PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Schottenheimer - Fire That Guy, Now!

Fritz
08-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Admittedly, the season has yet to begin, but I'm so darn ready for it that I thought I'd get a jump on things and start this thread.

I think Patrick Dendy could have been a great nickel back, but Schottenheimer didn't coach him up.

I think Marquand Manuel's inability to hold the starting job is a result of poor secondary coaching.

Let me be the first also to blame the Packers' first blown secondary coverage on Schottenheimer.

If the whole secondary plays well, it's because the defensive line applies such ferocious pressure that the corners and safeties don't have to be very good for very long.

If Harris and Woodson play well, then it's because they would play well no matter who is coaching them. If they play poorly, it's because of Schottenheimer.

Okay. I'm ready for the season now.

superfan
08-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I'll sign that petition.

LL2
08-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't think before the season is the time to start ranting about firing a coach. I'm not a big Shotty fan either, but let them play a few games first before we start calling for his head on a silver platter.

Fritz
08-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Just trying to get a leg up, LL2. Believe me, if the secondary actually plays well for a stretch of games, I will soon be Schottenheimer's biggest supporter and will pretend I always was.

I love being a fan.

LaFours
08-31-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't think before the season is the time to start ranting about firing a coach. I'm not a big Shotty fan either, but let them play a few games first before we start calling for his head on a silver platter.

It's never to early to call for Kurt's head on a platter...sign me up.

Merlin
08-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Shittenheimer has never been a successful coach at any point in his career. Look at his resume', seriously. The best thing the Packers did last season was put him in the booth after the debacles early on. I don't know why we need to wait until the season starts. He sucked last year. He sucked the last time he was with us and he has always sucked. So our talent finally gels and gets on the same page and you want to thank him? RIGHT!

Fritz
08-31-2007, 11:08 AM

It's never to early to call for Kurt's head on a platter...sign me up.

Damn straight!

swede
08-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Did anyone notice the smattering of boos when Schitty ran out onto the field before the Family Night scrimmage?

Even the eight year-olds think he sucks.

The Leaper
08-31-2007, 11:52 AM
The worthless turd should have been gone after last season...or never hired in the first place. His units have been pathetic just about anywhere he goes.

Noodle
08-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Wait -- under the TT theory, Schotty's improved just by being around for another year. Yup, Schotty's got a whole 'nother year of experience under his belt, so you just know he's going to be better.

So don't despair Pack fans, as TT would say, I like who we've got there.

rbaloha1
08-31-2007, 12:52 PM
The secondary is playing well with many good talented backups unlike the linebacker and o-line depth.

Last year, many of the problems were attributable to Manuel (McCarthy has the final say on the starters), poor communication (Sanders fault) and a rookie defensive coordinator.

If the same problems persist and the secondary miscues costs games then Shotty should be relieved of his duties.

Given the current state of affairs lets support Shotty.

SkinBasket
08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Given the current state of affairs lets support Shotty.

You go right on ahead and do that. I'll call a crappy coach a crappy coach. Schottenheimer is a crappy coach. The Green Bay Packer's albatross. Our very own Matt Millen.

Joemailman
08-31-2007, 05:26 PM
But Charles Woodson revived his career under Schotty. Atari Bigby has gone from a camp body to a starting safety under Schotty.
I love being the contrarian.... 8-) :taunt:

retailguy
08-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Kurt Schottenheimer is the new Tom Rossley.

Joemailman
08-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Are you saying that's good or bad?

retailguy
08-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Are you saying that's good or bad?

Bad, I guess. There is a punching bag on every staff and he is deserving. So was Rossley. He wasn't all bad either, though. Sherman was loyal to Rossley to a fault, and McCarthy is loyal to Schottenheimer the same way.

It would be much more damaging if we had young corners. It'd be interesting to hear what Harris/Woodson really think of him.... Love to be the fly on that wall.

Fritz
08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Good point, retailguy. Every staff needs a Tom Rossley.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2007, 10:18 PM
I thought Schottenheimer left with Ray Rhodes.

Merlin
08-31-2007, 10:51 PM
Shittenhieny was hired last season by McCarthy. I don't recall the last time he was with us because it was forgettable at best. Trust me when I say that Lionel Washington has done more for our secondary then Shittenhieny has done for any DB his whole career. When they moved him to the booth, it was Washington out there coaching the DB's and I am sure he didn't take his orders from Shitty.

Guiness
08-31-2007, 11:09 PM
yup, never too early to call for Schott's hide.

Just watched 'All the King's Men' last night...

NAIL 'EM UP

Bretsky
08-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Wait -- under the TT theory, Schotty's improved just by being around for another year. Yup, Schotty's got a whole 'nother year of experience under his belt, so you just know he's going to be better.

So don't despair Pack fans, as TT would say, I like who we've got there.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: