View Full Version : A daryn Colledge impressive stat

Charles Woodson
05-02-2006, 01:37 PM
How can a guy is 6-3 295lbs jave a 36 inch vertical jump

He also had started 51 straight games
and hes married

RashanGary
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
He's a very athletic big man...No doubt about that.........

Murphy37
05-02-2006, 02:01 PM
This guy is really intruiging to me. He seems to be a stud in every dept except upper body strength. I like the fact that he's married. More time in the weight room, and less time chaising the muff around. I'm pullin for this kid.

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I am a professional Arm measurer and in my professional opinion Colledge has very long arms. I have not had the priviledge to measure them myself, but just through pictures and film, I can see they have tremendous length. It is hard for a person with long arms to bench press a significant amount of weight. The length of the arms makes it hard to translate natural strength into the weight room. Remember I am a professional, I know these things.

In my opinion it is better for an offensive lineman to have longer arms, then short arms that result in better weight lifting numbers.

If anyone wants and arm length consultation, I charge 37.99 for a visitation.

Harlan Huckleby
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I remember reggie white had very modest numbers on the bench press. (multiple attempts w/ 225 pounds)

he was obviously strong as a bull, maybe he had long arms.

Tarlam!
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I am a professional .....

This forum gets more colourful every time I log on anew!

Patler
05-02-2006, 03:39 PM

I heard that it was very cold when he jumped, so the inches may have been shorter due to contraction. Now if it was a hot day, so the inches had expanded from the heat... then I would be impressed! :?

Patler
05-02-2006, 03:42 PM
I remember reggie white had very modest numbers on the bench press. (multiple attempts w/ 225 pounds)

Only a few of us know this, but Reggie used only one arm when he was tested. He was sipping a soda from a glass in his other hand at the time!

mraynrand
05-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I got a kick out of how some scouts called this 6-3, 295 pound behemoth 'skinny' I'm 6-3 and 200 pounds and I think I could stand to lose a few!

Nutz, are you a good judge of measuring all appendages, or just arms?

Partial
05-02-2006, 04:00 PM
another little known fact about reggie is that he was an all-american college swimmer.

swede
05-02-2006, 04:02 PM
I saw tape of the guy walking around in shorts and a jersey. He looks like a basketball player. I really don't know how he carries 270 lbs on that frame, much less the purported 299.

MJZiggy
05-02-2006, 04:05 PM
As long as he can get the job done...

Partial
05-02-2006, 04:30 PM
He'll have a chance to be a very special player if he bulks up some and keeps his athleticism. This scheme is taylor-made for guys like him.

KYPack
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM

Reggie was an old school guy and didn't believe in, or like the weight room. A locker room highlight used to be when some of the guys would goad some poor sap into taking Reggie on in some weightlifting contest. White would destroy the guy. Reggie was the strongest fastest DLineman ever to play, & he did it on his own terms.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I am a professional Arm measurer and in my professional opinion Colledge has very long arms. I have not had the priviledge to measure them myself, but just through pictures and film, I can see they have tremendous length. It is hard for a person with long arms to bench press a significant amount of weight. The length of the arms makes it hard to translate natural strength into the weight room. Remember I am a professional, I know these things.

In my opinion it is better for an offensive lineman to have longer arms, then short arms that result in better weight lifting numbers.

You measure appendages?

BF4MVP
05-02-2006, 10:56 PM
I think Colledge could develop into a stud LG.

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2006, 11:00 PM

You measure appendages?

Just arms, and penises. But I charge 67.49 for penis.

ND72
05-02-2006, 11:05 PM
the length of arms is huge. i have rather long arms, and it helped me as an OL guy. i've seen guys with really short arms boost about their great bench numbers, when it really wasn't as hard for them. who ever first wrote that is right now. I'd rather have a OL guy with long arms with average strength numbers, cause that's usually not seen as a reason.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-03-2006, 11:29 AM
I got a kick out of how some scouts called this 6-3, 295 pound behemoth 'skinny' I'm 6-3 and 200 pounds and I think I could stand to lose a few!

Nutz, are you a good judge of measuring all appendages, or just arms?

mraynrand = greenday? (from jsonline)

RashanGary
05-03-2006, 11:32 AM
Tank,

Check out the "who won the draft" thread.

oregonpackfan
05-03-2006, 11:56 AM
the length of arms is huge. i have rather long arms, and it helped me as an OL guy. i've seen guys with really short arms boost about their great bench numbers, when it really wasn't as hard for them. who ever first wrote that is right now. I'd rather have a OL guy with long arms with average strength numbers, cause that's usually not seen as a reason.

Arm length is definitely a plus for offensive linemen but you can't necessarily rule out shorter-armed lineman.

During the Lombardi years, the Packers had an all-Pro left guard named Fuzzy Thurston. Though he was short-armed as well as short in height, he was one of the top guards in professional football. Lombardi would not have traded him for all the long-armed guards from other teams.

Oregonpackfan

Guiness
05-03-2006, 12:31 PM
knew a short RB (5'6", or 5'8" in heels) that I saw bench 540. He was short armed and barrel chested, and the bar moved maybe 8-10" full travel.

MJZiggy
05-03-2006, 12:35 PM

He also had started 51 straight games
and hes married

Does this mean white men CAN jump? :shock: :mrgreen:

Murphy37
05-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Long arms are definitly a plus to keep D-lineman away from the body. But when I see these large 300 lbs O-lineman with low rep numbers I get nervous. I bet he adds alot of strength within a year while working with our trainers. 21 reps when you weigh 300 lbs is not good. I don't give a shit if his knuckles drag on the ground when he walks. What could be the case with these big O-lineman is that they lack "High Rep" strength. Hell maybe he can throw 500 lbs around pretty good , but he fatigues quickly with high reps. I hope that's the case. When I see guys coming in with low strentgh, I worry that they are arrogant and think they can get buy on ability alone. Then the injuries stack up and they end up sellin pleasure toys door to door just to make a buck. I've seen it a thousand times.

Deputy Nutz
05-03-2006, 03:15 PM
They also like to sneak into your house, and the next thing you know change is missing of your dresser and your daughter is knocked up.

Murphy37
05-03-2006, 03:19 PM
They also like to sneak into your house, and the next thing you know change is missing of your dresser and your daughter is knocked up.

Hilarious Tommy

KYPack
05-03-2006, 05:38 PM

Arm length is definitely a plus for offensive linemen but you can't necessarily rule out shorter-armed lineman.

During the Lombardi years, the Packers had an all-Pro left guard named Fuzzy Thurston. Though he was short-armed as well as short in height, he was one of the top guards in professional football. Lombardi would not have traded him for all the long-armed guards from other teams.

Oregonpackfan

There was a greatr picture of Fuzz standing up 6'7" Buck Buchanon in the Super Bowl in the Left guard in Appleton. No player ever got more with less physical ability than Fred Thurston.