PDA

View Full Version : Twin Cities Crew

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2007, 03:36 PM
If anyone wants to get together for the Packer game at the Park Tavern this Sunday, I'll be there.

I called the manager and they have redone the 11th frame room where the Packer games are going to be shown. We actually have sound with them now! :jig:

He said that he is adding another big screen TV back there and about 30 more seats. It may not be perfect the first week, but it sounds like it's going to be better than last year.

I'll get there early to save some seats. Sound off if you'll be there.

Of course this all depends on if the game is broadcast over regular TV or not given the Vikings situation.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I could be talked into it. Actually, superfan and I trying to decide between Gabes (great atmosphere, but crowded and far from home), Sensors (great view of the game, but could have Vikings fans), Buffalo Tap (close to home), or driving to Hudson (best atmosphere, really long drive).

Zool
09-06-2007, 03:49 PM
I might be persuaded even, assuming my buddy isn't wasting his 56" LCD on the Vikes.

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2007, 04:04 PM
I could be talked into it. Actually, superfan and I trying to decide between Gabes (great atmosphere, but crowded and far from home), Sensors (great view of the game, but could have Vikings fans), Buffalo Tap (close to home), or driving to Hudson (best atmosphere, really long drive).
I'll definately be doing a Gabe's game this season, but won't be able to this Sunday. It involves skipping church and hanging out there about 30 minutes before the doors open to get a seat.

superfan
09-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I'd be fine with the Tavern, if that is what everyone else wants to do. Just wish their drink specials were a little more "special". $4 for a small plastic cup of Miller Lite isn't my idea of a great deal.

On the other hand, I've yet to find any great specials for the games at any area bar.

If only they had paint thinner on tap...

Rastak
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
If they Vikes weren't playing I would have stopped down, but I'll be at the game.

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2007, 07:39 PM
If they Vikes weren't playing I would have stopped down, but I'll be at the game.

You and 6 of your closest friends.
:wave:

Rastak
09-06-2007, 07:50 PM

You and 6 of your closest friends.
:wave:

Now was that called for? They sell 60,300 tickets and you need to make a smart assed comment like that. :wink:

GBRulz
09-06-2007, 07:51 PM
HAHAHA. Sorry Ras, but it was a good one :lol:

In about a month, I will be working in the River Falls / St. Croix area for 3-4 weeks. Maybe I can join u guys sometime. MPS, is like 30 min away I think

Rastak
09-06-2007, 07:53 PM

In about a month, I will be working in the River Falls / St. Croix area for 3-4 weeks. Maybe I can join u guys sometime. MPS, is like 30 min away I think

Sure, sounds like fun. Superfan and Harv.....maybe the old members Smirking Jack and No Mo.....

Deputy Nutz
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
I miss my life in Hudson Wisconsin. No kids, nice Condo overlooking a golf course. I was a college bum, and I was good at it.

superfan
09-06-2007, 09:31 PM

Meeting you in Hudson would make sense. Pretty close to River Falls, not too far for us.

Edit: Actually, in about a month we will be in GB for Packers/Bears.

:cow: :cow: :cow:

CaliforniaCheez
09-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Now was that called for? They sell 60,300 tickets and you need to make a smart assed comment like that.

92 % of the 65,000 capacity for opening day and high hopes for the new season. That with the vikings giving away 1100 tickets to charity and StubHub selling them for $3. E-bay winning bids are $8.

Every Green Bay game has been sold out since 1959.

The contrast brings out the humor.

Rastak
09-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Now was that called for? They sell 60,300 tickets and you need to make a smart assed comment like that.

92 % of the 65,000 capacity for opening day and high hopes for the new season. That with the vikings giving away 1100 tickets to charity and StubHub selling them for $3. E-bay winning bids are $8.

Yea, it's really funny. I can hardly wait to come back here and read more.

GBRulz
09-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Ras, just jump on the Packer bandwagon already! Then you don't have to ever worry about your fav team being blacked out :lol:

falco
09-07-2007, 06:35 AM
Ras, just jump on the Packer bandwagon already! Then you don't have to ever worry about your fav team being blacked out :lol:

Boy I dunno GB, which is better.......paying $3 for a ticket to see your favorite team, or having to wait a million years just to get season tickets.

