PDA

View Full Version : Pats' Harrison suspended for four games by NFL

packers11
08-31-2007, 07:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2999994

Pats' Harrison suspended for four games by NFL

New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison will be suspended by the NFL for four games because he admitted to federal investigators that he obtained Human Growth Hormone, sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Harrison had a hearing with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday, the sources said. The Patriots could announce the suspension as early as Saturday.

A league spokesman said the NFL had "no comment" about Harrison, who also could not be reached. Efforts to reach the Patriots were unsuccessful.

The admission by Harrison has never been made public but his name was among those known to federal and New York state investigators that conducted a two-year investigation into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers such as HGH.

Investigators have discovered several athletes across many sports whose names were linked in the probe. Sources say at least one NFL assistant also has been questioned.

Chris Mortensen is an NFL analyst for ESPN.

gbpackfan
08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
When did he obtain it? Was it to help him during his rehab? And finally, when are these retards going to figure out that sooner or later, their pee pee is going to show the junk they are putting into their body?

falco
08-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Actually, you can't test for HGH. Apparently he was busted for buying it.

Guiness
08-31-2007, 08:46 PM
quite right - it shows up in the blood as a natural substance, albeit at elevated levels.

A few years back a US Olympic spinter (name was Greene, I think) showed levels 10x normal, and claimed it was because he'd had wild sex with 5 women the night before, and that had caused his testoserone to skyrocket. He got away with it, IIRC.

falco
08-31-2007, 08:52 PM
quite right - it shows up in the blood as a natural substance, albeit at elevated levels.

A few years back a US Olympic spinter (name was Greene, I think) showed levels 10x normal, and claimed it was because he'd had wild sex with 5 women the night before, and that had caused his testoserone to skyrocket. He got away with it, IIRC.

That's the exact reason why my wife tests my HGH whenever I get home at night. :shock:

gbpackfan
08-31-2007, 09:07 PM

Thanks, didn't know that. Hmmm. Maybe it's time I hit the gym, get some HGH and get HUGE!!!! :twisted:

PackerBlues
08-31-2007, 09:22 PM
It wasnt that long ago, that you could buy that stuff at a GNC store. Dont know if you still can or not, but I had read an article fairly recently about people using it to fight off old age to somehow stay young.

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Wow! This is big news. The Pats have been cheating.
:D

Rastak
08-31-2007, 11:27 PM

Thanks, didn't know that. Hmmm. Maybe it's time I hit the gym, get some HGH and get HUGE!!!! :twisted:

Lyle Alzado claimed before his death that he was sure HGH caused his cancer when he took it regularly during his comeback.

He died of brain cancer in his 40's I believe.

Rastak
08-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Wow! This is big news. The Pats have been cheating.
:D

They and 31 other teams...

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
On a related note, check out this quip from PFT. Don't know if it's true, but it's an interesting theory.

ANOTHER WAVE OF SUSPENSIONS COMING SOON?

In our discussions with various league insiders, we've picked up some vague indications that a fresh wave of suspensions could be coming soon.

Several suspensions for violation of the substance-abuse policy and the policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances have been disclosed over the past few weeks. It could be that multiple suspensions have been pending on appeal, that they have not otherwise been reported, and that the appeals could be decided as soon as today. Once the appeals are resolved and the suspensions are upheld, the information most likely will be made public.

Stay tuned.

digitaldean
09-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Former Vikes, Saints and Cowboys QB now asst. coach busted. Got the HGH while with the Bears as an asst.

Interesting to see how the NFL handles this. (especially if it's discovered he was the go-between for other players).

_____

REPORT: WADE WILSON ADMITS TO RECEIVING STEROIDS, HGH by Michael David Smith

A day after it was reported that Patriots safety Rodney Harrison has been suspended four games by the NFL for admitting to obtaining human growth hormone, Gary Myers and T.J. Quinn of the New York Daily News report that Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson is involved in the same investigation.

The report says that Wilson admitted receiving steroids and HGH from Signature Pharmacy in Orlando when he was a Bears assistant from 2004 to 2006. It is not clear whether he obtained them solely for personal use or whether he shared them with others. Wilson was an NFL quarterback for 18 seasons, almost all as a backup.

Per the Daily News, Wilson "faces a yet-to-be-announced punishment." League discipline rules aren't as clear-cut for coaches as they are for players, but it's safe to say the league is not going to look kindly on an assistant coach who's involved with performance-enhancing drugs.

The Daily News report indicates that things could get worse for the NFL. According to Myers and Quinn, Harrison and Wilson "are the first of what is expected to be many connected to the NFL to arise in the investigation."