PDA

View Full Version : Where Are The Miree Backers Now?

Packnut
08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
When I was bitchin and moanin about the failure to get Griffith, was'nt there a few of you telling me I was wrong cause Miree would be good enough? Now he might not even make the team. Yeah, pat yourselves on the back for that one........

So what are we left with? A converted LB who's gonna start at FB. So explain to me again how Thompson is doing such an incredible job. We have 13 mill in cap space and could have easily gotten Griffith by offering more cash, but no, God forbid we spend money on a position of serious need. Here is a little blurb from PFW:

• Word out of Oakland is that FB Justin Griffith is expected to make a big difference in the running game, and his versatility as a runner, receiver and blocker should be put to good use by Lane Kiffin and Co.

Another Teddy mistake. Another missed chance. Another position of weakness that will come back to haunt us. Yeah, yeah, I know the reply. He's our GM and we should support him with no questions asked...... :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2007, 09:39 AM
http://www.ihatecilantro.com/userpics/crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

Merlin
08-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Although I thought Miree would mature into a better fullback in time, he wasn't even close to being better then Henderson. Henderson got the shaft for whatever reason. It sure wasn't his play, his heart or his leadership because all of those were still top notch in the NFL. A lot of people say he was washed up, lost a step, and a whole slew of other excuses. Yet, no one was able to show me where his game dropped off. I have heard "he wasn't a fit for the ZBS" which is BS reason to get rid of him. It's really hard to block the first person you see (the ZBS for a FB). It's harder to know your assigned person to block which is the norm for a FB. So that excuse doesn't fly. 3T should suck up his pride and re-sign Henderson and let him battle it out for the job.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 10:18 AM
3T should suck up his pride and re-sign Henderson and let him battle it out for the job.

How many 36 year old fullbacks do you see in the NFL?

How many 36-year-old fullbacks have EVER played in the NFL?

Merlin
08-29-2007, 10:31 AM
I am still waiting for any clips from last season showing he couldn't do the job. I don't care how old the guy is, he was doing the job. Age is irrelevant provided the performance is there and to use that as an excuse is naive. Just because no other team has one doesn't mean that there shouldn't be one.

He got the shaft.

retailguy
08-29-2007, 10:51 AM

IMO - this is really crappy. quite honestly, you want to criticize when you don't agree, but when a point is made the other way instead of acknowledging it, you want to ridicule it.

This says more about you than the original poster...

Joemailman
08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Look out Harv. The Mod is not happy with you. :wink:

The Leaper
08-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Henderson's performance WASN'T there in 2006, which is why he is gone.

Henderson 2005: 30 receptions, 264 yards, 3 for 20+ yards, 13 for first down, 8 tackles/4 assists on special teams.

Henderson 2006: 12 receptions (previous lowest was 21), 62 yards (previous low was 168), 0 for 20+ yards, 3 for first down (previous low was 8). 2 tackles/1 assist on special teams.

He did not even win the starting FB job coming out of camp last year. Claiming someone has to post "clips" is ridiculous. Go back and look at the grade he got from McGinn...who looks at PLENTY of clips.

Anyone claiming that Henderson should still be in Green Bay is thinking foolishly.

Zool
08-29-2007, 11:00 AM
IMO - this is really crappy. quite honestly, you want to criticize when you don't agree, but when a point is made the other way instead of acknowledging it, you want to ridicule it.

I guess I'm confused as to what sarcastic comments are acceptable when you disagree then.

Carolina_Packer
08-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Yeah, it's probably not what some of us would do to build a team, and you respect that there are differences of opinion. But, that said, what is happening, is happening, and there's not much you can do about it, but hope for the best.

What would you have said if we picked up Griffin or some other "stud" well-known player and they came in and had nagging injuries and couldn't get on the field? Would it still be TT's fault?

Obviously if Miree was considered a liability or couldn't play football, they wouldn't just put a player on the field to spite second-guessing fans. They obviously thought enough of him to let him come back for another go. It's disappointing as hell that we've had so many injuries in a position that was a question mark. What if there hadn't been the injuries and the outlook was better? Would you still be demanding different players just because you thought you knew better?

Joemailman
08-29-2007, 11:07 AM

I guess I'm confused as to what sarcastic comments are acceptable when you disagree then.

Cool. A battle of the moderators. :duel:

Zool
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM

Cool. A battle of the moderators. :duel:

Nah no battles. But if some sarcastic remarks are deems OK, all of them should be.

woodbuck27
08-29-2007, 11:32 AM

Is that a part or illustration. . of HATE? A weak attempt to discredit another in the face of some fear?

A weak effort to de-value an opposing or determined stance to a commonly accepted policy stance, by a self perceived or otherwise branch of assumed power?

It's form is obvious and shameful. Often a percusor to and as negatively valueless towords a positive result. As a teens immature and frustrated reaction of using violence to resolve a matter of discontent between parties.

IT shouts EGO ECCENTRICITY.

It may be excused as it's often born of delusion,fear of the results of adopted ignorance and repressed helplessness.

You stooped below where you need to go Harvey. :shock:

Brohm
08-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Blah blah blah

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 11:47 AM

Woody, I thought you were ragging on Retail until I got to your last line.

Lets see, whose side should I be on? I guess I'll be on Retail's side. No not exactly, I choose to be against Zool for butting-in to a perfectly good catfight. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend, so guess Retail's my bud after all.

Zool
08-29-2007, 11:53 AM

Woody, I thought you were ragging on Retail until I got to your last line.

Lets see, whose side should I be on? I guess I'll be on Retail's side. No not exactly, I choose to be against Zool for butting-in to a perfectly good catfight. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend, so guess Retail's my bud after all.

Good. I've been needing an enemy. So how should we handle this? Long drawn out jabs from a distance, or a fist fight in Mads barrio?

Patler
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I am still waiting for any clips from last season showing he couldn't do the job. I don't care how old the guy is, he was doing the job. Age is irrelevant provided the performance is there and to use that as an excuse is naive. Just because no other team has one doesn't mean that there shouldn't be one.

He got the shaft.

For what its worth, I believe it was Larry McCarren who made the analysis last year (toward the end of the year) that Henderson was no longer capable as a blocker because:

1. He lacked the quickness and the anticipation to lead the runner in a zone system. He has to see and get to the same hole as the runner to be effective. Henderson was continually too late, or did not read the play like a runner did.

2. Henderson no longer had the power to move people in the hole. The best he could do was neutralize the defender, but did not open a path. Too often he was pushed into the path of the runner by the defense.

That same analysis recognized that he still had a good feel as a receiver from the FB spot.

Not my analysis, just what I remember hearing last year. I assumed at the time that Henderson would not be back.

