PDA

View Full Version : Packers' Jennings added to injury report

Badgepack
09-06-2007, 05:04 PM
JSONLINE
Packers' Jennings added to injury report
Already struggling with injuries at running back, the Green Bay Packers got some bad news on Thursday when wide receiver Greg Jennings left practice early with a hamstring injury.

It is not known how serious the injury is. Jennings was in the locker room in the period open to the media. He limped only slightly and had no bandages or wraps on the leg.

Sef0r
09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I hope no one thinks that James Jones and DD can do it on their own? They will do something, but without another threat at WR, the Eagles have even less to worry about.

BallHawk
09-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I hope no one thinks that James Jones and DD can do it on their own? They will do something, but without another threat at WR, the Eagles have even less to worry about.

Hello? Have you ever heard of Ruvell Martin?

:D

Packnut
09-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Jennings is turning into another china doll. :cry:

MJZiggy
09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Ok, I'm done with the rant that would have gotten this thread sent to the GC, he's listed as limited participation for practice, the same as everyone else on the list--let's see where they put him tomorrow...

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2007, 05:18 PM
The Packer offense is in TERRIBLE shape for opening day.

Driver, SPitz, Morency, Driver, Jennings, Jackson won't be 100%. That's most of the skill players.

Losing the CRITICAL third down back, Heron, in the last game is a bitch. Ya, he can be replaced, but out goes the chemistry for now.

This is a game that the Packers have to scrap for a way to win. Hopefully things will get better in a week or two.

Partial
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM

Because he left practice with a limp? They probably didn't want him to get hurt further going half speed against teammates going full-speed prior to the game. He'll be fine.

NFL players get hurt. A lot. Oh well.

Harlan Huckleby
09-06-2007, 05:21 PM

Because he left practice with a limp?

Ya, Jesus Christ, how quick fans are to make judgements.

Bretsky
09-06-2007, 05:32 PM

No :lol:

Sef0r
09-06-2007, 05:54 PM

I'll give you that...

gbpackfan
09-06-2007, 06:06 PM
No NFL player is 100% on game day. Jennings better man up and play on Sunday!

Rastak
09-06-2007, 07:33 PM

You ever hear of making a bad hammy worse? Might not be worth it.

Don't know how serious it is. Maybe they can tape it up.

gbpackfan
09-06-2007, 07:39 PM

You ever hear of being a PUSSY!?

Just kidding. :D I think you get my point though. Great players fight through injuries and manage to get on the field every Sunday. Jennings couldn't have better examples then #4 and #80.

Rastak
09-06-2007, 07:47 PM

You ever hear of being a PUSSY!?

Just kidding. :D I think you get my point though. Great players fight through injuries and manage to get on the field every Sunday. Jennings couldn't have better examples then #4 and #80.

Yea, but bad hammys and recievers can be a lingering thing. A RB and a WR can't play if it's bad. I do agree with the general thought though. If the doc says you can play, you most likely should.

Fritz
09-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm with Rastak. A bad hamstring made worse by playing is a recipe for a long, long season. If he can't go, then okay. Get him better for game two. Let's see what Martin and Holliday can do.

RIPackerFan
09-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Anyone think this may be due to the new injury reports required by the league.

I have a feeling that MM is a by the book kind of guy - any limitation in practice is reported.

The fact that Jennings was in the lockerroom with the media - with no wrap or getting any treatment - makes me think it was more of a little tweak that the coaching staff wanted to be safe than sorry.

Maybe last year, this would not have even been reported.

Brandon494
09-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I heard he still finished practice though. Also heard that Jackson, Morency, and Wynn split carries today.

retailguy
09-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I heard he still finished practice though. Also heard that Jackson, Morency, and Wynn split carries today.

Great! Each of them can tote the rock 7 times, and then we'll have about 35 yards rushing.

Brandon494
09-06-2007, 09:51 PM

Great! Each of them can tote the rock 7 times, and then we'll have about 35 yards rushing.

Thats the way to think postive!

pittstang5
09-06-2007, 09:52 PM

Sad thing is, you're probably right.

retailguy
09-06-2007, 09:55 PM

Thanks, I've been trying VERY hard.... :?

gbpackfan
09-06-2007, 11:29 PM

HA HA HA HA HA. That just hit me, I don't know why. You actually made me laugh out loud. :D

SkinBasket
09-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Losing the CRITICAL third down back, Heron, in the last game is a bitch. Ya, he can be replaced, but out goes the chemistry for now.

Very critical, if by critical you mean it's critical that we not pick up the first down.

Spaulding
09-07-2007, 08:05 AM

RG, you didn't mention any fumbles so your optimism is finally bubbling through. Not to mention 21 carries for 35 yards isn't too shabby as long as a couple of the years come from 1yd plunges :D

retailguy
09-07-2007, 09:27 AM

RG, you didn't mention any fumbles so your optimism is finally bubbling through. Not to mention 21 carries for 35 yards isn't too shabby as long as a couple of the years come from 1yd plunges :D

I knew someone would find some positives.... :P I'll be happy as long as those "1 yard plunges" you're talking about don't come on 3rd and 4.... :?

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 11:12 AM
First and goal at the one, RG...

Harlan Huckleby
09-07-2007, 11:33 AM

Very critical, if by critical you mean it's critical that we not pick up the first down.

you don't miss your water till your well runs dry.

the_idle_threat
09-07-2007, 02:48 PM

I knew someone would find some positives.... :P I'll be happy as long as those "1 yard plunges" you're talking about don't come on 3rd and 4.... :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

woodbuck27
09-07-2007, 04:32 PM

Nawwww 21 carries will give us in the neighborhood of a whopping 75 - 85 yards if what we saw in preseason games continues. The real problem as I see it now and again is our OL is hurting. We again have no experience at RB.

BLOCKING in the backfield for Favre will be essential as the OL isn't there.

The Philly 'D' against the run in 2006 allowed 136 yards and 12 TD's Vs our 'D' at 112 yards per game and 12 TD's.

That matchup only seems to favor us.

That stat is misleading in terms of the beginning of 2007 as we had a decent RB in 2006.

So what's left but the pass and again we are hurting with our WR's as it appears that Greg Jennings won't be 100% again.

So it will be DD and a rookie starting against a very tough 'D' Vs. the pass. The Eagles were 4th best in the NFC last season allowing only 192 yards per game and a measly 17 TD's passing. They made 19 picks.

We allowed 207 yards via the air,25 TD's and had 23 picks.

Ahhh 23 picks. . . so isn't that good for game one? NOPE !!

Flash!!!

We are playing against Donovan McNabb at QB. He defines protecting the ball.

woodbuck27
09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
First and goal at the one, RG...

Grumpy. . . :)

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 04:37 PM
That's not grumpy, it's positive thinking. If he keeps running one-yard plunges and they're always on first and goal at the one, I'd say that's a good thing...

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Ok, here's the deal. Jennings didn't practice today and is listed as questionable on the injury report, but Driver, Jackson and Grant fully participated and, of the three, only Grant is listed as questionable.

But now why is KAMPMAN on the list???????? :shock:

woodbuck27
09-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Ok, here's the deal. Jennings didn't practice today and is listed as questionable on the injury report, but Driver, Jackson and Grant fully participated and, of the three, only Grant is listed as questionable.

But now why is KAMPMAN on the list???????? :shock:

mj.

Please provide a link for this info. on injuries or is it classified. . . for certain eyes only?

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Public info, Buck, updated daily for your convenience

Injury List (http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/)

Packnut
09-09-2007, 11:39 AM

Because he left practice with a limp?

Ya, Jesus Christ, how quick fans are to make judgements.

Look's like my "judgement" was right. Football 101 says WR with hurt hammy more than likely ain't playing.

Packnut
09-09-2007, 11:42 AM

Because he left practice with a limp? They probably didn't want him to get hurt further going half speed against teammates going full-speed prior to the game. He'll be fine.

NFL players get hurt. A lot. Oh well.

Look's like he ain't fine today......... :P