PDA

View Full Version : Your Assessment of Brett Farve

Kiwon
09-02-2007, 11:13 PM
I did not get to see any of the pre-season games. What is your assessment of Brett Farve’s performances?

Does he look sharp and ready to start the season off right?

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Started off poorly against Pittsburgh. Played okay against Seattle. Looked great against Jacksonville and Tennessee. Seemed to get better as the preseason went on. He actually looked sharper than he has in recent preseasons.

CaliforniaCheez
09-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Sharp as ever. Experience makes him better than 5-7 years ago. He gets rid of the ball rather hang on and improvise as much when things break down.

He can still outthrow 3/4 of NFL QB's. He still moves and avoids the rush in the pocket.

He can be much better with good blocking and good receivers. He seems to not trust some of the new guys as much and that will come. He still spreads the ball around.

The national media can't believe the guy is still great. I think he is better than ever. Throwing it 60 yards downfield is enough. The blocking can't last for a old time 70 yarder.

Freak Out
09-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Maybe the kool-aid dulls my vision but he looked pretty good to me.

PackerBlues
09-03-2007, 12:20 AM
He did look better and better as the preseason went on, but we may see some problems from our young recievers and their poor route running........ but that should get better the further we get into the season.

GrnBay007
09-03-2007, 12:28 AM
What is your assessment of Brett Favre’s performances?

He started off kinda slow, but finished strong. Can a gal....I mean fan, complain about that? :twisted:

:P

Kiwon
09-03-2007, 12:53 AM

He started off kinda slow, but finished strong. Can a gal....I mean fan, complain about that? :twisted:

I don't get it. Can you break it down for me? 8-)

GrnBay007
09-03-2007, 01:19 AM

I don't get it. Can you break it down for me? 8-)

:twisted: nuff said.

Deputy Nutz
09-03-2007, 02:51 AM
Favre looked better this pre-season than in his last 3 or 4. His accuracy has declined in the past couple years and that goes I think with the loss of a little zip on his throws. He times his throws like he has for his entire career but the velocity is a little off so he seem to miss high.

]{ilr]3
09-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Hopefully the Packers can be strong out of the gate this year. Something they always seem to struggle with then pick up steam as the year goes on. Something a lot of teams struggle with I know. But we are going to need this because of our tough schedule to begin this year and the Eagles are always strong out of the gate. The Giants usually are as well, but I hope they do there usual get worse as the season goes on tradition by the time we play them in two weeks :)

Carolina_Packer
09-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Favre looked better this pre-season than in his last 3 or 4. His accuracy has declined in the past couple years and that goes I think with the loss of a little zip on his throws. He times his throws like he has for his entire career but the velocity is a little off so he seem to miss high.

True enough. Do you think accuracy is affected by having to work with inexperienced guys who don't know the patterns as well as Favre? If he has to hesitate because a pattern doesn't set up like it should and then he has to improvise, that can affect him for sure, I think.

oregonpackfan
09-03-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree with the other posters who notice that Favre has looked sharp the last 3 games of the pre-season. He actually seemed to be more accurate with his passing than in past pre-seasons.

On a few occasions he seemed upset with his young receivers either running the wrong routes or cutting off their routes. His frustrated is certainly understandable. As an experienced veteran, need needs to display leadership for the younger players.

Physically, he seems in good shape and moves relatively well.

I believe Favre is definitely ready to start the season.

PackerBlues
09-03-2007, 10:15 AM
The only time one of his passes seemed all that bad was on the long ball. (Go Routes?) It was most noticeable with James Jones. Jones would look over his shoulder, trying to find the ball, which caused him to slow down, which made it look like Favre over threw him. Its something that the young wr's did all throughout the preseason.

GBRulz
09-03-2007, 10:29 AM

:bclap:

Have you seen his Wrangler jeans commercial yet? Oh...he's def looking very good as pre-season went on :wink:

Deputy Nutz
09-03-2007, 10:33 AM

True enough. Do you think accuracy is affected by having to work with inexperienced guys who don't know the patterns as well as Favre? If he has to hesitate because a pattern doesn't set up like it should and then he has to improvise, that can affect him for sure, I think.

Thats some of it, but he had to work with Bill Schroeder in his past. Young, inexperienced, bad route runners, bad hands, Favre has worked with them all.

This is the first year where I am not going to automatically find fault in the receiver when Favre messes up.

RashanGary
09-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Thats some of it, but he had to work with Bill Schroeder in his past. Young, inexperienced, bad route runners, bad hands, Favre has worked with them all.

This is the first year where I am not going to automatically find fault in the receiver when Favre messes up.

Very true. JJ is going to screw up but I think Jennigns might be just as natural as a WR as Favre is as a QB. Rodgers seems to fit in just fine with all of them. Favre has relied on Driver for 2/3 years now and it seems like part of the problem is him not being willing to adjust to the new WR's he has. Maybe Favre is to the point where you can't teach an old dog new tricks. That's why I'm happy that Driver went down. It forced Favre to throw to Jennings and Jennings stepped up and made some nice plays as soon as he got the chance.

MJZiggy
09-03-2007, 11:22 AM

:bclap:

Have you seen his Wrangler jeans commercial yet? Oh...he's def looking very good as pre-season went on :wink:

Oh that's right. I don't get the tv commercials, but in the print ads for KMart (why KMart, Brett???) they advertise a contest for a free trip to GB to meet Favre and have dinner at the Steakhouse...(I think it starts tomorrow)

CaptainKickass
09-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Favre is ready to go.

The passes he was tossing early in the Tenn game, were not only incredibly fast, but incredibly accurate and perfectly timed.

Favre can't run like he used to, and heck, seems like even when he's had the chance to run for a couple yards to get a 1st or a TD, he is reluctant to take that.

But anyone who says he's lost anything on his fastball hasn't been paying attention.

My real concern with Favre is a strange feeling I got from watching an interview with him and his "frustration" with the young guys. I say he needs to forget about his age, and to some extent his expectations from playbook and just go out there and "PLAY". Favre built his legacy being the NFL version of a "backyard" football player, and now he wants to suddenly do it all by the book?

If he can re-acquaint himself with the meaning of the word "play" then there's no reason he can't find the "chemistry" he's looking for.

esoxx
09-03-2007, 01:23 PM
My assessment of Favre is he's a QB going on 38 and should in no way be expected to carry the offense. Given the precarious state of our running game it will greatly disappoint me if he is throwing 30-40 passes a game. That's insane.

PackerBlues
09-03-2007, 01:27 PM
My assessment of Favre is he's a QB going on 38 and should in no way be expected to carry the offense. Given the precarious state of our running game it will greatly disappoint me if he is throwing 30-40 passes a game. That's insane.

Not that he isn't capable of doing so, but I agree 100%