View Full Version : looks like we got a future replacement for Favre afterall

Him8123
09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Dylan Favre looks like his uncle in romp over Irish
Throws for 428 yards and six touchdowns « Back

by By AL JONES
Source: SUNHERALD.com

Sep. 3, 2007

BAY ST. LOUIS --It was billed as a future rivalry game when St. Patrick's played St. Stanislaus Friday before a standing room only crowd at Brother Philip Memorial Stadium.

After all, the Fighting Irish were playing their first game since the combining of Mercy Cross High School and St. John after last season.

The first meeting, however, was no contest as Stanislaus rolled to an easy 47-6 win behind a record-setting performance from sophomore quarterback Dylan Favre.

Favre, the nephew of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre, set a regular-season game passing record with 428 yards and tied a regular season game record with six touchdown passes, three in the first and three more in the second.

Favre, making his first high school start in the Rocks no huddle offense, got a little extra motivation when his uncle sent a cell phone text before kickoff and listened to the game on the radio by Internet from his Green Bay home.

"He (Brett) told me to have fun, relax and play smart," Favre said. "But I didn't expect this."

The first half saw Favre complete 13 of 24 passes for 284 yards with scoring passes of 10, 41 and 19 yards as the Rocks took a 26-6 lead into the dressing room.

Favre got things going on the first possession of the game, driving the Rocks 78 yards in 10 plays capped off with a 10-yard touchdown pass to sophomore Boomer Scarborough.

After the Irish tied the game at 6 on a one-yard touchdown pass from Beau Underwood to Ashton Craft, Favre produced the play of the game with the Rocks facing a fourth-and-11 from the Irish 41.

With 1:40 left in the first quarter, Favre hit Scarborough on a quick slant for a 41-yard score and the Rocks were in command at 12-6 entering the second quarter.

St. Stanislaus stretched its lead to 19-6 on a 15-yard run by Collin Cannon before Favre came back with his third touchdown pass of the half, a 19-yarder to Chris Bermond with five minutes left in the half.

In that drive alone, Favre completed three of five passes for 50 yards as the Rocks marched 67 yards for the score.

"He (Favre) has a long way to go, I'm not ready to give him the Heisman Trophy," Rocks coach Casey Wittmann said. "He has a long way to go, but he has a lot of ability and that has a lot to do with his family."

The second half saw Favre complete 7 of 11 passes for 144 yards with scoring strikes of 8, 22 and 11 yards to tie the single game regular season touchdown record set by Lance Cuevas in 2004 and Paul Gravolet in 1968.

After the game, Irish coach Rocky Gaudin, who coached with Favre's grandfather, Irvin, at Hancock in the 1990s, was direct in terms of the loss.

A loss that saw the St. Stanislaus offense roll up 554 yards of total offense.

"We got physically whipped," he said. "They have a lot better team and program and we have a lot of work to become a better team and program.

"Dylan is a good 10th grade quarterback. Now that this is over, I can pull for him."

Dylan Favre St. Stanislaus quarterback

Him8123
09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
wouldnt that be cool to happen in GB, a second coming of Favre

Cheesehead Craig
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I hope it does happen. That would be frickin' funny as hell, especially if he has similar success.

MadtownPacker
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Ive always thought how it's too bad he didn't have a son. If #4 was a pitbull vick would have had a bunch of them. Who knows how that would work out though, Chris Simms seems like he has what it takes but it doesn't click.

Patler
09-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Sophmore in high school, 7 seasons to go to be a pro. Heck, Brett won't have retired yet when he is available! :lol: :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
09-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Sophmore in high school, 7 seasons to go to be a pro. Heck, Brett won't have retired yet when he is available! :lol: :lol:
:five: Well done Patler!

Charles Woodson
09-05-2007, 09:07 PM
I hope it does happen. That would be frickin' funny as hell, especially if he has similar success.

Yea, plus if he wears number 4 i wont have to buy a new jersey :P

oregonpackfan
09-05-2007, 10:52 PM

The Badgers have had success recruiting in the St. Louis area. If young Favre continues his improvement, maybe he could be a Badger during his college years!

MJZiggy
09-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Bay St. Louis is in Mississippi...

GrnBay007
09-05-2007, 11:14 PM

Greatest post of the year!!!! :clap: :cow: :clap:

Joemailman
09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
If he gets drafted by the Bears, does he have to change his name?

MJZiggy
09-05-2007, 11:20 PM

No, he must hold out and refuse to play until he's traded to the proper team...

GrnBay007
09-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Joe, I've never seen such an aggressive avatar by you. :shock: What happened to cute snoopy?

Joemailman
09-06-2007, 09:23 AM

Joe, I've never seen such an aggressive avatar by you. :shock: What happened to cute snoopy?

Just tried that one out but didn't like it. It's football season. Gotta go with Brett.

Badgepack
09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2007-09-19-favre-nephew_N.htm

Deputy Nutz
09-19-2007, 04:46 PM
just not Notre Dame, I don't think I can handle that. He better hope he grows about three more inches otherwise he will be a nice walk on at one of those big time universities. there is always Southern Miss.

4and12to12and4
09-19-2007, 05:18 PM

Greatest post of the year!!!! :clap: :cow: :clap:

:bclap:

That is hilarious. LMAO. Can you imagine that? Brett's nephew holding the clipboard for him? Priceless.

packinpatland
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Dylan has played a big role in unbeaten St. Stanislaus' 2007 success, emerging as South Mississippi's leading passer. Through three games he has completed 51 of 83 passes for 818 yards and 13 touchdown

3 games.....13 touchdowns!!! WOW!

4and12to12and4
09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Where the hell is St. Stanilaus?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Dylan has played a big role in unbeaten St. Stanislaus' 2007 success, emerging as South Mississippi's leading passer. Through three games he has completed 51 of 83 passes for 818 yards and 13 touchdown

3 games.....13 touchdowns!!! WOW!

No huddle offense. I'm sure the other team had no way of preparing for that. Not to mention that it puts a tremendous physical strain on the defense.

Brando19
09-19-2007, 06:20 PM

Yea, plus if he wears number 4 i wont have to buy a new jersey :P

Get out your wallet for another jersey....#4 will be retired!!!! 8-)

It would be so cool to see Brett's nephew land in Green Bay one day!