PDA

View Full Version : A quick thanks to the TT opposers

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2007, 07:17 AM
I think most of you out there are good-hearted, regular folks. A bunch of fans who have normal questions, normal worries. Doesn't matter if we disagree a bit on the GM.

This thread is just a shout-out to those who have stood-up to that one or two posters who are so foul, so rabid in their support of Ted Thompson, that they are beyond the pale of decency.

God bless you, God bless us all. Well, except for that one or two.

SkinBasket
08-31-2007, 07:55 AM
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images6/ACDJimmy_and_unimpressed_puppy_in_shower.jpg

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-31-2007, 09:11 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are we picking teams or something..........

SkinBasket
08-31-2007, 09:54 AM
http://www3.telus.net/public/cupguy/kitn.gif

Pick me! Pick me!

GrnBay007
08-31-2007, 06:51 PM
I think most of you out there are good-hearted, regular folks. A bunch of fans who have normal questions, normal worries. Doesn't matter if we disagree a bit on the GM.

This thread is just a shout-out to those who have stood-up to that one or two posters who are so foul, so rabid in their support of Ted Thompson, that they are beyond the pale of decency.

LOL there's the "old blue". :P

Too funny!

PackerBlues
08-31-2007, 07:02 PM
I have decided to take BallHawks advice to save time, and just start cutting and pasting my posts from one thread to another. :repost:

I think more than anything, those of us that some refer to as TT Bashers, are happy with the direction that the team is going...... however, we also see, and have seen for quite some time now, that the team could be improved greatly by adding a couple more veteran players. The draft is over, the only place to look for that improvement, is through a trade or free agency.

We are all excited about the start of the new season, and have high hopes for our team. It's just that some of us see the need for improvement in some areas that we are not happy with. Thompson has been sitting on $13. Million in cap room throughout the offseason this year. From what I understand, after cutting Fergy, Thompson is now sitting on $15 million in cap space.
Now if you see a need for improvement, and you have $15. Million in cap room, why not make something happen through free agency. Why not push for a trade with another team? I keep hearing that there was nobody out there, that was worth the money it would take to get them. Then there is the excuse that none of the free agents out there would have been enough of an improvement over what we have already, to garner their high salary. While these are good excuses, that is all that they are, excuses.

Fact of the matter is, Thompson is the man in charge of getting the players that the Packers need to improve the team. Irregardless of the excuses, this years Packer team, is going into the season with the same question marks that it had months ago. Ask Bretsky if he really thought that he would have to keep that sig for so damned long, lol. Irregardless of the excuses, the questions about our Offense should have been answered before the start of the season......... they were not, and yet we are $15 Million under the cap...... may be time to start thinking of some new excuses. :glug:

gbpackfan
08-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Bravo Harlan!

I'm not a TT hater. I just don't understand why so many of you support a man who only does 66% of his job.

retailguy
08-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Bravo Harlan!

I'm not a TT hater. I just don't understand why so many of you support a man who only does 66% of his job.

LOL :P

Ok, I'll bite, what 33% is not getting done?

RashanGary
08-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I understand where you guys are coming from. I think there is only so many good UFA's every year so he is doing the whole job but it's just taking more time than many would like.

I think the time is now, but we'll see. I do see where you guys are coming from though. I think it will work out this year, but I can see how people would feel otherwise.

My attack wasn't meant at any of you, really. It was out of frustration so feel free to fight back, I've dished it, I have no choice but to take it :)

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't sweat it, JustinHArrell. I'm actually mostly a TT supporter myself. I just joined the opposers cause they seemed like a more fun team.

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2007, 10:31 PM
http://www3.telus.net/public/cupguy/kitn.gif

Pick me! Pick me!

Awesome!

Merlin
08-31-2007, 10:35 PM
What happens to our cap if we cut Manual? I know what happens if we trade him but if we cut him don't we take a serious hit?

Lurker64
08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
What happens to our cap if we cut Manual? I know what happens if we trade him but if we cut him don't we take a serious hit?

Isn't his cap number only something like 1.5 million?

Merlin
08-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah but didn't he get a big signing bonus? 1,5 M for a backup is a lot. Why take that hit if you don't have to? He certainly won't be traded, well maybe to the Texans or Vikings, they seem to like our ex-players.

Partial
08-31-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah but didn't he get a big signing bonus? 1,5 M for a backup is a lot. Why take that hit if you don't have to? He certainly won't be traded, well maybe to the Texans or Vikings, they seem to like our ex-players.

2 mil bonus

Bretsky
08-31-2007, 11:43 PM

An interesting idea, but I imaged the thanks to all the TT opposers as some deep comparisons to George Orwell's 1984.......gotta follow Big Brother....don't let yourself differ from the Thought Police.........anyways, another funny thread

GO PACK