PDA

View Full Version : 2001 WR Class

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 08:54 PM
As I saw another one of these hyped guys cut....David Terrell.....I thought back to 01.......For those of you who enjoy watching the draft, you might remember the ESPN talking bobbleheads declaring the 01 WR class one of the deepest in talent ever to come out in the same year.

They forecasted at least seven 1-2 round grades and up to 10 that were graded that high and should have successful NFL receivers. The one they missed out on in round three may have been the best of the bunch.

Boy were they wrong; here is the list of that overhyped 7 Mel Kiper forecasted for stellar offensive careers and where they are now

ROUND ONE

Pick 8--David Terrell----Recently but by the Denver Broncos
Pick 9--Koren Robinson-Serving a NFL Suspension
Pick 25-Freddie Mitchell- Out of the NFL

ROUND TWO

Pick 33- Quincy Morgan--Cut as well
Pick 36--Chad Johhson- NFL Stud; only one to hit stardom
Pick 41--Robert Da Fraud Ferguson- Packer trash being recycled in Minnesota
Pick 52--Chris Chambers- Decent Starting WR

One Stud WR and a decent player out of what was supposed to be potentially the deepest draft of WR's to come out of college

AS A SPECIAL FOOTNOTE QUESTION, Which WR was selected just two picks after Green Bay made their third round back to back picks of Torrence Marshall and Bhawow Jue ??????????????????????????????????????????

BallHawk
09-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Steve Smith came out of that draft, didn't he?

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
ROUND ONE

Pick 8--David Terrell----Recently but by the Denver Broncos
Pick 9--Koren Robinson-Serving a NFL Suspension
Pick 25-Freddie Mitchell- Out of the NFL

ROUND TWO

Pick 33- Quincy Morgan--Cut as well
Pick 36--Chad Johhson- NFL Stud; only one to hit stardom
Pick 41--Robert Da Fraud Ferguson- Packer trash being recycled in Minnesota
Pick 52--Chris Chambers- Decent Starting WR

One Stud WR and a decent player out of what was supposed to be potentially the deepest draft of WR's to come out of college

Jesus Christ. I picture Bretsky someday in the nursing home, soiling his diapers, and grumbling to the nurses about "the Fraud", and "CC, the class of the draft."

I'm not suggesting that you let this go, I know that's not gonna happen. Just sharing my vision.

Bretsky
09-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Steve Smith came out of that draft, didn't he?

Yup, you got it.

Steve Smith was drafted two picks after the dynamic Marshall and Jue duo