PDA

View Full Version : PRESEASON: Best O, Best D

GrnBay007
09-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Who would you name the best Preseason player on O and D? Who played the best or made the biggest splash?

CaptainKickass
09-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Easy:

D = Cullen Jenkins

O = James Jones

Biggest splash for both. I recall being excited watching them and seeing their replays frequently.

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Best suprises on O:

Rodgers
Jones

Best suprises on D

Bigby

Jolly (not really a suprise)
Muir

MJZiggy
09-01-2007, 12:35 PM
On O, I'm torn between Jones and the resurrection of Bubba, but I think I'll give the nod to James Jones just cause he's lighting up the pro level in his rookie camp.

On D, I like the fact that Bigby came from nowhere and just went nuts. He's been ferocious (except that NFLN hasn't broadcast the Tenn game so I'm saying this without having seen his performance there).

vince
09-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Easy:

D = Cullen Jenkins

O = James Jones

Biggest splash for both. I recall being excited watching them and seeing their replays frequently.
I'm with you Kickass. Jenkins played like a monster in his time on the field this preseason!

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2007, 01:10 PM
On offense I would have to say the QB play by both Favre and Rodgers.

On defense, I am going to say Will Blackmon and Jarred Bush. They have both stepped up their game for the nickel spot on defense

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
If we're talking who surprised me on defense it would be Charlie Peprah. Who would of thought that at the end of the preseason Perprah would be the favorite to get the 4th safety job.

Best players are JJ and Cullen, no question.

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Geeze, I was listing surpises.

This is just how they played in the preseason:

Best O = Favre

Best D = Barnett

mmmdk
09-01-2007, 01:36 PM
It's september now; being Mr. August will have to carry over to the regular season.

How the Packers play versus Eagles is what's on the menu now but for what little it's worth:

O - James Jones
D - Atari Bigby

KYPack
09-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Defense

Jenkins and Bigby

Offense

Rodgers and Jones

Peprah gets some kind of honorable mention. I never thought that kid had a shot at our roster after last year.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 04:30 PM
It's september now; being Mr. August will have to carry over to the regular season.

How the Packers play versus Eagles is what's on the menu now but for what little it's worth:

O - James Jones
D - Atari Bigby

I agree with these. Jones will hit the rookie wall at some point, but, wow he's been impressive so far.

I love seeing an underdog achieve. Bigby has been a welcome surprise. We still need depth, and I hope he doesn't turn out to be the next Michael Hawthorne, but today it looks good.