PDA

View Full Version : Bills cut Craig Nall

superfan
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
From rotoworld:

The Bills apparently feel comfortable with only two quarterbacks after Trent Edwards' standout preseason, and thus Nall will hit the road once again.

Should we bring him back? I would rather see GB use the roster spot with another player with more upside at a position of greater need, but the possibility of signing Nall should at least be considered.

I'm not up to date yet on the latest cuts/depth charts, so I'm not sure if signing Nall would make sense or not.

BF4MVP
09-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah but HE deserved to be ahead of Aaron Rodgers on the depth chart :roll:

Merlin
09-02-2007, 10:13 AM
When Nall was on our roster he did. He proved he belonged there. I am not getting into the silver spoon treatment of Rodgers since he became a Packer and the shitting on of any other QB we have had to backup. Just because he didn't pan out with the Bills doesn't mean the guy didn't play well in relief for us. Geesh, you would think Rodgers was all world when he came into the NFL, I mean he was drafted #1 overall right? Oh wait, that's right. No other team would touch him that needed a QB.

Brohm
09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
No other team needed a QB, that's why Rogers dropped.

MadtownPacker
09-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Maybe Nall got caught trying to steal a kielbasa?

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 11:53 AM

Well, technically we didn't either...

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Perhaps you haven't heard: Craig Nall has the highschool state record for javelin throw in Louisiana. And who's record did he break? Terry Bradshaw.

never mind. I can't gin-up the Craig Nall Fanclub again. Too painful. And they don't need a guy without a future at #3.

Lurker64
09-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Yeah, but he looked so sad sitting there in the green room all by himself, and Ted Thompson is nothing if not sentimental...

retailguy
09-02-2007, 03:38 PM

Yeah, but he looked so sad sitting there in the green room all by himself, and Ted Thompson is nothing if not sentimental... :shock:

Quite honestly. This is very funny. :twisted: :P :x

The Leaper
09-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Nall has a great arm...but nothing else worthwhile. No pocket presence, no accuracy, no "it" factor.

Rodgers has always been more talented to the eye, and now has proven for all to see that Merlin is ridiculous in trying to suggest Nall should ever have been higher on the depth chart.

Favre4
09-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Rogers has alot to prove. In his one opportunity in the regular season he was awful and broke a foot. His size is avg, his pocket awarness isn't so good, hes always been known as a dink and dunker.

In the year leading up to the draft they took Rodgers, Nall had some pretty good outings in the regular season. At that point Rodgers was definitely not ready to be the #2 and just had it handed to him due to draft status.

So why rip on Nall when he produced for us. It could turn out that when Rodgers is put on field and expected to produce he will stink.

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 04:58 PM

Yeah, but he looked so sad sitting there in the green room all by himself, and Ted Thompson is nothing if not sentimental...

I had the same thing happen and wound up with a dog...(then again I never worry about someone breaking in anymore...)

retailguy
09-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Nall has a great arm...but nothing else worthwhile. No pocket presence, no accuracy, no "it" factor.

Rodgers has always been more talented to the eye, and now has proven for all to see that Merlin is ridiculous in trying to suggest Nall should ever have been higher on the depth chart.

I totally disagree with parts of this. Aaron Rodgers didn't deserve the #2 spot in his rookie season and it's doubtful he deserved it last year, tho Nall was gone by that point.

Quite honestly, when Rodgers was a rookie Nall was much more ready to play should he have needed to. While Rodgers clearly had the better upside, Nall was the better player at that point.

Finally, when you look at what has happened with Justin Harrell this year, you see some parallels to what happened with Rodgers, don't you? Face it, either Thompson or McCarthy favors these guys, to a fault, I'd guess.

We'll see how long it takes Harrell, if he starts week one, that would be a travesty.

