PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea regarding injury reporting

Rastak
09-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Don't know if anyone has already proposed this but the NFL is always worried about gambling and that is what drove injury reporting rules. However, almost all teams are as vague as possible when reporting injuries and teams like Denver and New England outright lie. So the possiblity still exists for a gambling org to pay for real information from team insiders.

What do you guys/gals think of this. Have a small team of NFL doctors who examine injured players and THEY put the diagnosis and approx prognosis on the injury report. Team doctors then don't have a say in what is reported. They just handle it from a player/team side. The NFL controls the information at that point.

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Sounds like a good idea. But I wonder how forthcoming a player would be with a strange doctor. After all, so much of doctoring is, "where does it hurt?" But your idea might be worth doing.

I always thought that teams ought to be held in strict compliance statistically. In other words if at the end of the season, 60% of the players in the 50%-chance-of-playing end up playing, then the team gets a penalty that hurts. Maybe they lose a late round draft pick. Or they lose draft positioning in some mid round.

It's VERY easy for the team to be accurate. If they are honest, then at end of year they'll be very close to the declared percentages, averaged over many players and games.

KYPack
09-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Not a bad idea.

Denver and NE should be nailed for, say, a #3 draft pick or something for the bullshit Shanny the Rat and Bill B pull ALL the time.

Rastak
09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
My thought is that this takes it out of their hands.

No more bullshit.

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 11:37 PM
So is the Fraud formally a Queen ? Was wondering if he made the cut with you guys or not

Lurker64
09-01-2007, 11:46 PM
So is the Fraud formally a Queen ? Was wondering if he made the cut with you guys or not

Vikings are keeping at WR: Bobby Wade, Troy Williamson, Sidney Rice, Robert Ferguson, Aundrae Allison

They cut: S Greg Blue, S Patrick Body, DT Conrad Bolston, WR Jason Carter, C/G Kyle Cook ,CB Dovonte Edwards, RB Ciatrick Fason, DT Howard Green, LB George Hall, WR Cortez Hankton, LB David Herron, CB Chad Johnson, C Norm Katnik, T Jimmy Martin, WR Billy McMullen, WR Martin Nance, TE Richard Owens, RB Artose Pinner, DE Khreem Smith, TE Stephen Spach, QB Tyler Thigpen, WR Chandler Williams

Rastak
09-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Vikings are keeping at WR: Bobby Wade, Troy Williamson, Sidney Rice, Robert Ferguson, Aundrae Allison

They cut: S Greg Blue, S Patrick Body, DT Conrad Bolston, WR Jason Carter, C/G Kyle Cook ,CB Dovonte Edwards, RB Ciatrick Fason, DT Howard Green, LB George Hall, WR Cortez Hankton, LB David Herron, CB Chad Johnson, C Norm Katnik, T Jimmy Martin, WR Billy McMullen, WR Martin Nance, TE Richard Owens, RB Artose Pinner, DE Khreem Smith, TE Stephen Spach, QB Tyler Thigpen, WR Chandler Williams

:jack:

Wrong thread guys.....

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2007, 11:54 PM

Surprised that they cut Pinner AND Fason. I don't like Fason much. A lot of teams are going with 2 QBs. I would have kept Greg Blue over Tank Williams. I don't think keeping Ferguson is worth giving up a guy like Nance. He seemed to have some ability.

Rastak
09-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Not to be rude, but you guys are killing my great idea thread.

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 09:28 AM
It is an interesting idea. It just might work. Let's try and figure out all the ways to try and get around it. Think like a Patriot...

Rastak
09-02-2007, 09:38 AM
It is an interesting idea. It just might work. Let's try and figure out all the ways to try and get around it. Think like a Patriot...

Well, as HH mentioned the player could be instructed to lie about what hurts. Then again I could see this play out:

Patriots Player: Foot feels fine....the cart was a precaution last night.

Doctor: So it won't hurt if I apply a little torque to your foot?

Patriots Player: Umm, please don't do that.

Doctor: Why does this MRI show your tendon flapping in the breeze?

Patriots Player: Maybe a spider was on the lens?