?).

I would love to have Chambers on the team. Give the rookies even more reason to push themselves to get better. I just do not see it happening though. Teddy has been around long enough now, that a pattern has developed in regards to his acquiring players. You see, whenever you or I feel that it would make sense to pick up a proven Offensive weapon, Teddy will always piss you off by signing someone at a position that is already strong, or, he picks up cheap bargain bin players. A guy like Chambers has far to much talent for Thompson to consider, it would require Thompson to negotiate a contract, and as we all know, Teddy just does not have it in him to negotiate a contract with a big name player without fucking it up.

woodbuck27
08-29-2007, 09:49 AM

No offense buddy, I could care less if you approve of the way I put together my posts. If you don't find them intelligent, then just don't respond. Spare me the lecture. Thanks.

Hang in there, as before too much longer, even the TT deluded KLAN will have to face reality. The writing is clearly on the wall now.

The real concern for me, or problem I'm served with as a Packer fan looking ahead, is that TT may well be the anti-scapegoat. :)

We may have two more and then two - three more year's after that to suffer him as reward for his successful takedown.

The only strippers and nothing else, better than TT are in Vegas.

Merlin
08-29-2007, 09:55 AM

I find the lack of a decent RB on this team unnecessary and obnoxious. I also find terms like "potential and "only time will tell" obnoxious. I'm not taking a shot at you, really I'm not, but my attitude isn't going to change unless TT brings in a PROVEN vet. at RB. I understand that LT wasn't available but there are options. A trade could be made. But TT would rather sit on his draft picks and yes, they MAY get better but not while Brett Favre is here. We need offensive playmakers in the worst way. Even Brett knows it and he has way more inside knowledge then any of us. Our running game is a joke and TT is to blame.

Enough with the obnoxious bashing. Facts are facts. 3T traded for Morency and I agree it was a good trade for it's intended purpose. Morency was a good compliment to Green. He has shown he can run well within the ZBS. However, his durability is in question for being a starter and was in question prior to his latest injury. Brandon Jackson wasn't a starter anymore in college because he wasn't the best option on the team. 3T took him because he looks like he could fit well with the ZBS. The downside is that Jackson isn't that fast and history says that he isn't going to get any faster as he gets older and takes a beating in the NFL. He is very raw and over time "may" be starting material, I wouldn't take that bet. He will work well in a running back by committee scheme but he will never be a premier back in the NFL. You don't hear much kudos from many people over Noah Herron. Even though the guy has produced for us every time he has been called upon to do so. It's obvious by his spot on the depth chart that 3T doesn't think he is the answer either.

Face it, 3T is handling this like he handled our guards in 2005. It is reprehensible that we have not added veteran depth & experience to our running back position. It isn't a matter of money, it's a matter of ego.

How anyone can be optimistic about our running game is beyond me. Last season we had one of the better backs in the NFL rushing for us with a new blocking scheme (one that is supposed to be far superior to any other I might add) and our running game was anemic. This year our line is a year older, knows the system better but we don't really have a threat to take it to the house. Pre-season so far has given no indication that the ZBS is working anyway. I haven't seen too many holes to run through even if we had a premier back who could hit them. The only back to showed any talent at all was White and he did it by pounding it in there. 3T has gambled and now waiting for the last turn card. The season is a few weeks away and not only do we not have a starting running back, the best candidate is out indefinitely and 3T has done nothing.

As far as Chris Chambers is concerned, he is the Miami offense. Why not sign him, it isn't like we con't already have 354 WR's on the roster. We need another WR like we needed another DT.

woodbuck27
08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
We should really get [conspiracytheory] tags for Woodbuck, so that nobody is confused by his rants.

Do YOU live in YOUR perfect world?

Sorry but I'm not among the naive.

Maybe? YOU JUST CAN'T FACE THE TRUTH.

Maybe . .. you still believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was the sole assassin?

Hahaha! :)

Merlin
08-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Don't worry about it WB. Some people are eternal optimists waiting for the rainbow to show them the pot of gold all the while ignoring the fact it that without a leprechaun, the gold won't appear.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Face it, 3T is handling this like he handled our guards in 2005. It is reprehensible that we have not added veteran depth & experience to our running back position.

To play devil's advocate (Ted being the devil, as usual), he's handling the RB position differently. He brought in two guards for "veteran depth" and those guys stunk it up. Many of the available RB free agents might end the same way.

