PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD WE STILL GO AFTER LELIE? PLEASE READ.

gbpackfan
05-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Okay, I know what you are all going to say. Why would the Packers go after Lelie now when he could have been part of the draft day deal. Well, what if the second round pick we got from Denver would have been a lower pick if Lelie had been involved in the deal? Then, the deal they made with Atlanta would not have gone through. The Packers did say before the draft that they had no interest in Lelie. Well, they may have floated that rumor so that Denver up'd their offer for Walker. TT is known to let false rumors float.

Lelie is now more upset then he was before the draft. He wants out BAD! Do the Packers make a run at him? Would a 5th round pick work? How about a 4th? How much are we willing to give up for him? What about Stallworth? Hmmmm.

The Packers will probably wait until after the two mini-camps to evaluate their talent further, but do you think a trade for a WR is out of the question?

Partial
05-02-2006, 04:46 PM
not worth it.

They're not good at Receiver, but they have enough of them already. Adding one more average receiver is just going to take away snaps from a rookie who could be more.

Not a good idea imo

esoxx
05-02-2006, 04:50 PM
From everything I've seen, the Packers have no interest in Lelie. If they did, I'm sure they would have found a way to get him included in the Walker deal, no?

Scott Campbell
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
I heard the same thing esoxx did. The Packers told the Broncos during negotiations that they had no interest in Lelie.

Tarlam!
05-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Trade one discontent out only to trade another one in?

O.K. If we're talking about T.O. or Moss, it might be worth the risk. I said MIGHT.

But, after what Hendo did on ESPN; after the character of the guys drafted was such an important criteria for the team; after our hero Samkon demonstrated you don't have to be a loud mouthed SOB to play decent football; My hope is, we continue to haul in team first players.

Anybody with a me first attitude (Lelie = I wanna be #1 receiver, cause I say I'm worth it) should have no place on our team.

FritzDontBlitz
05-03-2006, 04:37 AM
lelie will possibly be released after june 1, so we should wait until then.

Merlin
05-03-2006, 07:44 AM
I think Lelie, Stallworth and Walker were all part of the same draft class. Stallworth would be a good pick up. I think he put up some good numbers in New Orleans on a crappy team. I don't think he has reached his full potential, let Favre have at him a year and see what happens. Lelie never lived up to his abilities in a fairly good offense in Denver. I don't think you will see big numbers out of Walker in Denver though either. They aren't a vertical team.

MadtownPacker
05-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Trade one discontent out only to trade another one in?

I dont know if I would qualify Lelie as a bad apple yet. I dont think he has threatened to hold out or retire. I dont think he is even bitching about his contract. I think he just wants to go somewheres where the QB can get him the ball. The donkeys getting the traitor walker and giving him a new contract cant make him feel too happy either.

At this point I would like to see TT pick up Lelie and see what he can do.