PDA

View Full Version : Play-offs At Steak Against Philly---------Cheesy, But True

son of a vic
09-02-2007, 10:27 AM
With the brutality of the schedule, It's safe to say, that losing the first game at home, would make it unlikely for the Pack to win the division, or make the play-offs. Granted, predictions are like asses, everybody has one, and most of them stink.While I know thee"on any given Sunday" upsets take place, I don't think they can lose more than two games at home, and still be in the hunt. Whether they ARE a play-off team is up for debate, but losing to Philly would squash any post season hopes that are in our dreams.

For the impending bashing that is sure to follow, please read the disclaimer below---------------------------------------------------------------------
Any perceived negativity in thee above statement, is a figment of your Kool-aid pickled brain. It's just an honest opinion from a guy had no use for Mike Sherman(and was right on him by the way) and who has not been negative at all towards Ted or Mike, because they deserve a chance to prove themselves, before they get thrown on the hot seat.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I'm sure the "Mr. Negativety" tag will be my calling card on this
website, thanks to the battle royals I had with some of the blind faithful a few years back.

son of a vic
09-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Where's that Kool-aid Guy? Is he hangin with Ned?

GrnBay007
09-02-2007, 10:31 AM
LOL. Hey Vic, good to see you back here.

Since you mentioned predictions......go ahead and post yours in the 2007 prediction thread. Would like to see it. :D

P.S. Reading your post gave me the impression you are feeling a lil positive about the Pack this year. ....maybe. :P

MadtownPacker
09-02-2007, 10:44 AM
With the brutality of the schedule, It's safe to say, that losing the first game at home, would make it unlikely for the Pack to win the division, or make the play-offs. Granted, predictions are like asses, everybody has one, and most of them stink.While I know thee"on any given Sunday" upsets take place, I don't think they can lose more than two games at home, and still be in the hunt. Whether they ARE a play-off team is up for debate, but losing to Philly would squash any post season hopes that are in our dreams.100% agree. The eagles are very likely to be a playoff contender come December so a W against then is crucial. The tie-breaker always seem to come back to bite teams in the ass just like the rams loss did to the Pack last year.

So are they gonna get that win in week 1 SOV?

BallHawk
09-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Was "cheese" and "steak" a hidden play on words or just a funny coincidence? :D

GrnBay007
09-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Vic, re: 2007 prediction........

Narrow it down a bit, k?

RashanGary
09-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I agree that this is a very important opening day. I'm looking forward to this more than I've looked forward to an opening day in a while. I think we have a really good chance to get to and excel in the playoffs this year.

Rastak
09-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I agree that this is a very important opening day. I'm looking forward to this more than I've looked forward to an opening day in a while. I think we have a really good chance to get to and excel in the playoffs this year.

Eagles defense has been a question mark this preseason from what I've read.....

RashanGary
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Oh goodie :)

son of a vic
09-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Goodie two shoes------------------you don't drink you don't smoke, what do you do!

Rastak
09-02-2007, 11:33 AM

Oh goodie :)

Goodie? LOL.....anyway, from scout.com

Did Eagles Address Offseason Priority?

By Scout.com

Posted Aug 30, 2007

The Eagles' top offseason priority was improving a defense that finished 15th in yards allowed, 15th in points allowed and 26th in rushing yards allowed. Did they succeed in improving the squad? That is the big question as they prepare for the start of their 2007 season.

The Eagles will open 2007 with new starters at five different positions, including an entirely new linebacking corps. The Eagles traded for Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes in March, and will plug him in on the weak side. But there are question marks at the other two linebacker positions.

The Eagles gave strong-side linebacker Dhani Jones his long-overdue walking papers in May and have replaced him with second-year man Chris Gocong. But Gocong, a college defensive end, has never played a regular-season snap at linebacker, and still is feeling his way.

A little more surprising was the mid-August release of veteran middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter. Trotter, a three-time Pro Bowler whose deteriorating knees had robbed him of his speed and range, will be replaced by second-year man Omar Gaither, who started seven games on the weak side as a rookie, but has never taken a regular-season snap in the middle.

Two other young defensive players under the gun are defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley and strong safety Sean Considine. Bunkley, the team's '06 No. 1 pick, was a bust as a rookie and seldom played. But the Eagles traded away starting defensive tackle Darwin Walker to get Spikes, and now Bunkley must produce. Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson has called the former Florida State player the key to the defense's success this season.

Considine replaced Michael Lewis seven games into last season. He did a better job than Lewis against the pass, but struggled against the run. He added weight in the offseason and is up to 210 pounds, but didn't play particularly well against either the run or the pass in the preseason.

Another defensive concern is left end Jevon Kearse. Kearse missed 14 games last season with torn ligaments in his knee and was invisible in the preseason. Johnson is counting on Kearse to be a double-digit sack pass-rusher this season, but he doesn't have the same speed off the edge that he had earlier in his career. The fact that he only weighs about 245 pounds doesn't help either.

"I think we'll be alright," coach Andy Reid said. "We should be alright. There are some things we need to get straightened out as far as alignments and things like that. We need to get those things tended to before we get to Green Bay. But we'll be OK."

There are far fewer concerns on the other side of the ball. Quarterback Donovan McNabb, who is recovering from a torn ACL in his left knee, had a solid preseason. Wide receiver Kevin Curtis appears to be a solid tradeoff for Donte Stallworth, who signed with New England.