I think going for "depth players" usually fails. Undistinguished veterans who are let go by teams are suspect. Christ, look at how few of these 2nd-tier free agents have panned-out in GB of late. Manuel, Walker, etc. If you want to improve your team, you have to take a risk. Such as paying Ahman Green a lot of money. Or going after a similar caliber player.

PackerBlues
08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Face it, 3T is handling this like he handled our guards in 2005. It is reprehensible that we have not added veteran depth & experience to our running back position.

To play devil's advocate (Ted being the devil, as usual), he's handling the RB position differently. He brought in two guards for "veteran depth" and those guys stunk it up. Many of the available RB free agents might end the same way.

I think going for "depth players" usually fails. Undistinguished veterans who are let go by teams are suspect. Christ, look at how few of these 2nd-tier free agents have panned-out in GB of late. Manuel, Walker, etc. If you want to improve your team, you have to take a risk. Such as paying Ahman Green a lot of money. Or going after a similar caliber player.

My opinion differs here Harlan, to me, it seams that TT is handling the RB position the exact same way that he handled the O-line in 2005. We have the cheap no name free agent to toss into the lineup in Morency, and Ted drafted a few RB's with the bright idea of tossing them immediately into the starting lineup with a "sink or swim" attitude.

Thompson just does not have it in him to take chances. His method of improving the team revolves around maxing out his number of draft picks, so as to create a competition for starting positions. He simply throws his rookies and bargain bin players onto the field with his "sink or swim" mindset. Just because one of Thompsons many picks proves to be better than another of Thompsons picks, does not mean that either of his picks were ever worthy of being starter material. If anything, the fact that Thompson even bothered with guys like Manuel, Walker, etc....... proves that Thompson is not as great as his supporters would like to suggest when it comes to evaluating talent.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 10:46 AM
We have the cheap no name free agent to toss into the lineup in Morency.

Morency is a young guy. We essentially swapped him for Samkon Gado because he is a better fit for the offense.

and Ted drafted a few RB's with the bright idea of tossing them immediately into the starting lineup with a "sink or swim" attitude.

ya, you're right, there is this parallel.

Thompson just does not have it in him to take chances. His method of improving the team revolves around maxing out his number of draft picks, so as to create a competition for starting positions.

well, this method is working for the long term. I agree, he should have taken a chance on a RB this season. And in my opinion, matched offer for David Martin.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Chris Chambers: Likely to Stay With Dolphins
RotoWire.com

Update: Chambers is not in danger of being traded or cut, the Miami Herald reports.

Recommendation: The NFL Network had reported on Tuesday night that the Dolphins were dangling Chambers as trade bait; while the team has put out minor feelers, no trade is imminent. All things considered, such as Chambers' recent plea of 'not guilty' to charges of impaired driving, any potential trade partner would have to take on a $7.3 million cap hit. Chambers remains the Dolphins' No. 1 receiver.

woodbuck27
08-29-2007, 12:53 PM
RotoWire.com

Update: Chambers is not in danger of being traded or cut, the Miami Herald reports.

Recommendation: The NFL Network had reported on Tuesday night that the Dolphins were dangling Chambers as trade bait; while the team has put out minor feelers, no trade is imminent. All things considered, such as Chambers' recent plea of 'not guilty' to charges of impaired driving, any potential trade partner would have to take on a $7.3 million cap hit. Chambers remains the Dolphins' No. 1 receiver.

We have greater and more obvious needs at RB,FB and TE. ., . STILL !!

Zool
08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Hang in there, as before too much longer, even the TT deluded KLAN will have to face reality. The writing is clearly on the wall now.

The real concern for me, or problem I'm served with as a Packer fan looking ahead, is that TT may well be the anti-scapegoat. :)

We may have two more and then two - three more year's after that to suffer him as reward for his successful takedown.

The only strippers and nothing else, better than TT are in Vegas.
Maybe you dont know what spelling clan with a K means in the US, but I bet you do.

AV David
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Oddly enough, Robert Ferguson is starting out as the consensus #2 receiver here in Minnesota. I suppose he would have a chance to move up to #1. the current #1 is Bobby Wade. Wade is small but he's slow.

AV David
08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Why do we need Chris Chambers. I can understand that we should have drafted him rather than Ferguson 7 years ago, but why do we need him now? He has been a good #2 receiver in Miami, but we have a lot of #2s already. His current contract is $5.5 million per year Presumably KRod is coming back in October.

