PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Tubbs-DL-Seahawks will miss the season with a torn AC

pack4to84
08-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Now trade rumors should start coming in from Seattle. Packers are loaded with DT. They could be the highest bidder.

falco
08-31-2007, 05:21 PM
Now trade rumors should start coming in from Seattle. Packers are loaded with DT. They could be the highest bidder.

Well now our running game is solved. We'll trade Corey Williams for Shaun Alexander.

RashanGary
08-31-2007, 05:22 PM

Do they have anthing to give up though? Where are they strong?

gbpackfan
08-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Corey Williams for Maurice Morris!!!! That guy is a beast and is just rotting away behind Alexander.

gbpackfan
08-31-2007, 05:44 PM
On second thought, I just checked Seattle's depth chart. Tubbs is a 3rd stringer. Is that right?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Corey Williams for Maurice Morris!!!! That guy is a beast and is just rotting away behind Alexander.

I would MUCH rather keep Williams.

gbpackfan
08-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Really? Not a Morris fan huh? Understandable. Corey Williams may be ready to break out like Jenkins did last season. Tough call.

superfan
09-02-2007, 12:08 AM
I also would much rather have Corey Williams than Maurice Morris.

Most of the scouting reports I've read have been pretty lukewarm about Morris. He's got a decent amount of speed and some agility, but is on the smaller side, and the general consensus is that he doesn't have what it takes to be an every down, 16 game back. I think his hands and ability as a receiver out of the backfield is about average, and he struggles at times with blocking.

Morris is a solid backup, but I prefer Williams' upside. I don't recall hearing anyone else refer to Morris as a "beast" - a decent player, but that's about it.

Also, about Tubbs being a 3rd stringer -- that must be mostly due to his injury struggles. When healthy, he is a tough run stopper, one of the better run stuffing DTs in the league, and he also offers some pass rush ability. He only played in a couple games last year before suffering a season ending injury, and his injury played a key role in their defensive regression last season. While not nearly as good as San Diego's Jamal Williams, I've read similar statements about the two of them being key to the entire defense.

Merlin
09-02-2007, 12:12 AM
The Seahawks traded Michael Boulware to the Houston in for defensive end Jason Babin. Not sure if this was before or after Tubbs went down or if it's related.