David Clowney
Paul Thompson
DeShawn Wynn
Patrick Dendy
Tyrone Culver
Michael Montgomery - PUP or IR
Abdul Hodge - IR

24 Cuts

We then sign a TE and a RB via waiver wire or trade to get up to 53.

Practice Squad candidates are:
Carl-Johan Bjork
Rory Johnson
Orrin Thompson
Clark Harris
Tramon Williams
David Clowney
Paul Thompson
DeShawn Wynn

I forget how many we can have. 7 maybe?

I did not include trades in this list because that is way too complicated. Who knows what will get worked out.

Merlin
08-31-2007, 10:58 AM
I think the Packers will buy out Hodges contract and let him go. There is no reason to keep the guy around. I am still a bit leary naming Crosby our kicker yet. They may just keep them both and see how they do in the season before a decision is made. No reason to cut Rayner yet and no reason to name Crosby the starter yet. The best positive that could happen in keeping both is that at the end of the season they are still tied (and hopefully the good way). Then make the decision next season when teams are hard up for good kickers. The value would be raised. It's very doable.

Partial
08-31-2007, 11:34 AM
Hodge is as good as on the IR. If he was smart he wouldn't have played in last night's game and he would have guaranteed an IR spot in place of an injury settlement.

Guiness
08-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Some interesting ones in that list. Manuel is debatable, of course. I lot seem to think he starts or he's gone, even if he may be the 3rd best safety on the team.

Dendy is supposed to be our nickel back.

The one I'm really not sure about is Miree. I see you don't have White on your list (many do). Would we really go with 2 rookies at FB, one who is a convert?

Joemailman
08-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Everybody except these 53 guys:

QB (2) Favre, Rodgers
RB (4) Jackson, Morency, Herron, Wynn
FB (2) Hall, White
WR (5) Driver, Jennings, Martin, Jones, Holiday
TE (3) Lee, Franks, Free Agent
OL (8) Clifton, Colledge, Wells, Spitz, Tauscher, Coston, Moll, Barbre
DT (5) Pickett, Harrell, Cole, Jolly, Williams
DE (5) Kampman, Jenkins, KGB, Hunter, Birdine
LB (6) Barnett, Hawk, Poppinga, White, Bishop, Havner
CB (5) Harris, Woodson, Blackmon, Bush, Walker
(S) (5) Collins, Bigby, Rouse, Manuel, Peprah
ST (3) Crosby, Davis, Ryan

BooHoo
08-31-2007, 07:48 PM
I think the Packers will buy out Hodges contract and let him go. There is no reason to keep the guy around. I am still a bit leary naming Crosby our kicker yet. They may just keep them both and see how they do in the season before a decision is made. No reason to cut Rayner yet and no reason to name Crosby the starter yet. The best positive that could happen in keeping both is that at the end of the season they are still tied (and hopefully the good way). Then make the decision next season when teams are hard up for good kickers. The value would be raised. It's very doable.

I agree with keeping Rayner. He hasn't played poorly that bad and does keeping Crosby improve the team.

BooHoo
08-31-2007, 07:49 PM
I think Zac Alcorn has a good shot to make the team.