Of course set aside the fact that you'd have to be a vikings fan

Scott Campbell
09-07-2007, 07:07 AM

Yea, it's really funny. I can hardly wait to come back here and read more.

It's almost like Apple had reduced the price of the iPhone to $3. Except they didn't give the regualar season ticket holders an iTunes voucher.

:lol:

Ok, I'm done.

Cheesehead Craig
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
I'll save a couple of seats now that the Viking game is going to be shown locally.

superfan
09-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I think we're still a "maybe" for the Park Tavern, Craig. Will post back when we know for sure.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2007, 10:11 PM
I think we are in for the Tavern.

Cheesehead Craig
09-09-2007, 12:14 AM
I think we are in for the Tavern.
Cool. I'll save 2 for you and superfan. I'll check in here after church and before I leave for PT if any others want to join in.

superfan
09-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Confirmed. We'll be at the Tavern.

MadtownPacker
09-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Just make sure you guys arer't tapping toes when you go to the can! :shock:

ahaha
09-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I'll be at the Tavern with a buddy.

Cheesehead Craig
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the fun time at PT guys!

There was about 100 Packer fans there and the atmosphere was great.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Craig had a bad feeling--up until that last ball went through the uprights. I think we got that fixed though. New year. New karma.

Cheesehead Craig
09-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Craig had a bad feeling--up until that last ball went through the uprights. I think we got that fixed though. New year. New karma.
True that. I was just waiting for the meltdown. It never came.

Cheesehead Craig
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Back at the PT this week.

Superfan and Harvey will be there signing autographs as well. Come one, come all! Should be another good turnout at the bar. About 100 fans were there and it was pretty loud at the end of the game.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
We'll be there again. It will probably be close to noon before either of can get there, so hopefully somebody can grab a decent-sized table.

Cheesehead Craig
09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
We'll be there again. It will probably be close to noon before either of can get there, so hopefully somebody can grab a decent-sized table.
I'll be there by 11:30. I'll keep us in the same locale as last week.

Rastak
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
If you guys made it Gabes, I'd most likely join ya......

Rastak
09-13-2007, 08:45 PM
In addition, we should hunt down Jack and No Mo....

Cheesehead Craig
09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
We'll be doing that some week for sure, just have to plan it out with the spouses and getting seats will involve missing church. Gotta build up the husband points for that one.

Rastak
09-14-2007, 04:17 AM
We'll be doing that some week for sure, just have to plan it out with the spouses and getting seats will involve missing church. Gotta build up the husband points for that one.

There isn't too many weeks I can make it. Vikes can't be playing at home or at the same time. This week they play late and on the road so I can make it.

Fritz
09-14-2007, 05:34 AM
So
Rastak, do they beat the mighty Lions this week? Interestingly, the fans here in Detroit are suddenly becoming cautiously optimistic after the Raiders win. The mantra is "it's not just that they won, it's the way they did it!"

Rastak
09-14-2007, 05:51 AM
So
Rastak, do they beat the mighty Lions this week? Interestingly, the fans here in Detroit are suddenly becoming cautiously optimistic after the Raiders win. The mantra is "it's not just that they won, it's the way they did it!"

I figure the odds be fifty-fifty. Detroit has themselves a decent offense. If the Vikings can run the ball like last week then I like their chances.

Fritz
09-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Ras, the Lions' defensive line looked good with Shaun Rogers in the middle. He's still fresh this early in the season and that could spell trouble. However, he does have this history of disappearing for stretches. Plus, you guys have a good left side of the o-line. Should be an entertaining game.

That and the Lions' o-line is still unproven.

Cheesehead Craig
09-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Back at the Park Tavern this week.

Given the Vikes are on at noon as well, the back room should be up and running for us. So Harv, I believe your drink specials will be back this week.

Zool
09-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Packers are on CBS this week.

PlantPage55
09-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Packers are on CBS this week.

Giggity, giggity, giggity, GOO!!!!

PlantPage55
09-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Oh, surprise....guess what? Even though the game is on CBS - apparently they WILL NOT play it!

God dammit! **** this state!!!

ahaha
09-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Unfu$%in' believable!!! Instead of playing the Packer game on CBS they're playing the afternoon game - Bengals at Seahawks. Who the hell makes these decisions? They must be a bitter and spiteful bunch of Viking fans.

Zool
09-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Please say you're joking. This is ridiculous.

