PDA

View Full Version : Michigan To Bounce Back Next Week!

oregonpackfan
09-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Yes, Michigan's loss to Apalachian State was not only the upset of the weekend, it may be the upset of the college fall season!

I would not count out Michigan for the rest of the season, however. They have too much pride and tradition to pack it in.

Next week, Michigan hosts the Oregon Ducks at "The Big House." I predict the Wolverines will out and demolish the Ducks by a margin or 17 points or more.

In their win against Houston, the Ducks' defense gave up 315 yards rushing. Michigan might think to just grind it out with constant runs against the Ducks' weak D-line.

The Badgers still face a big challenge in facing Michigan later on in the season. I am confident, however, in the Badgers pulling out a close win.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Yes, Michigan's loss to Apalachian State was not only the upset of the weekend, it may be the upset of the college fall season!

A Division II team has never beat a ranked opponent before. And Michigan was #5, with studs at QB, RB, WR.

I think this is the greatest upset in the history of college football. Well, forget what I think, I don't know shit, but people who know shit are saying it is the greatest ever.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2007, 12:58 PM
App. St. is Division I-AA.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2007, 01:25 PM
right, got my terms messed up.

A division II has never beat a division I team cause they've never played!

Freak Out
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Appalachian State is a hell of a team and has won like 16 strait so I have to disagree with the greatest upset in history stuff. Back to back champs in whatever the fuck they are calling that division now.

swede
09-02-2007, 03:31 PM
This will go down in football history the same way Milan High School has been remembered in basketball. (Hoosiers)

Appalachia State is pretty damn good and it is way too easy to look past a team like this when you are Michigan. Michigan had the whole season ahead of them, and, for Appalachia State, this WAS the biggie, the magnum opus, the cornerstone, the highlight reel of their season.

The movie will come out in 2032 on the 25th anniversary.

oregonpackfan
09-02-2007, 03:52 PM
This will go down in football history the same way Milan High School has been remembered in basketball. (Hoosiers)

Appalachia State is pretty damn good and it is way too easy to look past a team like this when you are Michigan. Michigan had the whole season ahead of them, and, for Appalachia State, this WAS the biggie, the magnum opus, the cornerstone, the highlight reel of their season.

The movie will come out in 2032 on the 25th anniversary.

Swede,

I predict the movie will come up within the next 3 years! :)

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I predict the movie will come up within the next 3 years! :)

They'll have to make all the players from Appalachian State good old country boys who don't like to wear shoes, chew on straw.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Appalachian State is a hell of a team and has won like 16 strait

Ya but they play against teams with 250 pound offensive linemen.

Charles Woodson
09-02-2007, 08:43 PM
My favorite part of all of this was,

The michigan coach's excuse was, "We werent prepared..."

Well if you werent prepared what the hell have you been doing the past 6 or whatever months

LL2
09-03-2007, 07:14 AM
The only good thing about this loss is that it's better to lose your 1st or 2nd game of the season than the 9th or 10th game. A team can climb back up the polls easier losing early, but near the end of the season it kills their chances of landing in one of the premier bowl games.

Deputy Nutz
09-03-2007, 10:25 AM
The only good outcome is that Lloyd Carr will most likely be fired at the end of the year. He has wasted more talent than any other college coach out there.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2007, 11:23 AM
The only good thing about this loss is that it's better to lose your 1st or 2nd game of the season than the 9th or 10th game. A team can climb back up the polls easier losing early, but near the end of the season it kills their chances of landing in one of the premier bowl games.

Maybe if you lost to a New Mexico, or a Mississippi State. But Appalachian State - there's no coming back from that loss. This is the equivilant of one of McGuire's powerhouse Marquette teams losing to an early season bunny like Cardinal Stritch. And there's no good that can come from having your season end prior to Labor Day.

Joemailman
09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I wonder if a relative nobody (Jason Hunter of Appalachian St.) has the nerve to give a hard time to the likes of Woodson (Michigan).

