PDA

View Full Version : Fence Slogan Across from Lambeau

vince
09-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Hawk a favorite of Packers fence sloganeers

By Mike Hoeft
mhoeft@greenbaypressgazette.com

Linebacker A.J. Hawk appears to be an early favorite to ride the fence this year outside Lambeau Field.

Fence painter Chris Handler has received more than 600 entries so far for a new slogan to cheer on the Green Bay Packers this season. The deadline is Thursday. Handler plans to paint the new slogan on Saturday morning, the day before the Packers host the Philadelphia Eagles in the season opener.

“A lot of great e-mails,” Handler said Monday.

Some entries so far:

Lambeau is fifty! - Isn't it nifty?

Floats like a butterfly stings like a Hawk

Hawk'n D-Fence Packs a Bigby Punch

Packer Crunch: 1T Nick, 2T Popp, dash of AJ

Def: Put ‘em in a ‘Cheese Squeeze’

Hot Coles turn offense to ashes

Packers Hawk Will fly us Favre

Take the Bears to the Woodshed

Jumpin the Pickett to the playoffs

Hawk preys on quarterbacks

Brett to pass Favre beyond Marino record

Rodgers Raaron’ to be Packers future QB

Rodgers Raaron’ to go up in the ranks

Dar’yn to give O line the old Colledge try

Favre2Driver=Kamp-in AZ4Hawk flyover

McCarthy era drives Favre to Super Bowl

4 to 80 to XLII Need we say more?

Hard hits, no walk, not a train, just a Hawk

Snow, Ray-nor shine — Let’s go Pack!

Packer fans do More-n-sy just a game

The fence slogan tradition started in 1984 by the home's former owner, Steve Kraft. Family and friends painted on slogans until Kraft sold the Shadow Lane home in 2002. The home's new owner, Fred Harrsch, is a Packers fan and retiree from New Jersey. Harrsch and Handler usually decide the winning slogan.

Toby Kraft, Steve Kraft’s brother, said there were a few years the family did not have slogans on the fence.

“The Packers were not doing real well in the ‘80s,” Toby Kraft said. The very first saying on the fence in 1984 was "Welcome back, Forrest” for Forrest Gregg (lineman 1956, 1958-70 and coach 1984-87).

Handler said the prize for winning slogan this year is a male or female comfort bike donated by Chain Reaction Cycling & Fitness, 821 S. Huron Road, Green Bay, owned by Gary and Jim Galbraith. Handler also will paint a 12-by-12 room for the winner free of charge, including paint.

Some readers suggested that the bike be donated to a needy family or the Salvation Army. Others said they didn’t want recognition for themselves.

I kinda like the "Cheese Squeeze" for the D... 8-)

LL2
09-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I'll 2nd the Cheese Squeeze slogan.

gbgary
09-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I'll 2nd the Cheese Squeeze slogan.

dang......if i had to pick one from that lame list, that would be the one. :D

GBRulz
09-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Brett to pass Favre beyond Marino record is my fav!

LL2
09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Brett to pass Favre beyond Marino record is my fav!

Somehow that doesn't surprise me.

MadtownPacker
09-04-2007, 08:11 PM
How about...

The kicker better not be mason FGs. :oops:

BallHawk
09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
"Floats like a butterfly stings like a Hawk"

It works if you ignore the technicalities of the statement. :D

BallHawk
09-04-2007, 08:17 PM
How about...

The kicker better not be mason FGs. :oops:

http://msn101.com/content/emoticons/Puke_SKTM8E.gif

MJZiggy
09-04-2007, 08:18 PM
That little guy needs to go to the Emoticons thread. I've been looking for a decent barf for the longest time...

RashanGary
09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Snap, Crackle, Poppinga; the sounds of the 07 Packers D-Fence

Joemailman
09-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Favre Is Da Bomb. Talk About It At Packerrats.com

RashanGary
09-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Eagles fans hate Favre. If you go to the Eagles forum at footballfuture.com, they are talking about how they are going to kill us and how Favre is washed up. I intend on giving them a few words if we win. If we lose, I'll stop by and say good game but if we win, I'm going to rub their noses in it becuase they are getting a little too cocky for their own good.

MasonCrosby
09-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Eagles fans hate Favre. If you go to the Eagles forum at footballfuture.com, they are talking about how they are going to kill us and how Favre is washed up. I intend on giving them a few words if we win. If we lose, I'll stop by and say good game but if we win, I'm going to rub their noses in it becuase they are getting a little too cocky for their own good.

just ignore them. they have always been that way and always will be that way. i know from experience, i've lived with piles of them. they are angry, jealous fans that want nothing but to taste the glory that Green Bay has had. The supreme irony is watching their team tank and then watching the fans tear them apart.

What they say about Green Bay is nothing compared to the sheer hatred they have for Dallas.

edit: But if you must say something, say something classy like, "Start eating and living healthier because you might have to live another 75 years to watch the Eagles have a couple more chances to blow another Super Bowl."

RashanGary
09-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the backround on the Philly fans. I think I'm going to say something like this after we win, "OMG, you guys really do suck. Your team is just bad. WOW. . . . Dallas is going to tear you up and run circles around your crappy division. All I can say, to put in words how bad you guys are is WOW. . . I'm really at a loss for words. The Eagles just suck"

How is that :)

RashanGary
09-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Then every time they talk I'm going to mention that we have rookies and 2nd year players starting at half of our positions and recall whatever plays that they looked the worst on and mention that a bunch of rookies and undrafted FA's just kicked their asses.

I've dealt with trolls here, I want a turn :) They seem deserving.

the_idle_threat
09-05-2007, 04:57 AM

It's only because they wish they had a quarterback who could finish a season.

(*knock on wood*)

MasonCrosby
09-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the backround on the Philly fans. I think I'm going to say something like this after we win, "OMG, you guys really do suck. Your team is just bad. WOW. . . . Dallas is going to tear you up and run circles around your crappy division. All I can say, to put in words how bad you guys are is WOW. . . I'm really at a loss for words. The Eagles just suck"

How is that :)

sounds pretty good. be ready for a torrent of 4th and 26 comments though, it's probably their favorite Packer insult. But the diversion to Dallas is great because then they'll think of TO and how much they hate him...

Him8123
09-05-2007, 06:05 AM
yea I lived in Philly and they are the most sour, angry, obnoxious, pissed off fans. Why?? Cause they haven`t won anything in any sport they have, football, baseball, basketball, or hockey in over 20 something years. They love their team when their winning and hate em when their losing. I lived there when the sixers went to the finals against the lakers. Thousands of people lined up at stores to buy sixers shit. Couple people were interviewed on the news about it and said "I`ve never followed the sixers, but when they started winning all these games and got excited and started following"
typical Philly fans. Piss poor fans, the worst brutal ever.....

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Ted Thompson is a Moron. Read About It At PackerRats.com

MadtownPacker
09-05-2007, 11:48 AM

Harlan Huckleby is lonely. Talk To Him About It At PackerRats.com

SkinBasket
09-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Harlan Huckleby is lonely. Talk To Him About It At PackerRats.com

WINNER.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Damn right I'm lonely. You say you're gonna call, I wait by the phone - nothing. No IM. No email It's like I don't exist any more. :cry:

gbgary
09-05-2007, 07:02 PM
http://www.f150online.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

Brainerd
09-09-2007, 02:04 AM
And the winner is "Hawk eyes his prey – Victory not Favre away".

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070908/PKR01/70908054/1058/PKRFeatures

esoxx
09-09-2007, 02:07 AM
At least it had nothing to do with cheese.