Cheesehead Craig
08-29-2007, 12:23 PM
I wanted Griffith as well, but given the Raiders offensive personnel from last year, isn't a dead hooker an improvement over there?

Let's not anoint him the next great FB based on what the Raiders are saying as we need to consider the source.

Spaulding
08-29-2007, 12:24 PM
This is getting like grade school. What's the point of all the bitching? The season hasn't started. Make your points if/when FB is an issue several games into the season. For all we know Hall may be fine. Then again he may suck and you'll have full ammo in your argument.

I like this board because individuals find information about the Packers and post well before my trolling on the Internet does. Also, some of the subjective evaluation of players by posters sometimes leads me to rethink my views.

Arguments stating this a mistake before the season has even begun is a little premature. Might be dead on but then again maybe not.

Partial
08-29-2007, 12:26 PM
When I was bitchin and moanin about the failure to get Griffith, was'nt there a few of you telling me I was wrong cause Miree would be good enough? Now he might not even make the team. Yeah, pat yourselves on the back for that one........

So what are we left with? A converted LB who's gonna start at FB. So explain to me again how Thompson is doing such an incredible job. We have 13 mill in cap space and could have easily gotten Griffith by offering more cash, but no, God forbid we spend money on a position of serious need. Here is a little blurb from PFW:

• Word out of Oakland is that FB Justin Griffith is expected to make a big difference in the running game, and his versatility as a runner, receiver and blocker should be put to good use by Lane Kiffin and Co.

Another Teddy mistake. Another missed chance. Another position of weakness that will come back to haunt us. Yeah, yeah, I know the reply. He's our GM and we should support him with no questions asked...... :roll:

Maybe Hall is just that damn good. Seriously, its a fullback. Who cares. Least. Important. Position. Ever.

Partial
08-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Precisely.

After reading the rest of this thread, I say wow. Just wow. wow wow wow.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
FB is a position that I wish Thompson could have bagged a FA. For instance, like others, I advocated him signing Justin Griffith. I heard that Griffith wanted to go to Oakland, so who knows. He didn't get it done. Hopefully, Korey Hall is ready for primetime.

SkinBasket
08-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I heard that Griffith wanted to go to Oakland, so who knows. He didn't get it done.

Some of the bloodthirsty anti-TT crowd tend to forget there are a number of other teams in the league, and the Packers don't just get first dibs on any given player. They also tend to forget that not every player wants to play for GB. I think it tends to streamline their argument that everything that is, was, and will be wrong with this team is Ted's fault.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Some of the bloodthirsty anti-TT crowd.

http://wickedstageact2.typepad.com/life_on_the_wicked_stage_/WindowsLiveWriter/AaarghHappyTalkLikeAPirateDay_759B/pirate%5B3%5D_1.jpg

Ted's fault.
I love when the Thompson supporters are on a first name basis.

Joemailman
08-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes, but his most ardent supporters call him by his lovable nickname, Turtle, or some times Snapper.

woodbuck27
08-29-2007, 01:33 PM
FB is a position that I wish Thompson could have bagged a FA. For instance, like others, I advocated him signing Justin Griffith. I heard that Griffith wanted to go to Oakland, so who knows. He didn't get it done. Hopefully, Korey Hall is ready for primetime.

Korey Hall is a young man with great hands and natural athletic ability demonstrated as I've seen him on video.

The question I have on him is can he block well? Looks like we'll find out soon. (see below)

He is set to make a contribution on ST's and will make the roster.

Then the obvious question is of depth at FB.

Other ?'s.

RB.

Forget skill and depth at RB.It certainly appears that it will be a RB by committee approach, with more RB's arriving in Green Bay as the season progress's.We shouldn't seriously believe that JACKSON (A ROOKIE) and the unproven and oft injured Morency are answers at RB for the balance of this season.

Except for a miracle in the middle of our OL, we'll not establish a running game early in the season, particularly given the difficulty of schedule.

We presently don't have a feature RB, but maybe TT wants to see more fr. his OL before he invests big in the tailback position?

I sense that TT has to try to get more for our OL still as a priority.

We lost two experienced and capable blockers in Green (still a decent back) and Henderson (all round skills) and with our developing OL that spells heat on the QB.

My biggest concern is that Favre will get seriously hurt.

TE.

We might have two TE's, but will our TE's demonstrate any consistent contribution to our offense, given their need to contribute so much to max. protect again this season as it again appears that the middle of our OL is suspect?

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Man, this forum is getting quite testy, isn't it? Harv makes a joke that would've flown at the beginning of the offseason, but now it's considered shameful?

Jesus Christ, people, lighten up a bit. It's like the freakin' Shiites and Sunnis over here.

We don't need any more TT bashing threads. We have enough on the front page, we have enough in the archives. If you think that TT is doing a less then satisfactory job, fine. Say it once or twice and leave it at that. But don't go on about it every other post.

Partial
08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Man, this forum is getting quite testy, isn't it? Harv makes a joke that would've flown at the beginning of the offseason, but now it's considered shameful?

Jesus Christ, people, lighten up a bit. It's like the freakin' Shiites and Sunnis over here.

We don't need any more TT bashing threads. We have enough on the front page, we have enough in the archives. If you think that TT is doing a less then satisfactory job, fine. Say it once or twice and leave it at that. But don't go on about it every other post.

quoted for truth

SkinBasket
08-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Ted's fault.
I love when the Thompson supporters are on a first name basis.

A. I am not a "Thompson supporter." Not that there's anything wrong with those who support him. But if you're extrapolating that I "support" Thompson by the fact that I used his first name to refer to him, I can only assume your retarded sense of logic is starting to cave in your brain a bit.

B. So now I can't fucking use his first name? Am I supposed to refer to him as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? Mr. Theodore Thompson the First? What would make you happy Harlan? I'm sorry I didn't take the time coming up some clever nickname intended to degrade him or make some other point.

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Am I supposed to refer to him as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named?

Ted Thompson has now reached a level of infamy that only Voldemort had managed to obtain.

Zool
08-29-2007, 02:19 PM
This took a swift turn for the nerdy

oregonpackfan
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM

All this conflict over the GM would certainly end if we just brought back Mike Sherman as GM! :wink:

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 02:31 PM

I don't even read Harry Potter. :shock:

Partial
08-29-2007, 02:36 PM

That's because you're too busy raising a family and working a 9-5.

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 02:41 PM

That's because you're too busy raising a family and working a 9-5.

And that's when I'm not working overtime to pay for the electric bills.

LaFours
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I feel like this season's success (or failure for that matter) should annoint one of our forum's contingencies -- either the Turtle-haters or the Ted-supporters -- as the true and outright winner of this forum.

