PDA

View Full Version : We Are Prisco's Upset Special

Packnut
09-05-2007, 07:40 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks

Brainerd
09-05-2007, 07:56 PM
The fan prediction poll disagrees with Prisco. Its currently 81% Philly and 19% Green Bay. :shock: I guess some of us should vote.

Bretsky
09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
The fan prediction poll disagrees with Prisco. Its currently 81% Philly and 19% Green Bay. :shock: I guess some of us should vote.

Where are the kool aide homers to run up the votes ? Are there enough ?

Rastak
09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Isn't Prisco generally considered an idiot here? I also thought he was extremely anti Green Bay the last couple of years. Maybe I'm mistaking him with someone else.

Bretsky
09-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Isn't Prisco generally considered an idiot here? I also thought he was extremely anti Green Bay the last couple of years. Maybe I'm mistaking him with someone else.

They are all idiots if they don't agree with us :glug: :cow:

Rastak
09-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Here's is Prisco's last year upset special.....

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=3349&highlight=prisco

I just checked Sportsline for some reason and clicked on Prisco' Picks...

Quote:

Packers - 21
Bears - 17

The Bears have a dominant defense, which will be a tough task for Brett Favre and his offense. But does Chicago have enough on offense to win on the road the opening week? We think not. Upset special

Upset special. Honestly, why do people keep slipping up? Packers are huge favorites..

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/prisco/picks

packers11
09-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I think the bigger upset he is picking is the Denver vs buffalo game...
I don't see how Buffalo walks away with a win in that game...

Its unfortunate that the vikings and lions both get easy games... Because if the packers lose, the division could look very awkward with the Lions/Vikings on top...

(There is no way the bears pull of a Win against San Diego)

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:05 PM
6 "experts" voted for each game on CBS.

3 for the Pack, 3 for the Eagles.

We will see in about 90 hours.

Rastak
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM

We will see in about 80 hours.

Football will be here soon! Hell, there's a kick ass game tomorrow.

Bretsky
09-05-2007, 08:06 PM

I'll be there to hopefully bring home a win

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:07 PM

Who ya got in that one?

I've got Colts. Think it'll be a shootout, but Manning should carve up the Saints' secondary.

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:07 PM

What was your record in bringing home wins last year?

MadtownPacker
09-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Damn, this thread was reading good until Troll-lite here threw that in.

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:10 PM

It's true, though. Packer fans opinions of writers generally go with what that writer's opinion is.

Rastak
09-05-2007, 08:12 PM

Who ya got in that one?

I've got Colts. Think it'll be a shootout, but Manning should carve up the Saints' secondary.

Colts.

Brainerd
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM

Where are the kool aide homers to run up the votes ? Are there enough ?

I'm certainly not a kool-aid homer and I think the Packers can beat the Eagles. Its not so much that we've improved a great deal as the Eagles have fallen off a bit. But, they still have Westbrook for the O and Johnson as DC and we have, well, we have Favre and Driver and lots of prospects, and oh well, Sanders as DC.

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Apparently I can't see other people's picks in the Pick 'em league. Must be for strategic reasons.

How many points you got on the Colts?

Rastak
09-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Apparently I can't see other people's picks in the Pick 'em league. Must be for strategic reasons.

How many points you got on the Colts?

Sorry, proprietary information. :)

Let's just say more than zero.

MadtownPacker
09-05-2007, 08:18 PM

It's true, though. Packer fans opinions of writers generally go with what that writer's opinion is.I bet all fans are like that, ask Rastak. I just dont like that he had the Packers as his upset special last season. Hopefully he gets it right this year. I really wouldn't consider this game much of a upset anyway.

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't really like Prisco.

He's the Glenn Beck of sports journalism.

Rastak
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM

It's true, though. Packer fans opinions of writers generally go with what that writer's opinion is.I bet all fans are like that, ask Rastak. I just dont like that he had the Packers as his upset special last season. Hopefully he gets it right this year. I really wouldn't consider this game much of a upset anyway.

Actually I am a bit different. I all but got kicked off a Viking board because whenever some writer wrote something bad about the Vikings, the guy who ran the board would rail and rail what a bunch of jerks the media was. I'd always pipe up and he's get pissed. You have me a troll rat, this dude put my title next to my avatar as "defender of all media". Eventually I quit that board because the owener was such an ass.

MadtownPacker
09-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Actually I am a bit different. I all but got kicked off a Viking board because whenever some writer wrote something bad about the Vikings, the guy who ran the board would rail and rail what a bunch of jerks the media was. I'd always pipe up and he's get pissed. You have me a troll rat, this dude put my title next to my avatar as "defender of all media". Eventually I quit that board because the owener was such an ass.Well you can talk down on the vikings whenever you want man!!! :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Eventually I quit that board because the owener was such an ass.

Hope you don't bring those standards here. You're a finer poster, stay!

Bretsky
09-05-2007, 08:25 PM

What was your record in bringing home wins last year?

Not good; I was 1-2

Rastak
09-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Actually I am a bit different. I all but got kicked off a Viking board because whenever some writer wrote something bad about the Vikings, the guy who ran the board would rail and rail what a bunch of jerks the media was. I'd always pipe up and he's get pissed. You have me a troll rat, this dude put my title next to my avatar as "defender of all media". Eventually I quit that board because the owener was such an ass.Well you can talk down on the vikings whenever you want man!!! :lol:

I wasn't, I was arguing that just because a writer doesn't share your opinion doesn't make him an idiot by default, every damn time!

:D

superfan
09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
You have me a troll rat, this dude put my title next to my avatar as "defender of all media". Eventually I quit that board because the owener was such an ass.

"defender of all media" is actually pretty funny.

superfan
09-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Not good; I was 1-2

And the one win was only because HW and I were there to bail you out with our stellar Lambeau records. I'm losing track, but I think I'm 4-0 at Lambeau. Harvey is something like 11-2.

MJZiggy
09-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Not good; I was 1-2

And the one win was only because HW and I were there to bail you out with our stellar Lambeau records. I'm losing track, but I think I'm 4-0 at Lambeau. Harvey is something like 11-2.

Make sure you get a ticket to the Bears game...

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM

11-1

Only loss being to the eventual Super Bowl champions (Steelers) in 2005.

MadScientist
09-06-2007, 12:42 PM

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." --Mark Twain - 1907

Partial
09-06-2007, 05:06 PM
I really wouldn't consider this game much of a upset anyway.

Smart man. I agree on that notion.

Zool
09-06-2007, 08:04 PM
I wasn't, I was arguing that just because a writer doesn't share your opinion doesn't make him an idiot by default, every damn time!

:D

QFT