PDA

View Full Version : Our boys over in NFLE

Guiness
05-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Had another good week.

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Chad Lucas caught a 13-yard touchdown pass from Gibran Hamdan in Amsterdam’s 18-17 victory over Hamburg in an NFL Europe game on Saturday.

Lucas caught six passes for 73 yards with a long of 22 yards.

Vince Butler, another Packers receiver, caught three passes for 22 yards with a long of 14 yards for the Admirals.

Packers safety Atari Bigby led Amsterdam with eight tackles (seven solo).

Packers cornerback Therrian Fontenot made four tackles (three solo) and had one pass defensed for the Fire.

Green Bay quarterback Jerome Nichols started for Frankfurt and had one solo tackle in the Galaxy’s 17-10 victory over Cologne on Sunday.

Lucas seems to be really tearing it up. Not so good for Nichols though. When your QB gets a solo tackle, that generally not good!

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Isn't he a DL? Wrofel is the awful QB we have over there.

Tyrone Bigguns
05-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Isn't he a DL? Wrofel is the awful QB we have over there.

Thought it was Wrobel. Whatever. No point is memorizing training camp fodder.

gbpackfan
05-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Lucas is the ONLY one who has a chance to make the 53 man roster. And that is even a long shot.

Driver
Ferguson
Boerigter
Jennings
Gardner
(then maybe on more spot - it should be a real battle)

MJZiggy
05-02-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm kinda pulling for Lucas.

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Lucas is the ONLY one who has a chance to make the 53 man roster. And that is even a long shot.

Driver
Ferguson
Boerigter
Jennings
Gardner
(then maybe on more spot - it should be a real battle)

And you'd have to say the 4th round pick, Rodgers, is the frontrunner for that 6th spot.

gbpackfan
05-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Rodgers has a real shot too.

I can pretty much guarantee you that FERGUSON WILL NOT BE CUT. He will count over 2 million bucks in cap space no matter when he is cut (june 1). He has experience and when he wants, and that is the key, he can make plays. He needs to get over the gator arms and get back up on the horse, but I just dont see us cutting him. He is a very good 3 or 4, def. not a 1!

Partial
05-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Maybe the tease will finally step up now that he will be a starting receiver and get his chance now that Walker is out of the way. Wouldn't that be something if he has a monster year and turns out better than Walker?!? :lol: alright alright, thats enough jokes for the day from me.

KYPack
05-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Rodgers has a real shot too.

I can pretty much guarantee you that FERGUSON WILL NOT BE CUT. He will count over 2 million bucks in cap space no matter when he is cut (june 1). He has experience and when he wants, and that is the key, he can make plays. He needs to get over the gator arms and get back up on the horse, but I just dont see us cutting him. He is a very good 3 or 4, def. not a 1!

Wow, yer right.

I assumed Fergy was gone. I had his hit at Zero. 1.4 mil in salary, 1.4 in bonus. I thought we cut him for sure. Well I looked it up, & you are correct, sir. They are cap fat, I would cut the Ferg just to get him out of my sight, but that is a helluva hit. I doubt they would absorb that big of a shot to the cap.

It's too bad, I really feel Fergy has played his way outta here.

Merlin
05-03-2006, 11:54 AM
That's the part about the whole contract thing that gets me. When you over perform a contract you scream and holler about needing more money. When you under perform a contract, mums the word. Contracts should be incentive laiden based on performance and showing up for practice.