Therefore, if Green Bay ends up being successful or unsuccessful this year (and I will leave it to those of you that are polarized by Ted to determine what the definitions are for success and failure), one group should get to stay at Packerrats and the other should be shunned to wander the bandwidths of cyberspace in search of a new home.

I think at this point it's only reasonable to assume a solution such as the aformentioned will prove effective.

I only ask that the future ruling party take pity on those of us that have not yet made up our minds on the Great Packer Polarization and allow us to eke out a meager existence on this forum until such time that our true feelings on the subject have been determined.

This I humbly ask of ye all.

MJZiggy
08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Interesting idea LaFours, but I'd hate to see forum "winners" or forum "losers" and the resulting fighting on the definitions of success you alluded to. I wish we could just go back to having conversations without people having to throw their agendas around as we all know who feels how on the subject. I also wish we ALL could move a little toward the undecided as it would allow us all to see the others' viewpoint a little bit.

Iron Mike
08-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Is it O.K. to dispatch the waaaaahmbulance???

http://www.blackratchet.org/etc/waaahmbulance.jpg

LaFours
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Interesting idea LaFours, but I'd hate to see forum "winners" or forum "losers" and the resulting fighting on the definitions of success you alluded to. I wish we could just go back to having conversations without people having to throw their agendas around as we all know who feels how on the subject. I also wish we ALL could move a little toward the undecided as it would allow us all to see the others' viewpoint a little bit.

I agree. I don't want to follow my suggestion, but the reality is that this is where we are headed if cooler heads don't interject.

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I wish we could just go back to having conversations without people having to throw their agendas around as we all know who feels how on the subject. I also wish we ALL could move a little toward the undecided as it would allow us all to see the others' viewpoint a little bit.

I agree. It's natural to disagree, but it's the name-calling and sarcasm that really does it. It's also the repetitiveness of it. In every post there is a TT bashing.

There's a lot of good posters here, but a few people end up jacking the threads and then it turns into a flame-war.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 05:20 PM
I think that scary Rat Trap that appeared at the top of the index page is gonna cool things down. Just like the beat cop walking down the street, thumping his nightstick in his hand.

Of course the biggest A-holes are the moderators, that could be a problem.

Or maybe not, sometimes you need cops who are A-holes.

Bretsky
08-29-2007, 05:22 PM

It's no secret that I'm not fond of Thompson's hibernation through free agency, but the one part of that McGinn chat I was absolutely shocked with when Snappper talked free agency was.....when he implied he offered more money for a FA and then he still signed elsewhere. I thought YGBFKM. Long term for You gotta Be .. Kidding Me. Use that abbreviation all the time.

Anyways, I considered who GB brought in and who went real cheap. And who the Packers really seemed to need. I came to the conclusion that Ted Thompson offered up $1 more than the Oakland Raiders :lol:

Seriously, though, I would not be at all surprised if Griffeth was the one free agent we offered money to who didn't want to come here. That was really my only point.

Cheers,
B

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 05:33 PM
What is the Rat Trap? Is it similar to the GC?

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 05:50 PM
What is the Rat Trap? Is it similar to the GC?

I think membership in the Trap might be a little more exclusive.

Looks like they charge by the hour. Interesting.....

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 05:52 PM
B. So now I can't fucking use his first name? Am I supposed to refer to him as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? Mr. Theodore Thompson the First? What would make you happy Harlan?

Don't go changin, SkinBasket, I love you just the way you are. I was just teasing. Call him "Ted", or "Teddy Bear", "Uncle Ted", it's all cool with me.

Deputy Nutz
08-29-2007, 05:54 PM
I think that scary Rat Trap that appeared at the top of the index page is gonna cool things down. Just like the beat cop walking down the street, thumping his nightstick in his hand.

Of course the biggest A-holes are the moderators, that could be a problem.

Or maybe not, sometimes you need cops who are A-holes.

I am offended I am not even a moderator anymore.

LEWCWA
08-29-2007, 07:01 PM
This is stupid! I agree with the blah blah blah guy! On another note I thought the baby crying was sorta funny. bfd quite acting like a bunch of little bitches!

ZachMN
08-29-2007, 07:08 PM
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-

I love statements like that!! Makes my day! :)

Z

the_idle_threat
08-30-2007, 07:53 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the_idle_threat
08-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I was one of those who said we shouldn't worry about the fullback position despite our "failure" to sign Griffith. I maintain that position.

This confidence has never been derived from any kind of faith in Brandon Miree. A year ago or so when he was first picked up, I noted that he is injury-prone and may not be very dependable as a long-term answer.

My confidence stems from the fact that it's frickin' fullback, people---not quarterback. Definitely not rocket science. Miree was plugged into the system and was an immediate improvement over the guys we already had, including Vonta Leach who's now a starter elsewhere. And Miree isn't even all that good. I don't see any reason why this position should be considered a big hole just because a rookie wins the job.

Merlin
08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Henderson's performance WASN'T there in 2006, which is why he is gone.

Henderson 2005: 30 receptions, 264 yards, 3 for 20+ yards, 13 for first down, 8 tackles/4 assists on special teams.

Henderson 2006: 12 receptions (previous lowest was 21), 62 yards (previous low was 168), 0 for 20+ yards, 3 for first down (previous low was 8). 2 tackles/1 assist on special teams.

He did not even win the starting FB job coming out of camp last year. Claiming someone has to post "clips" is ridiculous. Go back and look at the grade he got from McGinn...who looks at PLENTY of clips.

Anyone claiming that Henderson should still be in Green Bay is thinking foolishly.

Conveniently you forget that Henderson had his knee scoped and that was used as an excuse to keep him off of the active roster much of the season. Kneew scopes are a 2-3 week recovery at the most. So his numbers can't be used as a reason. If you don't remember, no one "won" the starting job because of this injury, Miree was handed it. In many of Henderson's seasons they brought in FB's to compete with him and sometimes he didn't get the nod but by the 2nd or 3rd game of the season he was back in there so that doesn't hold water either. McGinn has proven to be an idiot more times then not regardless of how many clips they guy has looked at. His "grades" are his opinions and many times not accurate. So I can dismiss his judgement based upon what I saw from Henderson last season.

I think it's foolish to dismiss a player simply because you have your facts wrong or you refuse to accept reality. 3T pushed Henderson out, period. The only reason he re-signed him was because the Vikings made him an offer. Henderson should have been given the opportunity to compete for the position. His skills may not have been what they were 10 years ago but he sure as hell wasn't as inconsistent as Miree. With Henderson, you knew what you were getting, a guy that does the job and does it well. We let him go why? Oh yeah, because McGinn gave him a bad grade. Your logic escapes me.

