PDA

View Full Version : Why?

GrnBay007
09-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Why is it so hard to find good salsa?

And why are mother's letting their jr. high daughters go to movies with boys? My son got asked out tonight. :shock:

MJZiggy
09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
You should make your own salsa. I could send you some tomatoes...

BallHawk
09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
The Romper Room: Where all threads end up talking about politics or MJ's tomatoes.

oregonpackfan
09-07-2007, 03:59 PM
The Romper Room: Where all threads end up talking about politics or MJ's tomatoes.

I think MJ should bring some tomatoes to the PR gathering so we can judge them.

After sampling just a small piece of each tomato, we could throw the bunch at Bearman! Madtown is in charge of importing Bearman from Walla Walla and tying him to a Lambeau parking lot lamppost! :)

packinpatland
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM

I think MJ should bring some tomatoes to the PR gathering so we can judge them.

After sampling just a small piece of each tomato, we could throw the bunch at Bearman! Madtown is in charge of importing Bearman from Walla Walla and tying him to a Lambeau parking lot lamppost! :)

Poor MJ, she asked a simple question eons ago about surplus tomatoes..... :lol: I like the Bearman idea!

Isn't there some place that has a massive tomato mashing event?

I just tried Big Papi Salsa...................was very good. Still partial to Newman's. Neither, of course are the 'real deal'.

GoPackGo
09-07-2007, 04:14 PM

Its easy to make your own good salsa and/or guacamole.

I also like Arriba Fire-Roasted Salsas

http://www.ribafoods.com/images/products/chipotle_salsa.jpg

http://www.ribafoods.com/images/products/red_salsa.jpg

Joemailman
09-07-2007, 04:48 PM

Come to think of it, 007 is probably looking for salsa to feed to all the illegal aliens working for her. Yes those darn Mexicans that don't learn the language and steal American jobs.

Scott Campbell
Rojo's.

007, so what did you do with your son's request?

LL2
And why are mother's letting their jr. high daughters go to movies with boys? My son got asked out tonight. :shock:

Make sure they sit in the front at the theater. Never know what those two will do in the back of the theater.

the_idle_threat
09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I think he's gonna have to sneak out. :twisted:

packinpatland
09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
007............I never got past the salsa question.

About those jr high girls........I agree, what are their mothers thinking???? :lol:

You driving??

GrnBay007
09-07-2007, 07:02 PM

Its easy to make your own good salsa and/or guacamole.

I also like Arriba Fire-Roasted Salsas

http://www.ribafoods.com/images/products/chipotle_salsa.jpg

http://www.ribafoods.com/images/products/red_salsa.jpg

Got a recipe for the salsa Packface? The best I've ever had was homemade.....a guy at work brings in. He won't release his recipe. :roll:

GrnBay007
09-07-2007, 07:13 PM

He's at the movie right now. :(

He flipped when I jokingly called it a date. Says it's just a group of friends hanging out. Two girls and two boys. One of the girl's parents is driving them. I think it's kind of a birthday thing for her because her mom is buying for all of them.

oregonpackfan
09-07-2007, 07:47 PM
GrnBay007,

A group date sounds harmless enough though I too cringe at the thought of mid-schoolers feeling they have to be "teenagers" rather than children.

As a parent, I have to ask, "What is the movie they are going to see?" As you know, there a number of movies out there are not appropriate for mid-school aged kids to see.

My 13 year old knows(I can tell by her rolling her eyes) that when she asks to go to the movies the first thing my wife and I are going to ask is "What is the movie and how is it rated." :roll:

Though are kids seem irritated when we parents ask these questions, I think innately(believe it or not) they are grateful we are showing interest and guidance in their lives. 8-)

BallHawk
09-07-2007, 08:20 PM
$5 they pay to see a random movie and then sneak into Superbad. :whist:

LL2
09-08-2007, 09:18 AM
$5 they pay to see a random movie and then sneak into Superbad. :whist:

Been there done that as a kid...I'm going to cringe like 007 and Oregon someday. My kids are only 2 and under.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I tell the young boys that come sniffing around the house "I am not afraid of going back to prison".

Charles Woodson
09-08-2007, 09:31 AM

He's at the movie right now. :(

He flipped when I jokingly called it a date. Says it's just a group of friends hanging out. Two girls and two boys. One of the girl's parents is driving them. I think it's kind of a birthday thing for her because her mom is buying for all of them.
Just let him have his fun... Na but he'll be fine, you probly need to start worrying in a few years though 8th grade and up are where things happened (at least for me)

Bretsky
09-08-2007, 09:41 AM
You should make your own salsa. I could send you some tomatoes...

Salsa is cheap; who wants to make it ? Now if you can make some cost effective lobster or prime rib let me know.

BallHawk
09-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Just let him have his fun... Na but he'll be fine, you probly need to start worrying in a few years though 8th grade and up are where things happened (at least for me)

Keep in mind, though, you live in Miami, the skankiest city this side of the Mississippi.

I don't know, 007, it's probably just some girls that mentally feel more mature going out with boys, without their mom. At that age I doubt they have suspect motives in mind.

As they got older, you do have to keep an eye on them. America's kids are turning into such dickwads. It's how much Abercrombie you have, how revealing your clothes are, and which one of the rap "artists" you listen to. Not to mention how many comments you have on myspace. :roll:

Where the hell did the kids from the Brady Bunch go? I want those kids back. So what? Greg smoked. At least he didn't go around in his freakin' Honda Civic blasting out music about his bitches.

And these kids are our future?

We're f*cked.

MJZiggy
09-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Ok, grandpa Ballhawk...

B, the point is not that salsa is cheap, it's that homemade tastes better.

GrnBay007
09-08-2007, 01:06 PM
As they got older, you do have to keep an eye on them. America's kids are turning into such dickwads. It's how much Abercrombie you have, how revealing your clothes are, and which one of the rap "artists" you listen to. Not to mention how many comments you have on myspace. :roll:

The part about Abercrombie made me laugh. Biggest thing on his mind when he got home last night was the excitement over getting his football jersey today....lol

mraynrand
09-08-2007, 02:13 PM
I tell the young boys that come sniffing around the house "I am not afraid of going back to prison".

sniffing?

Charles Woodson
09-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Arent you supposed to be part of this generation?

BallHawk
09-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Arent you supposed to be part of this generation?

Depends which story who's story you believe. :wink:

GrnBay007
09-08-2007, 03:12 PM

The part about Abercrombie made me laugh. Biggest thing on his mind when he got home last night was the excitement over getting his football jersey today....lol

.......and the winner is.....he picked #80 :D Unfortunately they are Bears jerseys but his heart was in the right spot picking 80 for Driver.

Charles Woodson
09-08-2007, 03:16 PM

.......and the winner is.....he picked #80 :D Unfortunately they are Bears jerseys but his heart was in the right spot picking 80 for Driver.

well it may make for good fire wood in the winter

oregonpackfan
09-08-2007, 10:56 PM

See 007,

Take a deep breath and slowly breathe out. Your kid has his priorities in order! For now, the stench of a sweat-soaked jersey has more appeal to him than the perfumed aroma of an attractive girl. :)

Deputy Nutz
09-09-2007, 12:39 PM
The day a boy asks my girl out on the date, is the time I spend my first day in prison