PDA

View Full Version : Madison, WI Fails to Impeach Bush

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Excuse the story of local interest, but I just find it too funny. The Madison City Council stayed-up all night arguing about an official declaration calling for Congress to impeach President BUsh.

At 4AM, they finally voted, but by then, too many people had gone home to bed.

I just find it laughable and inappropriate when local politians try to speak for their constituants on national issues. They weren't elected because of their wisdom on foreign policy.

Freak Out
09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Excuse the story of local interest, but I just find it too funny. The Madison City Council stayed-up all night arguing about an official declaration calling for Congress to impeach President BUsh.

At 4AM, they finally voted, but by then, too many people had gone home to bed.

I just find it laughable and inappropriate when local politians try to speak for their constituants on national issues. They weren't elected because of their wisdom on foreign policy.

I'm as anti Dubya as they come but have to agree with you...what a waste of time. Send a letter to your Congressman and try and force them to do the job you sent them to DC to do.

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Madison should really secede from the Union and make their own country.

Is there anything they do like about the current state of the world?

BallHawk
09-05-2007, 08:25 PM
On second thought, we need them around for the Badgers.

Let 'em stay.

Harlan Huckleby
09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
they could be the Fitchburg Badgers.

Never mind, more local crap. Fitchburg is this "city" next to Madison that is the size of Rhode Island and has 67 people. They invented it as a tax dodge, to prevent Madtown from expanding South. I hate Fitchburg and Fitchburgians. (only kidding). (sort of)

Joemailman
09-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Are there any Fitchburgians on this forum we need to be warned about?

Joemailman
09-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I guess if Madison didn't vote to impeach Bush, Ripon is out of the question.

Kiwon
09-05-2007, 11:10 PM
The Madison City Council stayed-up all night arguing about an official declaration calling for Congress to impeach President BUsh.

Liberal envy. San Francisco-lite.

sooner6600
09-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Madison:

An isthmus surrounded on all sides by reality.

That is what we called Madison when I went to college at Milton.

LL2
09-06-2007, 08:41 AM
I guess if Madison didn't vote to impeach Bush, Ripon is out of the question.

Gotta leave Ripon alone...they are the home of Ripon Good Cookies...yum, yum!

oregonpackfan
09-06-2007, 11:01 AM
C'mon, Madison is not that radical a city. I lived there for a year and enjoyed it. !

mraynrand
09-06-2007, 11:05 AM
At least the effort to impeach records for history the nature of those folks on the Madison City Council. It's important to know what you're dealing with. Bush has a lot to answer for - he started an illegal, immoral war against nice people, has slaughtered 400,000 to 25 million Iraqis, he caused Katrina and only provided 127 billion to help clean up, he caused global warming and denies it's existence, he only provided 5 billion/year in climate research while in office, he cut taxes ONLY for the super rich, he increased th federal deficit in a time of peace, he made the entire world hate us, when before he was president, we were beloved by the world, he cut off stem cell research funding and sentenced Christopher Reeves to death, he destroyed the Columbia Space Shuttle, and he allowed mercury trade-offs. Aren't these impeachable offenses?

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2007, 11:10 AM
uhhh, never mind. this thread somehow got mixed with another thread. I suspect foul play by Oregon.

oregonpackfan
09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
uhhh, never mind. this thread somehow got mixed with another thread. I suspect foul play by Oregon.

Who me? :o

Hey, Harlan. Even if I wanted to, I lack the technological skills to do any serious hacking. :shock:

LL2
09-06-2007, 01:05 PM
At least the effort to impeach records for history the nature of those folks on the Madison City Council. It's important to know what you're dealing with. Bush has a lot to answer for - he started an illegal, immoral war against nice people, has slaughtered 400,000 to 25 million Iraqis, he caused Katrina and only provided 127 billion to help clean up, he caused global warming and denies it's existence, he only provided 5 billion/year in climate research while in office, he cut taxes ONLY for the super rich, he increased th federal deficit in a time of peace, he made the entire world hate us, when before he was president, we were beloved by the world, he cut off stem cell research funding and sentenced Christopher Reeves to death, he destroyed the Columbia Space Shuttle, and he allowed mercury trade-offs. Aren't these impeachable offenses?

In writing this you call yourself a conservative rat? Wait until Merlin sees this...he will probably say your math doesn't add up.

Merlin
09-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Math doesn't add up? I didn't think sarcasm needed adding...

the_idle_threat
09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Sad thing is ... they probably passed the motion with room to spare, and only lacked proper quorum.

Hilarious pseudo-rant, btw, mraynrand. :lol: