PDA

View Full Version : 2 OF 10 IMPACT ROOKIES GO TO GREEN BAY! RIVALS.COM

gbpackfan
05-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Green Bay has selected 2 of the 10 impact rookies according to rival.com. They are.......AJ Hawk and Greg Jennings. Read for yourself:

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=539811

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2006, 07:53 PM
That's nice to read.

MadtownPacker
05-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Hawk is an obvious choice but I too am excited about Jennings. Maybe it is because of the loss of Murphy, who was gonna be a good one and you could SEE it. Maybe cuz of walker the traitor. Either way this guy fits the system as do most of the picks. As soon as we see he can catch a Favre rocket with his hands we will all feel the same.

Iron Mike
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
If we could have got Calhoun, we could have 3!!!!!!! :sad:

RashanGary
05-02-2006, 08:59 PM
The more you hear about these guys the better it looks...This is the best draft I ever remember...I don't have good recolection of too many over 5 years so it's not like I have a big data base but I've never been as excited about a group as I am with this one.

Guiness
05-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Williams notable by his absence.

BF4MVP
05-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Very nice to see.

No Hodge though :sad:

BF4MVP
05-02-2006, 10:55 PM
PS no Colledge either. If he starts at guard, he could have a HUGE impact..

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Nice Sig!

swede
05-03-2006, 07:18 AM
LOVE the sig.

Chubbyhubby
05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
I came very impressed with this draft. We should have a solid team this year. The D has improved signifigantly though FA and offense through the draft. Having high draft picks through the draft helped us get trades. When you have a solid draft the bad season we went through doesn't appear that bad.

BF4MVP
05-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Nice Sig!

LOVE the sig.

Thanks guys!

LEWCWA
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I think its pie in the sky thinking that Jennings will make any big impact in the passing game as a rookie. I may be wrong, but I believe Driver, Gardner and Fergy will be the top 3 rec. I also believe Gardner is the key to this thing. The guy has talent and if he can hold down the # spot, everyones favorite whipping boy (Fergy) will have a nice season in the 3 spot!

OS PA
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
I think its pie in the sky thinking that Jennings will make any big impact in the passing game as a rookie. I may be wrong, but I believe Driver, Gardner and Fergy will be the top 3 rec. I also believe Gardner is the key to this thing. The guy has talent and if he can hold down the # spot, everyones favorite whipping boy (Fergy) will have a nice season in the 3 spot!

I agree with you, but not completely, I think that Jennings will step up big on 2nd and 3rd down as a slot reciever this year, I don't think he'll put up probowl or OROY numbers, but he will be an important piece to the puzzle. Gardner has potential to have a very solid year.

Harlan Huckleby
05-03-2006, 03:49 PM
I think its pie in the sky thinking that Jennings will make any big impact in the passing game as a rookie. I may be wrong, but I believe Driver, Gardner and Fergy will be the top 3 rec.

They need some speed on the field. It would be good to have a deep threat in the rotation, even the guy is not a polished receiver.

swede
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah, maybe it is pie in the sky, but I am rather euphoric these days.

I am gonna make an observation here that may or may not be true, but playing time at some positions is a little easier for rookies to break into than others.

I know wide receivers take about three years, typically, to reach full potential. But rookie wide receivers in Green Bay have, in the past, at least gotten a few touches to see what they can do. And Donald Driver had a good looking rookie year until he got injured. (I think that was DD.) Cory Bradford was another that got thrown to in his rookie season.

Excuse me while I take a swallow of this sweet post-draft Kool-aid. Ahhhh!

I think Greg Jennings will contribute and be a fine young receiver that averages four catches a game and scores five touchdowns this year.

Charles Woodson
05-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Man o man am i excited about this year, but i think Vernon davis should have been ranked higher

KYPack
05-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, maybe it is pie in the sky, but I am rather euphoric these days.

I am gonna make an observation here that may or may not be true, but playing time at some positions is a little easier for rookies to break into than others.