LL2
09-04-2007, 08:53 AM
I wonder if a relative nobody (Jason Hunter of Appalachian St.) has the nerve to give a hard time to the likes of Woodson (Michigan).

I'm sure he's rubbing it in.

Cheesehead Craig
09-04-2007, 01:32 PM
The only good outcome is that Lloyd Carr will most likely be fired at the end of the year. He has wasted more talent than any other college coach out there.
I am reminded of a quote from my buddy when Dale Brown was the men's BB coach at LSU during the Shaq years and I think it applies here:

"Never has so little been done with so much"

Zool
09-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I am reminded of a quote from my buddy when Dale Brown was the men's BB coach at LSU during the Shaq years and I think it applies here:

"Never has so little been done with so much"

I think they said the same thing about Bobby Cox and the Braves.

Badgerinmaine
09-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Maybe if you lost to a New Mexico, or a Mississippi State. But Appalachian State - there's no coming back from that loss.

Heck, I think Appalachian State would clobber Mississippi State. UMaine isn't nearly as good a 1-AA team as App. State and beat MSU two years ago in Starkville. And from what I saw of MSU vs. LSU this week, they don't look like they've gotten better. I feel badly for Sylvester Croom.

oregonpackfan
09-05-2007, 10:36 AM
My favorite part of all of this was,

The michigan coach's excuse was, "We werent prepared..."

Apparently, Michigan was not prepared for the last 3 games they have played as they lost all three of them--Ohio State last year, USC in the Rose Bowl(they were clobbered) and now App. St.

The only way Carr can keep his job is to win every one of the games on the regular schedule and win a major Bowl game. The National Championship game eligibility is all but over for MU.

Badgerinmaine
09-05-2007, 10:48 AM
A division II has never beat a division I team cause they've never played!

I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure the Badgers have played North Dakota and South Dakota when each was Division II.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2007, 11:15 AM
I suppose they used to call NCAA-1aa "Division II". And now "Divison II" is even smaller schools. I was looking at the Div II website, and am surprised that there are about 250 schools playing at this level.

BallHawk
09-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Bump for an upset.

BallHawk
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Bump for another huge TD pass.

32-7 Oregon!

0-2 for Big Blue.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2007, 04:12 PM
oregon is winning 32-7 in the second quarter!? this can't be happening. Am I crazy? Don't bother answering, you might just be part of the hallucination anyway.

BallHawk
09-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Let's just hope that OPF manages to get up by 10 o'clock to watch the game tomorrow. I'm sure he's knocking back a few as we speak. :D

oregonpackfan
09-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Let's just hope that OPF manages to get up by 10 o'clock to watch the game tomorrow. I'm sure he's knocking back a few as we speak. :D

:)

I have to admit I am surprisingly stunned by the game. As you recall, I started out this thread by claiming that Michigan would bounce back from last week's historic upset by App. St. to crush the Oregon Ducks! I even predicted they would beat Oregon by a margin of 17+ points.

Most of the preseason pollsters predicted the Ducks would finish 5th or 6th in the Pac-10. For them to beat Michigan in "The Big House" 39-7 shows how overrated and poor a team the Wolverines actually are!

The more I follow football, the more I realize there is no such thing as a "Sure win" or "Sure loss." :oops:

SkinBasket
09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
The more I follow football, the more I realize there is no such thing as a "Sure win" or "Sure loss." :oops:

All the more reason pre-season NCAAF rankings are retarded. They shouldn't rank the teams until 4 weeks in.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2007, 10:34 AM
All the more reason pre-season NCAAF rankings are retarded. They shouldn't rank the teams until 4 weeks in.Then we woudln't get top see a top 5 team plummet from the rankings.

SkinBasket
09-09-2007, 11:14 AM
All the more reason pre-season NCAAF rankings are retarded. They shouldn't rank the teams until 4 weeks in.Then we woudln't get top see a top 5 team plummet from the rankings.

We also wouldn't have to see an average-at-best, over ranked, ND team go to a BCS bowl like last year.