Why do we need him now?

We have greater needs and to roster him, you would have to cut a receiver who is younger, bigger and has an upside. Besides, Holiday is the 3rd quarterback, so you really can't cut him.

Lurker64
08-29-2007, 04:18 PM

You have theories that explain facts, but you do not have facts that imply any of your theories to the exclusion of other potential theories. In other words, you have not lived up to your burden of proof.

Anybody can come up with any number of crazy theories to explain basically anything under the sun, and they'd even be consistent with the facts that they're trying to explain. None of this is useful, without any evidence that either they're right and other people are wrong or that their theories are more useful than competitive theories.

You claim a lot of things about Ted's motives. Do you know Ted Thompson? Do you speak to him regularly? Does he call you late at night to share his innermost thoughts? Do you have some reason for us to believe that your estimation of Ted's motives is in fact, accurate? The fact that you believe something with all of your heart does not in fact increase the probability that you are correct or the credibility of your argument. Is there really any reason to ever state, as though you know it to be fact, your thoughts on the personal opinions and motivations of people you have never met or spoken to?

I could claim that Ted Thompson is actually an alien on the planet earth, who needs sweat in order to power his spacecraft, which explains the fact that he always drafts 10+ guys and then brings in several UFAs. Clearly, he'd want to bring in 50+ guys to harvest their sweat so he can return home, but he doesn't want to draw attention to him lest his alien nature is discovered and he's vivisected by earth scientists. His alien physiology also explains his unearthly complexion and his success in the national football league as a player. Should anybody listen to me, based on the facts I've provided? Absolutely not. Are you providing really any more meaty facts than my "Thompson is an Alien" hypothesis?

Bretsky
08-29-2007, 05:35 PM

I think it was one free agent and one draft pick

Adrienne Klemm and Will Whattaker started as the OG's.

Two unproven talents. There lies the comparisons IMO

Bretsky
08-29-2007, 05:39 PM
RotoWire.com

It would be idiotic of the Dolphins to trade Chambers

At the same time, it would be idiotic not to give up a 5th for him and his contract.

As I stated before, it would never happen.

I'm pretty sure the Dolphins would not do it and I also think TT would puss out. I would admit if TT would trade a draft pick for an offensive playmaker like Chambers my views on him would be swayed.

Bretsky
08-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Why do we need Chris Chambers. I can understand that we should have drafted him rather than Ferguson 7 years ago, but why do we need him now? He has been a good #2 receiver in Miami, but we have a lot of #2s already. His current contract is $5.5 million per year Presumably KRod is coming back in October.

Why do we need him now?

We have greater needs and to roster him, you would have to cut a receiver who is younger, bigger and has an upside. Besides, Holiday is the 3rd quarterback, so you really can't cut him.

He's a playmaker and we have the money; I don't understand why you would not want him. Instantly upgrades our receiving core and it would show a committment to win now

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 06:05 PM

He brought in two old dogs, Klemm and .... that driver blocker who got cut on final cutdown.

I don't compare THAT fiasco to the youth movement at RB now.

I guess there is a comparison, tho, letting Green go and letting Wahl leave.

Bretsky
08-29-2007, 06:14 PM

He brought in two old dogs, Klemm and .... that driver blocker who got cut on final cutdown.

I don't compare THAT fiasco to the youth movement at RB now.

I guess there is a comparison, tho, letting Green go and letting Wahl leave.

That's right; that Matt O'dwyer dude

But Klemm wasn't really all that old

O'Dwyer was.

AV David
08-29-2007, 11:55 PM
"He's a playmaker and we have the money; I don't understand why you would not want him. Instantly upgrades our receiving core and it would show a committment to win now"

Maybe.

Bossman641
08-30-2007, 01:29 AM
I could claim that Ted Thompson is actually an alien on the planet earth, who needs sweat in order to power his spacecraft, which explains the fact that he always drafts 10+ guys and then brings in several UFAs. Clearly, he'd want to bring in 50+ guys to harvest their sweat so he can return home, but he doesn't want to draw attention to him lest his alien nature is discovered and he's vivisected by earth scientists. His alien physiology also explains his unearthly complexion and his success in the national football league as a player. Should anybody listen to me, based on the facts I've provided? Absolutely not. Are you providing really any more meaty facts than my "Thompson is an Alien" hypothesis?

:bclap:

Bravo

:bow:

Bossman641
08-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Oddly enough, Robert Ferguson is starting out as the consensus #2 receiver here in Minnesota. I suppose he would have a chance to move up to #1. the current #1 is Bobby Wade. Wade is small but he's slow.

Ha, you say that like it's a good thing.

Well, yea he is small, but he's also slow so he's got that going for him.

Partial
08-30-2007, 07:40 AM

Ha, you say that like it's a good thing.

Well, yea he is small, but he's also slow so he's got that going for him.

:lol:

The Leaper
08-30-2007, 08:29 AM
I see no reason to bring Chambers here if we have to give up anything for him or have to take on his overpriced salary.

LaFours
08-30-2007, 08:38 AM

You have theories that explain facts, but you do not have facts that imply any of your theories to the exclusion of other potential theories. In other words, you have not lived up to your burden of proof.

Anybody can come up with any number of crazy theories to explain basically anything under the sun, and they'd even be consistent with the facts that they're trying to explain. None of this is useful, without any evidence that either they're right and other people are wrong or that their theories are more useful than competitive theories.

You claim a lot of things about Ted's motives. Do you know Ted Thompson? Do you speak to him regularly? Does he call you late at night to share his innermost thoughts? Do you have some reason for us to believe that your estimation of Ted's motives is in fact, accurate? The fact that you believe something with all of your heart does not in fact increase the probability that you are correct or the credibility of your argument. Is there really any reason to ever state, as though you know it to be fact, your thoughts on the personal opinions and motivations of people you have never met or spoken to?

Plus he installed new turf to improve his ability to harvest the sweet nectar he needs to get back to his home planet. Don't they have new turf on the practice field too?

How about them apples, eh?

Merlin
08-30-2007, 08:51 AM

I would agree with that normally accept there have been several older veteran running backs that would have added depth in our running back by committee scheme. Cory Dillon could have handled a 3rd of the carries and added valuable leadership for example. Right now, we have no one on our roster that has been a premier back or the #1 back at any time during their NFL career. For as injury prone as Davenport may have been, he did learn a lot from working with Ahman Green. I think had Morency had more time with Green, he would been better as well save the inhury problem. Right now in the youth movement, 3T has decided to throw unproven backs under the bus and let things fall where they may. Although I have the utmost resepct for Edgar Bennet, he isn't in the trenches. Teaching can only go so far without example.

PackerBlues
08-30-2007, 08:52 AM
I see no reason to bring Chambers here if we have to give up anything for him or have to take on his overpriced salary.

Where do you get that Chambers salary is "overpriced"? While WR may not be as big of a problem for the Packers offense as RB or TE might be, we still could use some depth. A bunch of no-name rookies is not going to cut it. Injuries happen, and the loss of Driver in particular would be terrible for our offense. Having someone with Chambers experience would go a long way towards shoring up the Packers WR position.

With any other GM, I would think that the Packers would chase after talent like Chambers, but with Thompson, not only do I not expect him to go after Chambers, but I would be shocked to see him even try. Fact is, Thompson would never be able to negotiate a contract with a big name player like Chambers, so why would he embarrass himself by even trying?

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 09:03 AM
I would agree with that normally accept there have been several older veteran running backs that would have added depth in our running back by committee scheme. Cory Dillon could have handled a 3rd of the carries and added valuable leadership for example. Right now, we have no one on our roster that has been a premier back or the #1 back at any time during their NFL career. For as injury prone as Davenport may have been, he did learn a lot from working with Ahman Green. I think had Morency had more time with Green, he would been better as well save the inhury problem. Right now in the youth movement, 3T has decided to throw unproven backs under the bus and let things fall where they may. Although I have the utmost resepct for Edgar Bennet, he isn't in the trenches. Teaching can only go so far without example.

:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

Edgar Bennett was a good NFL running back for years. He is perfectly capable of setting an example either in person or with film.

And PBlues, the only way you could possibly know that much about TT's motivations and abilities would be to be having breakfast with him every morning (I'm sure you catch my meaning). You don't really want me having to make that assumption do you?

Merlin
08-30-2007, 09:10 AM
There is no better example then watching a pro-bowl running back on your team either on film or in a game. It's one thing to teach a player that they should have done this or that, it's completely another to watch someone actually do it who has been there before and to have that leadership on the team.

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
There is no better example then watching a pro-bowl running back on your team either on film or in a game. It's one thing to teach a player that they should have done this or that, it's completely another to watch someone actually do it who has been there before and to have that leadership on the team.