I know wide receivers take about three years, typically, to reach full potential. But rookie wide receivers in Green Bay have, in the past, at least gotten a few touches to see what they can do. And Donald Driver had a good looking rookie year until he got injured. (I think that was DD.) Cory Bradford was another that got thrown to in his rookie season.

Excuse me while I take a swallow of this sweet post-draft Kool-aid. Ahhhh!

I think Greg Jennings will contribute and be a fine young receiver that averages four catches a game and scores five touchdowns this year.

Brett has always been one to give young WR's a chance.

He likes to develop a relationship with the young guys and give them some routes that allow 'em to both shine and learn.

DD is an excellent example here. I don't think other vet QB's would've given Don the chance that BF did.

Note to our young wides, Brett loves throwing in practice and some work afterwards. If you show spunk and willingness to work, he'll give you your chance.

Bretsky
05-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Top Rookie Of The Year Candidates

Joseph Addai will try to replace Edgerrin James in Indianapolis.
Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

Here are my top five candidates for offensive and defensive Rookie of the Year. Check 'em out and share your favorites for the award.

OFFENSE

1. Reggie Bush, RB, Saints: OK, so this is the obvious choice. Bush will probably hold out, but it doesn't take much time to get a running back ready. Barry Sanders ran for 1,470 yards his rookie year. Bush will have that kind of impact.

2. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers: Coach Jon Fox says he wants to get back to the old-fashioned running game this year. If so, incumbent starter DeShaun Foster isn't going to last long and Williams should get a healthy share of carries.

3. Joseph Addai, RB, Colts: He's fast and will be running through gaping holes.

4. Matt Leinart, QB, Cardinals: Arizona is the perfect situation for a quarterback to put up numbers. Now all Leinart has to do is wait for a Kurt Warner meltdown and ditch his new girlfriend Paris Hilton.

5. Marcedes Lewis, TE, Jaguars: I really want to put a tight end on this list because there were so many good ones in the draft. Lewis is outstanding and will be an instant safety valve for Byron Leftwich. Sorry Vernon Davis, the 49ers are just too bad.

DEFENSE

1. A.J. Hawk, LB, Packers: The most polished prospect in the draft, Hawk will be the standout player on a defense that ranked seventh overall last season.

2. Bobby Carpenter, LB, Cowboys: Rookie linebackers have thrived in recent years and Dallas is a great spot for the versatile Carpenter.

3. Haloti Ngata, DT, Ravens: The 337-pound tackle fits perfectly in a defense that will be as stingy as ever. It's a shame interior linemen get no credit.

4. Mario Williams, DE, Texans: After passing on Bush, the Texans need to have Williams succeed and they'll gameplan accordingly, doing whatever they can to open up lanes to the quarterback.

5. Johnathan Joseph, CB, Bengals: Opponents will throw at Joseph, so the speedster out of South Carolina will get burned, but he'll also fill up his stat sheet with a few interceptions. If Michael Huff wasn't in Oakland, he'd be a candidate. And Antonio Cromartie could be special as well.

OS PA
05-04-2006, 11:50 PM
I'll just do one on offense and one on defense, i'm tired.

Offense -

DeAngelo Williams. Nick Goings, DeShaun Foster, and Stephen Davis just aren't the answers for a dismal Carolina Panthers running game, this is where Williams comes in. Williams will be the star back that they have been looking for. He will get between 35-40 touches a game and will add the double blade to the sword that is Steve Smith.

Defense -

I wanted to say AJ Hawk here, but i'm having to go out on a limb and say that Antonio Cromartie will allow at the most three touchdowns this year and have around five Int's to go along with his stellar year. Being on a team with unknowns like Quentin Jammar and Drayton Florence he'll be their starting shutdown corner.

LEWCWA
05-05-2006, 01:38 AM
Jammer is an unknown-he was a top 10 pick just a couple years ago!

HarveyWallbangers
05-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Jammer has a bit of a bust so far. They traded another bust CB, Sammy Davis, to San Francisco for a bust WR, Rashaun Woods.