PDA

View Full Version : who should start at TE?

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Maybe Franks is better than Lee after all.

And the first d-bag who says "it doesn't matter, they'll rotate neeeee neee neeee" is gonna get a swift ass in the kick from me.

superfan
08-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Bubba looks like the unquestioned starter after this preseason.

Partial
08-31-2007, 02:54 PM
I am not sure who will start. We'll see either this afternoon or tomorrow, though.

woodbuck27
08-31-2007, 02:56 PM
I believe it has to be Bubba as it's turning out in TC.

Bubba Franks:

WK OPP RESULT ...................................... Rec.. Yds.. Avg.. Long... TD
4 @ TEN L 14-30...................................... 2.... 29.. 14.5... 20 0 ....0
3 JAC L 13-21.......................................... 1.... 25.. 25.0... 25 0.....0
2 SEA W 48-13...................................... 4.... 30.... 7.5... 10 0.....0

GO PACKERS !

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
I think Franks has his groove back. It would be a great story to see him return to early career form.

wist43
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Don't know why they can't platoon... need to move the ball quickly upfield, go with Lee.

3rd and 4, go with Franks.

Lee has the tools to be a threat, but has hands of stone. To say that Franks is athletically challenged is be insulting toward people who are athletically challenged.

The long and short of it is - the Packers have no TE's.

woodbuck27
08-31-2007, 03:20 PM
Don't know why they can't platoon... need to move the ball quickly upfield, go with Lee.

3rd and 4, go with Franks.

Lee has the tools to be a threat, but has hands of stone. To say that Franks is athletically challenged is be insulting toward people who are athletically challenged.

The long and short of it is - the Packers have no TE's.

Be careful wist.

You havn't been around here the last week or so.

The dogs are out. :)

GO PACKERS !!

wist43
08-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I haven't been around. I've had to either work, or had a fantasy draft every night this week...

PackerBlues
08-31-2007, 03:24 PM
I think either of them will do fine. But just like in any other position on our Offense, one injury is all it will take to go from "doing fine", to "oh crap".
Bubba has always struck me as being lazy, when the Packers demoted him, it was a wake up call for him. Now its a matter of which will give out first, his desire to play up to expectations, or his his body, from the punishment it has taken over the years.

RashanGary
08-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I like Bubba. He's always been a pretty good TE. He had an injury and a down year, he looks like he's back. I'd like a new TE for the long term, but for right now, Bubba doens't look like a weak link.

BallHawk
08-31-2007, 03:51 PM
But just like in any other position on our Offense, one injury is all it will take to go from "doing fine", to "oh crap".

What NFL Team doesn't have that? If the Joseph Addai got injured the Colts would start DeDe Dorsey. If Brees got hurt the Saints would start Jamie Martin and so on.

There are a lot of things you can blame on TT, but that isn't one of them.

oregonpackfan
08-31-2007, 04:11 PM
The Packers need to keep an eye on the final cuts made by the Seahawks.

Rookie TE Joe Newton from Oregon State has been impressive with the Seahawks. He offers ideal red zone size at 6'7" tall. Last night he caught a 32 yard recpetion in the fourth quarter from backup QB Seneca Wallace.

As a rookie, he backs up 3 established Seahawk TE's, starter Marcus Pollard, backup Will Heller, and third-stringer Leonard Stephens.

For several years, I watched Newton star for the Oregon State Beavers. He has great hands as well as size.

If the Seahawks cut him, he would be worth picking up for the Packers, IMO.

crosbiegrad
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
I think we gotta go With Bubba, dont we? We've been waiting for Lee to live up to his potential and be consistent for how long now? And how long were the Fins waiting for that aswell? I think Bubba's looked good in preseason and just remember, he was looking like a steady, if not spectacular, every year with the exception of last year, of course. BUBBA!!!

BallHawk
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
It's Bubba, no question. Favre has more familiarity with him then Lee; however, Lee still should be used between the 20s.

PackerBlues
08-31-2007, 06:06 PM
But just like in any other position on our Offense, one injury is all it will take to go from "doing fine", to "oh crap".

What NFL Team doesn't have that? If the Joseph Addai got injured the Colts would start DeDe Dorsey. If Brees got hurt the Saints would start Jamie Martin and so on.

There are a lot of things you can blame on TT, but that isn't one of them.

ummmm.......I didn't even mention Thompson in this post or thread. Damn, the way you talk, you would think that I was one of those TT Bashers I keep hearing about. :taunt:

Joemailman
08-31-2007, 06:48 PM
It doesn't matter, they'll rotate until one emerges as the #1. :satan:

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2007, 06:50 PM
ya know, I suppose that's true.

BooHoo
08-31-2007, 07:44 PM
I hope Bubba plays much better than last year. We need some production out of the TE position. Last year was an extremely weak year, except for maybe the blocking part of the position.

Fritz
08-31-2007, 10:08 PM
The Packers need to keep an eye on the final cuts made by the Seahawks.

Rookie TE Joe Newton from Oregon State has been impressive with the Seahawks. He offers ideal red zone size at 6'7" tall. Last night he caught a 32 yard recpetion in the fourth quarter from backup QB Seneca Wallace.

As a rookie, he backs up 3 established Seahawk TE's, starter Marcus Pollard, backup Will Heller, and third-stringer Leonard Stephens.

For several years, I watched Newton star for the Oregon State Beavers. He has great hands as well as size.

Isn't he a pretty hot property? Do you think he's really in danger of being cut?

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2007, 10:09 PM
boy, thompson's gotta find backup TE, LBs, maybe RBs next week.

busy busy

PackerBlues
08-31-2007, 10:14 PM
I guess it was in april that Woodson was signed, I was thinking that he was picked up during the last cuts before the regular season. I really hope the Pack can find someone of quality to add depth to our Offense.

AtlPackFan
08-31-2007, 10:21 PM
I say Franks but - if he starts - he is going to have to play solid ball week in and week out to retain the #1. I think they will have a quick hook if he drops a couple of balls or doesn't block well.

Merlin
08-31-2007, 10:56 PM
I like what I am seeing out of Franks. He seems to be better then he ever was. He is stretching the field which for him was never a string suit. Where are all the people who wanted him cut after last season? Oh that's right, when people may be wrong about something they don't usually admit it, my bad.

That being said, I think Crosby is going to be our kicker. I like Rayner and I think he will be one hell of a kicker in the NFL. After looking back on the camps and his comments, his attitude just isn't right. So I think I am wrong about him in that respect. Crosby seems to have a little better attitude and he looks confident as hell.

John Ryan pissed me off last game, he was doing so well and then he turned into a turd in one game.

esoxx
08-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Bubba has looked much improved this year. The question is can he maintain it into the regular season? It would be a nice boost to the offense and could solve some of the red zone woes that plagued the Packers last season.

Having a reliable TE that Favre can check down to would also keep the chains moving and sustain drives. Having Franks fill that role would be huge.

Merlin
08-31-2007, 11:15 PM
I know this much, he was lowering the boom and he didn't get hurt so that has to mean something doesn't it?

MadtownPacker
09-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Maybe Franks is better than Lee after all.

And the first d-bag who says "it doesn't matter, they'll rotate neeeee neee neeee" is gonna get a swift ass in the kick from me.So do tell oh fearless one, how does a "swift ass in the kick" work?

Bubba will be the guy. He knows no one else is gonna give him the fat paycheck he has now. He has to rebuild his rep to stay on the team.

Kiwon
09-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Bubba - Bounce back year to earn his money.

mmmdk
09-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Both will start games respectively but both are also average - yet I'm not totally down on Bubba & Lee. We have no 3rd TE.

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2007, 09:32 AM
And the first d-bag who says "it doesn't matter, they'll rotate neeeee neee neeee" is gonna get a swift ass in the kick from me.So do tell oh fearless one, how does a "swift ass in the kick" work?

You switch the words around in an unexpected away. And since it is (on the surface) an angry, righteous statement, it makes it ironic and buffoonish.

Some will find this amusing. But of course you'll also get the occassional 'tard who can't figure it out.

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Unfortunately, the Seahawks liked what they saw. He wasn't cut.

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Several of us liked Ben Patrick; our 7th round TE was junk.

Wonder if Ben Patrick made his team ?