And you think Edgar doesn't have any film of pro bowlers stashed away that he can go over with the RB's? Come on!! Film of Ahman in his prime is likely more valuable to these kids than watching him run now in person. And as much as I like him and wanted him to stay, it did drive me a little nuts that his asthma was bothering him as much as it was because sometimes we needed him in the game when he was on the sidelines remembering how to breathe.

PackerBlues
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
And PBlues, the only way you could possibly know that much about TT's motivations and abilities would be to be having breakfast with him every morning (I'm sure you catch my meaning). You don't really want me having to make that assumption do you?

I honestly dont catch your meaning, and I dont know what assumptions you are talking about.

If you are referring to my opinion that Thompson cannot negotiate a big name contract, I would have to ask, have you ever seen him do it?

When Thompson first came to GB, did he even try to negotiate a contract with Wahle, Rivera, Sharper, or Longwell? I am guessing that he didnt, but if he did, he obviously failed.

After that, there was Walker.......no success in Negotiating that contract, was there?

Thompson said that he "thought that he had a deal in place" with Moss. I guess he just "thought" wrong. Again, did he even try, or is this further proof that Thompson cannot negotiate a big name contract?

Ahman Green said that he wanted to stay in GB. He proved that he came back from his injury, by putting up over a 1,000 yards rushing, and by being the Packers 3rd leading reciever during his last year in GB. Again, Teddy says that he tried to keep Green, and yet, he could not negotiate a deal that would make Green stay. The history is building.

I do not have to eat breakfast with Thompson, or know him personally, to be able to see that he has quite a history of not being able to get the big deal done. Hell, I could take it a step further and say that the entire reason that Thompson is so in love with the idea of building through the draft, is because he is clueless as to how to negotiate a large contract. All the above mentioned could be used as proof for that statement, it would not necessarily make it true, but the history is still there for all to see.

Merlin
08-30-2007, 09:25 AM

And you think Edgar doesn't have any film of pro bowlers stashed away that he can go over with the RB's? Come on!! Film of Ahman in his prime is likely more valuable to these kids than watching him run now in person. And as much as I like him and wanted him to stay, it did drive me a little nuts that his asthma was bothering him as much as it was because sometimes we needed him in the game when he was on the sidelines remembering how to breathe.

There may be film from last season but not much that was very good because we couldn't block worth a shit. Anything older then that doesn't play into it because you want "now" situations, not film from Green back in the pound it Sherman days. That's fine, dismiss the obvious that we have no one that has a clue in our backfield I can agree to disagree.

the_idle_threat
08-30-2007, 09:34 AM

[Larry Craig]I honestly dont catch your meaning, and I dont know what assumptions you are talking about.[/Larry Craig]

Fixed 8-)

SudsMcBucky
08-30-2007, 09:45 AM
I would welcome a Chamber trade (despite the contract) for a low round pick, with open arms. He would be our #2 right off. That is an immediate upgrade. He has all the tools. If Miami gets rid of him, either through trade or cut, it would only be because of a combination of his DUI and salary. GB has no salary problems, could take it on, PLUS still hunt for a TE/RB or anything else that comes along.

All CC needs is a QB to throw to him. If BF can make a ProBowler out of Driver, Freeman, etc., imagine what he could do for CC, who already WAS a PB'er with bad QB's.

Now, TT doing it is a completely different situation. :evil:

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 09:46 AM

I honestly dont catch your meaning, and I dont know what assumptions you are talking about.

If you are referring to my opinion that Thompson cannot negotiate a big name contract, I would have to ask, have you ever seen him do it?

When Thompson first came to GB, did he even try to negotiate a contract with Wahle, Rivera, Sharper, or Longwell? I am guessing that he didnt, but if he did, he obviously failed.

After that, there was Walker.......no success in Negotiating that contract, was there?

Thompson said that he "thought that he had a deal in place" with Moss. I guess he just "thought" wrong. Again, did he even try, or is this further proof that Thompson cannot negotiate a big name contract?

Ahman Green said that he wanted to stay in GB. He proved that he came back from his injury, by putting up over a 1,000 yards rushing, and by being the Packers 3rd leading reciever during his last year in GB. Again, Teddy says that he tried to keep Green, and yet, he could not negotiate a deal that would make Green stay. The history is building.

