PDA

View Full Version : How was Michigan even ranked 4 to start

pack4to84
09-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Oregon is crushing Michigan 32-7 at the half. How could the coaches and computer even have Michigan ranked at all to start the season. There playing at Michigan so this would be 0-2 at home.

Carolina_Packer
09-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Lloyd Carr might get fired before the game is over.

BallHawk
09-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Henne out for the game.

This could get even more ugly.

KYPack
09-08-2007, 04:49 PM
They had a ton of top players.

It's a coaching problem and will get fixed.

Carr has lost it and may well be fired early, just so they can get some momentum for '08 recruiting.

BallHawk
09-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Hart's hurt.

If I were a Michigan fan, I wouldn't be very happy.

digitaldean
09-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Ducks are killing U of M 32-7.

OPF, you must be enjoying yourself to no end!!

Was wondering if another spread offense would kick Michigan's arse.

Bulldog, come back off the roof!!

Cheesehead Craig
09-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Carr has gotta be fired after this one. There's no way they let this go on any longer.

Michigan has just looked lost out there. Their opponents smell blood in the water and are not just looking to tee off on MI as they are very weak for the first time in a while.

What if MI is so bad that they don't even win 7 games and be bowl eligible? Just wow.

pack4to84
09-08-2007, 05:25 PM
what a stiff arm by Oregon RB

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2007, 06:09 PM
When the Badgers play Michigan, the challenge for Beliema will be to keep the Badgers from looking past the Wolverines.

I went to school at UW when the Badgers would loose to UM 59-0, 48-7. This is great.

outflow
09-08-2007, 06:22 PM
The media and tradition.

Big programs sell newspapers and bring in viewers. There is the answer, pretty simple.

Lurker64
09-08-2007, 06:33 PM
The media and tradition.

Big programs sell newspapers and bring in viewers. There is the answer, pretty simple.

I was going to go with "clerical error" but that works too.

Freak Out
09-08-2007, 07:08 PM

Dean hit the nail on the head. The well run spread offense just kill this Michigan team and Oregon's is better than App States.

b bulldog
09-08-2007, 07:59 PM
As a UM fan I am disgusted and relieved. The play of this team at this time is very disgusting. With players such as Manningham,Henne,Hart,Long and the other bluechippers, they are clearly underachieving. It is clear that they have quit and that a change at the top is needed but the relieving thing is that now the change will come, thank God for that!! No more Carr :D :D That is a good thing for UM but a bad thing for the Big ten.

esoxx
09-08-2007, 11:26 PM
As a UM fan I am disgusted and relieved. The play of this team at this time is very disgusting. With players such as Manningham,Henne,Hart,Long and the other bluechippers, they are clearly underachieving. It is clear that they have quit

Wow, so they've already quit by Sept 8. That's quite a program you have there to want to quit so easily. I don't buy it.

Maybe they just aren't really that good this year.

ND72
09-08-2007, 11:34 PM
Michigan had the most preseason all american players than any college in the country. They seriously should have been undefeated with as many top players they have. They also have the most #1 former ranked players coming out of high school (#1 by position) starting for them this year than any other team in the country. Lloyd Carr has to be on the oven.

esoxx
09-08-2007, 11:38 PM
I just think it's really easy just to blame the coach. That's an easy excuse and so clean.

Maybe all these All-Americans just quit b/c their coach sucks so bad. :roll:

oregonpackfan
09-08-2007, 11:42 PM

I am amazed! :shock: If you recall, I thought the Ducks were going into a hornet's nest after the Wolverine's humiliating upset last week!

Furthermore, I will be the first to admit the Ducks really aren't that good. Last week, the Ducks' defense gave up over 300 yards rushing. Michigan historically is a strong rushing team. I feared they would literally run through and all over Oregon!

Many preseason pollsters predicted Oregon would finish 5th or 6th place in the Pac-10. If Michigan loses to both a Division I-AA team and a mid-level Pac-10 team at home on consecutive weeks, they have fallen to an unprecedented low! :shock:

MadtownPacker
09-08-2007, 11:56 PM
The big school cookie is starting to crumble year by year. Soon enough big school will want to play city colleges so they can make sure they get a W.

Anyone catch that Fresno St/Texas A&M game that went into triple OT?

esoxx
09-09-2007, 12:11 AM
The big school cookie is starting to crumble year by year. Soon enough big school will want to play city colleges so they can make sure they get a W.

Great game.

What is Fresno State's motto?

Anytime, anywhere.

I respect their program and think Pat Hill is top notch.

You better bring your lunch pail when you play the Bulldogs.