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 09:27 AM
I think it's foolish to dismiss a player simply because you have your facts wrong or you refuse to accept reality. 3T pushed Henderson out, period. The only reason he re-signed him was because the Vikings made him an offer. Henderson should have been given the opportunity to compete for the position. His skills may not have been what they were 10 years ago but he sure as hell wasn't as inconsistent as Miree. With Henderson, you knew what you were getting, a guy that does the job and does it well. We let him go why? Oh yeah, because McGinn gave him a bad grade. Your logic escapes me.

We let him go for the same reason that no one else has picked him up. It was time. He wasn't pushed out--it was time. If it weren't he'd be playing. He's an awesome guy and will make a hell of a broadcaster. I sincerely hope he replaces Theeesman sooner rather than later.

PackerTimer
08-30-2007, 09:38 AM

We let him go for the same reason that no one else has picked him up. It was time. He wasn't pushed out--it was time. If it weren't he'd be playing. He's an awesome guy and will make a hell of a broadcaster. I sincerely hope he replaces Theeesman sooner rather than later.

Agreed. The players we have at the FB position are more capable than William Henderson. Henderson was no longer effective and that is why he is gone. To say TT pushed him out is ridiculous.

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Hall is the starter now. I wonder which game he'll shine in and which he'll struggle with. Any ideas?

Merlin
08-30-2007, 01:15 PM
He was no longer effective? WOW, just wow. Like I said, show me where? The guys we have now are more then capable? Of what? Getting injured?

Partial
08-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Hall is the starter now. I wonder which game he'll shine in and which he'll struggle with. Any ideas?

He'll have a key role in our first game against the Eagles. If they blitz as often as they historically have, he can expect a few opportunities in dump off passes in the flat. Here's hoping he is ready to go. He looked very athletic in the highlight clips from Boise State, so I am confident he'll be fine.

Partial
08-30-2007, 01:26 PM
He was no longer effective? WOW, just wow. Like I said, show me where? The guys we have now are more then capable? Of what? Getting injured?

Since TT is so dumb and all the other GMs are so smart, why is Henderson not on another roster let alone starting for someone else??!?!??

woodbuck27
08-30-2007, 02:07 PM
I feel like this season's success (or failure for that matter) should annoint one of our forum's contingencies -- either the Turtle-haters or the Ted-supporters -- as the true and outright winner of this forum.

Therefore, if Green Bay ends up being successful or unsuccessful this year (and I will leave it to those of you that are polarized by Ted to determine what the definitions are for success and failure), one group should get to stay at Packerrats and the other should be shunned to wander the bandwidths of cyberspace in search of a new home.

I think at this point it's only reasonable to assume a solution such as the aformentioned will prove effective.

I only ask that the future ruling party take pity on those of us that have not yet made up our minds on the Great Packer Polarization and allow us to eke out a meager existence on this forum until such time that our true feelings on the subject have been determined.

Awesome post Lafours. 8-) It's cool.

I sense that.

The contention bet. the for and against Ted Thompson for GM has reached some fever pitch, because it's a criticle season under his watch. It's the contention that he's lost in his position because there must be some TRUTH to that or it's a fact.I base that on the dedication and intelligence I see in those that are on the anti TT side.

I certainly respect and don't mean to undermine any poster at Packerrats. Just being a member here and a Packer fan bracets us as intelligent as a board. :)

This Packer forum as a whole has very polite people enjoying it. Any perceived tension is due to 'the fact' that the anti - TT PACKER FANS, that include me, are rightly in us frustrated PACKER FANS.

Why is that? Well it's too obbvious. TT did so little for us in a very real sense since 2006 ended to allow us to maintain some sense of real momentum for this season (2007).

His off season as our Packer GM could have been as well served by 'a Teddy Bear' !

Some of us claim that he didn't get it done and that is in my view very kind to TT. I have not sensed any form of hatred fr. Packer fans here. That is BS propaganda raised by people that have a false sense of pride. People who feel helpless in some manner or other and have decided to condemn posters here that are as justified too serve their observations as the Pro TT people. Unfortunately the anti-TT people here are clearly not only justified in their arguments but this season in my view will (again unfortunately) prove them correct about any TT deceits,incompetence or to be somewhat direct his stupidity (again based in his inexperience or inability to function as the Packer GM).

To read the posts of the TT supporters and their claims of people here that are Ted Thompson HATER's is an ovvious tactic on their behalf to act in a defensive posture, because they have no other course of argument to support Ted Thompson. It has to be obvious he tossed 2007 into the can.

This is a case of pride comes before shame.We all act that way as we come to maturity in our lives.Again to be fair both sides are stubborn in the stances against and for Ted Thompson.

What is the real deal here. We are PACKER fans and Rastak and we have a few Bear fans drop in quite regularly.

The bottom line should be obvious. To enjoy Green Bay Packer success in 2007.

I don't see that happening in 2007. TT should have enable just that. He may have (as I perceive it) left us weaker that we were last season or one where our SOS was much easier than it is in 2007.

For those of you who point your finger and exclaim HATRED. Take a HARD look at YOURSELVES before resorting to such SCULL TACTICS.

NOT supporting TT's style and manner as our GM in light of his off season doesn't translate to HATRED of Ted Thompson.

PLEASE smarten up !! :)

and PEACE OUT !

GO PACKERS !!

PackerTimer
08-30-2007, 02:08 PM

Since TT is so dumb and all the other GMs are so smart, why is Henderson not on another roster let alone starting for someone else??!?!??

It's all a grand conspiracy that TT started to bring down Brett Farve and the Packers, while also costing himself a job.

Carolina_Packer
08-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Does this post constitute a camp fight? Two a days, hell some of you post way more than that. I can understand the heat of training camp, the rough conditions, the uncertainty about position battles. It can get to you after while. I think it's good you guys found an outlet, but at the end of the day we are all a team! Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to get drunk.

woodbuck27
08-30-2007, 02:25 PM

It's all a grand conspiracy that TT started to bring down Brett Favre and the Packers, while also costing himself a job.

YUP. :) YOU set yourself up for this.

Poor Ole Ted's made himself 'the Patsy'.

Every Packer fan must weigh it, and where it fits bear the shame.

It's either that, or Ole Ted doesn't have a clue. Ted Thompson certainly fails us incredibly on offense, again this off season.

Exibition 'A'.

You need not look further back than this off season. He didn't even come out of the gates.

No excuse is good enough for how he let the Packer Vets down over the past 2, now 3 years.

A prediction:

Watch in the future how Packer players bail on our team because it's too obvious that Ted Thompson lacks what we deserve as a GM.

SkinBasket
08-30-2007, 02:28 PM
He was no longer effective? WOW, just wow. Like I said, show me where?

Conveniently you forget that Henderson had his knee scoped and that was used as an excuse to keep him off of the active roster much of the season. Kneew scopes are a 2-3 week recovery at the most.

Lookie there! You answered your own question. Old guys take a lot longer to recover from injury and surgeries - even basic ones. Unless you have some kind of inside info on this grand conspiracy to keep him off the active roster, or even an explanation of your own delusions, you might want to focus less on such intangible thoughts and instead focus on something more grounded in reality.

If you want proof of his ineffectiveness, I suggest watching some film of Henderson in his prime, when he was smashing backers and leading the RB through the hole. Then watch his later years, when he became mired down at the line, didn't get to his blocks, was pushed backward, and fell behind the guys he was supposed to be blocking for.

He contributed a lot to the team, but suggesting he was good in his final years is a stretch. Suggesting he could still play today is foolishness.

LaFours
08-30-2007, 02:29 PM

I sense that.

The contention bet. the for and against Ted Thompson for GM has reached some fever pitch, because it's a criticle season under his watch. It's the contention that he's lost in his position because there must be some TRUTH to that or it's a fact.I base that on the dedication and intelligence I see in those that are on the anti TT side.

I certainly respect and don't mean to undermine any poster at Packerrats. Just being a member here and a Packer fan bracets us as intelligent as a board. :)

This Packer forum as a whole has very polite people enjoying it. Any perceived tension is due to 'the fact' that the anti - TT PACKER FANS, that include me, are rightly in us frustrated PACKER FANS.

Why is that? Well it's too obbvious. TT did so little for us in a very real sense since 2006 ended to allow us to maintain some sense of real momentum for this season (2007).

His off season as our Packer GM could have been as well served by 'a Teddy Bear' !

Some of us claim that he didn't get it done and that is in my view very kind to TT. I have not sensed any form of hatred fr. Packer fans here. That is BS propaganda raised by people that have a false sense of pride. People who feel helpless in some manner or other and have decided to condemn posters here that are as justified too serve their observations as the Pro TT people. Unfortunately the anti-TT people here are clearly not only justified in their arguments but this season in my view will (again unfortunately) prove them correct about any TT deceits,incompetence or to be somewhat direct his stupidity (again based in his inexperience or inability to function as the Packer GM).

To read the posts of the TT supporters and their claims of people here that are Ted Thompson HATER's is an ovvious tactic on their behalf to act in a defensive posture, because they have no other course of argument to support Ted Thompson. It has to be obvious he tossed 2007 into the can.

This is a case of pride comes before shame.We all act that way as we come to maturity in our lives.Again to be fair both sides are stubborn in the stances against and for Ted Thompson.

What is the real deal here. We are PACKER fans and Rastak and we have a few Bear fans drop in quite regularly.

I don't see that happening in 2007. TT should have enable just that. He may have (as I perceive it) left us weaker that we were last season or one where our SOS was much easier than it is in 2007.

For those of you who point your finger and exclaim HATRED. Take a HARD look at YOURSELVES before resorting to such SCULL TACTICS.

NOT supporting TT's style and manner as our GM in light of his off season doesn't translate to HATRED of Ted Thompson.

and PEACE OUT !

GO PACKERS !!

I hear what you are saying Woody and have heard what you are saying for some time now.

The problem I see with the Great Packer Polarization is that when I ask myself the "What's next?" question for both sides of the great divide, it doesn't look pretty for this great forum that you speak so highly of. If we do well this year, those in support of Ted have the ammunition to run you and your fellow anti-turtle advocates out of town rubbing your noses in the opinions you have staked yourselves to up to this point. If we do poorly this year, then you and your fellow advocates will have the ammunition to run the pro-Ted regime into the ground by shoving their ignorant kool-aid drinking dispositions back in their faces.

In the meantime, some of us just want to understand the positive and negative advancements of this team in an effort to identify how the year will shape up, and somehow there is an expectation that we pledge our allegiance to one side or the other somewhere down the road (and the sooner the better).

The reality is that this should never be about a GM and spare me the "TT made it about himself through his actions" routine. We've heard it to no end.

It really has come to the point that each side of the great divide has cemeted their opinions to the point of no return. I for one am not looking forward to the inevitable split that this forum will have to endure to maintain its success as an informed packer forum for people of all opinions to enjoy.

Woody, can you imagine yourself admitting that you were wrong about Ted if the season turns out to be successful? I'd venture to say that you cannot for the very same reasons that those in support of Ted could not if the season turns out to be a failure.

For this reason, there is an rift on this forum that only maturity can cure.

The sooner we all start to realize that the Packers are fun to watch (and even more fun to watch when they are winning) and that this is the reason we are on her discussing the merits of each move and non-move, the better.

We definitely have some growing up to do.

woodbuck27
08-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm done with this. I'm so hateful.

NOT !!!

Let the 2007 season record speak for all YOU Packer fans that will go on supporting him no matter what.

Bath in your pride and suffer the price. :)

GO PACKERS !!

woodbuck27
08-30-2007, 02:59 PM

I sense that.

and PEACE OUT !

GO PACKERS !!

I hear what you are saying Woody and have heard what you are saying for some time now.

The problem I see with the Great Packer Polarization is that when I ask myself the "What's next?" question for both sides of the great divide, it doesn't look pretty for this great forum that you speak so highly of. If we do well this year, those in support of Ted have the ammunition to run you and your fellow anti-turtle advocates out of town rubbing your noses in the opinions you have staked yourselves to up to this point. If we do poorly this year, then you and your fellow advocates will have the ammunition to run the pro-Ted regime into the ground by shoving their ignorant kool-aid drinking dispositions back in their faces.

In the meantime, some of us just want to understand the positive and negative advancements of this team in an effort to identify how the year will shape up, and somehow there is an expectation that we pledge our allegiance to one side or the other somewhere down the road (and the sooner the better).

The reality is that this should never be about a GM and spare me the "TT made it about himself through his actions" routine. We've heard it to no end.

It really has come to the point that each side of the great divide has cemeted their opinions to the point of no return. I for one am not looking forward to the inevitable split that this forum will have to endure to maintain its success as an informed packer forum for people of all opinions to enjoy.

Woody, can you imagine yourself admitting that you were wrong about Ted if the season turns out to be successful? I'd venture to say that you cannot for the very same reasons that those in support of Ted could not if the season turns out to be a failure.

For this reason, there is an rift on this forum that only maturity can cure.

The sooner we all start to realize that the Packers are fun to watch (and even more fun to watch when they are winning) and that this is the reason we are on her discussing the merits of each move and non-move, the better.