I do not have to eat breakfast with Thompson, or know him personally, to be able to see that he has quite a history of not being able to get the big deal done. Hell, I could take it a step further and say that the entire reason that Thompson is so in love with the idea of building through the draft, is because he is clueless as to how to negotiate a large contract. All the above mentioned could be used as proof for that statement, it would not necessarily make it true, but the history is still there for all to see.

Idle, that was beautiful!

PB, this is the last I'm saying on this because this :beat: is rotting and stinks. Ted Thompson does not negotiate contracts, but Mr. Brandt seems to have gotten some things done with Pickett, Woodson, Kampman, Harris, Barnett, all of his rookies without a single holdout and Donald Driver. When it needs to get done it gets done. Now can we drop this stupid shit and talk about some football please? Anyone think McNabb is gonna have any mobility left this week? If not, I think he can be contained and shut down.

PackerBlues
08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
PB, this is the last I'm saying on this because this :beat: is rotting and stinks. Ted Thompson does not negotiate contracts, but Mr. Brandt seems to have gotten some things done with Pickett, Woodson, Kampman, Harris, Barnett, all of his rookies without a single holdout and Donald Driver. When it needs to get done it gets done. Now can we drop this stupid shit and talk about some football please? Anyone think McNabb is gonna have any mobility left this week? If not, I think he can be contained and shut down.

Good, I am glad to hear that you are not going to say anything more on this......its not as if you have really said anything at all anyway. If you think that this is all stupid shit, then take your stupid ass to another thread, and discuss Mcnabb all you want jag off,.... this thread is titled: CHRIS CHAMBERS AVAILABLE!!! and other WRs. Try to get a fucking clue as to what people in this thread may want to talk about genius. It sure as fuck is not McNabb.

After reading through this thread, you want to come at me with your stupidity about "Pickett, Woodson, Kampman, Harris, Barnett, all of his rookies without a single holdout and Donald Driver."
One good free agent signing, and a bunch of guys who have already been playing in GB. Wow, way to defend Thompsons ability to negotiate a big name contract douche bag.

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
I think Jones is gonna be a good 3rd option this season and if Jennings returns anywhere near to form (if he doesn't, Jones will move up and get it done) with Driver and the other talent we have fighting for spots, I personally don't see the need for Chambers.

PackerBlues
08-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I think Jones is gonna be a good 3rd option this season and if Jennings returns anywhere near to form (if he doesn't, Jones will move up and get it done) with Driver and the other talent we have fighting for spots, I personally don't see the need for Chambers.

I agree with you that Jones is going to be good. The part that I do not agree with is having guys "fighting for spots". Again, I do not agree with Thompsons way of throwing rookies into the starting lineup, and having them fight for a starting spot. I think that Chambers or any decent free agent pick up at this point, would add much needed depth and experience to the Packers WR position. I would simply prefer to see a proven starter playing the WR position than to have some rookie playing it, simply because he is better than another rookie. Donald Driver was what? a 7th round pick? He was brought up slowly behind other great recievers, and he turned out to be just as good as they were. Why not let Jones learn the position over time like Donald, and put the most experienced guys on the field now?

edited to add: There is no shame in having Jones start out as the 4th reciever behind Driver, Jennings, and perhaps Chambers. I am not knocking his talent, I would just prefer to have him take more time to learn his routes better, and for him to be eased into the position more slowly.

Partial
08-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I would say he's done just fine with big name players since Aaron Kampman is ranked as the 14th best player in the NFL, and Javon Walker is ranked in the 80s I believe in Peter King's top 500 players.

PackerBlues
08-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Thompson didnt have to bring Kampman in, he was already here.

Partial
08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Thompson didnt have to bring Kampman in, he was already here.

He did have to hammer out a contract with him, though.

What big name players even hit the free agent market?!?

Brohm
08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
You really cannot use AG as an arguement against TT's ability to sign players and then turn around and say Kampman cannot be used because he didn't bring him in.

Harlan Huckleby
08-30-2007, 01:56 PM
He did have to hammer out a contract with him, though.

And many in this forum were saying, "Let the VIkings have him!"

I am proud to be an early and often supporter of Aaron Kampmen. As I was of John Michaels, Darrell Thompson, Cletedius Hunt and Craig Nall.

