PDA

View Full Version : Mcnabb talking about facing Favre & Greenbays D

Him8123
09-05-2007, 03:07 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/includes/iframes/multimedia_video.asp?mm_file_id=4258&is_home=y&play_clip=y

Brainerd
09-05-2007, 03:31 PM
When asked what the biggest difference between himself and Favre he smugly answers, "interceptions"? I guess the mvp's, td's, wins by a QB, never missing a game, not punking out like a little bitch in the superbowl must have slipped his mind.

What a poor excuse for a man. The Eagles deserve him.

fan4life
09-05-2007, 03:49 PM
When asked what the biggest difference between himself and Favre he smugly answers, "interceptions"? I guess the mvp's, td's, wins by a QB, never missing a game, not punking out like a little bitch in the superbowl must have slipped his mind.

What a poor excuse for a man. The Eagles deserve him. Couldn't have said it better myself.

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 03:57 PM
It was just a joke. He's not trashing Brett or anything.

GoPackGo
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM

Easy cowboy. It wasn't even a smug look. McNabb was serious. He answered, "Interceptions? there's just some throw that you just don't make."
Obviously Mcnabb feels Brett makes some throws that he shouldn't. I'm a Brett Favre fan and I think Brett makes some throws he shouldn't. It sounded like constructive criticism from a peer to me.

Scott Campbell
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
When asked what the biggest difference between himself and Favre he smugly answers, "interceptions"?

"Durability" would have been a better answer.

Him8123
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Mcnabb has never liked Favre, he said that Favre should keep his nose out of Javon walkers business when that whole thing went down. He has never acknowledged Favre for any good ever as you can see he danced around the issue in the interview never giving him credit, only pointing out the negative. I think it might come from maybe Andy Reid having coached Favre maybe bragging about him, or when T.O. said that the Eagles would have been undefeated if they had Favre. Whatever it is Mcnabb hates Favre and it shows. Maybe it`s jealousy, but its definitely evident. Philly has rubbed off on him for their hatred. But whatever Mcnabb is an asshole and I hope Hawk catches him and breaks his hip.

FritzDontBlitz
09-05-2007, 05:02 PM
mcnabb doesnt play against favre. he plays against the defense.

he better start worrying about them....

]{ilr]3
09-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Easy cowboy. It wasn't even a smug look. McNabb was serious. He answered, "Interceptions? there's just some throw that you just don't make."
Obviously Mcnabb feels Brett makes some throws that he shouldn't. I'm a Brett Favre fan and I think Brett makes some throws he shouldn't. It sounded like constructive criticism from a peer to me.

Contructive criticism is something you give in person, not to a bunch of media mongrels looking for a story

Freak Out
09-05-2007, 05:11 PM
It was a little dig....the D needs to keep him on his back and we'll be ok.

Packnut
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
McNabb is pretty much a pussy just like T.O. said......

sepporepi
09-05-2007, 05:41 PM
"Durability" would have been a better answer.

Exactly the one word which camo to my mind immediatly after I read the question.

mraynrand
09-05-2007, 05:44 PM
But whatever Mcnabb is an asshole and I hope Hawk catches him and breaks his hip.

Gotta like the pure unadaulterated hatred.

BTW, who is 'Bixby'?

PackerBlues
09-05-2007, 05:54 PM
During the Walker fiasco, McNobb tells the press that its none of Favres business, and yet he himself spoke out to the media about Favre. McNobb is a bitch, and always has been. 10 years from now, Favre will be known as one of, if not the greatest QB to play the game. If McNobb is remembered at all ten years from now, it will be as a frequentily injured half ass QB and nothing more.

GBRulz
09-05-2007, 06:21 PM
he might be remembered for doing a Chunky Soup commercial...that's about all I can think of !

MasonCrosby
09-05-2007, 06:23 PM
he might be remembered for doing a Chunky Soup commercial...that's about all I can think of !

the alleged super bowl vomiting episode...

packinpatland
09-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Funny thing, I remember his mom more than I remember him!

The Shadow
09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Funny thing, I remember his mom more than I remember him!

That should be a great punchline for use in almost any situation!

