09-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Lee is the #1 TE.

Morency is listed as the #1 RB.

Ruvell is the #4 over Holiday.

Deshawn Winn is ranked ahead of Herron.

Harrell is listed as the starting DT.

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Does this mean anything or is it just filler until gameday?

retailguy
09-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Harrell is still the starter. WTF?

If I'm Williams, I'm OUTTA HERE at the end of the season.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Lee is the #1 TE.

Morency is listed as the #1 RB.

Ruvell is the #4 over Holiday.

Deshawn Winn is ranked ahead of Herron.

Harrell is listed as the starting DT.

Wynn is the #4... not the #3, or did I miss something?

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 06:08 PM
It has Wynn listed as 2nd team, behind Jackson.

Or am I reading it wrong?

Lurker64
09-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Does this mean anything or is it just filler until gameday?

That's my guess, just filler.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 06:09 PM

well, there is a (4) after Wynn's name and a (5) after the new guy...

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 06:10 PM

You may be right.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 06:14 PM

You may be right.

MAY? :shock: :P

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 08:02 PM
I like this roster a lot. All of the guys have shown something. In the past you had guys where it was just "Well, he hasn't done anything yet but he has a chance". These guys have all done something well and shown signs of being good contributors. This is the deepest roster we've had in 3 or 4 years. I think we'll see a lot of these guys for a bunch of years as opposed to cleaning house the way TT did when he took over Shermans roster.

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I like this roster a lot. All of the guys have shown something.

To be honest, Justin Harrell hasn't really shown anything.

Willard
09-01-2007, 08:09 PM

What are you talking about? He had the best run of the night on Thursday! A nice 18 yard TD scamper.....

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Go down the whole roster; IMO there is a load of guys who are to be determined. Maybe they will develop; but you can hardly call a lot of these newer players proven.

gbpackfan
09-01-2007, 08:15 PM

Unfair! Boo Boo!!!! Harrell has played better every game. He has been out of football for a year (almost). That was a hell of a play for a big man, getting into the endzone like that. I say he's going to be a player.

Willard
09-01-2007, 08:28 PM
DT is deep so we can wait for Harrell to get it together (even though he was a first rounder). Much bigger issues are:

Will Collins and Bigby get it done?
Is Bubba back?
Will running scheme work with this roster? Would any running scheme....
Can DD/JJ/GJ stretch the field?
Can OL protect Favre by itself allowing TE/RB to run routes?
God forbid any injuries at LB or OL.
Other than these questions I feel better about DL, starting LB, CB, OG, P, backup QB than I did last year.

Biggest voids: RB, FB, speed at WR/KR/PR.
If current WRs can't get deep look for TT to look hard at KRob in Oct.

footballfever
09-01-2007, 08:33 PM

Quit your crying man, with the current rotation on the defensive line he's gonna have more snaps than most the people starting. He's a versatile lineman that they can move up and down the line to spell people periodically through the game. If he was starting and they had Harrell as the backup thats all Harrell could back up was that one position. He's being utilized the way the coaches think it will best fit their scheme and how to best keep legs fresh through 4 quarters of football, not one mans whiny dream of how the defensive line and rotation should be set up. Seriously think about comments once in a while before you say somethin.

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 08:37 PM

Quit your crying man, with the current rotation on the defensive line he's gonna have more snaps than most the people starting. He's a versatile lineman that they can move up and down the line to spell people periodically through the game. If he was starting and they had Harrell as the backup thats all Harrell could back up was that one position. He's being utilized the way the coaches think it will best fit their scheme and how to best keep legs fresh through 4 quarters of football, not one mans whiny dream of how the defensive line and rotation should be set up. Seriously think about comments once in a while before you say somethin.

I think the depth chart at this point means absolutely nothing; based on the Packer beat reporters in JS there is a decent chance Harrell might be inactive on game days at the start of the season due to him being outplayed by others on the roster.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 08:41 PM

So, I guess thinking about things before you post doesn't apply to you? Perhaps you should take your own advice?... Hmm.

Williams has been here for 4 season and has improved the entire time he's been here. He's been nothing but durable, reliable and a positive influence in everything he touches. He has clearly outplayed Justin Harrell and every other DT on the roster who "attempted" to get a starting gig.

To have the "benefit" of being listed as the starter is something Williams has earned, whether you think "I'm Crying" or not... Got it? Good. :roll: :wink:

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
If Justin Harrell starts, which still is not certain, there is no justice in this world.

I like Justin Harrell. I want him to succeed. However, you're going to tell me that JH has outplayed Corey Williams? Hell, Daniel Muir is more deserving then him. Where you are drafted should not affect when you play. If you are drafted in the 1st, but play inferior to an undrafted rookie, you should pay for it.