We definitely have some growing up to do.

I will swear before this fourm that I am not (personally) about being right, but rather about what is right for our team.

I'm very mature, astute and passionate about what I deem is ala, ''something rotten in the state of Denmark''.

There is absolutely no manner of hatred, as emotion in me for Ted Thompson, or any other human being that lives on this great earth.

I'm just one of those Packer fans that is spent on the frustration that TT serves up as a steady diet for all Packer fans. A growing number of us can't stomach it as he sets it down.

Why do we have to be cowtoe'd by members here that choose to stick their heads in the sand?

This is an open forum. As long as we act polite and civil to all here one to the other, the democratic process will continue I expect.

I'm a fair man, a just human person. I am all about winning for Packer fans and I refuse to be deluded. I don't aim to win things just to me. I'm not EGO driven. It's all about the state of our team.

I don't toss sand in another's face. Too bad more of the PRO TT side wern't more as I am that way.

I only promote towords a better direction.To proceed on a path where we all win.

I stand on this with all my ability to use simple analysis.

I BLAME GM TED THOMPSON FOR THE STATE WE ARE PRESENTLY FINDING OUR TEAM IN.

We will not have a successful season because TT didn't enable that

I see clearly what he's done to cause our failure in 2007. It doesn't take much to be where I am. :)

What this claim of yours is:

That depended on the outcome of this season. The PRO and ANTI TT Packer fans here must, one side or the other leave Packerrats is ludicrious. :)

Why do I make that claim?

Because we will fall short of 8-8, and the TT supporters will go on still making every excuse for his NOT ways. Thus it will just simply continue as a debate.

For those that can't muster the parts for that debate simply don't read posts that concern that issue and if YOU DO STAY COMPLETEL:Y AWAY FROM IT.

If YOU read either side and need to comment. Simply slant your post to support one side or the other.

Don't whine. . . PLEASE.

Don't read and weep !

Be mature. PLEASE. :)

GO PACKERS !

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 03:14 PM

And we've all heard it to death--over, and over, and over, and over and over ad nauseum. We have the team we have and none of us have the power to change the team we have. I personally plan to stand behind them. All of them. Even the ones that I'm not sure about right now. You know who they are. I've already told you. Yet I don't know how you feel about any of them (except Brett Favre and Donald Driver) for the upcoming season because all I've heard is complaining about what some dude in the office did or didn't do. I like you Woody, but this was likely the first post of yours that I've read in over a month (ok, I just skimmed it) and it's exactly the same stuff as was in the last post a month ago. I don't care one lick any more about TT's record and the offseason moves. I like our team and can't wait to watch them play.

woodbuck27
08-30-2007, 03:25 PM

And we've all heard it to death--over, and over, and over, and over and over ad nauseum. We have the team we have and none of us have the power to change the team we have. I personally plan to stand behind them. All of them. Even the ones that I'm not sure about right now. You know who they are. I've already told you. Yet I don't know how you feel about any of them (except Brett Favre and Donald Driver) for the upcoming season because all I've heard is complaining about what some dude in the office did or didn't do. I like you Woody, but this was likely the first post of yours that I've read in over a month (ok, I just skimmed it) and it's exactly the same stuff as was in the last post a month ago. I don't care one lick any more about TT's record and the offseason moves. I like our team and can't wait to watch them play.

Sure mj. :)

Now you go ahead and be what you must be as I will for what I must be.

FAIR ????

Partial
08-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I like our team and can't wait to watch them play.

I love our team and absolutely cannot wait for the Eagles game to get fired up and get behind my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, to the end of training camp and moving on to the next step of loving and supporting our team through thick and thin :arrow: :glug: :alc: :cow: :wow: :drma: :five: :bump: :bclap: :flag: :tup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

THIS IS SERIOUSLY ME WALKING AROUND GOING ABOUT MY DAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SJCjkgo-co

MJZiggy
08-30-2007, 03:38 PM

FAIR ????

As long as I don't hear the name Ted Thompson, TT 3T or whatever the hell name people have been using to fight about him, you can be whatever you want How 'bout that James Jones???

Partial, I'm with you!!! Let 'em play!!!! :pack: :pack: :pack: :jig: :wave: :glug:

rpiotr01
08-30-2007, 04:00 PM

Deeper at DL, CB, and LB than we have been in ten years?

Deeper at WR than we've been in several years (arguably deeper than Walker-Driver-Fergie)?

Weaker at RB and TE than we have been in years?

Meh, I'll take it. Give credit where credit is due, and point out weakness and shortcomings when it's due. Overall, not as bad as you make it seem. And not nearly as good as it could/ should be.

Our defense now may be as good as our offense was 2002-2004, i.e. top 7. And our O now is probably as bad as our D was then. So the question is, can our D now carry the O the way the O then carried the D? Time will tell. If it does, the team will have success. If not? Then 8-8 or so again.

Fritz
08-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Where are the Miree backers, you ask?

Easy. Like most fans, we simply look around with a confused air, asking "What? What Miree backers? Yeah, who were those fools, anyway?"

At least that's what I do.

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Shit happens, Miree was a decent player last year but had some injuries, and this year with the stingers sucks, which leads to Korry Hall.

I asked about William Henderson earlier in pre-season, but to be honest if he had anything left in the tank, then why wasn't he picked up by another team?

I guess him and Gilbert Brown are still sitting by the phone waiting for that call from an NFL GM ready to put them into action.

BallHawk
08-30-2007, 06:40 PM
THIS IS SERIOUSLY ME WALKING AROUND GOING ABOUT MY DAY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SJCjkgo-co

The old MNF opening with Hank was the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MpJn4b-IV8

Scott Campbell
08-30-2007, 09:22 PM
..........my view will (again unfortunately) prove them correct about any TT deceits,incompetence or to be somewhat direct his stupidity (again based in his inexperience or inability to function as the Packer GM).

Deceits? Imcompetence? Inability to function?

Read your own words Woody. It's not propoganda. It's not BS. It's not false pride - whatever that hell that is.

It's just my opinion. That you hate Ted.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm a fair man, a very just human person. I don't aim to win things just to me. I'm not EGO driven. I don't toss sand in another's face. Too bad more of the PRO TT side wern't more as I am that way.

You're right, we should all try to be more like you Woody.

http://www.heart-cry.com/love/Jesus_ws.jpg

Fritz
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Umm, Scott, I think you need to use the laughing Jesus pic. Woody's a happy guy!

Lurker64
08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Umm, Scott, I think you need to use the laughing Jesus pic. Woody's a happy guy!

