PDA

View Full Version : Lovie May Want a Do-over - Briggs' Whereabouts Revealed

Him8123
08-29-2007, 03:44 PM
CHICAGO -- NBC5 has discovered what Bears' linebacker Lance Briggs was doing before his new Lamborghini car smashed into a light pole along the Edens Expressway early Monday morning.

NBC5's Anna Davlantes reported Briggs was at least two Chicago clubs Sunday night, Davlantes said: Krem, located on North Clark Street, and Level, which is on Rush Street. Briggs was heading to his Northbrook home when he crashed. Briggs told police he was driving the car when he lost control.

Bears coach Lovie Smith dismissed reporters' question about alcohol, Davlantes reported.

"How did we get to that?" Smith asked. "We have a one-car accident, and now alcohol is involved? I think that's stretching it a little bit."

LEWCWA
08-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Just deny, deny, deny! They got nothin'!

oregonpackfan
08-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I make it a firm practice of never drinking before I drive around in my Lamborghini! :)

BF4MVP
08-29-2007, 07:37 PM
"How did we get to that?" Smith asked. "We have a one-car accident, and now alcohol is involved? I think that's stretching it a little bit."
Ummmm wow..It's pretty self-explanitory..If Briggs had done nothing wrong, he wouldn't have had a reason to "panic," flee from the scene, and report his car stolen when it wasn't..

One-car accidents happen...It's not anything to run from...But naturally people will assume that he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing when he crashed...ergo -----------------> drinking and driving..

I love how they're just completely ignorant..

MadtownPacker
08-29-2007, 08:20 PM
The football gods are not gonna be happy about this......

cheesner
08-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I make it a firm practice of never drinking before I drive around in my Lamborghini! :)Is that what your Ferrari is for?

BEARMAN
08-29-2007, 09:01 PM
The football gods are not gonna be happy about this......
Oh contraire my minion,.... the football gods are SMILING on Da BEARS ! :wave: :bump: :glug: :five: :jig: :taunt: :clap: :whist: :duel:

4and12to12and4
08-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh really, and why's that? As far as I can tell God is a Colt's fan.

Charles Woodson
08-29-2007, 09:20 PM
I make it a firm practice of never drinking before I drive around in my Lamborghini! :)Is that what your Ferrari is for?

What other reason would he put a hideous bears tag on the front for?

BEARMAN
08-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh really, and why's that? As far as I can tell God is a Colt's fan.
That was last year, this is this year. :roll:

BEARMAN
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
See, Briggs crashes his car and walks away without so much as a scratch, ... Football gods looking out for Da BEARS ! :wink:

Partial
08-29-2007, 10:31 PM
See, Briggs crashes his car and walks away without so much as a scratch, ... Football gods looking out for Da BEARS ! :wink:

Just be glad he didn't kill anyone. He is very lucky to be alive and that he didn't ruin anyone elses life. Don't drink and drive.

Scott Campbell
08-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Football gods looking out for Da BEARS ! :wink:

Gods looking out for the Bears??? Lance just trashed his $350K car. With friends like those, who needs enemies?

BF4MVP
08-29-2007, 10:56 PM

Just be glad he didn't kill anyone. He is very lucky to be alive and that he didn't ruin anyone elses life. Don't drink and drive.
Well, according to Lovie, this has nothing to do with drinking and driving.. :lol:

cpk1994
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
See, Briggs crashes his car and walks away without so much as a scratch, ... Football gods looking out for Da BEARS ! :wink:until Goodell drops the hammer.

BEARMAN
08-30-2007, 08:26 PM

You sir are 110% correct, and I am sorry if anthing I said was mistaken for condolence of drinking and driving. The very opisite is true, drinking and driving is not cool, in any way shape or form ! I was/am under the impresion that drinking wasn't a part of this. "IF" it is proven to be, then Briggs is in the wrong. Do you think the comish will suspend him for 10 or 12 games ? I hope not.

BF4MVP
08-30-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't think we'll ever know whether or not drinking was a part of it..He's been "punished" already with his $100 fine..But I'm just saying it's awfully suspicious that he would "panic" and report his car stolen if he hadn't done anything wrong..

If we were to somehow find out that he was drinking and driving, there is no question that he would be suspended..