PDA

View Full Version : In the 2007 season I am looking forward to...

swede
09-02-2007, 12:10 AM
...watching Brett Favre play really well in what will probably be his final season. I think Brett has shown signs of being able to finish up with a very good showing. With old age closing in before the Super Bowl window opens again, I think he may decide to simply bow out with an outstanding year statistically.

THAT will be fun to see. (edit: I hope I'm wrong about the retirement btw)

oregonpackfan
09-02-2007, 12:12 AM
I too predict this will be Brett's last season.

Merlin
09-02-2007, 12:14 AM
I am mixed with Favre. I think if he sees the team having the potential to go to the Super Bowl, he will be back. I think he will have a good year but nothing fancy. I HOPE that he doesn't have to break his personal record of most attempts in a season. That would the be the third year in a row!

Badgepack
09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Seeing the Packers regain a homefield advantage and having Lambeau Field being a place teams do not want to play at.

I think Favre plays one more year after this season.

Merlin
09-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I heard Favre was quoted as saying he could play into his 40's or some shit? Anyone else hear that?

swede
09-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I have no doubt he could play into his 40's, and he's worked hard to keep his body ready for football every off-season the last four or five years, but Brett has shown signs of feeling a little isolated from his teammates.

To his dismay, they call him "Sir".

His daughter just headed off to college.

Some of his teammates just graduated from college.

On the sidelines during the final pre-season game he was pretending to take a snap from James Campen (Brett's first center in GB, if I remember correctly, and now one of the coaches) who was bent over viewing the field. It was so funny and so innocent I howled with laughter at Brett and his goofy sense of humor.

And then some of his young teammates came over and were all, "Excuse me...Mr. Favre...we were wondering if you noticed that Tennessee's safeties are blah blah blah..." and the moment was gone.

It's not his playing that makes me think this might be it.

It's his new role as venerable, respected old guy living legend that will bum him out in the end.

GrnBay007
09-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I have no doubt he could play into his 40's, and he's worked hard to keep his body ready for football every off-season the last four or five years, but Brett has shown signs of feeling a little isolated from his teammates.

To his dismay, they call him "Sir".

His daughter just headed off to college.

Some of his teammates just graduated from college.

On the sidelines during the final pre-season game he was pretending to take a snap from James Campen (Brett's first center in GB, if I remember correctly, and now one of the coaches) who was bent over viewing the field. It was so funny and so innocent I howled with laughter at Brett and his goofy sense of humor.

And then some of his young teammates came over and were all, "Excuse me...Mr. Favre...we were wondering if you noticed that Tennessee's safeties are blah blah blah..." and the moment was gone.

It's not his playing that makes me think this might be it.

It's his new role as venerable, respected old guy living legend that will bum him out in the end.

So then.........

All the Packers need to do, is have some of the "old guys" at every game on the sideline to talk, goof around and "play" with Favre. It will work!!! :P

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm looking forward to a defense that can take over a game every once in a while and I really want a special teams touchdown.

Oh--and beating the Bears Oct. 7!!

Him8123
09-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Im looking forward to kicking the snot out of the seagulls opening weekend.

GrnBay007
09-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing the best play we've seen from Favre since 2003.

And like Greg Bedard, Journal Sentinel Packers beat writer wrote, "he's a thing of beauty to watch when he gets into a rhythm"

If this is your last year BF (I hope not).............go out with a bang!!

It's so exciting that we finally have a defense that will really impact this team!!

:cow: :clap: :cow:

Carolina_Packer
09-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm looking forward to having something real to debate instead of what might be, what we think might happen type debates.

I'm looking forward to the offense finding some heroes besides Brett and DD.

GrnBay007
09-02-2007, 10:33 AM

JJ !!! :clap: :P

crosbiegrad
09-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm looking forward to the shut out defense that we all know were gonna have but what I really look forward to is the suprising success of our TE's and RB, I'm telling you, Bubba and Morency are gonna have fantastc years. Now someone take the mug before I finish ALL of the kool aid

retailguy
09-02-2007, 03:36 PM

You have a one track mind.... :alc:

I'm hoping for JJ to get about 350 yards and a couple of TD's before he hits the rookie wall, if that happens soon enough by the end of the year he'll be back!

gex
09-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Got this from another forum, I dont agree with all of it but still a good read. :)

Brett, I owe you an apology. I have broken faith. I have sinned against you in my heart. A year ago at this time, I was saying unkind things about you to other Packers fans. Things like "It's time for him to retire before he ruins his legacy with another 30-interception season." And: "Every season he plays just postpones our next Super Bowl hopes by another year." And: "He's the only quarterback alive whose decisionmaking gets worse as he gets older." Brett, I'm sorry. All those things I said about you? They were true. Face it: You're just not the same quarterback you were 10 years ago, and I don't mean physically. Half the time, you don't seem to have the heart for a whole 60-minute game. You'll squander a perfectly promising drive by throwing deep into double coverage, for no apparent reason other than to cut the tension. (Holmgren would've kicked your ass for it. Sherman didn't, which is probably why you keep doing it.) Then, you'll make that ridiculous little-boy grimace-face, like "How could this have happened?" which makes me want to reach through the TV screen and shake you. Afterwards, you'll say something preposterous about how your mistakes weren't really mistakes because you were just trying to "make something happen."

But you know what? None of that matters. After last season ended, I realized something had changed. I wanted you to come back. And it wasn't because you'd managed to lead the Green Bay to a perfectly respectable and better-than-expected 8-8 finish. Nor was it because this season's prospects look even better, with a core of talented young defensive players (Aaron Kampman, Cullen Jenkins, A.J. Hawk, Nick Barnett) who should guarantee the Pack a playoff spot no matter what happens on offense. Nor is it because, seriously, Aaron Rodgers? Brett, I don't care about those things. I don't care if we make the playoffs or not. I don't care if you throw 40 picks this year, and you make that stupid face every time. If I wanted to watch someone execute perfect plays, I'd root for Peyton Manning. I don't. I want to watch the guy who got called for a late hit against the Vikings after decking the cornerback who'd picked him off. The guy who got knocked silly in the Jets game, then popped up and threw a touchdown he didn't remember afterwards. The guy who played the best game of his life the night his dad's body lay cooling on a slab -- turning a throwaway Raiders game into the most poignant night of my career as a fan. If the other stuff -- the insane decisions, the dumb risks, the misguided belief in an ability to turn any broken play into six points -- if all that comes along with the package, so be it. I just want it to last as long as possible.

(Confidential to Coach McCarthy: First time he lobs an easy one into the waiting arms of a safety, you have to tear his fucking head off. It's what Holmgren would do.)

Scott Campbell
09-02-2007, 06:12 PM

That's what I'm looking forward to also. Gotta love those picks from nowhere that catch everybody by surprise. Fear the Turtle.

I also expect to beat the Bears twice.