PDA

View Full Version : GOOD NEWS - Driver, Morency, Jackson back at practice!

gbpackfan
09-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Driver, Morency return to practice
By Greg A. Bedard
Sunday, Sep 2 2007, 03:23 PM
Green Bay - In the 45 minutes of practice open to the media, Packers wide receiver Donald Driver was on the field and participated in his first practice since spraining his right foot against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Aug. 23.

Despite being in a boot as late as Thursday's game against the Tennesse Titans, Driver looked very healthy. No noticeable limp or anything else that would indicate he wouldn't be ready for next Sunday's season opener.

RB Vernand Morency appeared to be participating fully for the first time and also looked healthy. He got a lot of personal work with QB Brett Favre on the side. Looked like a tutoring session.

Formerly injured players also on the field and participating: RB Brandon Jackson (concussion), S Aaron Rouse (hamstring), OG Jason Spitz (calf), OT Tony Moll (stinger), OG Tony Palmer (hamstring), and DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilia (knee)

Fullback John Kuhn, who was claimed off waivers from the Pittsburgh Steelers, had not arrived in time to practice. DE Michael Montgomery (knee) continues to be out.

VERY GOOD NEWS ABOUT DRIVER. Almost as good as news about the RBs. I hope these two can stay healthy.

Packnut
09-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm surprised too about DD. I did'nt think he'd be in there or at least not 100%. He's a warrior like Brett.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm surprised too about DD. I did'nt think he'd be in there or at least not 100%. He's a warrior like Brett.

With an ankle like that isn't he more suceptable to reinjury? That's what I'm most concerned with.

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm a little worried about that too. I'd much rather he were off of it until next week at least.

Rastak
09-02-2007, 04:58 PM

With an ankle like that isn't he more suceptable to reinjury? That's what I'm most concerned with.

It's not an ankle for Driver, it's the connective tissue in his foot from what I read. Likely the top of his foot.

I don't know if the foot is susceptible (sp?) to reinjury, I have no clue but the ankle sure is. I've been told once you F'up those ligaments they are ready to pop again.

Not relevent to this case but it worries the hell out of me on a personal note.

MJZiggy
09-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Stick to forehand.

RashanGary
09-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Very good news with Morency, Jackson and Driver. It was also good to see Tony Moll back in there. That injury was never discussed so I thought maybe there was something more serious with his neck that they weren't letting on. After they kept him on the 53, I knew it wasn't the case and now having him back out there is very nice.

It sounds like Coston has acclaimated himself nicely as one of our top backup lineman. He did a good job protecting the passer with the #1's the last two weeks as well.

Coston (seems ready to play if needed but I'll have to see it to really believe it)
Moll (was OK last year and looked really good before the stinger)
Barbre (looks like a promising rookie. I see him at LT where he just lines up and goes one on one becuase of his natural pass pro ability and he was toted as a guy who struggled picking up complicated offense. The OT is pretty straight forward, beat your guy kind of stuff)
Palmer (heard some good things about him through camp)

I feel a lot better about that group this year than I did about last years backup group. Much better acctually even though Moll and Coston are still there, they are more seasoned and ready to contribute.

Rastak
09-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Stick to forehand.

Maybe run around the backhand like Federer.....oops, sorry, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

retailguy
09-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Stick to forehand.

Maybe run around the backhand like Federer.....oops, sorry, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

(Don't let 007 and GBRulz see the tennis chat, OK?) :whist:

Rastak
09-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Stick to forehand.

(Don't let 007 and GBRulz see the tennis chat, OK?) :whist:

In a related but unrelated note (I don't feel bad since some folks hijacked one of my other threads.

I ran a mile today on the ankle for the first time since I got hurt at a 10:13 pace , which is great for a old dude carrying 20 extra pounds sine 7/4.

Merlin
09-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't think I CAN run anymore: Nice job Rastak! :P