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I can't fucking believe he said that. What a classless piece of shit. This is probably Favre's last meeting with this asshole, so I hope to god we crash his bitch ass and he throws a ton of picks. I really hope Brett throws at least 3TDs with ZERO picks and that loser has the opposite.

Deputy Nutz
09-05-2007, 07:25 PM
I hope someone decides to let AJ and company in on his little dig. I have a feeling that Packer players would lay down in traffic to protect Favre, and AJ has a mean streak a mile wide, I wouldn't mind the defense and going out and trying to dislodge a McRib or two.

rpiotr01
09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
He's just miserable because he's in the prime of his career and his bosses just hired his replacement

MadtownPacker
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
He's just miserable because he's in the prime of his career and his bosses just hired his replacementThat right! Favre has battled off several "replacements"of his own. Let's see if McPuker can do the same.

I bet Reid always you to tell him how he needed to do this like Brett and throw like Brett and be tough like Brett and he hates that SOB Brett. :lol:

GrnBay007
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/mini-foc03.jpg

Partial
09-05-2007, 10:50 PM
McNabb is a much better player than Favre right now. Are you guys kidding me? He has a shot at the hall of fame some day despite missing a lot of games.

LEWCWA
09-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Yeeeaaahhh! Dog Pile! Its like a lion defending her cub!

MadtownPacker
09-06-2007, 01:45 AM
McNabb is a much better player than Favre right now. Are you guys kidding me? He has a shot at the hall of fame some day despite missing a lot of games.Terrible post.

When he can't even find it in himself to finish out a SUPERBOWL winning drive in the 4th quarter then he cannot even be compared!! Your hero would need to at least play every game the last two seasons before you could say he was better then Favre. How many has he played anyways? Look that number up and then explain how he is better cuz last I checked you can't help your team on IR.

CaliforniaCheez
09-06-2007, 02:18 AM
He thinks that Bigby is the weakness in the defense to attack.

They will try to confuse him with play action pass etc.

I bet they try what has become known as a "Flea Flicker."

He did not say much nice about Collins.

He expects Hawk to blitz on occaision.

Jenkins concerns him.

PackerBlues
09-06-2007, 06:20 AM
I hope someone decides to let AJ and company in on his little dig. I have a feeling that Packer players would lay down in traffic to protect Favre, and AJ has a mean streak a mile wide, I wouldn't mind the defense and going out and trying to dislodge a McRib or two.

heh heh....... Now your talkin!!!!! :twisted:

Hawk (and hopefully Jenkins and Kampman),can help bring back the McNobb that I remember. With flak jacket and all. :satan: Honestly, has their ever been a more fragile QB than McNobb?

MadtownPacker
09-06-2007, 07:30 AM
He did not say much nice about Collins.So what did he say about him?

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
McNabb is a much better player than Favre right now. Are you guys kidding me? He has a shot at the hall of fame some day despite missing a lot of games.

That’s not even the issue. He disrespected Favre, and in sense the whole team. I hope we sack his ass 10 times next game. And maybe he is a LITTLE bit better than Favre right now, but I can guarantee you that when McNabb is 38 he will not even be as near as good as Favre is at 38.

mmmdk
09-06-2007, 08:19 AM
McNabb owns the Packers - God I hate that - I want this win badly.

Partial
09-06-2007, 10:30 AM
McNabb is a much better player than Favre right now. Are you guys kidding me? He has a shot at the hall of fame some day despite missing a lot of games.Terrible post.

When he can't even find it in himself to finish out a SUPERBOWL winning drive in the 4th quarter then he cannot even be compared!! Your hero would need to at least play every game the last two seasons before you could say he was better then Favre. How many has he played anyways? Look that number up and then explain how he is better cuz last I checked you can't help your team on IR.

Right now he is the better player. Not historically. Since 2004 he has been a better player, though. He hit his prime and Favre started slipping.

He lost a superbowl, so did Favre. He won't make the hall if he doesn't win one. We'll see if he does.

I'm not ripping on Favre's accomplishments. He is one of the best ever. McNabb is one of the best in the game right now.

Partial
09-06-2007, 10:31 AM

That’s not even the issue. He disrespected Favre, and in sense the whole team. I hope we sack his ass 10 times next game. And maybe he is a LITTLE bit better than Favre right now, but I can guarantee you that when McNabb is 38 he will not even be as near as good as Favre is at 38.