HarveyWallbangers
09-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I don't blame them. Given the choice, why would CBS want to show a game while the Vikings are on FOX? For them, better to wait until the later game to get a bigger share.

Get used to it, fellas. Both teams play a ton of noon games this year.

Zool
09-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Guess I'm heading to the bar.

Cheesehead Craig
09-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Yep. The early part of the season is the worst. From Thanksgiving on, most of the Packer games should be shown on regular TV here in the Cities.

Partial
09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
So which of your cronies have actually met?

Anybody meet my boy Sean Kingston?

ahaha
10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Anyone going to the Park Tavern?

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 07:56 AM
For tonight's MNF game, anyone going to the Park Tavern? I don't have cable so it's the only way I can see the game.

HarveyWallbangers
10-29-2007, 09:35 AM
For tonight's MNF game, anyone going to the Park Tavern? I don't have cable so it's the only way I can see the game.

I have to talk to superfan, but we might be there.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 09:42 AM

I have to talk to superfan, but we might be there.
Word, let me know. I have a buy one get one free appetizer coupon. Now who can pass that up? :wink:

Carolina_Packer
10-29-2007, 09:53 AM
I waver back and forth with DirecTV and the Sunday Ticket. I live near Raleigh, NC, so typically that's my only shot to see my Packers if they are not on a national game. It's fun to go out for games, vs. sit at home and watch them. Plus, if you have young kids, it can be harder. I have been fortunate enough to find a place called Murphy's in Cary, NC. Totally a Packer bar. You show up and feel like you are somewhere in Wisconsin. They cover both pool tables and fill them both up with pizza, chicken wings, snacks, desserts, you name it, and they put out a donations jar instead of charging a cover. The owner is very cool, and I'm sure the Packer games are profitable for him. The other thing that warms my heart is hearing some of the Packer fans who come in, many of them transplants. I love to just listen to them talk and hear the accent. Makes me think of my relatives in the Janesville/Fort/Jefferson area!

Have fun getting together, you guys! I'll be at Murphy's for Monday night clapping and cheering at a large TV.

superfan
10-29-2007, 12:16 PM

Sorry Craig, but we got invited to a friend's house tonight and will be watching the game there.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Sorry Craig, but we got invited to a friend's house tonight and will be watching the game there.
Thanks Superfan. I figured it was a long shot that anyone would be going.

MadtownPacker
10-29-2007, 02:05 PM

Thanks Superfan. I figured it was a long shot that anyone would be going.To hell with those bitches, you can come watch the game at my pad.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 02:39 PM

Thanks Superfan. I figured it was a long shot that anyone would be going.To hell with those bitches, you can come watch the game at my pad.
Drive all the way to Madison to watch the game or go 2 miles away to a Packer bar? Hmmmm... Nothing personal Mad, but I'll stick local.

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM

How come I never get an invitation like that????

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Uh-oh; Craig has Mad in Madison. Boy, is he ever gonna get it.....

Tarlam!
10-29-2007, 03:20 PM
To hell with those bitches, you can come watch the game at my pad.

How come I never get an invitation like that????

We all took oathes in Green Bay, Ziggy, or else I could answer that one! :shock:

MJZiggy
10-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Then it's a good thing I didn't ask you, Dear...

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Harv and Superfan - too bad you didn't come to the PT. There were 2 Captain Morgan girls dressed like very naughty angels handing out free sample drinks and CM items. Is very nice! :jig:

superfan
10-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Harv and Superfan - too bad you didn't come to the PT. There were 2 Captain Morgan girls dressed like very naughty angels handing out free sample drinks and CM items. Is very nice! :jig:

I gave you my cell number. It's implied that you should call in those situations.

Cheesehead Craig
10-29-2007, 11:58 PM

I gave you my cell number. It's implied that you should call in those situations.
Gee... guess I forgot. More fun for me I guess. :twisted:

superfan
11-04-2007, 01:01 AM
I'll be at the Park Tavern for the Chiefs game.

Cheesehead Craig
11-13-2007, 09:32 AM
I'll be at the Park Tavern this Sunday for the Panthers game. The Vikes game is not sold out at this point, but I'll assume that the TV station will bail them out yet again this year. Plus, if the Vikes game is blacked out, I don't know if the Packer game will be shown instead given they are on different networks.

