PDA

View Full Version : flirting (more Larry Craig crap)

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2007, 11:00 AM
I think some people may have already suggested this before, but it just hit me: Larry Craig got arrested for flirting.

He didn't have sex in a public restroom. It's not at all clear that his intent was to do the dirty deed right there. How do we have laws that arrest people for tapping their toe?

And speaking of is-this-really-a-free-country, there was an article in the paper yesterday about efforts to make hip-hop baggy pants illegal.
http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/index.php?ntid=223423

I thought we were the land of the free and the home of the brave.

packinpatland
09-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Somewhere yesterday I read about a girl who was asked to change clothes before she boarded a plane...........her skirt was too short! :roll:

the_idle_threat
09-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Somewhere yesterday I read about a girl who was asked to change clothes before she boarded a plane...........her skirt was too short! :roll:

It was a front page story at yahoo.com. Chick was a hooters waitress. :lol:

MJZiggy
09-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Unless she's in an aisle seat with her legs apart, I'd say her skirt length is between her and the back of the seat in front of her 'cause no one else is gonna see it. She should sue.

They should also sue over the pants. It may look stupid as hell to older people, but it's the individual's right to wear 'em that way.

packinpatland
09-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Unless she's in an aisle seat with her legs apart, I'd say her skirt length is between her and the back of the seat in front of her 'cause no one else is gonna see it. She should sue.

They should also sue over the pants. It may look stupid as hell to older people, but it's the individual's right to wear 'em that way.

I'm a prude, and I thought she looked OK :roll:

Little Whiskey
09-08-2007, 11:43 AM

I guess they had her on the today show friday. Matt had her wear the same outfit. after she stood up to show the audience she sat down, but NBC had to blurr out her crotch. I guess it was to much for national tv.

packinpatland
09-08-2007, 11:56 AM
From that angle, any skirt isn't good. I remember thinking a few times, 'ouch, Katie, pull down the hem alittle' I didn't see the show, but they probably had her sitting in one of those darn director-type chairs.

And why hasn't anyone referenced Sharon Stone yet?? :lol:

No one on the plane was going to be sitting looking at this girl from the front, I haven't flown anywhere this past year, they haven't changed the seating plan have they? :?: :lol:

LL2
09-08-2007, 12:05 PM
From that angle, any skirt isn't good. I remember thinking a few times, 'ouch, Katie, pull down the hem alittle' I didn't see the show, but they probably had her sitting in one of those darn director-type chairs.

And why hasn't anyone referenced Sharon Stone yet?? :lol:

No one on the plane was going to be sitting looking at this girl from the front, I haven't flown anywhere this past year, they haven't changed the seating plan have they? :?: :lol:

No they haven't changed the seating but some perv guy might make a casual glance backwards and to see if she has flowers on her panties. I once was riding up an escalator at a mall and a chic about ten steps ahead of me was wearing a miniskirt...needless to see one glance and I could see she was wearing a thong...and see her entire ass. Maybe that made me a perv, but anyone on the escalator would've received the same view. In a way I could see the airlines position, but still think she should be allowed to wear what she wants.

MJZiggy
09-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Is it the airlines' business if she wants to show her panties to the rest of the people on the flight? Maybe there's a perv who wants a view, and if she doesn't want him to have it, then it's her job to be aware of what others can see...same with asses on escalators.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Why the hell are my flights so boring?

MJZiggy
09-08-2007, 12:26 PM
You've got seven wives. What do you need to see panties on airplanes for???

packinpatland
09-08-2007, 12:26 PM

Scott, you probably don't sit in 'steerage' with the common folk :lol:

Scott Campbell
09-08-2007, 12:32 PM

Scott, you probably don't in 'steerage' with the common folk :lol:

It was a Southwest flight, where all the seats are first class.

Zig,

She's smaller and probably smells better than the typical retired 300lb offensive linemen they squeeze me between these days.

GrnBay007
09-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Is it the airlines' business if she wants to show her panties to the rest of the people on the flight?

Would you appreciate it if the airline made it their business if you were on a flight with your child and a man got on the plane with a very short skirt and at times his speedo-like undies were showing......and he sat next to your kid?

Badgepack
09-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm heading to the mall to ride the escalators. Catch ya later

MJZiggy
09-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Is it the airlines' business if she wants to show her panties to the rest of the people on the flight?

Would you appreciate it if the airline made it their business if you were on a flight with your child and a man got on the plane with a very short skirt and at times his speedo-like undies were showing......and he sat next to your kid?

You mean like this guy?

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/mjziggy/IMG_0814xs.jpg

I would assume that the social mores in this country would have the man stared at and laughed at until he went and put on a longer kilt long before he ever got on the flight and if he didn't he'd be sitting next to me not my son (and would have to put up with my snickering and my kid asking him where his pants are through the whole flight--it would be the last time he chose to fly that way...).

the_idle_threat
09-08-2007, 01:41 PM
:jack:

Underdressed Passenger or Overreacting Airline?
Young Woman's Outfit Raises Eyebrows, Ire of Southwest Flight Attendant

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Travel/story?id=3571435&page=1

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/abc_southwest_070907_ms.jpg

By DAVID SCHOETZ
Sept. 7, 2007

Her outfit aboard a Southwest Airlines plane two months ago first earned her a flight attendant's reprimand and now has sparked a decency debate that may result in a lawsuit.

Kyla Ebbert, a blond, shapely 23-year-old San Diego coed who also works shifts at a Hooters restaurant, boarded the flight to Tucson, Ariz., on a one-day round-trip visit to an Arizona doctor's appointment. She had settled into her seat when a flight attendant confronted her about what was later described by the airline as "revealing attire."

Ebbert's so-called objectionable attire included a white, tight-fitting shirt, a green cropped sweater, and a white denim skirt cut high on her thighs.

Ebbert appeared on NBC's "The Today Show" today wearing the same outfit and said that she was asked by a male flight attendant to come to the front of the plane by the door to the jetway. There, Ebbert said that she was told she would have to catch a later flight because she was showing too much skin and Southwest is a "family" airline.

Ebbert said she told the flight attendant she needed to remain on that flight so could make her doctor's appointment and that because she was on a day trip, she had not packed any luggage from which she could take clothes to change.

The flight attendant, she said, suggested that she go to a gift shop to buy clothes. She offered to pull the top of her sweater tight over her breasts and her skirt down as far as possible, a compromise that was accepted.

Southwest Stands by Wardrobe Adjustment

The airline does not dispute the confrontation, but stands by its decision to "adjust" her outfit.

"Southwest Airlines was responding to a concern about Ms. Ebbert's revealing attire on the flight that day," the airline said in a statement. "As a compromise, we asked her to adjust her clothing to be a little less revealing. She complied and traveled as scheduled.

"Fortunately, as an airline that carries approximately 96 million customers a year, these situations are extremely rare."

Though she accepted the compromise, Ebbert said she was left embarrassed by the situation, which she said played out in front of fellow passengers -- so embarrassed she requested a blanket to cover herself for the flight.

"I was humiliated, I was embarrassed," Ebbert said on "The Today Show." "I felt like everyone was staring."

Her mother, Michele Ebbert, who appeared with the young woman on "The Today Show" along with an attorney representing the family, wrote the airline a letter after her daughter told her about the episode and sent her a camera phone picture of her outfit.

"Her outfit is fine," Michele Ebbert said. "She looks like every other college girl in San Diego."

Ebbert claims that a Southwest Airlines flight attendant on her return trip later that day complimented her on the very same outfit that almost got her thrown off the earlier flight.

At first, Ebbert said, she just wanted an apology. She never got it, and now she's considering a lawsuit.

First of all ... butter face. I find myself checking for an Adam's apple.

Second of all ... Lawsuit???

On what grounds? Because her feelings were hurt?

Ridiculous.

I think the outfit was fine and they didn't need to bother her about it, but it's no basis for a friggin' lawsuit. It's basis for her to take her business elsewhere if she chooses.

It's a sad commentary on our society that every time a person gets inconvenienced, they think they can sue.

oregonpackfan
09-08-2007, 11:03 PM

I'm a prude, and I thought she looked OK :roll:

PIP,

I agree with you. I saw her picture on the internet and I sure was not offended. Yes, she is a very attractive young woman and the hemline is a little high but the hemline is high on many young women.

Are the airport screeners going to do "appropriate clothing" checks along with security checks? :?:

esoxx
09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
I once was riding up an escalator at a mall and a chic about ten steps ahead of me was wearing a miniskirt...needless to see one glance and I could see she was wearing a thong...and see her entire ass. Maybe that made me a perv

No, that just makes you a typical guy.

If she didn't want guys looking at her ass riding an escalator, then don't wear a miniskirt and ride the escalator.

What, we shouldn't notice? Excuse me for living.

Freak Out
09-09-2007, 12:31 AM
:jack: Re-Jack back to the Larry Craig sheit.
I think the cops did the right thing just in the wrong way...if all he was doing was tapping his toes in some secret gay boy morse code trying to get some other pole smokers attention that is one thing but he was staring through the cracks in the stall doors checking guys out and being a perv in a public place. Should he have been arrested? Fuck no...give him a warning and send him on his way. Who's running this show? Stalin?

Freak Out
09-09-2007, 12:37 AM
...and whats up with the prude sky bitch that denied the Hooters wench a seat she paid for? Ok...she is dressed a little slutty..so what? It's not her job to be the fashion/morals cop for the passengers..it is supposed to be safety and service. I'd much rather stare at her rack for a couple of hours then a freaking burka. Hell..she wasn't even showing cleavage.

mraynrand
09-09-2007, 07:34 AM
go easy on the Hooters chick - she may be Craig's next date.

Little Whiskey
09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
see if she has flowers on her panties.

maybe that was also part of the problem. she might have gone the spears route

what if a guy has a shirt that says I blow up planes for fun. should he change?

MJZiggy
09-09-2007, 02:18 PM
see if she has flowers on her panties.

maybe that was also part of the problem. she might have gone the spears route

what if a guy has a shirt that says I blow up planes for fun. should he change?

He'd be arrested at security. They don't like humor there evidently...

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I think he's probably gay. But I really don't care, and that's not a crime.

This seems pretty weak. I think the police in MN need to hold themselves to a little higher standard.

From the other thread.

Scott Campbell
09-09-2007, 06:52 PM
dp

Harlan Huckleby
09-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I think he's probably gay. But I really don't care, and that's not a crime.

This seems pretty weak. I think the police in MN need to hold themselves to a little higher standard.

This thread is confusing the hell out of me. Are you suggesting the police should have verified that LArry Craig had flowered panties before taking action?

There's the law. And then there's what the cops do. I'm thinking the law is unreasonable. I think the law should specify moanin, groanin, jumpin, pumpin, bodily fluids exchangin before the police are authorized to make an arrest.