The only two offensive questions entering the season are the health of Pro Bowl right guard Shawn Andrews and tight end L.J. Smith. Andrews missed the entire preseason with a high ankle sprain. But Reid has said he'll be ready for the start of the season. Smith also has been sidelined most of the summer with a groin strain that may or may not be related to his spring

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2007, 11:59 AM

it was an SOV-style joke

Rastak
09-02-2007, 01:07 PM

it was an SOV-style joke

Not nearly as funny as the Nascar - Bookmobile thing....

cheesner
09-02-2007, 01:30 PM
but losing to Philly would squash any post season hopes that are in our dreams.
. . .

If we loose to Philly, the best we could possible do is go 15-1. The best the Bears (or anyone else in the division) could to is 14-2. According to my math, that would in fact, get us into the playoffs.

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Cheesner, I like the way you think...

Rastak
09-02-2007, 01:46 PM
. . .

If we loose to Philly, the best we could possible do is go 15-1. The best the Bears (or anyone else in the division) could to is 14-2. According to my math, that would in fact, get us into the playoffs.

That's true......and even if someone else went 15-1 if they won every game 100-0 they could win all the tie breakers.

Packnut
09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Philly is a must win game for several reasons. First and most important, re-establishing HFA. Without it, the season is over.

Second is keeping the momentum going from last season.

Third is confidence among the young guys. Confidence breeds winning.

It won't be easy. Our D will have to limit Philly's scoring while creating a few turnovers. We have no running game and everyone knows it except for our GM and JustinHarrell. Therefore Brett will throw 35+ times. It should be close with the outcome decided in the 4th quarter..........

KYPack
09-02-2007, 02:38 PM
son of a vic!

Good to see ya again, you old son of a bitch.

Sort of.

retailguy
09-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Cheesner, I like the way you think... :alc:

son of a vic
09-02-2007, 04:41 PM
[quote="KYPack"]son of a vic!

Good to see ya again, you old son of a bitch.

Sort of.[/quote

Yes sir, the voice of reason is back in town,

Trying to keep my Kool-aid down!

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Cheesner, I like the way you think... :alc:

Yes, RG, that is what happens when I drink too much. :glug: :oops:

Go Pack!! :five: :cow:

son of a vic
09-02-2007, 05:00 PM
. . .

I think you are a candidate for intervention. A few of your closest friends will stop by your house in a green spray paited 1975' Winnebago RV, and tell you they are headed to KC to see the game. Then they'll drive you all the way to the Betty Ford clinic in California.

son of a vic
09-03-2007, 09:11 AM

That green powdery substance under your nose has got to be Krack Kool-aid.

RashanGary
09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm the new Koolaid man, vic.

Bretsky
09-03-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm the new Koolaid man, vic.

Yes, you and RG should really switch avatars. :lol:

BEARMAN
09-03-2007, 10:15 AM
"Kool-Aid Pickled brains" LMAO ! Good one, can I use it ? 8-)

son of a vic
09-03-2007, 11:38 AM
"Kool-Aid Pickled brains" LMAO ! Good one, can I use it ? 8-)

no, And to be consistant, You should drop the e in "Bares" to match-up with your Ronald "Regan" quote.

Do not underestimate a quality education.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
No doubt it's an important game. But I don't think a loss or win will define the season.

son of a vic
09-07-2007, 06:52 PM
No doubt it's an important game. But I don't think a loss or win will define the season.

It will set the tone for the season, and with the early part of the schedule being very tough, a loss could send them to an 0-3 start, which a young team will never recover from.

A win, and they have a shot at post season. A loss, and they probably have no chance.

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 07:10 PM

It will set the tone for the season, and with the early part of the schedule being very tough, a loss could send them to an 0-3 start, which a young team will never recover from.

A win, and they have a shot at post season. A loss, and they probably have no chance.

Egads!! You think M3 would let them give up that easily????

BooHoo
09-07-2007, 07:19 PM
I really would like a win against Philly. Hate to see us lose at home again. A win would also give our young team some confidence and the news media might start talking about us again.

oregonpackfan
09-07-2007, 07:35 PM

I agree with Scott on this one. Sure, it would be great to beat Philly because it is the opening game, it is on Lambeau Field, and to get season momentum going.

At the same time, it is a LONG season. The Packers have 15 more games to go.

IMO, the games that are considered near "Must Win" games are the ones against our division rivals--Vikings, Lions, and Teddy Bears. The immediate goal is to win, the secondary goal is to win the NFC-North divisiion. THEN, the next sub-goal is to beat out of division opponents.

Though I think the Eagles will win this Sunday, I do not envision an Opening Day blowout like last years 26-0 loss against the Bears.

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2007, 07:40 PM
It will be a close game. Its hard to believe that the Offense can be effective with so many nicked-up players, no continuity.

I don't think this Sunday's game is going to tell us much about the Packer offense for 2007.

Packnut
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
This is a HUGE game. GB will NEVER take any step forward UNTIL they re-claim HFA. Lambeau must become a place where teams don't wanna come to again. Lose Sunday and nothings changed.........

HarveyWallbangers
09-07-2007, 09:50 PM
We match up poorly with Philadelphia. We've lost 5 times in the last 5 years to them, and with some better teams also. We HAVE to win one of these first two games though.

Brett plays shitty against Jim Johnson defenses--even with Ahman in his prime, Javon, and Driver.

son of a vic
09-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Cripes, I thought I was the downer around here. I look like a telavangelist touting the green and gold gospel, compared to some others.