Right, I agree with that completely. I don't think he insulted Favre or the team, though. I was making a statement at all the people going rah rah rah grumble grumble mcnabb sucks.

Deputy Nutz
09-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I really want to know how you think McNabb is one of the best in the game right now? When he is playing he is a very good QB that has not been surrounded by a lot of talent. His ability to create is exceptional but it is also what leads to all his injuries.

He even got canned as the Chunky Soup guy. I mean really.

McNabb like all running Qbs have given the Packers fits over the years because the Packers have never had three quality linebackers that can run at the same time. Most teams will put a linebacker in position to either cover the running back or tight end in coverage, or come up and try to stop the qb from running. When you have the instincts like Hawk, and the speed of Barnett, and the heart of Popping(reaching on this one but only thing I could come up with) then running out of the pocket and up field to make a play doesn't seem as easy or comfortable as possible.

McNabb is a choke ass, three NFC Championship games the Eagles lost and McNabb was horrible in all three.

Owens played him like a little bitch and all he could do was sniffle at the microphone

Joemailman
09-06-2007, 11:09 AM

That could make a great commercial. Kampman and Hawk enjoying a McRib Sandwich.

PackerBlues
09-06-2007, 01:58 PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

the_idle_threat
09-06-2007, 02:19 PM
^^^^ Ummmmm .... No.

Merlin
09-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Right now he is the better player. Not historically. Since 2004 he has been a better player, though. He hit his prime and Favre started slipping.

He lost a superbowl, so did Favre. He won't make the hall if he doesn't win one. We'll see if he does.

I'm not ripping on Favre's accomplishments. He is one of the best ever. McNabb is one of the best in the game right now.

Not like I ever disagree with you Partial. But don't you actually have to play the game to be better then someone? The only thing McNabb has ever done better then Favre is to run. That includes today. Favre still has the better and the better decision making. McNabb looked real good with T.O. but who wouldn't with that caliber of a WR? McNabb is a good QB but to say he is the better player today is wrong. The better player is the one who plays the game, not the one who is injured all the time. If you don't think those injuries will affect his game then you are mistaken. McNabb will make the hall of fame because he is a black QB who went to the super bowl. He doesn't have the career stats to warrant an entry right now. I have no problem with him in the hall, just the reasoning will be all about race and that's bs.

swede
09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
This is usually about the time that Patler weighs in with statistics that prove the "McNabb is one of the best playing the game" argument to be false or true.

But lately he's been trying to make us do are own dirty stat work it seems and swede is better with words than numbers.

I think of McNabb as dangerous but not dominant and certainly not very reliable or consistent.

I think Green Bay fans are both loathe to praise McNabb and perhaps secretly thinking that McNabb is better than he is on the basis of one infamous playoff game.

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Maybe McNabb is better at rehab as he's had so much more experience at it...but perhaps I need to mention that he didn't win that infamous game, we lost it. He just happened to be the beneficiary of a screwup in the secondary...

swede
09-07-2007, 12:06 PM
No, Zig, I blame that one on the stink of fear that was on our team when the HC failed to ice that game on 4th and 1.

The feeling of momentum shift was palpable.

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Either way we gave it to him rather than him taking it.

Merlin
09-07-2007, 02:51 PM
I can't give McNabb the 4th and 26 game. He was on the run and chucked the ball down field. Any other QB in the NFL would have done the same. There have been other games though where he has just torched us with his legs. Fortunately for us, he is probably not as agile anymore after all of the serious injuries he has sustained. I would still rather have Favre who has thrown a football in just about every awkward way that there is for completions. Favre definitely lacks proper mechanics!

woodbuck27
09-07-2007, 03:57 PM

Yup.

When it comes to protecting the ball few are better that Donovan McNabb.

Brett Favre must be patient and not try to win it on the strength of his arm.
MM has to set the game plan to not place it all on Brett as well or we are going to get creamed on TO's.

We don't matchup well against the Eagles. To win this game the game plan has to be set to play within what we have as positives and they arn't many.

Scott Campbell
09-07-2007, 04:41 PM
The feeling of momentum shift was palpable.

Both the game momentum, and Sherman's tenure.