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Um is awful but from what I've seen, UW is also overrated or maybe the Big Ten is once again overrated! Anyone who thinks that a team who is thougth to be a BCS contender who struggles against UNLV is crazy. LSU's second stringers would torch UW.

Bretsky
09-09-2007, 07:05 AM
Each team has off games Bulld, and they often fall on the road

UW really misses their best DE, Jamal Cooper, who has been suspended for the year

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 07:10 AM
I agree but I'll stick with my assertion about UW and last weeks game even though they won by 21 should cracks in that D. They are nowhere near LSU and USC but they are much better than my favorite team :lol: They are overrated but um must be the most overrated team ever! :cry:

mraynrand
09-09-2007, 07:33 AM
http://www.seomoz.org/images/upload/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Packnut
09-09-2007, 09:20 AM
It's gotta suck big-time to be a Michigan fan right now. Laughing-stock of the football world.

b bulldog
09-09-2007, 09:40 AM
That might be being kind :oops:

MadtownPacker
09-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Great game.

Anytime, anywhere.

Yup, Coach Hill had said if teams wont come play them at home the they will go to them. They always seem to make it interesting.

I just wish theygot to play Michigan!! :lol:

BallHawk
09-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I just wish theygot to play Michigan!! :lol:

Who doesn't want to play Michigan? :D

oregonpackfan
09-09-2007, 11:07 AM

Great game.

Anytime, anywhere.

The Oregon Ducks play Fresno State next week. It will be interesting to see if the Ducks have a letdown after the big win against Michigan.

Fresno State is almost ALWAYS a tough team to play. Pat Hill is one tough, blue-collar, type of coach who consistently gets the most out of his players.

Lurker64
09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Michigan fans should at least feel all right that they're going to win next week's game. They're weakness is defense and Notre Dame is lucky if they can get 200 yards of total offense in a game this year.

VegasPackFan
09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
As a big Ohio State fan, I am all for Carr getting a few more chances.....

b bulldog
10-13-2007, 06:07 PM
How was the UW ever ranked 5th in the nation :oops: :lol: They got beat by a team that lost to a team that lost to App St. :P :P

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 06:51 PM
How many people thought our defense would be this bad?

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 06:51 PM
BTW, fantastic game going on between Kentucky and LSU.

BF4MVP
10-13-2007, 06:52 PM
How was the UW ever ranked 5th in the nation :oops:
I'll never know. They're bad...

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 06:57 PM
TD Kentucky in the 3rd OT.

:jack:

BallHawk
10-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Kentucky stops LSU on 4th and 2.

Kentucky wins 43-37.

What a game.

b bulldog
10-13-2007, 07:04 PM
LSU just lost. I don't think Flynn is a very good QB.

esoxx
10-13-2007, 11:23 PM
How was the UW ever ranked 5th in the nation :oops: :lol: They got beat by a team that lost to a team that lost to App St. :P :P

And yet they didn't lose directly to a Div-AA team, or whatever they're called nowadays, on their home field no less. Upset for the ages.

This is the wrong year for you to talk any shit about Wisconsin.

Michigan will wear that loss like a scarlet letter for years to come. :lol:

Enjoy.

esoxx
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh wait, it was all Lloyd Carr's fault they lost to App St. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was probably all Lloyd Carr's fault that they rebounded too? Probably not.

oregonpackfan
10-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Oregon State just beat Cal! Will the surprise upsets never end? :shock:

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 09:42 AM
esoxx you make some fine points but Bucky is just a bad team at the moment. Carr is much of the reason why UM wasn't prepared for the start of the season and is very responsible for the lack of any team speed on defense. Carr, much like Alvarez, has always lost to teams that they had no business losing too. Carr is an average at best, bigtime school coach. For your sake Esoxx, I hope UW can find a D cause as of now, UM is playing better than UW and in the end, all that matters is where you finish :lol:

RashanGary
10-14-2007, 10:50 AM
esoxx you make some fine points but Bucky is just a bad team at the moment. Carr is much of the reason why UM wasn't prepared for the start of the season and is very responsible for the lack of any team speed on defense. Carr, much like Alvarez, has always lost to teams that they had no business losing too. Carr is an average at best, bigtime school coach. For your sake Esoxx, I hope UW can find a D cause as of now, UM is playing better than UW and in the end, all that matters is where you finish :lol:

It's not all Carr's fault. I've heard some stories about Henne being a little bit more into partying and random sex than he should have been this off season. Michigan has a little attitude about them that allows them to think they have it all wrapped up. This part is not Carrs fault, it's the whole programs personality.

KYPack
10-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Kentucky stops LSU on 4th and 2.

Kentucky wins 43-37.

What a game.

This whole state is electric. They can't get over beating the #1 team in the country. I watch UK football out of the corner of my eye. Yesterday, I was watching the Badgers, but quit that one.

The UK game was absolutely riveting. Had my godson over for dinner & both of us got in trouble with the women. We couldn't get to the table.

UK football reminds me of being a Packer fan in the 70's. Rabid fans, sell out the stadium, play hard and lose. They got their reward after years of suffering last nite.

There's nothing like going to Keeneland (the horse track in Lexington) in the afternoon and catching a UK football game at night at Commonwealth Stadium. It's a party, lemme tell ya!

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 10:57 AM
It is never 100% to be blamed on one person. Carr has demonstrated his lack of anything but conservative, playing not to lose play on O. You UW fans just want him to stay at UM so they can continue to falter. In regards to attitude, Ohio St, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, Michigan ect all have attitudes because all of these universities are what college ball is all about. 8-)

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
It is never 100% to be blamed on one person. Carr has demonstrated his lack of anything but conservative, playing not to lose play on O. You UW fans just want him to stay at UM so they can continue to falter. In regards to attitude, Ohio St, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, Michigan ect all have attitudes because all of these universities are what college ball is all about. 8-)

You will rot in hell for you're statements. By the way, why do the Badgers go from 5th in the nation by losing to Illinois all the way to 19th, and USC gets beat by a worse ranked opponent (Stanford) and only falls to 10th. It's all bullshit. They just want USC and Ohio State and the other shithole colleges you named to be in the Championship chase. The whole thing is all politics and is worthless.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM

You will rot in hell for you're statements. By the way, why do the Badgers go from 5th in the nation by losing to Illinois all the way to 19th, and USC gets beat by a worse ranked opponent (Stanford) and only falls to 10th. It's all bullshit. They just want USC and Ohio State and the other shithole colleges you named to be in the Championship chase. The whole thing is all politics and is worthless.

You figured that out? I like watching College football but it is a joke until there is a better way to seed teams and a have a playoff.

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
It's just like in Nascar. Matt Kenseth gets almost NO press ever, and is always right in the top five or ten almost every race, but he's not a pretty boy like Jimmy Johnson or Gordon, and he's not an asshole and protagoniser like Stewart, so he goes unrecognized. Politics and theatrics. If Donald Driver did stupid shit like Chad Johnson, he would've been in four pro bowls by now.

Rastak
10-14-2007, 05:17 PM
It's just like in Nascar. Matt Kenseth gets almost NO press ever, and is always right in the top five or ten almost every race, but he's not a pretty boy like Jimmy Johnson or Gordon, and he's not an asshole and protagoniser like Stewart, so he goes unrecognized. Politics and theatrics. If Donald Driver did stupid shit like Chad Johnson, he would've been in four pro bowls by now.

What's NASCAR? :wink:

4and12to12and4
10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Rastak, you've really gotta be stoked today. Can you even believe your Vikings beat the Mighty Bears? I can't believe how good Peterson looks. It's scary if he stays healthy. Damn I wish we would've traded up with you guys. I didn't think he was gonna be that good. I thought he was going to be average at best. It's weird how hard it is to judge RB's from the college level to the Pro's. I thought Benson was much better than him coming out of college. Peterson looks like the next coming of ... hmm ... his style is somewhat unique, he can cut, has amazing speed, is hard to tackle, is strong as an ox, he has no weaknesses, although I don't know how good a receiver and blocker he is. But then, who cares?

Rastak
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Rastak, you've really gotta be stoked today. Can you even believe your Vikings beat the Mighty Bears? I can't believe how good Peterson looks. It's scary if he stays healthy. Damn I wish we would've traded up with you guys. I didn't think he was gonna be that good. I thought he was going to be average at best. It's weird how hard it is to judge RB's from the college level to the Pro's. I thought Benson was much better than him coming out of college. Peterson looks like the next coming of ... hmm ... his style is somewhat unique, he can cut, has amazing speed, is hard to tackle, is strong as an ox, he has no weaknesses, although I don't know how good a receiver and blocker he is. But then, who cares?

Yea, I'm stoked. Guy went from High School to Big 8 and rushed for 2000 yards. I see why now.

b bulldog
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
The Badgers were way overranked at 5, plain and simple. When your squeaking out ins against patsies but your still winning while practically everyone else is losing, that is what happened. Bucky will or should end up about 20-25 at years end. They easily could be winless in the Big Ten at the moment if the Iowa WR doesn't trip over the blade og grass at the end of the game and if MSU doesn't rough Donovan and than implode. I thought UW would win the conference because of their D but it looks as though they probably won't play on January 1st because of their D. One more thing, college football is as much about $$ as the NFL but it also has more politics involved.