Merlin
09-02-2007, 05:56 PM

Rodgers has always been more talented in YOUR EYES (albeit very very naive eyes that a college QB with no NFL experience joins a team coming from the Tedford QB friendly school) and apparently I am not the only one who thinks Rodgers had a silver spoon put in his mouth from day one. It's ridiculous that you are trying to suggest that Rodgers should have ever been higher then Nall on the depth chart when Nall was with our team. Nall clearly had the advantage of good play when it counted behind him whereas Rodgers had ZERO and still has ZERO. Say what you will about Nall and the type of QB the type of QB you THINK he was, face the facts: He performed on the field, Rodgers as of yet has not.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Say what you will about Nall and the type of QB the type of QB you THINK he was, face the facts: He performed on the field, Rodgers as of yet has not.

I thought the facts were that Rodgers has a job, and Nall doesn't.

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey!!! I don't have a job and I'm very talented... :cry:

Scott Campbell
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey!!! I don't have a job and I'm very talented... :cry:

Sorry, but I think Aaron has a better arm. Try Al Davis.

:D

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm more of a slippery type running back anyway...

SkinBasket
09-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Pretty soon, Merlin's gonna be able to field a team with guys he thinks are awesome who also happen to be unemployed or on IR. So far:

QB Nall
RB Herron
FB Henderson

CB Dendy

Well, Okay, you've got a few to go, but you're off to a great start.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm more of a slippery type running back anyway...

I like your gumption. And I don't have to tell YOU that it's not the size of your bait, but how you wiggle your worm. Go get um.

Merlin
09-03-2007, 09:41 AM
It's funny how people can defend any player they want to but when I do it, all of a sudden I am trying to make a team out of it. Nice joke BTW. I wish people would read entire posts and look at what is being discussed. Instead, they read into it some fantasy shit and that's their reality. The fact is, I never said I wanted to make a team up with these guys. The fact is, I have questioned the moves made by your beloved 3T that are very questionable. Rodgers over Nall from day one was bullshit because Nall had already earned that spot, Rodgers was handed it. Cutting Henderson without giving him a chance to compete was bullshit, especially given our lack of depth at FB and TE. As far as Herron goes, there are more arm chair QB's in here who think the guy stinks. I don't think he stinks, I think he is okay and has done what has been asked of him. I don't think dumping Herron because we picked up Grant was a good idea. I don't like dumping Herron to give two rookies a shot is a good idea either. But twist that into I think they are all-world and that they should be employed by us. At the time, two of the aforementioned should have been given the opportunities they were robbed of. Herron has been solid for us and although he didn't blow your skirt up, the fact is he performed well. Maybe he overachieved maybe not .

Don't confuse me defending a player with loyalty to a player. Loyalty to the Packers and the stupid moves made by our GM. BTW, since you are all bashing me, how did the "Hodge is way better then Barnett" thing work out?

Bretsky
09-03-2007, 09:47 AM
In Rodgers rookie year, he was terrible every time he went on the field in the preseason. Nall was OK.

It would be hard to argue Rodgers outperformed Nall that year for sure.
Probably the same for the next year.

Last year Rodgers started looking decent and this year he has looked good.

MJZiggy
09-03-2007, 09:48 AM
B, this is only his 3rd year...

Bretsky
09-03-2007, 09:56 AM

Yes, you are right; he looked like crap year one, better year two, and good this year. I'm suffering from Post Tramautic Excessive Relative Dealings from yesterday

retailguy
09-03-2007, 09:57 AM

beginning of last year he stunk. end of last year he was on IR after 2 quarters worth of work....

other than that, what B said was spot on.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2007, 11:13 AM
It would be hard to argue Rodgers outperformed Nall that year for sure. Probably the same for the next year.

This is Rodgers third year. Nall was only with the team when he was a rookie.

Bretsky
09-03-2007, 11:41 AM
It would be hard to argue Rodgers outperformed Nall that year for sure. Probably the same for the next year.

This is Rodgers third year. Nall was only with the team when he was a rookie.

I believe Ziggy already corrected me; nothing like kicking an old dog while he's down :lol: