PDA

View Full Version : Lambeau Mistique or Mistake?

Carolina_Packer
09-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I just hear on the the show formerly known as the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio that the Packers home record in the last 25 games is 10-15. Ouch!

We need to get home field advantage back at Lambeau. It's a must! Let's start this weekend by making some cheese steak out of Philly.

Him8123
09-07-2007, 02:04 PM
I`ve had to hear all day on espn radio from analysis, reporters, hosts, guests, everyone is picking philly, one guy said Mcnabb will win the head to head battle, and that he has more weapons than Favre. Am I naive or dillusional to think that we can very easliy win this game??? Not one credit has been thrown our way. None

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Am I naive or dillusional to think that we can very easliy win this game???

No, you're not. They are making a big fuss over the fact that McNabb is back and he can scramble yadda yadda yadda. He's on a totally reconstructed knee. I don't see him scrambling like he did before he blew it out and he hasn't come across this D yet. Maybe if he lands on his ass a few times, he'll understand.

vince
09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
SKip Wood of USA Today has the Packers as the Week 1's straight up LOCK OF THE WEEK.

Link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/usatoday-picks.htm)

Everyone else on the USA Today football staffers picked the Eagles though... :wink:

pittstang5
09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I`ve had to hear all day on espn radio from analysis, reporters, hosts, guests, everyone is picking philly, one guy said Mcnabb will win the head to head battle, and that he has more weapons than Favre. Am I naive or dillusional to think that we can very easliy win this game??? Not one credit has been thrown our way. None

Given all the injuries at the skill positions, how can you not be surprised that everyone is picking the Eagles to win. Jackson, Driver, Morency and now Jennings are not going to be 100%. Granted, most players never are, but we NEED these guys to be on there game in order to win.

The only shot I see in the Pack winning this game is from the defense. Not only do they have to shut down McNabb and Westbrook, they need to create turnovers....something McNabb doesn't do alot.

Him8123
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
thanks MJziggy, maybe I`m drinking koolaid, but as a packer loyalist, and in my heart I truely believe the Pack can win. They are being taken for granted because of the previous years. this is a different team, the D is a lot lot lot stronger and even if jennings and driver aren`t a 100% they are gonna play 100% come game day. the only thing that makes me nervous is Bjack with his recognization of the blitz pick up that the eagles can throw at him. And we all know that they know he`s green and are gonna test him.
I think we can pull it out, I believe in them, just hope I`m right.

Deputy Nutz
09-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Frick that it is a new season starting off at Lambeau and I expect a break out year for this team. What weapons besides Wesbrook does McNabb have? LJ Smith? Coming of injury, and he is a decent tight end but not a game breaker. He has two good tackles, but they are still linemen. Receivers are a bunch of guys that are good #3s in this league but starters? Break through type players? I think not. Westbrook is the best player on offense and he can hurt ya if your safety can't cover him ala Mark Roman.

woodbuck27
09-07-2007, 03:11 PM
SKip Wood of USA Today has the Packers as the Week 1's straight up LOCK OF THE WEEK.

Everyone else on the USA Today football staffers picked the Eagles though... :wink:

Yup and Skip also picked:

the Saints over the Colts only 2 0f 8 analysts went there,

and the Buc's over Seattle (0nly 1 of 8),

and the Giants over the Cowboys (only 1 of 8). :)

I won't bet on the Packers in this contest but they have two chances:

a) Favre has to be outstanding because he is the offense.

b) The Packer 'D' has to score points and contain Westbrook and McNabb.

That almost seems easy but the Eagles have excellent coaching and a very decent 9th ranked 'D' and the number 3 ranked OL in the NFL for both the run and pass.

McNabb is healthy entering this matchup and so is Westbrook. These are outstanding football players that two up trump anything we have on our 'O'.

I expect this game to be very intersting and close in the first half as our 'D' hangs us in there. Yet as happened in the last meeting. We'll get run over in the end by a superior football team.

We are just not in the same class as the Eagles as we lack too much on offense.

Zippo for a running game will kill us.

GrnBay007
09-07-2007, 03:16 PM

Vince, love your new Avatar!

oregonpackfan
09-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I just hear on the the show formerly known as the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio that the Packers home record in the last 25 games is 10-15. Ouch!

We need to get home field advantage back at Lambeau. It's a must! Let's start this weekend by making some cheese steak out of Philly.

Carolina,

I heard the same stat on ESPN radio whicle driving and almost had an accident. :shock: Teams used to unconsciously rack up an "L" when they walked onto the turf of Lambeau Field.

That advantage definitely has to be restored.

LL2
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
McCarthy will restore the roar and mystique! The old fashion meat and potatoes guy will get it done!

vince
09-07-2007, 05:18 PM

Vince, love your new Avatar!
Thanks 007. When I saw it, I thought I'd steal it for myself...

KYPack
09-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Vince,

Dubble OH said it first, but that avatar is a classic.

Don't you ever change, pal!

mraynrand
09-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Vince,

Isn't that County Stadium?

KYPack
09-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Vince,

Isn't that County Stadium?

Good eye, Annie.

I think we are playing the Lions.

You can see a piece of the infield on the left of the pic.