PDA

View Full Version : The Dendy Backers

Packnut
09-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Did'nt I start screamin for his head last season? Did'nt I say he sucked and should not be on this team? Let's see now, who was it that argued with me about this and said Dendy would be a good nickel back? This one is for you:

I TOLD YA SO!

It's hard work being right...........

swede
09-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Your point then, is that TT improved depth in the defensive backfield to the point that last year's nickel back has been pushed out the door by more talented players.

I can't argue that.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I agree. Thompson did a wonderful job of overhauling the CBs on this team. When Sherman was here, Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas were two of our top three corners.
:D

RashanGary
09-02-2007, 09:20 AM
I was wrong on Dendy. I'll take my lumps for that one. I don't like it against such a overconfident bafoon like yourself fucknut, but I don't have a choice here. Dendy was my guy and he just didn't play like I thought he would :violin:

GrnBay007
09-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Thought we were all getting along Justin? Not necessary.

RashanGary
09-02-2007, 09:26 AM

Hey, he directed a whole thread at me. I was the only Dendy backer here, sadly enough. I'm getting along. I think packnut likes this friendly ribbing.

Bretsky
09-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Dang, I sure as hell hope we don't start posting I told you so threads with every memory we have. We'll all going to be right and wrong in here

Heck, I'd have an infinite amount of threads to start then and Mad would think I'm spamming the board :lol:

RashanGary
09-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey, B. People have beaten you up with threads on Meachem and Thurmon. If you throw your opinion out there, you're going to be wrong. It's just the way it is. That's part of the fun though. I really don't mind taking my lumps for this. I will say that I think Carroll skewed my view of what a corner should look like because anyone looked good next to him but that's no excuse. I was wrong, I fell short. That's all there is to it. Same time, I'm not just goiong to bend over and enjoy it :) I'm going to go down swinging :) Nobody will EVER mistake me for a gracefull loser. Just ask my family, most people won't even play games iwth me because I'm overly competitive.

Rastak
09-02-2007, 09:40 AM

Hey, he directed a whole thread at me. I was the only Dendy backer here, sadly enough. I'm getting along. I think packnut likes this friendly ribbing.

Just because a guy is paranoid doesn't mean people really aren't out to get him.....

RashanGary
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Allright, I'm outta here. I don't know what you just said Rastak. Could you clarify so I can come back know whether or not you called me paranoid?

MadtownPacker
09-02-2007, 09:46 AM

Hey, he directed a whole thread at me. I was the only Dendy backer here, sadly enough. I'm getting along. I think packnut likes this friendly ribbing.I dont see your name in the title of this thread or the first post. :?:

Let me show you how a true OG would have handled this:

Yo Packnut, predicting Dendy was gonna get the axe didn't exactly take a crystal ball did it? :roll:

retailguy
09-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Allright, I'm outta here.

Promise?

Rastak
09-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Allright, I'm outta here. I don't know what you just said Rastak. Could you clarify so I can come back know whether or not you called me paranoid?

The dude never mentioned your name, yet you assume the entire thread is directed at you and no one else....which it might be since you keep resorting to name calling.

Seemed a little paranoid. Not trying to start anything, just an observation.

Lurker64
09-02-2007, 10:08 AM
At the same time, I feel kinda bad for Dendy. Last year he did basically everything that was asked of him and worked really hard to not be a complete liability with his limited athletic ability. At the same time those "try hard, no upside" guys are the same sorts of guys that you hope to be able to cycle through quickly with Thompson's constant roster churning. I wish him well though.

Merlin
09-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I will say it, you are paranoid. That explains a lot.

GrnBay007
09-02-2007, 11:04 AM

Promise?

:?

c'mon......

Freak Out
09-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I told you so.....ha ha. Go cure cancer now.

LEWCWA
09-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Dendy was limited athletically, but assignment sure. They have found some more athletic Db's that are mature enough now to not make huge mistakes. These things happen.

Guiness
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Bah - I'm on JH fan (either of them) but I knew the initial post was directed at him...

retailguy
09-02-2007, 02:45 PM

Promise?

c'mon......

Hey, a guy can hope, can't he? :oops:

Rastak
09-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Promise?

c'mon......

Hey, a guy can hope, can't he? :oops:

Now that ain't nice......

retailguy
09-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Now that ain't nice......

This is why I hate this form of communication. I didn't really mean it badly.... :cry:

esoxx
09-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Being wrong on Dendy isn't bad. He had no expectations to be good and wasn't highly touted. He is what he is.

On the other hand, there were plenty of posters that felt Carroll was going to be a good CB, even going into last season.

There was always some excuse to explain his bad play...he had to endure Schottenheimer his rookie year, he had to adjust to a new defensive scheme the next year, etc... plenty of excuses and rationalizing for the guy. When a player sucked as consistently bad as Carroll did and people can't see it or feel the need to make excuses for it, it makes me wonder what the hell they're watching out there.

Rastak
09-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Being wrong on Dendy isn't bad. He had no expectations to be good and wasn't highly touted. He is what he is.

On the other hand, there were plenty of posters that felt Carroll was going to be a good CB, even going into last season.

There was always some excuse to explain his bad play...he had to endure Schottenheimer his rookie year, he had to adjust to a new defensive scheme the next year, etc... plenty of excuses and rationalizing for the guy. When a player sucked as consistently bad as Carroll did and people can't see it or feel the need to make excuses for it, it makes me wonder what the hell they're watching out there.

It's a common thing from football fans of all teams. In this case, guys are wearing Green and Gold glasses and every player and move is viewed from the best possible angle......the most optomistic view is always taken.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Let me show you how a true OG would have handled this:

Yo Packnut, predicting Dendy was gonna get the axe didn't exactly take a crystal ball did it? :roll:

What's a "true OG"?

And I agree. I think you're in sorry shape if you've got to start a thread to brag about being right about Dendy.

Bretsky
09-03-2007, 08:12 AM

It's a common thing from football fans of all teams. In this case, guys are wearing Green and Gold glasses and every player and move is viewed from the best possible angle......the most optomistic view is always taken.

Oh PHOOEEYY to that; I'm a realistic optomistic Ras. Don't ya see it. I'm not on board with the infinite kool aide fountain :lol:

Rastak
09-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Oh PHOOEEYY to that; I'm a realistic optomistic Ras. Don't ya see it. I'm not on board with the infinite kool aide fountain :lol:

Yea, there are exceptions to every rule!