If you're going to hand Harrell the job, why bother bringing him into training camp. Tell him to stay at home, rehab, and study his playbook. :roll:

retailguy
09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
If Justin Harrell starts, which still is not certain, there is no justice in this world.

I like Justin Harrell. I want him to succeed. However, you're going to tell me that JH has outplayed Corey Williams? Hell, Daniel Muir is more deserving then him. Where you are drafted should not affect when you play. If you are drafted in the 1st, but play inferior to an undrafted rookie, you should pay for it.

If you're going to hand Harrell the job, why bother bringing him into training camp. Tell him to stay at home, rehab, and study his playbook. :roll:

You should think before you post, man! :roll: :wink:

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I think Jolly should start but we'll see how it pans out. I don't know that the depth chart is what it is. Harrell hasn't started all preseason, they are not going to cart him out there on opening day. I would be a lot suprised if that happens.

I've always liked Jolly but I didn't expect his jump to be as big as it has. I also thought Williams would be better but he looks to have stayed the same.

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I think ff was saying that you were blowing something out of porportion that isn't even an issue yet. That's the packers.com depth chart, it's not the Holy Bible.

esoxx
09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Things are fluid right now so I wouldn't read too much into anything right now. No way is Harrell going to start against Philly. That would be a mockery.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 10:12 PM
I think ff was saying that you were blowing something out of porportion that isn't even an issue yet. That's the packers.com depth chart, it's not the Holy Bible.

Yeah, I know what he was saying. But lets be real, why put out the depth chart if it's not what you think? We can say "its fluid" or "its motiviation", or whatever, but why screw with a bunch of ego driven guys? I mean really, can you picture Corey Williams being summoned up to McCarthy's office, or Thompson's office and being told, "Hey don't let it bug you, we're just trying to motivate the rookie". Jeez, give me a break.

If Harrell starts over Williams against Philly, that sends a CLEAR message to everyone, including us.

We'll see. I see ZERO reason to change the depth chart between now and then. ZERO.

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I think Jolly should start anyway. Williams disappointed me this preseason. I think Harrell and Williams played pretty evenly. There were a couple runs where Harrell really stood out to me last game and the fumble recovery was something he is just good at. He did it in college regularly. He's a good player RG. I know he's not the stud that you hope for out of the gates but if you put aside his slow start, you'd see that he's acctually come on a little and deserves a little playing time.

As this preseason started, I thought there would be no way he starts or plays starter minutes but as the preseason finished, he acctually is starting to earn some of it. I could care less as long as they all play and all play well. The more I think of it, the more I think this is a non issue, mostly because of how well he played in the last game.

retailguy
09-01-2007, 11:18 PM
I think Jolly should start anyway. Williams disappointed me this preseason. I think Harrell and Williams played pretty evenly. There were a couple runs where Harrell really stood out to me last game and the fumble recovery was something he is just good at. He did it in college regularly. He's a good player RG. I know he's not the stud that you hope for out of the gates but if you put aside his slow start, you'd see that he's acctually come on a little and deserves a little playing time.

As this preseason started, I thought there would be no way he starts or plays starter minutes but as the preseason finished, he acctually is starting to earn some of it. I could care less as long as they all play and all play well. The more I think of it, the more I think this is a non issue, mostly because of how well he played in the last game.

I have no beef with whether or not he's a "good" player. They drafted him the 1st round, I certainly hope that's the case. But we have a track record with Williams. He's good too. I've steadfastly maintained that I think Harrell will be a very good player.

If Jolly can play better than both of them, then stick him in there. The starters should be the TWO best tackles on the roster. I don't know where you put Harrell today, but it's clear to everyone, he's NOT one of the two best, and he certainly wasn't on the day training camp opened.

RashanGary
09-01-2007, 11:26 PM
I hear ya RG. I just don't think MM has a history of doing this like Sherman did. Hunt and Ferguson were penciled in every year and they sucked more each progressive year than the last.

We don't know where this is going to go but I'd argue that Harrell has more right to start over Corey Williams right now based on this off season than Ferguson ever had the right to start over Walker. I would argue the same thing for Hunt over anybody with a heart beat and Chatman over a dead toad.

MM doesn't have a disgusting history of screwing up so people are going to let this play out before judgement. If Harrell comes in, stinks it up and then we stick with him for the whole season, forget about 3 years, everyone will jump on and rip them a new ass hole. Right now it's wait and see and as much as you want something to throw a tantrum about because TT did a win now move and you can't throw that around, this isn't going to get you much support I'm affraid (I'm not affraid though, I'm happy because you are annoyingly stubborn)

mmmdk
09-02-2007, 01:11 AM
http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

Uhm...there's 55 players on this roster ???

mmmdk
09-02-2007, 01:38 AM
http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

Uhm...there's 55 players on this roster ???

Ahh...Coston & Corey Williams are mentione twice! :oops: