PDA

View Full Version : Roster squeezes

KYPack
09-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Each team will release 22 or so players this weekend. With hundreds of moves being made, somebody will make a mistake. Hopefully, not us. With our farflung network of Packer Rats, everybody post players that may help us.

We seem to need help at TE and RB, specifically.

Here's a few players that have been mentioned as roster squeeze victims:

TE
Seattle Leonard Stephens
Minn Richard Owens
St Lou Dominick Byrd

RB
Tex Wali Lundy *
Darius Walker *
Minn Ciatrick Fason

*already released street FA's

Feel free to mention any other players that might fit in our hand.

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 10:55 AM
The Saints are deep at RB and if they release Pierre Thomas, I would love to pick him up.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 10:56 AM
LaBrandon Toefield

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 11:05 AM
LaBrandon Toefield

I wouldn't mind getting him.

I just want someone. Someone that I've heard of. I don't want some freakin' diamond in the rough, I want TT to go out and get someone that has performed and shown something this preseason.

Him8123
09-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I heard TT was looking at getting P. Thomas from the Saints, he was a guy they were looking at on draft day and never pulled the plug. Also there might be selvin young or mike bell from Denver, thats something certainly to keep an eye on.

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I heard TT was looking at getting P. Thomas from the Saints, he was a guy they were looking at on draft day and never pulled the plug. Also there might be selvin young or mike bell from Denver, thats something certainly to keep an eye on.

From what I've heard Selvin Young is going to stick in Denver is the #2 RB. Mike Bell might be the one to get cut.

Him8123
09-01-2007, 11:14 AM
interesting, I guess any way you go is like a shot in the dark

retailguy
09-01-2007, 11:26 AM
LaBrandon Toefield

I just want someone. Someone that I've heard of. I don't want some freakin' diamond in the rough, I want TT to go out and get someone that has performed and shown something this preseason.

would you be willing to part with a draft choice to get there?

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 11:35 AM
LaBrandon Toefield

would you be willing to part with a draft choice to get there?

Depends who it is. I'd rather part with somebody like Cole, but if the asking price is a 6th or a 7th, I'd have no problem with it, depending on the player.

I just want TT to do something to help this team on offense.

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 12:37 PM
If we end up getting a Jarrett Bush type waiver at TE, a Cullen Jenkins type imact at RB, a Atari Bigby type waiver at LB then I'm more than OK even if they are not big names at the time. Moreso than my personal need to feel cozy about a player that I know, I hope the Packers keep the right players and make the right moves.

Nobody, including me, was jumping up and down with the Jones pick. Sometimes we just don't know.

vince
09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
I just read this on Packersnews.com - no verification of it obviously, but it's hardly earthshattering news anyway....

Cuts so far Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:15 pm
Just got back from Lambeau........so far Orrin Thompson, David Clowney, and Clark Harris all emerged from the locker room w/ plastic bags with their belongings. Clowney was the most visibly upset.

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 01:07 PM
If we end up getting a Jarrett Bush type waiver at TE, a Cullen Jenkins type imact at RB, a Atari Bigby type waiver at LB then I'm more than OK even if they are not big names at the time.

I don't care if they're not big names, but I don't want 3 Joe Werners.

For every Cullen Jenkins there are 35 guys that turn out to be nothing.

KYPack
09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
LaBrandon Toefield

Who is Toefield, RG?

Not familiar with the kid.

I'd like to see us just scoop the cuts up. The only trade would be Cole or some of the young DLine boys. Trading picks is agaisnt TT's religion.

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
LaBrandon Toefield

Who is Toefield, RG?

RB from Jacksonville.

KYPack
09-01-2007, 03:41 PM
LaBrandon Toefield

Who is Toefield, RG?

RB from Jacksonville.

JVille has a whole passel of RB's. That's where you can get some good guys, when the clubs have an abundance of talent at a spot.. That's also where always grabbing the BAA can bite you in the ass.

Brohm
09-01-2007, 04:09 PM
That's where you need to be an astute tradesman to get value at a position of need for an overabundance of depth at one position when going BPA.

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
LaBrandon Toefield

You want help "now" ?

BH, are you slowly coming over to the dark side ?

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 04:27 PM

I've embraced the dark side..... and it feels so good. :twisted:

retailguy
09-01-2007, 04:28 PM

We've got Kool-aid over here too, and it's not half bad.... :roll: :wink:

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 04:32 PM

As long as the Kool-Aid doesn't turn me into JH, I'll take a sip....just a sip.

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 04:33 PM

As long as the Kool-Aid doesn't turn me into JH, I'll take a sip....just a sip.

That's where I am too; I'm taking small sips. But I wish TT would move a bit faster so I can start doing the shots

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
That's where I am too; I'm taking small sips. But I wish TT would move a bit faster so I can start doing the shots

Today, sips. Tomorrow, shots. Next season, bongs.

KYPack
09-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Really.

it's Kool-Aide and Grey Goose time, kids.

We'll pick up a good TE & a stud RB and take it to the Super Bowl!

retailguy
09-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Really.

it's Kool-Aide and Grey Goose time, kids.

We'll pick up a good TE & a stud RB and take it to the Super Bowl!

Wow, I think it'll take more than just that, but I like the way you think. :P

Pass the bottle! I'll be THRILLED with 7 wins. Anything more is just gravy.

KYPack
09-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Something seems off this year. There are about 700 guys that will be cut today. I wonder why they changed the way teams have to get down to the 53 man limit. This huge release of talent on the weekend before the season seems pretty crazy.

These coaches and personnel people gotta be tearing their hair out.

BooHoo
09-01-2007, 05:05 PM
The timing of this cut must really ruin the weekend for the coaches and personnel types.