PDA

View Full Version : Are You Ready For Some College Football?

oregonpackfan
08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
College football season starts tonight on ESPN.

Thursday night, Oregon State is playing against Utah. Scott Campbell, are your wives going to let you have some time away from them so that you can watch the game?

I predict an Oregon State win by 7 points. :)

gbpackfan
08-29-2007, 06:16 PM
I can't wait to watch the Badgers ROLL teams this season. Maybe the Packers should watch Wisconsin and get a good look at what a solid running game looks like!!!!

Rastak
08-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I am....picked up a Gopher season ticket this year and got a really outstanding seat. Season starts Saturday night....

Lurker64
08-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I can't wait to watch the Badgers ROLL teams this season. Maybe the Packers should watch Wisconsin and get a good look at what a solid running game looks like!!!!

If the Packers want to see the Badgers offense, they can just watch the Vikings this season.

Packnut
08-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Loading up on LSU laying the heavy chalk. Also taking the Badgers laying 14 and my favorite, Mizzou laying 5.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Who are the Oregon State greats that we shoud be aware of?

Is that Harrington's college? Dan Fouts?

oregonpackfan
08-29-2007, 07:09 PM

Oregon State does not have any All-American candidates this year. They just have a solid, all-around talented team, particularly their O-line.

Their top WR, Sammie Stroughter, has elected not to play this season due to the deaths of 2 members of his family. That was a big hit to the team's offensive power.

Both Joey Harrington and Dan both played for the U. of Oregon Ducks--archrivals of the Oregon State Beavers.

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 08:32 PM
I am....picked up a Gopher season ticket this year and got a really outstanding seat. Season starts Saturday night....

Was that as hard to come across as a Viking ticket? :wink:

The Badgers game to end the season, in Minnesota, should be a good one. However, I'm more concerned about the back-to-back games at OSU and against Michigan. That'll be huge. Hopefully they win the games they are supposed to win and go into those two games undefeated. As long as they win one of the two, they should end up in a BCS bowl.

Go Badgers. :glug:

Charles Woodson
08-29-2007, 09:18 PM
FSU over clemson baby

Packnut
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
FSU over clemson baby

Yeah, I'm leaning that way too right now.

4and12to12and4
08-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Is anyone here gonna subscribe to the "Big Ten Network"? I think they are starting in a week or two. That would be awesome. I'm checking to see if DirectTv is optioning it. What a great channel that would be.

I heard the Badgers are starting out ranked 13th. Patler, is that correct? That's pretty good, considering we lost Thomas, and our starting QB. Starting 13th could get get us into the Championship is we win as many games as we did last year, especially if we beat the Ohio States and Michigans of the conference. (Do we play them both?). Because last year, we started off the charts, we weren't even in the top 25 if my memory is correct. So, Go Badgers, here's to an undefeated season.

By the way, who is our starting QB, and what's the scoop on him?

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
I heard the Badgers are starting out ranked 13th. Patler, is that correct? That's pretty good, considering we lost Thomas, and our starting QB. Starting 13th could get get us into the Championship is we win as many games as we did last year, especially if we beat the Ohio States and Michigans of the conference. (Do we play them both?). Because last year, we started off the charts, we weren't even in the top 25 if my memory is correct. So, Go Badgers, here's to an undefeated season.

We're #7 in both the AP and USA Today poll.

Not only do we play both OSU and Michigan, we play them back-to-back in early November. That'll be the test for this team. If we can win at least one, we're in good shape for a BCS bowl.

Tyler Donovan, a 5th year senior, is the starting QB, for now. It could change to Evridge as the season progresses, depending on how TD plays. Evridge is a transfer from K-State and is a junior. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting by October. He's probably the better QB, for now and for next season.

If the Badgers can work it out at QB, they could do really, really well.

Partial
08-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Bucky is gonna be good because they will ride the defense to the championship. Everybody talks about USC's linebackers, but I think the Badgers might have the best trio in the country. If not this year, next year for sure.

The loss of Cooper hurts. Hopefully Shaunessy has a return to freshman form and puts up big numbers to compensate.

Scott Campbell
08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
College football season starts tonight on ESPN.

Thursday night, Oregon State is playing against Utah. Scott Campbell, are your wives going to let you have some time away from them so that you can watch the game?

I predict an Oregon State win by 7 points. :)

I'm traveling in IA this week. Hope I get it here. MWC team against a Pac 20 team at home. You should win by more than 7. I can't get a read on this Utah team. They've already squandered away the swagger they had when Urban Meyer was here.

VegasPackFan
08-29-2007, 10:59 PM
GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2007, 10:59 PM
GO BUCKEYES!

BallHawk
08-29-2007, 11:07 PM
GO BUCKEYES!

Circle Nov. 3rd on your calendar. That's gonna be one hell of a game!

VegasPackFan
08-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Harv,

It looks like we posted that simultaneuosly.

Pretty cool

cpk1994
08-30-2007, 06:40 AM

I hope you know that Nick Barnett's is an alum of OSU.

Partial
08-30-2007, 07:35 AM

I hope you know that Nick Barnett's is an alum of OSU.

And the dominating tackle James Lee

SudsMcBucky
08-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Is anyone here gonna subscribe to the "Big Ten Network"? I think they are starting in a week or two. That would be awesome. I'm checking to see if DirectTv is optioning it. What a great channel that would be.

BTN's launch is tonight at 8pm ET. They start with a 1 hour college FB preview show, followed by the Michy/OSU game from last year. It's on their base package, so if you have DirecTV, you have the BTN (plus the NFL network.) What a great deal!!!!

Packnut
08-30-2007, 10:03 AM

BTN's launch is tonight at 8pm ET. They start with a 1 hour college FB preview show, followed by the Michy/OSU game from last year. It's on their base package, so if you have DirecTV, you have the BTN (plus the NFL network.) What a great deal!!!!

Gotta love Directv! 8-)