Partial
08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
You really cannot use AG as an arguement against TT's ability to sign players and then turn around and say Kampman cannot be used because he didn't bring him in.

yep

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Good, I am glad to hear that you are not going to say anything more on this......its not as if you have really said anything at all anyway. If you think that this is all stupid shit, then take your stupid ass to another thread, and discuss Mcnabb all you want jag off,.... this thread is titled: CHRIS CHAMBERS AVAILABLE!!! and other WRs. Try to get a fucking clue as to what people in this thread may want to talk about genius. It sure as fuck is not McNabb.

What did I tell you about telling people when and where to post you little ass nugget? That's the second time now, and both times you've been completely a disrespectful little douche-bag about it. And don't try to blame your "short fuse" again you mentally limited bag of cat litter.

Speaking of which, I was just thinking about how much cats have to do with Chambers.

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 02:40 PM
http://www.catfacts.org/cat-facts.jpg
This cat thinks the GB WR core is just fine.

http://www.animalfriendsrescue.org/available/cat_punkin.jpg
This cat would love to see the addition of another WR.

http://slayeroffice.com/gr/javascript_the_cat.jpg
This cat's too fucking lazy to care.

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/CatHat1.jpg
This cat is convinced Patrick Dendy is still a wonderful football player.

http://www.olegvolk.net/olegv/cat/cat5.jpg
This cat is ready for an 8-8 record this year. This cat is slightly indecisive.

http://www.wemyssware.co.uk/images/clover%20large%20cat0001.JPG
This cat doesn't think anything because he's made out of clay.

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 02:42 PM
http://pgobeil.com/images/testicular.jpg

You know what this is? It's a testicular implant for cats without balls. Pretty neat, huh?

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 02:44 PM
So the other day, I wanted a sandwich and my cat wasn't around. At first I thought I wanted ham, but there was some chicken in the fridge too that my dad said he didn't like when he came over to help with the electrical repairs. So then I thought some juice might be nice too, but the real question was, "What juice is best paired with which sandwich?" I thought OJ and Ham. The cat, who wasn't around, thought Chicken and Raspberry juice. So I had a chicken and orange juice sandwich. Isn't that weird?

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 02:45 PM
I think Donovan McNabb is a hum-dinger!

Partial
08-30-2007, 02:45 PM
So the other day, I wanted a sandwich and my cat wasn't around. At first I thought I wanted ham, but there was some chicken in the fridge too that my dad said he didn't like when he came over to help with the electrical repairs. So then I thought some juice might be nice too, but the real question was, "What juice is best paired with which sandwich?" I thought OJ and Ham. The cat, who wasn't around, thought Chicken and Raspberry juice. So I had a chicken and orange juice sandwich. Isn't that weird?

It's time to be a big girl now, and big girls don't cry.

PackerTimer
08-30-2007, 02:53 PM
This cat doesn't think anything becuase he is made of clay

Funniest thing I have read or heard all day.

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 05:02 PM
It's time to be a big girl now, and big girls don't cry.

So you're calling me fat now? Thanks.

Fritz
08-30-2007, 05:07 PM
It's simply not Thompsons style to pick up a player like Chambers. Chambers is proven talent. He is a veteran Offensive weapon. He has a history of making big plays. Why in the world would Thompson want someone like that? :roll:

If Thompson were to make any trade, or pick up any free agent at this point, I am pretty sure that it would not be an Offensive weapon. That would not be Teds style at all. If anything, I would expect the jerk to pick up another DT long before he bothered with a veteran WR or RB (TE anyone?).

I would love to have Chambers on the team. Give the rookies even more reason to push themselves to get better. I just do not see it happening though. Teddy has been around long enough now, that a pattern has developed in regards to his acquiring players. You see, whenever you or I feel that it would make sense to pick up a proven Offensive weapon, Teddy will always piss you off by signing someone at a position that is already strong, or, he picks up cheap bargain bin players. A guy like Chambers has far to much talent for Thompson to consider, it would require Thompson to negotiate a contract, and as we all know, Teddy just does not have it in him to negotiate a contract with a big name player without fucking it up.

Dude, your avatar fits you perfectly.

Bretsky
08-30-2007, 05:11 PM

Ah here comes the mentality; we're fine there. Ditto for RB. Ditto for TE.

No need to add a playmaker that could help.

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 05:18 PM
QUIT WITH THE BULLSHIT!!!! I'm trying to talk about the players!!!! I honestly think that Jones will be a good receiver and I was hoping to start a discussion about the potential at his position!!! I happen to think that we're fairly strong at WR and don't need his help.