Buy also very determined, much like:

FOOTBALL JESUS

http://catholicshopper.com/products/media/DE_3976.jpg

Say... we could use help at running back, and he's breaking a tackle before he gets the ball even. Hurry up and sign Jesus TT!

Brohm
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
WTF TT hasn't signed Jesus! FAILURE!! :shock: :P

Merlin
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Shit happens, Miree was a decent player last year but had some injuries, and this year with the stingers sucks, which leads to Korry Hall.

I asked about William Henderson earlier in pre-season, but to be honest if he had anything left in the tank, then why wasn't he picked up by another team?

I guess him and Gilbert Brown are still sitting by the phone waiting for that call from an NFL GM ready to put them into action.

Comparing Glibert to Henderson is lame. How do you know Henderson hasn't been contacted by any teams? Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. I suspect that Henderson is looking more into broadcasting and wants to retire a Packer. The guy is class all the way so it's no surprise to me that we haven't heard anything about him.

Fritz
08-31-2007, 11:17 AM

Buy also very determined, much like:

FOOTBALL JESUS

http://catholicshopper.com/products/media/DE_3976.jpg

Say... we could use help at running back, and he's breaking a tackle before he gets the ball even. Hurry up and sign Jesus TT!

This is a most hilarious picture. You made my day. Where can I get one of these things? I have just the right spot on my mantle.

Partial
08-31-2007, 11:29 AM

Comparing Glibert to Henderson is lame. How do you know Henderson hasn't been contacted by any teams? Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. I suspect that Henderson is looking more into broadcasting and wants to retire a Packer. The guy is class all the way so it's no surprise to me that we haven't heard anything about him.

And how do you know the exact opposite hasn't occured? The fact is you know about as much about William Henderson as I know random joe down the street. My guess is if he had a chance to make 600 grand, he'd be taking it.

The Leaper
08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I think it's foolish to dismiss a player simply because you have your facts wrong or you refuse to accept reality.

What part of the statistics I listed were wrong? Henderson had career lows across the board, and he wasn't the starter week one...even though he was healthy enough apparently to start the next few weeks when he had to.

Henderson is old. There is nothing wrong with that. We all get there. He lost any remaining value he had when we switched over to a new blocking scheme that he wasn't familiar with. I'm grateful for his contributions over the years and will gladly welcome him into the Packer HOF in a few years.

I don't see why in the hell you think Thompson is such an ass because he did not retain a 35 year old FB who was marginal at best in 2006.

rbaloha1
08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Hendu is still interesting in resuming his playing career. Guess what -- no takers.

Does this mean anything?

swede
08-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Five pages and we still don't know where the Miree backers are!

But at least we know that you can find Football Jesus at

http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/_borders/3000157.jpg

SkinBasket
08-31-2007, 01:39 PM

I didn't know there was such a thing as an actual Miree backer. Should we try to find out where the leprechauns are too?

Partial
08-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Miree is my dog. He's destined for stardom. Stardom of soap operas, that is. Boy, can that cat act.

Freak Out
08-31-2007, 01:44 PM

I didn't know there was such a thing as an actual Miree backer. Should we try to find out where the leprechauns are too?

If you follow the rainbow to the pot of gold you will find Leprechauns and Miree backers.

SkinBasket
08-31-2007, 01:49 PM

If you follow the rainbow to the pot of gold you will find Leprechauns and Miree backers.

Well, that settles it then. We know where they are. Thread over?

rpiotr01
08-31-2007, 01:53 PM

Yeah, really. I didn't know FBs had backers. That's like saying, "Booyah, in yo face, all you Brian Dougherty fans!!!"

woodbuck27
08-31-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm a fair man, a very just human person. I don't aim to win things just to me. I'm not EGO driven. I don't toss sand in another's face. Too bad more of the PRO TT side wern't more as I am that way.

You're right, we should all try to be more like you Woody.

http://www.heart-cry.com/love/Jesus_ws.jpg

Push off with your Scott Campbell BULLSHIT.. . .please.

If you desire the battle again forget it Scott. Lay your smack elsewhere because you can get really stupid Scott (bullish) if you fail to rope it.

We are on different sides of this debate and very different people Scott. So for the forum back the accusations of me and HATE off please.

I don't even hate you Scott. There is only one member of this forum that dips in once in a while that really piss's me off and most here know who that is. :)

I have no time for foolishness fueled by self abuse.

woodbuck27
08-31-2007, 02:34 PM

FAIR ????

As long as I don't hear the name Ted Thompson, TT 3T or whatever the hell name people have been using to fight about him, you can be whatever you want How 'bout that James Jones???

Partial, I'm with you!!! Let 'em play!!!! :pack: :pack: :pack: :jig: :wave: :glug:

What are you imagining mj?? That your (possibly)

The dictator of all things right in and for you at Packerrats? The pure example of what's correct at Packerrats in terms of a social order and politics?

Do you place yourself in some special category here mj?

If you don't like my positions then just ignore them in all manners. I have every right to express my concerns and views otherwise on Packer matters here as long as my conduct is appropriate.

Partial
08-31-2007, 02:41 PM
You do have every right but your rhetoric and banter is getting very, very old in a hurry. You, RG, Packnut, Packerblues, etc are all preaching the same thing and not adding one damn thing to conversation, let alone anything interesting.

The off-season is over. Get over it and accept your team for what it is. Why not start breaking down film of the eagles and figure out how we can beat them instead of bitching about TT??

Fritz
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
How do you beat the Eagles? Can the d-line keep McNabb from escaping the pocket and still apply some pressure? Can Nick Barnett cover Brian Westbrook?

MJZiggy
08-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Can McNabb run well enough these days to escape the pocket under heavy pressure?

Merlin
08-31-2007, 11:06 PM
I think it's foolish to dismiss a player simply because you have your facts wrong or you refuse to accept reality.

What part of the statistics I listed were wrong? Henderson had career lows across the board, and he wasn't the starter week one...even though he was healthy enough apparently to start the next few weeks when he had to.

Henderson is old. There is nothing wrong with that. We all get there. He lost any remaining value he had when we switched over to a new blocking scheme that he wasn't familiar with. I'm grateful for his contributions over the years and will gladly welcome him into the Packer HOF in a few years.

I don't see why in the hell you think Thompson is such an ass because he did not retain a 35 year old FB who was marginal at best in 2006.

Okay, for the last time: READ THE ENTIRE POST before you respond. Henderson was not on the active roster every game. He did not play every game. He did not get the playing time he normally got. ERGO how could his stats be the same as his average when they guy wasn't on the field to get the friggin stats??? Re-read what I said, post what I said in it's entirety and quit taking bits and pieces and making shit up. My God, do you work for the main stream media or something?