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Anybody else going to the Park Tavern? I have some friends going to Herkimers. I'm torn on where to go.
:D

HarveyWallbangers
01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
I'd like to watch the game at a Twin Cities Packers bar. I'm undefeated this year at a Twin Cities bar. Anybody else up for going to St. Louis Park Tavern or somewhere else?

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2008, 08:50 AM
I'll let you know Harv. Could be fun.

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2008, 09:44 AM
We're leaning towards another Packers bar. Superfan brought up a good point that the 11th frame probably won't be open--since the Vikings aren't on.

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2008, 10:17 AM
We're leaning towards another Packers bar. Superfan brought up a good point that the 11th frame probably won't be open--since the Vikings aren't on.
True. It really won't have that many Packer fans there either in all likelihood given the game is on regular TV. To get some seats at Gabe's would mean getting there about 1pm though.

superfan
01-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Gabe's gets my vote. That place is usually the most crowded when the game isn't televised locally, so I wouldn't expect it to be too crazy. I would think as long as someone is there before 3, we should be fine.

Rastak, want to get there early and hold a table? :)

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I've been to Gabe's when it's been packed--even though the game is on. I'm betting it's going to be a zoo tomorrow. I'm going to try to arrive by 2.

Cheesehead Craig
01-11-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm staying at home for this one guys. Enjoy Gabe's.

Rastak
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Gabe's gets my vote. That place is usually the most crowded when the game isn't televised locally, so I wouldn't expect it to be too crazy. I would think as long as someone is there before 3, we should be fine.

Rastak, want to get there early and hold a table? :)

I am close enough. I most likely can't, but if I get the chance I'll check this thread tomorrow and if it looks like you guys are still going I'd be glad to head down early and hold a table for you guys if I can.

Rastak
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
I've been to Gabe's when it's been packed--even though the game is on. I'm betting it's going to be a zoo tomorrow. I'm going to try to arrive by 2.

If I can lose this pounding headache I'll probably get there around 1 and grab a front row seat for you guys. Got the OK from the boss.

GBRulz
01-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I am going to be in Minni this Tues for work. Will anyone be at Gabe's then? :lol:

Rastak
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Ok, it's a go. I'll grab a table around one. Hopefully Harv is still stopping down at two....we'll have a beer and discuss the Vikings glorious season....LOL.

For what it's worth, I posted an invite to Smirking Jack and No Mo.

superfan
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice, Ras, we'll look for you. We'll be there around 2.

Rastak
01-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Nice, Ras, we'll look for you. We'll be there around 2.

Cool, looking forward to it. See ya there.

Green Bud Packer
01-12-2008, 12:51 PM
If you guys see Blacky at Gabes tell him his cousin Donny say's hi.

Rastak
01-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Outstanding time was had by Rastak. Thanks guys!

Superfan........Johnny Mize? A fine player......

Enjoy the win folks......

Guiness
01-12-2008, 09:16 PM
that's where you guys were, eh? Buncha bums, couldn't find a wireless connection and laptop to stop by and say hi in the game thread???

jk - sounds like you all had a good time

Cheesehead Craig
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
How was Gabe's? Any plans to go there this Sunday?

superfan
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Definitely - a hall of famer. Fun talking old time baseball.

I'm out of town this weekend. If anybody has any recommendations for Packer bars in Orlando, FL, I'd love to hear them.

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Is the game on this week in the Twin Cities? I'm assuming not.

Cheesehead Craig
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't think so. PT time?

HarveyWallbangers
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't think so. PT time?

I'm up for it. Superfan is bailing on me for the second week in a row.

Cheesehead Craig
09-10-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm going to try and get there about 11:30

superfan
09-12-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm up for it. Superfan is bailing on me for the second week in a row.

If we go 2-0, might need to keep that trend alive. :!:

ahaha
09-12-2008, 09:23 AM

Of course not. F@#ing Twin Cities TV makert!!!!!!! The Vikings must have a deal with the NFL where they have the power to decide which games are broadcast. Instead of airing Packers/Detroit, which would give FOX good ratings competing against the Vikes on CBS, they're showing the 3 o'clock game Seahawks/49ers. WTF?! Even fantasy football fans don't want to watch that game.
Oh well. Park Tavern is a good place to watch a Packer game. See some of you there.