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2007, 05:24 PM

After reading through this thread, you want to come at me with your stupidity about "Pickett, Woodson, Kampman, Harris, Barnett, all of his rookies without a single holdout and Donald Driver."
One good free agent signing, and a bunch of guys who have already been playing in GB. Wow, way to defend Thompsons ability to negotiate a big name contract douche bag.

This is hilarious, you like to post this crap and act like you know exactly what you're talking about, probably with a little ass crackle smirk on your face. Do you realize that there is 31 other GMs out there trying to sign and make deals with free agents and with other teams, or have you so focused your little retarded mind on the Packers and what Ted Thompson is doing that you fail to realize that there is actually competition for players in the off-season?

Sure we would all like Ted Thompson to shell out a third round pick and millions of dollars to Randy Moss, considering for the past 8 years or so nobody that could consider him a Green Bay Packer fan has said anything positive about him. But he is put on the trade market and we all wet our pants and think we are the only team that he wants to come to.

Ahman Green, again with Green, now that he is gone we all forget about his knee injury that he seems to suffer through once a year, or the fact that he has to come out every third play because of his asthma, and we all forget that he is 30 years old. Since another team signed him and gave him everything plus the kitchen sink we bitch that Thompson failed to sign Green.

I am not sold completely in what Ted Thompson is doing, why, because he hasn't gotten us to the playoffs yet, he hasn't won a division yet, and no conference championship yet, but this team has improved from a 4-12 team that was really pathetic and weak willed, to an 8-8 team that has character.

Now your ass wants to talk about Chris Chambers? This whole fucking thread is laughable, the Packers and the 29 other teams that don't have a chance at Chris Chambers unless they want to offer up a high first day draft pick plus another draft pick. Teams don't like to trade first round or second round picks sorry.

GrnBay007
08-30-2007, 05:51 PM
LOL this thread is getting kinda funny......the things some people freak about. :?:

PackerBlues
08-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Now your ass wants to talk about Chris Chambers? This whole fucking thread is laughable, the Packers and the 29 other teams that don't have a chance at Chris Chambers unless they want to offer up a high first day draft pick plus another draft pick. Teams don't like to trade first round or second round picks sorry.

Ha Ha Ha and L O fucking L!!!! 8-)

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Ha Ha Ha and L O fucking L!!!! 8-)

Another stunning rebuttal by Packerrat's own semi-retarded PackerBlues. Not sure what he's LOLing about or Ha Ha Haing about here, but surely it's something only he has the [lack of] mental capacity to understand.

Weeeeeee!!!

the_idle_threat
08-31-2007, 05:00 AM
We were long overdue for a picture rant. Well done, Skin. :lol:

gbpackfan
08-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Wow, very hostile in here. I didnt think a thread about whether we should or should not add a WR would raise this much hell. TT will do that to you I guess.

RashanGary
08-31-2007, 06:49 AM
I don't think we need Chambers. He's just not a great player. Our guys are just as good, maybe better if we give them a chance.

SkinBasket
08-31-2007, 07:30 AM
RotoWire.com

The best part is that this "discussion" has continued this far despite this being posted all the way back on page 4. We may as well be arguing over whether or not we should pick up Peyton Manning for a 3rd next year.

Fritz
08-31-2007, 07:44 AM
Agreed, Skin. Reminds me of something I heard on the radio yesterday. A talk-show mouth was asking a Detroit Tigers beat reporter if Barry Bonds might get traded to Detroit, since that topic "has been talked about a lot."

The reporter replied that the ONLY place that idea has been talked about - at all - was on sports talk radio. Not one word not one hint from the Giants GM or the Tigers GM or any GM that Barry Bonds might get traded.

That's more or less what has happened here. I don't know what a "minor feeler" is (except in terms of my teenage experiences), but it sounds like lots of people have blown that up.

And hey, your Peyton Manning example is silly. It would take a second rounder and a fourth rounder to get that guy.

SkinBasket
08-31-2007, 07:50 AM
And hey, your Peyton Manning example is silly. It would take a second rounder and a fourth rounder to get that guy.

You're right....

Hmmmm...

Hey, we've got the cap room! Let's do it! Make it happen TT! NOW! If you don't, you're a failure!

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2007, 12:26 AM
If only Thompson had the balls to go after Barry Bonds. That guy is a monster, especially if he could DH

LEWCWA
09-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Who let the retards out!? :alc:

SkinBasket
09-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Who let the retards out!? :alc:

Out? Out!? Who ever said they were in?