As far as "marginal at best", he was better then Miree and Miree got the nod. So what's Miree then? Shit? And yeah, 3T is an ass and not only because of his warped logic (some of which you seem to have attained), but for other bonehead moves and his "I like who we have" and "I hope we are a good team" mantra. His skull is way too thick to see the error of his ways.

And for the last time, quit using his age as a reason. There have been many players in the NFL who played late into their 30's and sometimes 40's who played the game just fine. Henderson is just that type of player. But we will never know because 3T didn't want him around anymore. It was NOT performance based by any stretch of the imagination.

Merlin
08-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Hendu is still interesting in resuming his playing career. Guess what -- no takers.

Does this mean anything?

Link? Or is this more speculation? Face it, none of us know what offers he may or may not have gotten or what career path he is interested in. To bash me because I offer what I suspect is true and then say "you don't know anything" is ridiculous (this is in response to a different post). Once again, READ THE ENTIRE POST PEOPLE.

Joemailman
08-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Can McNabb run well enough these days to escape the pocket under heavy pressure?

I'm more worried about Westbrook. I suspect they will try to get him isolated coming out of the backfield on Poppinga. The play of Poppinga will be a huge key this year.

Merlin
08-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Isn't Westbrook injury prone to? I know when healthy the guy is all-world but isn't he injured a lot?

SkinBasket
09-01-2007, 08:31 AM

Does this mean anything?

Link? Or is this more speculation? Face it, none of us know what offers he may or may not have gotten or what career path he is interested in. To bash me because I offer what I suspect is true and then say "you don't know anything" is ridiculous (this is in response to a different post). Once again, READ THE ENTIRE POST PEOPLE.

Merlin, those of us who think he's too old have proof. The fact he doesn't have a job is the proof that he can't play football anymore. There were damn near 2500 bodies in camps throughout the league this year. He wasn't one of them. If someone, anyone, was at all interested in what they thought Henderson might have left, he would have gotten a call. This seems, at least to me, to carry a little more weight than your own personal suspicions of some league wide conspiracy to keep Henderson out of football.

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Does this mean anything?

Merlin, those of us who think he's too old have proof. The fact he doesn't have a job is the proof that he can't play football anymore. There were damn near 2500 bodies in camps throughout the league this year. He wasn't one of them. If someone, anyone, was at all interested in what they thought Henderson might have left, he would have gotten a call. This seems, at least to me, to carry a little more weight than your own personal suspicions of some league wide conspiracy to keep Henderson out of football.

But Skin, what about Henderson's undying loyalty and faith in the Packers? I am sure that is why he is turning down other offers.

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Where Are The Miree Backers Now?

We're Korey Hall backers now ;)

SkinBasket
09-01-2007, 01:49 PM
But Skin, what about Henderson's undying loyalty and faith in the Packers? I am sure that is why he is turning down other offers.

Yeah, I forgot about that time we all ate string cheese together in the mall food court and he told us his innermost desires and personal feelings. I mean, how else would someone know this kind of stuff about him, right?

the_idle_threat
09-01-2007, 11:49 PM
I have no time for foolishness fueled by self abuse.

There's always time for self abuse. :twisted:

LaFours
09-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Where are the Miree backers now? Better yet, where is Miree?

retailguy
09-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Where are the Miree backers now? Better yet, where is Miree?

At home on the couch with the rest of us.... where he belongs.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2007, 04:20 PM

What are you imagining (Woody)?? That your (possibly)

The dictator of all things right in and for you at Packerrats? The pure example of what's correct at Packerrats in terms of a social order and politics?

Do you place yourself in some special category here (Woody)?

If you don't like my positions then just ignore them in all manners. I have every right to express my concerns and views otherwise on Packer matters here as long as my conduct is appropriate.

superfan
09-03-2007, 01:33 AM
There is only one member of this forum that dips in once in a while that really piss's me off and most here know who that is. :)

Hear you loud and clear. Patler really pisses me off too. Always starting trouble.

:wink:

Deputy Nutz
09-03-2007, 02:38 AM

What are you imagining (Woody)?? That your (possibly)

Do you place yourself in some special category here (Woody)?

You don't even have to be appropriate.

MJZiggy
09-03-2007, 08:28 AM
There is only one member of this forum that dips in once in a while that really piss's me off and most here know who that is. :)

Hear you loud and clear. Patler really pisses me off too. Always starting trouble.

:wink:

:whaa: :P :lol:

Merlin
09-03-2007, 09:48 AM

Yeah, I forgot about that time we all ate string cheese together in the mall food court and he told us his innermost desires and personal feelings. I mean, how else would someone know this kind of stuff about him, right?

I am willing to bet that whatever the popular bandwagon is, you are on it. I am also willing to bet that you think basing an opinion on something that cannot be proved is considered fact. BTW, that's called a theory and I will believe in my theory about Henderson until evidence concludes my theory is incorrect. No one, not one person has provided one shred of evidence to conclude the fate of Henderson and what he has done or not done. I have asked and people argue until they are blue in the face but they don't provide any support for their argument. If Henderson is old (as is the basis for "most people" according to you), then so is Favre and he should hang em up. While most of us can agree Favre is old and his skills aren't what they used to be, you can put a nail in Henderson's coffin even though he is younger and the last time he played for us he did just fine. Interesting logic you got going there.

MJZiggy
09-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I love the guy, but the evidence is in his employment status.

retailguy
09-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I love the guy, but the evidence is in his employment status.

Seems to me that you'd say, "Plenty of good people are unemployed right now". :wink:

MJZiggy
09-03-2007, 10:02 AM
From what I hear, not in the NFL world...

Deputy Nutz
09-03-2007, 10:12 AM

I am willing to bet that whatever the popular bandwagon is, you are on it. I am also willing to bet that you think basing an opinion on something that cannot be proved is considered fact. BTW, that's called a theory and I will believe in my theory about Henderson until evidence concludes my theory is incorrect. No one, not one person has provided one shred of evidence to conclude the fate of Henderson and what he has done or not done. I have asked and people argue until they are blue in the face but they don't provide any support for their argument. If Henderson is old (as is the basis for "most people" according to you), then so is Favre and he should hang em up. While most of us can agree Favre is old and his skills aren't what they used to be, you can put a nail in Henderson's coffin even though he is younger and the last time he played for us he did just fine. Interesting logic you got going there.

I guess there are two worlds, Reality World and Fantasy World. In Reality me and skin hang out at the mall and eat string cheese at the old Swiss Colony and get Clearly Canadians for a $1.25. We see pretty girls walk by and we dare each other to go talk to them, but we just laugh and enjoy our cheese.

In Fantasy World, Henderson has a job in the NFL.

RashanGary
09-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Your reality is my fantasy, Nutz