Cheesehead Craig
09-12-2008, 09:32 AM

Of course not. F@#ing Twin Cities TV makert!!!!!!! The Vikings must have a deal with the NFL where they have the power to decide which games are broadcast. Instead of airing Packers/Detroit, which would give FOX good ratings competing against the Vikes on CBS, they're showing the 3 o'clock game Seahawks/49ers. WTF?! Even fantasy football fans don't want to watch that game.
Oh well. Park Tavern is a good place to watch a Packer game. See some of you there.
NFL TV rules in effect. There will never be a Packer and Viking game on at the same time in the Twin Cities. Vikings don't have a say in the matter. FOX would much rather get the ratings and cash of a Packer game than showing some stupid fishing show or whatever crap will be on.

But the good news is that I have a $5 coupon if we buy $25 worth of stuff at the PT. That's good for a 1/2 order of nachos.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Bump for Cheesehead Craig, dabootski, ahaha. Noon tomorrow. I'll probably be a few minutes late, CC, so save me a spot if you will.

Cheesehead Craig
09-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Bump for Cheesehead Craig, dabootski, ahaha. Noon tomorrow. I'll probably be a few minutes late, CC, so save me a spot if you will.
I'll be leaving shortly and will save 3 seats. The Favre jersey has been traded in for a brand spanking new AJ Hawk jersey. I feel more tough and muscular already.

Cheesehead Craig
09-26-2008, 12:45 PM
I plan on leaving for the PT shortly after getting home from church this Sunday. I am hoping to be there about 11:10 so that I can save a table for you guys this week. Last week was packed at 11:30.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-26-2008, 02:25 PM

Definitely - a hall of famer. Fun talking old time baseball.

I'm out of town this weekend. If anybody has any recommendations for Packer bars in Orlando, FL, I'd love to hear them.

Depends where you are. Are you in Orlando or really kissimme...or what section of orlando are you.

If you are close to downtown...when i lived there...5 years ago...central florida packer backers met at one of the 3 bars in the wall street Cantina.
www.wallstplaza.net ...still meeting at one eyed jacks.

They also met at Froggers www.froggers.com...i believe it is the conroy location..but, give them a call.

If you are in kissimmee....let me know..i'm racking my brain, but it is a bit slow.

No matter which bar you go to..if you are attending one where the centralfloridapackerbackers.com meet...you gotta be there at least an hour before kickoff...or you will be standing for a couple of hours.

Cheesehead Craig
09-27-2008, 05:56 PM
So, who's all going to be showing up at the PT tomorrow?

dabootski
09-27-2008, 06:13 PM

i'll be coming down with my regular crew. gotta love those cheap screwdrivers.

ahaha
09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
I'll be in Wisconsin, so don't bother saving me a seat.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2008, 09:14 PM

I'll be there. Right around noon again, so save me a seat.

superfan
09-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm saddled with the in-laws tomorrow and won't be able to watch the whole game. Might be able to manage the first half.

superfan
09-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Depends where you are. Are you in Orlando or really kissimme...or what section of orlando are you.

If you are close to downtown...when i lived there...5 years ago...central florida packer backers met at one of the 3 bars in the wall street Cantina.
www.wallstplaza.net ...still meeting at one eyed jacks.

They also met at Froggers www.froggers.com...i believe it is the conroy location..but, give them a call.

If you are in kissimmee....let me know..i'm racking my brain, but it is a bit slow.

No matter which bar you go to..if you are attending one where the centralfloridapackerbackers.com meet...you gotta be there at least an hour before kickoff...or you will be standing for a couple of hours.

Thanks for the feedback. This was an old post from last January, right before the NFC Championship game. Ended up watching the game in the hotel room by myself. Talk about depressing - both the game and the environment.

Cheesehead Craig
09-28-2008, 12:40 AM

I'll be there. Right around noon again, so save me a seat.
Gotcha. Sounds like just you and me. I think dabootski's got a crew of 4. I should be there shortly after 11am.

Cheesehead Craig
10-02-2008, 11:48 PM
The Vikes play on MNF so the Packer game will be on the local FOX broadcast. So I'm staying home to watch the game. Besides, I'm running the Twin Cities 10 Mile that morning and I'm going to just want to sit in my leather recliner after that.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Cheese,

All you MN vatos need to get a van and show up the Posters get together this weekend.

