PDA

View Full Version : Any Other Degenerate Gamblers Around Besides Me?

Packnut
09-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, I'm tearing up college ball so far. Have turned $500 into $2000. I guess now I'll give some back today. :lol:

Going with Denver and Houston today. The Broncos laying 3 might be the best there will be all season long.

Laying the 6.5 with SD too in the late game. Don't know if my hatred of the Bears is pushing me on this one......

Rastak
09-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Well, I'm tearing up college ball so far. Have turned $500 into $2000. I guess now I'll give some back today. :lol:

Going with Denver and Houston today. The Broncos laying 3 might be the best there will be all season long.

Laying the 6.5 with SD too in the late game. Don't know if my hatred of the Bears is pushing me on this one......

Bet on a game ONCE in Vegas.....I have zero interest in laying out money on a game...it would ruin the fun. Fantasy Football is bad enough.....I'd rather go play poker....

Packnut
09-09-2007, 09:01 AM

Bet on a game ONCE in Vegas.....I have zero interest in laying out money on a game...it would ruin the fun. Fantasy Football is bad enough.....I'd rather go play poker....

Yes, gambling very bad, hence the term "degenerate". :oops:

Rastak
09-09-2007, 09:06 AM
I would guess if you bet on the Packers and they win your highs are even higher, life is great but if they lose it would be like a swift kick in the nuts....

again, I'd rather be more even keeled........

Packnut
09-09-2007, 09:10 AM
I would guess if you bet on the Packers and they win your highs are even higher, life is great but if they lose it would be like a swift kick in the nuts....

again, I'd rather be more even keeled........

Every experienced gambler knows to never never never bet on his team. I do violate that once in a great while, but as a rule I stay away from betting on the Pack.

RashanGary
09-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I dropped $100 on the over of 7.5 wins for the Pack. I know you shouldn't bet on your own but I think I know the Packers are/were underrated this year.

Packnut
09-09-2007, 09:16 AM
I dropped $100 on the over of 7.5 wins for the Pack. I know you shouldn't bet on your own but I think I know the Packers are/were underrated this year.

Yeah, I almost did the same bet, but I always have this thought in my head that I'll jinx the Pack if I bet on them. I sure hope you win that one. Good luck!

RashanGary
09-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I also got a bonus 10 and I threw that on the Packers winning the division. If the Packers win 8 or more, I get 120 and if they win the division, I get 175.

If I win, I'm going to start a little gambling jar and then I'll have some money to bet with next year on just random games like what you are doing.

I'm going to keep very good records of what I've spent and won. If I every find myself down by over $200, I'm out. I feel like I follow the NFL pretty closely. I think I can win money. If not, I'll just give up.

Packnut
09-09-2007, 09:19 AM
I also got a bonus 10 and I threw that on the Packers winning the division. If the Packers win 8 or more, I get 120 and if they win the division, I get 175.

If I win, I'm going to start a little gambling jar and then I'll have some money to bet with next year on just random games like what you are doing.

I'm going to keep very good records of what I've spent and won. If I every find myself down by over $200, I'm out. I feel like I follow the NFL pretty closely. I think I can win money. If not, I'll just give up.

That's is an excellent plan.

RashanGary
09-09-2007, 09:21 AM
That's the problem with guys like you and I, Packnut. We're a little too confident (IMO) so we're the types who will put their money on the line. We'll see, some people do quite well with it. Others lose their ass. I think I can do a good job otherwise I wouldn't try. It sounds like you do alright.

Packnut
09-09-2007, 09:36 AM
That's the problem with guys like you and I, Packnut. We're a little too confident (IMO) so we're the types who will put their money on the line. We'll see, some people do quite well with it. Others lose their ass. I think I can do a good job otherwise I wouldn't try. It sounds like you do alright.

I've done great in the college games. That is my only gift the good Lord gave me. However, the pro's is a different story...... :cry:

MadtownPacker
09-09-2007, 10:23 AM
There aint nothing wrong with gambling,. Hell most of these guys are gonna spend more then that on beer during the season. If it makes you feel good and doesn't hurt others then its cool.