Cheesehead Craig
10-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Cheese,

All you MN vatos need to get a van and show up the Posters get together this weekend.
I think Harv is going to the game. I may show up next year though. I already committed to the race this year anyways and that happened to be the same weekend as the posters game. I'll make one eventually.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2008, 03:55 PM
11th frame at the St. Louis Park Tavern again this week?

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2008, 09:09 PM
I have a get together in Madison I'll be at this weekend. I'll be listening to the game in the car on the way back. It's been a while since I've listened to games on the radio and this will be the 2nd straight game. It's a nice change of pace and I love how our guys call the game.

superfan
10-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Should be able to make it there this week.

jmbarnes101
10-30-2008, 10:39 PM
So what's the plan? I believe I'm actually free this weekend and being as how I live in southern MN may be interested. Depends upon where it's at though. I don't want to have to drive to far north of 494.

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Park Tavern is in St. Louis Park. It's closer to 394 than 494, but it's not too far out of the way. A few of us will be there.

superfan
11-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Here is the Park Tavern website -

http://www.parktavern.net/

Several of us from this board will be there, and I expect at least 100 Packer fans in total will be there. It's a fun place to watch a Pack
game in the Twin Cities, separate room dedicated to the Packer game, much bigger than the room dedicated to the Viking game. :lol:

I'll wear a red Wisconsin Badger #5 jersey, that should be unique and easy to spot, if you want to try to meet up with us.

Cheesehead Craig
11-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm home this weekend for a change!

I'll be at the Park Tavern and I'll try and get there early enough to grab a decent table. I'll save 3 additional seats unless there's going to be some more there.

Also, I got a coupon for $5 if we run up a $25 bill. We be livin' the high life on Sunday! :jig:

HarveyWallbangers
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I'll be there.

dabootski
11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
i'll probably be in the house as well.

superfan
11-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I'll be there too, but not until 11:45 at the earliest. I got there at 11:30 for the Tennessee game and still barely found a place to sit - expecting the same tomorrow.

Cheesehead Craig
11-15-2008, 09:59 PM
I'll be there too, but not until 11:45 at the earliest. I got there at 11:30 for the Tennessee game and still barely found a place to sit - expecting the same tomorrow.
If all goes according to plan, I'll be there about 11:10 or 11:15.

Cheesehead Craig
11-24-2008, 01:23 PM
I'll be at the PT tonight for the game if anyone feels like heading out.

HarveyWallbangers
12-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Anybody going to Park Tavern for the game?

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Sorry Harv, kids have the Christmas program today at church and I had to help set up. Forgot to check this last night.

Cheesehead Craig
12-13-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll be at the PT around 11am this Sunday. So I should be able to get great seats for the game. Per TVGuide.com the game is not going to be shown here. Fox owns the rights and the Vikes play the late game on FOX so FOX won't show any game at the noon timeslot here.

Let me know who's going to show up.

HarveyWallbangers
12-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I might be there. I have relatives in town, so it's not a sure thing. Superfan is out.

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Going to the PT to watch the game. Anyone else?

HarveyWallbangers
12-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Going to Arizona's again.

Rastak
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM

Where is that?

Cheesehead Craig
12-22-2008, 04:31 PM

Where is that?
Down by Canterbury Park. Even though the waitress was hot and we got loads of Jello shots for free, I'm not driving that far.

superfan
12-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Down by Canterbury Park. Even though the waitress was hot and we got loads of Jello shots for free, I'm not driving that far.

Your bad. Despite the relatively low scoring affair and yet another excruciating loss (maybe this place is cursed?), managed several pitchers, a bloody mary, several jello shots, and a bowl of beer cheese soup for less than $20. Tough to beat that around here.

Cheesehead Craig
09-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Figured I should resurrect this thread. Pack plays the same time as the Vikes. Anyone going to Park Tavern?

superfan
09-16-2011, 11:10 PM
I'll be forced to watch the Vikings game while working the beer garden for my church's fall festival this Sunday. But my shift doesn't start until 1 PM and it's not far from the PT, so I might be able to join you for the first hour.

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2011, 01:18 AM
I will be there a little after noon. Want to save me a seat, Craig?

Superfan, DirecTv is giving me free Sunday Ticket after the move because I complained about new customers getting better deals than me.

Pugger
09-17-2011, 07:43 AM
My hubby and I will head over to a local bowling alley. One of their banquet rooms is full of TVs and only Packer fans are allowed to enter. :lol:

Fritz
09-17-2011, 09:14 AM
How do they test for Packer fannishness? Do you have to publicly profess loyalty?

Keep them trolls out!

Iron Mike
09-17-2011, 09:18 AM
How do they test for Packer fannishness? Do you have to publicly profess loyalty?

St. Vince comes and blesses the place....

http://media.gazettextra.com/img/photos/2011/01/20/21_xmas_st_vince2_t200.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM
My hubby and I will head over to a local bowling alley. One of their banquet rooms is full of TVs and only Packer fans are allowed to enter. :lol:

Is it the Park Tavern bowling alley? :)

smuggler
09-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow. This thread makes me sad to be a Florida Pack fan.... A bloo bloo bloo.

Cheesehead Craig
09-17-2011, 04:44 PM
I will be there a little after noon. Want to save me a seat, Craig?

Superfan, DirecTv is giving me free Sunday Ticket after the move because I complained about new customers getting better deals than me.
I'll save you a seat and even buy you a Grain Belt or two. See ya then!

pbmax
09-17-2011, 05:38 PM

Just replace the Orlando Zip code in this web address and search away.

http://www.packerseverywhere.com/app/venues/search/search=32897&radius=25

Pugger
09-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Is it the Park Tavern bowling alley? :)

:lol: No, its a place called All Star Lanes here in N. Fort Myers just a few miles from our house. We could go to Beef O'Brady's but the bowling alley has one of its banquet rooms set aside for Packer fans so we just take over the room and call it Lambeau South. :wink:

Pugger
09-17-2011, 05:42 PM

smuggler, go to packers.com and check out the link under Fan Zone and you'll find Packer Bars listed there by zip code.

http://www.packerseverywhere.com/app/#

HarveyWallbangers
09-18-2011, 10:01 AM
I'll be there around 12:30.

Cheesehead Craig
09-18-2011, 10:52 AM
I'll be there around 12:30.

Roger that!

Cheesehead Craig
11-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Any of my Twin Cities crew looking to get together at the Park Tavern for the game this Sunday? Not gonna be shown even though the Vikes play at 3:25 and the Pack are at noon. Given the Pack are playing an NFC team and both games are on FOX, the NFL won't allow the local broadcast of the Pack game.

Freak Out
11-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Do they show Packer games at the Happy Gnome?

Freak Out
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Do they show Packer games at the Happy Gnome?

Do they show Viking games at the Happy Gnome? :)

HarveyWallbangers
11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't know what Happy Gnome is. Craig, I missed this. superfan and I ended up meeting at Buffalo Tap.

Freak Out
11-06-2012, 02:09 AM
http://thehappygnome.com/

Rastak
11-11-2012, 04:28 PM
http://thehappygnome.com/

Likely not. Fantastic beer, shitty food menu unless you like super oddball stuff that most of us wouldn't eat.

Lurker64
11-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Likely not. Fantastic beer, shitty food menu unless you like super oddball stuff that most of us wouldn't eat.

You can get a burger made out of three different meats, what's there not to love?

Guiness
11-11-2012, 06:45 PM
You can get a burger made out of three different meats, what's there not to love?

Personally, I don't love horse. Or dog. Is that one of the three?

Lurker64
11-11-2012, 07:30 PM

You get beef (short ribs), duck, or bison. There's also a vegetable Jucy Lucy with a sriracha aioli.

Cheesehead Craig
11-13-2012, 11:44 AM
You get beef (short ribs), duck, or bison. There's also a vegetable Jucy Lucy with a sriracha aioli.

A vegetable Juicy Lucy? The place should be condemned just for that abomination.

Freak Out
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
It's about the beer boys...that's what impressed me. A Juicy Lucy....just Googled it...I love veggies but have to agree with Cheesehead on that one. Although I don't think I could handle one of the traditional variety either. :)

Freak Out
11-13-2012, 02:28 PM

I doubt you could tell the difference between a horse burger and a beef burger....but dog is a different story. I have had some good dog dishes in Korea.

sharpe1027
11-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Any place that has around 50 beers on tap and another 50 or so in bottles is OK by me. Order the Angus Cheeseburger or Meat Pizza. You can just pretend the rest of the menu does not exist while you begin making you way through each beer on the menu.